Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Byers2142 posted:

Just go Commando...

I went Shcock Trooper....

...I should go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I'm Commando Shepard and these are my favorite boxers on the internet.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

I think this is deliberate but I'm not sure.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Zoran posted:

I think this is deliberate but I'm not sure.

Pretty sure it is. I want to make bad jokes about "basstion" and "stassis" but no.

Also, the comic art was godawful on a page, the idea of wearing it is just :stonk:

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Psion posted:

Also, the comic art was godawful on a page, the idea of wearing it is just :stonk:

I imagine Mac Walters secretly wears those swimsuits every day :ssh:

That is my headcanon.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Burning Mustache posted:

I imagine Mac Walters secretly wears those swimsuits every day :ssh:

That is my headcanon.

:speculate:

Also surprised no one mentioning the Liara swimsuit where she's at the wearer's crotch saying "Goddess".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The MSJ posted:

:speculate:

Also surprised no one mentioning the Liara swimsuit where she's at the wearer's crotch saying "Goddess".

One of her breasts is reporting that they are not hostile :psyduck:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mass Effect 2 just updated in Origin but not Steam (I installed it via Steam, but it shows up in Origin as well). It's 194MB. I wonder what this is about.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

The MSJ posted:

Mass Effect 2 just updated in Origin but not Steam (I installed it via Steam, but it shows up in Origin as well). It's 194MB. I wonder what this is about.

Having seen a recent interview with Peter Moore about the topic, preparatory update for 'free to play stuff' :haw:

A rather nice way to spend a Bank Holiday - polishing off my first Mass Effect run on PC. Wierdly janky that I had to then copy saves around to make the import work for ME2, and I freaked out a little when the Genesis thing fired up (I'd assumed you'd only see it if you weren't importing a save). And then went through the intro three times (issues with face-codes) :doh:

It's a long time since I did an ME2 run without a bonus talent. Hopefully by the time I'm done with Freedom's Progress I'll stop loving things up due to the different key bindings between ME1 and ME2 (it always tripped me up on 360 for a bit with Save and Load being swapped in the UI, but at least the controls were the same) :argh:.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

So, did anyone here want a Zaeed cooking show? Of course you do, maggots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcJ4WSa6Vng

Poor Dobby. :(

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
I gotta say that guy would make a pretty drat worthy replacement for Robin Sachs.

For gently caress's sake just give us a Zaeed spin-off and maybe I'll give you money again, Bioware!

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Burning Mustache posted:

I gotta say that guy would make a pretty drat worthy replacement for Robin Sachs.

For gently caress's sake just give us a Zaeed spin-off and maybe I'll give you money again, Bioware!

I know, the impression is excellent. It's not QUITE perfect, but so very close.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

BreakAtmo posted:

I know, the impression is excellent. It's not QUITE perfect, but so very close.

Yeah, I mean you can tell it's not 100% the same but it's so good it would definitely be appropriate to use if they'd want to do something with that character in future games. Heck, they replaced Mordin's VA in ME3 and this is even better than Mordin's replacement.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

I honestly didn't even notice the difference in Mordin between the games, but I'm sure I would've noticed if he started singing 'Scientist Salarian' at full volume.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Rick_Hunter posted:

I honestly didn't even notice the difference in Mordin between the games, but I'm sure I would've noticed if he started singing 'Scientist Salarian' at full volume.

Yeah, I had no idea at all it was a different VA in ME3. On a seperate note, planet-scanning for the first time in ME2 on PC has proven to be, dare I say, a life-altering and transformative experience. It's as fast as you can wave the mouse around! :psyduck: Guess I don't need to worry about the scanner-speed ship upgrade any more.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
It's even faster if you forget it altogether and just cheat yourself a few hundred thousand units of each resource with the save game editor.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

magimix posted:

Yeah, I had no idea at all it was a different VA in ME3. On a seperate note, planet-scanning for the first time in ME2 on PC has proven to be, dare I say, a life-altering and transformative experience. It's as fast as you can wave the mouse around! :psyduck: Guess I don't need to worry about the scanner-speed ship upgrade any more.

