Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I'm kind of wondering if there will eventually be Wrath cookie upgrades. Something like where after you click x amount of wrath cookies, it unlocks an upgrade to make clot last half as long or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Instant Grat posted:

Time machine number 200 would cost 123456789*1.15^199 cookies

That's 148.042.089.956.694.458.087 cookies

At 700 million CpS, that is 6706 years of idling

You just don't try enough :colbert:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I hope something more is done for the lesser items like farms, factories, and mines. There is no reason to buy more than 100 of any of those. And 100 farms only nets 2000cps. It is kind of dumb.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

legendsuper posted:

You just don't try enough :colbert:

That's just for that one time machine though, that's not even factoring in how long it would take to get the first 199 of them :spergin:

E:

Mordiceius posted:

I hope something more is done for the lesser items like farms, factories, and mines. There is no reason to buy more than 100 of any of those. And 100 farms only nets 2000cps. It is kind of dumb.

A Farm boosts your cursors just as much as a time machine does, which is not at all an insignificant amount depending on how many of the cursor upgrades you have - with all the cursor upgrades, even a farm will boost every single one of your cursors by 132.6 CpS, and that's before factoring in things like global percentage bonuses and Cats.

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 4, 2013

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Mordiceius posted:

They aren't worth it for their own production, but they are another building and so count towards the massive gains you can get from all of the cursor upgrades.

I'm not sure what the break-even point is on that, but I think it cost me all of about a minute of production to buy 10 more farms, so I don't really care as I apparently have to wait until 8719 A.D. to get my last time machine anyway.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Antifreeze Head posted:

They aren't worth it for their own production, but they are another building and so count towards the massive gains you can get from all of the cursor upgrades.

I'm not sure what the break-even point is on that, but I think it cost me all of about a minute of production to buy 10 more farms, so I don't really care as I apparently have to wait until 8719 A.D. to get my last time machine anyway.

This is a good point, is it worth buys more than 100 for the cursor cps bonus do you think?

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I don't feel like reading all 40 pages of this but I can't tell how the milk works. I clearly have more now than I did, but I don't know how I achieved that.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Nativity In Black posted:

I don't feel like reading all 40 pages of this but I can't tell how the milk works. I clearly have more now than I did, but I don't know how I achieved that.

Achievements give you more milk percentage. :v:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Wait, I just bought cursor 201? I thought there was a cap.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Leadthumb posted:

Wait, I just bought cursor 201? I thought there was a cap.

No cap, just achievements for getting certain numbers.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Red Metal posted:

No cap, just achievements for getting certain numbers.

What has science done!

To Vex a Stranger
Mar 15, 2004
Rawr!
Why am I still playing this!? I started an hour and twenty minutes ago and can't stop clicking/building. THE COOK-STROSITY!

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Instant Grat posted:

Time machine number 200 would cost 123456789*1.15^199 cookies

That's 148.042.089.956.694.458.087 cookies

At 700 million CpS, that is 6706 years of idling

That's nothing. Just to get to that point from 100 Time machines would cost you slightly over 1 sextillion.

deptstoremook
Jan 12, 2004
my mom got scared and said "you're moving with your Aunt and Uncle in Bel-Air!"

K. Farb posted:

You can probably just buy a dungeon and then send an armored grandma army down, losing cps and blood cookies while they rummage for potential cookie spoils. Don't expect a free cookie Zelda or you'll be disappointed.

Oh, absolutely, I know it will be stupid as hell and reflected only in my cookie speed and count, and that's why I'm excited--because I'm a huge idiot.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
Is the website down for anyone else?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How many cookies would fill the universe.

A certain number of cookies stacked together would create a cookie star.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

The server is absolutely hammered, 90% of the time you will need to refresh repeatedly to get in.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Slickdrac posted:

The server is absolutely hammered, 90% of the time you will need to refresh repeatedly to get in.

Yeah I became real intimate with the cloudflare error page over the last couple'o'days.

