Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheeseman
Apr 1, 2001

Otacon posted:

There is a dry-cleaning store in my town called "Colony Cleaners" that gets vandalized easily three to four times a year with someone covering up the Y. Next time it happens I'll remember to take a picture and post it here so I can tell all you naysayers "I told you so."

That was the first and only time I've ever seen the Old Canal Inn's sign go out like that, if at all. And I took that picture around 10 years ago at least. I've heard, though, that nowadays some business have their signs rigged so that if a certain letter goes out that would change the sign into saying something vulgar like that, other letters would cease to function as well. I'm not sure if that's actually true or not, but sounds plausible enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

:haw:

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Sign chat! I don't have a pic because this was before I even had a cell phone with a camera and I didn't carry a camera around with me but one magical evening in high school while driving around with some friends, we saw a Discount Tire sign that was shorting out and the letters DISCO were the only lit letters and they were flashing. It was groovy, man.

Edit: Asses!

I Might Be Adam has a new favorite as of 03:38 on Sep 5, 2013

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Hotel Coral Essex!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

This one barely needed any alteration.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's a Red Rooster near where I used to live where I swear it was a tradition or something to steal the "S" from the sign on the roof (for probable context, it's also in a suburb near a highschool). Any time it got replaced, it'd be gone within a day at most. They finally put a stop to it only a few months ago (after a good decade or so of S-thefts) with a single sign instead of individual letters.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

syscall girl posted:

This one barely needed any alteration.

Is that the real SF sign or some other imitation? It's been closed for twenty years or so.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
That's the upgraded sign in downtown Portland, OR. I can see it from my studio. :)

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Pictures of line-crossing ceremony of Polish sailors.

Terrormisu
Mar 28, 2007

Will you sign my copy?
Took this about two years back

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's a Red Rooster near where I used to live where I swear it was a tradition or something to steal the "S" from the sign on the roof (for probable context, it's also in a suburb near a highschool). Any time it got replaced, it'd be gone within a day at most. They finally put a stop to it only a few months ago (after a good decade or so of S-thefts) with a single sign instead of individual letters.

I was confused for a minute before I remembered that it's Australian / New Zealander slang for sex

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Android Bicyclist posted:

Even worse, that case is clearly designed for people that hold their phone in their left hand. What happens when you hold your phone in your right hand? Chaos, that's what happens!

EDIT: Jeez, this thread moves fast sometimes.

Quit tryin' to keep the left-handed man down, we need representation too. :colbert:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Goddamn chicken and waffles look good.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

The best signs are ones that come pre vandalized.

Malkamar
Mar 15, 2009
MY DEAD HUSBAND WAS FULL OF SHIT

That isn't any place I'd like to be.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

I really love this sign and I'm glad it's close to my place.

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

Doctor who?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Seen in NYC a few years ago, it got covered by a bunch of news sites. I think it's racist?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It's one of a billion X fried chicken places.

Where X is anything from Kenya to Hitler.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It's one of a billion X fried chicken places.

Where X is anything from Kenya to Hitler.

According to this, the owner was a new immigrant from Bangladesh and didn't really understand the controversy. It was intended as a tribute.

Who knows if he was sincere or just trying to cash in.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Coffee And Pie posted:

Seen in NYC a few years ago, it got covered by a bunch of news sites. I think it's racist?

That totally looks like a photoshop even though I know it isn't.

PepeSilvia
Mar 17, 2009

Clipse did a music video featuring Obama Fried Chicken for their song "Popular Demand" but then blurred it out because the guy who owns it wanted some money for licensing. I couldn't find an uncensored version of the video online though.

Inpossible
Oct 9, 2012

Skeesix posted:

That totally looks like a photoshop even though I know it isn't.

Looks like a mspaint even.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
But how was the chicken

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Inpossible posted:

Looks like a mspaint even.

I wouldn't believe it either, but I actually saw it in person on a school trip.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

But how was the chicken

The driver wouldn't stop :(

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's an international craze. Here's something similar in the Philippines:

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Coffee And Pie posted:

How do you "Obama fry" something? I want to make Obama fried chicken fried steak gravy chicken Bisquick biscuits.

Obviously, it's biscuits and gravy, but the gravy is made from chicken fried steak, the biscuits are Bisquick chicken broth biscuits, and I'm not sure how Obama fits into the recipe.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

But how was the chicken

It seemed all-right at first, but by the second bite I knew it wasn't going to revolutionise things.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Coffee And Pie posted:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

This was sold around 2009 in Germany.

Your average shopper doesn't appreciate loud exclamations of "hahaha holy poo poo look at this" in the frozen food section, I learned that day.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

My Lovely Horse posted:

This was sold around 2009 in Germany.

Your average shopper doesn't appreciate loud exclamations of "hahaha holy poo poo look at this" in the frozen food section, I learned that day.

Huh, Obama is white meat. Didn't see that coming.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Hotline Miami had a really interesting advertising campaign.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You can put Obama and the US flag on the box, but in America we dip our chicken fingers in ketchup or ranch.

Get out of here with this "curry dip" nonsense, Germany. Your chicken is a lie.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

You can put Obama and the US flag on the box, but in America we dip our chicken fingers in ketchup or ranch.

Was there a "franch" option? I hear that's good.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

DrBouvenstein posted:

I doubt it. The only person I've ever seen eat franch committed suicide shortly afterwards.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Jesus christ, what? Not even a plum sauce or something? That sounds really gross for some reason.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Honey mustard and BBQ are definitely the most popular where I live.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Dead Blue Sky posted:

I doubt it. The only person I've ever seen eat franch committed suicide shortly afterwards.

Yeah that was quite a shock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DrBouvenstein posted:

I was trying to remember the name of the nickelodeon slime green sauce ("Cajun Kick-rear end") and in doing so rediscovered thisiswhyyourefat.com

Sweet Jesus' amputated diabetic foot. :stare:

• Locked thread