Doesn't the scanner speed upgrade make the scanning icon bigger now, not just faster? I remember a patch doing something like that a long time ago, maybe it was making the scanning icon bigger since the start.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Smol posted:

It's even faster if you forget it altogether and just cheat yourself a few hundred thousand units of each resource with the save game editor.

Remember who you're talking to :stare:

Kibayasu posted:

Doesn't the scanner speed upgrade make the scanning icon bigger now, not just faster? I remember a patch doing something like that a long time ago, maybe it was making the scanning icon bigger since the start.

Its so long ago now that I can't remember if they patched scanner performance in general, or just the scanner upgrade.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

magimix posted:

Remember who you're talking to :stare:

If you cheat fix the horrible minigame, it'll be much faster to get to 30 playthroughs on the PC as well. :v:

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Smol posted:

If you cheat fix the horrible minigame, it'll be much faster to get to 30 playthroughs on the PC as well. :v:

That's more like it :haw:

But yeah, I'm so used to my ME2 runs getting up to speed in a particular way, due to the combination of import and 'long service' bonuses. The lack of that second tier of bonus means I had half the money I'm used to, and none of the resource bonuses. No longer able to do stuff traditionally taken for granted - like being able to upgrade all the way to Trauma Module and Emergency Shielding after doing just Mordin's mission, and getting hammered with Chakwas. Small things like that are mixing up Act I for me, albeit in minor ways, but enough that, for this first run at least (and same as with the preceeding ME1 run), I won't be save-editing. The first ME3 PC run will get the same treatment.

Once that initial all-trilogy run is done though, its all up for grabs.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Is there something wrong with Wrex's AI in the Citadel DLC? He seems to automatically use all of his grenades/stimpacks (in a manner of seconds) even though I've set squadmate AI off in the settings?

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Smol posted:

Is there something wrong with Wrex's AI in the Citadel DLC? He seems to automatically use all of his grenades/stimpacks (in a manner of seconds) even though I've set squadmate AI off in the settings?

I've had this problem too. No clue what causes it, but I'll end up using one with five to spare and when I look back 10 seconds later they're all gone even though I never recall seeing any additional blasts.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Smol posted:

I didn't try turning Wrex's AI off. But he did love using up all his grenades and stimpacks as fast as he could.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Wrex and Grunt also seem to do literally nothing in Armax Arena mirror matches.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Smol posted:

Wrex is a loose cannon and you must learn to love him for that.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Smol posted:

Wrex and Grunt also seem to do literally nothing in Armax Arena mirror matches.

This is very very very true. I ran a team of Wrex and Grunt through everything right up until the mirror match and it was like I'd turned on a cheat mode. They were invincible. Even the "broken" battle where you fight the elites of every faction at the same time was a cakewalk. Then I ran the mirror match and got murdered in seconds. They did nothing. I thought I just sucked at a real challenge and tried it a few times more. Nope. Wrex and Grunt are useless in the mirror match. I ended up completing it with EDI and Miranda for maximum power versatility.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Perhaps the fact that there are so many Shepard clones running around has triggered some kind of critical fault in their AI? Like they don't know which Shepard is the real Shepard? Or they've reached Krogan nirvana with of bunch of worthy opponents.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Could've been the Ryncol from the previous night. I did go there after the party, after all.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
Continued my playthrough of ME3 last night. Finished the second planet in the Leviathan DLC, as well as the Citadel coup. The latter part was better than I remembered, at least when you try to consider that the attack is more of a hit-and-run on the council rather than a genuine invasion. I generally imagined that they went in quickly to take command of C-Sec to sow chaos and then moved on to kill the council before bugging out.