Then I noticed something.

Oh god. What have we done?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

So how do you get the achievement for clicking twice in 5ms or whatever?

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug
You need to click at a rate of 15 clicks per second for about 6 clicks.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?
If you're willing to get nerdy and don't want to cheat using JavaScript, it can easily be done using AutoHotkey

Rene Rancourt fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 4, 2013

ankleteeth
May 1, 2012
So what happens if I keep researching the upgrade linking the grandma's brains together. I got the first one and it says they're awoken. Does it end with total grandmother supremacy?

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

ankleteeth posted:

So what happens if I keep researching the upgrade linking the grandma's brains together. I got the first one and it says they're awoken. Does it end with total grandmother supremacy?

No.

It never ends.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Requested_Username posted:

So how do you get the achievement for clicking twice in 5ms or whatever?

They changed it to make it doable. I just clicked as fast as I could and got it right away after the patch dropped.

iopred
Aug 14, 2005

Heli Attack!

Musluk posted:

Yeah I became real intimate with the cloudflare error page over the last couple'o'days.

Then I noticed something.

Oh god. What have we done?

Not actually far from the truth, the game stores it's save-state in the cookie. (no joke)

Girl_with_stick
Jun 30, 2013
Cookies...more cookies

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

All achievements obtained
All upgrades obtained
Getting over 1 billion CPS

I need more cookies :negative:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

iopred posted:

Not actually far from the truth, the game stores it's save-state in the cookie. (no joke)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SodomizeTheWeak posted:

I wish there was a loving audio cue for golden cookies. Even with the window minimized in the corner I still miss them sometimes.

Multiple browser windows up at the same time. That's how I'm keeping an eye on it on my laptop. And, yes, browsing things on half of a screen is a bit of a pain, but it's worth it.

For those using the spreadsheet to calculate when you'll hit your 100th Time Machine or what have you, do note that the spread sheet isn't smart enough to calculate your future CpS from subsequent purchases. It can only calculate via the current state. Also, if you want to test your CpS increase, just up a building by one in the sheet and there's a box showing the CpS would be for that state.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Instant Grat posted:

That's just for that one time machine though, that's not even factoring in how long it would take to get the first 199 of them :spergin:

At a constant 1 billion CPS, around 36064 years for 1-200.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Then I'll see you chumps in 38077. :getin:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What about a thousand time machines? The universe has existed for 14ish billion years just for some perspective.

drink_bleach
Dec 13, 2004

Praise the Sun!

Meta Ridley posted:

At a constant 1 billion CPS, around 36064 years for 1-200.

I COME FROM THIRTY SIX THOUSAND YEARS IN THE FUTURE! YOU MUST STOP MAKING COOKIES BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

drink_bleach posted:

I COME FROM THIRTY SIX THOUSAND YEARS IN THE FUTURE! YOU MUST STOP MAKING COOKIES BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!

How much does time machine 201 cost?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Leadthumb posted:

How much does time machine 201 cost?

Too fuckin' much.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Orteil should add a shadow achievement for getting the 200th time machine.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

It's probably only a matter of time/updates until we're talking about what a pain it is to try and get the 1000th time machine.

By which point, they will be worthless, of course.

a bloody icon
Apr 22, 2012

5,171,744,235,503,066,000 to my next time machine? oh is that all

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
From dicking around in the console it looks like Dungeons might be a whole another game within a game. There are tiles that you can click and everything. This was in the comments for Game.DungeonNode:

code:
		//note : this isn't how it's gonna work in the final version.
		//it'll have tiny little maps
		//it's gonna be cute as butts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

siggy2021 posted:

From dicking around in the console it looks like Dungeons might be a whole another game within a game. There are tiles that you can click and everything. This was in the comments for Game.DungeonNode:

code:
		//note : this isn't how it's gonna work in the final version.
		//it'll have tiny little maps
		//it's gonna be cute as butts

Clicking...tiles? I don't know...

• Locked thread