With that over, I now have access to the apartment from Anderson. As I'm planning on keeping all the Citadel mission content for after the ending, I was wondering if I can still make use of the apartment(and the companion visits) without starting the DLC questline?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I don't believe so, no. Although the actual mission isn't what you want to keep until the end. It works fine anywhere in the story.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Baron von der Loon posted:

With that over, I now have access to the apartment from Anderson. As I'm planning on keeping all the Citadel mission content for after the ending, I was wondering if I can still make use of the apartment(and the companion visits) without starting the DLC questline?

If you want the companion visits, you need to complete the Citadel DLC mission. If you want a visit from someone specifically, it is a bit more complicated. It's easiest to either finish the game and reload the save just before the point of no return, or just do the companion visits before the point of no return.

I'd also recommend that you at least start the initial Priority mission available after the Coup before starting the Citadel DLC mission.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Well the Leviathan DLC is 50% off on the 360 if anyone was thinking about getting that one?

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Ok, I started playing this on PC finally, but I'm running into this weird... glitch? Restarting the game hasn't fixed it. Basically, I'm on the Mars base, and Ashley keeps sitting in one spot and I think she's changing her ammo repeatedly or something, because her little power icon keeps toggling. She never moves from that spot unless I order her to attack with Q, and even then after she fires off a Concussive Shot she goes right back to power-toggling. Restarting the game hasn't fixed the problem, either... any idea what's causing this?

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Ashley's Marksman skill is broken.

The two solutions to it are 1) reset her powers and leave Marksman at zero or 2) don't use her

(neither of which you can do until you're past Mars)

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Seemlar posted:

The two solutions to it are 1) reset her powers and leave Marksman at zero or 2) don't use her

Is that a PC only defect? I don't recall seeing anything like that on 360.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

magimix posted:

No, it's on the 360 too. If you take Ashley you'll constantly hear this "bleep bleep" sound which is her Marksman activating.

Seemlar posted:

You can use Gibbed to set Marksman to zero. I think you have to wait until she is in your party, so you can do it as soon as you land on Mars.

VVVV - how useful/useless is Ashley without Marksman? I always used Kaidan :v:

monster on a stick fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 5, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

magimix posted:

Pretty such XBox and PS3 also suffers from it. That bug was introduced with patch 1.04 when they changed Marksman so it will reload your weapon when you activate it in MP. The AI apparently becomes confused when the ability is used with less then a full clip and gets stuck in a loop.

As mentioned a sollution is not putting points in Marksman (and turning of squad usage of powers until you can respec Ashley).
If you're on the PC you can also try using a previous version of the executable that doesn't have this bug, or mess around with a coalesced editor and other modding tools and see if you can replace Marksman on Ashley with another power.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 5, 2013

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Sounds like Kaidan supremacy to me. ME3, you are cruel to Ash in so many ways.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Raygereio posted:

Pretty such XBox and PS3 also suffers from it. That bug was introduced with patch 1.04 when they changed Marksman so it will reload your weapon when you activate it in MP. The AI apparently becomes confused when the ability is used with less then a full clip and gets stuck in a loop.

Wow, that's nutty. I must not have used Ashley in an ME3 since that patch level or something. Reminds me of some of the issues ME2 had, like the infamous 'ammo talent tennis' thing that kicked in if you had squadmates in your shore party that had their own talents that were evolved to squad form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

monster on a stick posted:

VVVV - how useful/useless is Ashley without Marksman? I always used Kaidan :v:

Even when Marksman worked it didn't seem to me like the squad AI was smart enough to take full advantage of the bonuses it gives. Like she would activate it and then just sit in cover or only shoot a few times before it wore off. Kaidan is a lot more useful than Ashley.

Wrex's stim pack power had to be bugged in a similar way too, he would just spam it constantly as soon as he saw any enemies until he ran out of grenades (also rendering his other grenade power useless because he never has grenades). Like the AI couldn't detect that the buff was applied and it should stop activating the power so it just keeps trying. I always thought it was an odd power choice and a poor thematic fit for him anyway and he should have had an offensive biotic power like warp or throw instead.

• Locked thread