Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yep! And having Clot halves the max you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Is it cheating to rebind my super spinny mouse wheel to left click and then spin it over the cookie? :ohdear:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

SilverSliver posted:

This sounds like the reasoning of a chauvinist Grandpa. You don't want the Grannies to awaken because then they'd know they're in the kitchen for your perverse cookie making end game.
Let the Grannies sleep no more! The sleeper has awakened! The cookie is the Life!
It is by cookie alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the chocolate of sapho that cookies aquire speed
the dough aquire stains.
The stains become a warning.
It is by cookie alone I set my mind in motion.

You have become consumed by the beast. All you see now are cookies, not the reason why cookies exist. I got rid of my mines, factories, and farms, all of them gone Soon as i complete time machines, it'll just be me and 1 grandma making cookings together.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Is it cheating to rebind my super spinny mouse wheel to left click and then spin it over the cookie? :ohdear:

You'll have to decide that for yourself. Cookie Morality! :ohdear:

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Al Borland posted:

it'll just be me and 1 grandma making cookings together.

until you sell her too

you monster

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer
I blame the PS2 goons for showing me this game, now I'm hooked.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I wouldn't count that as cheating, because you're still the one doing the "clicking". Automating golden cookies on the other hand, that's just vile and immoral.

*edit*

Yesterday I complained I got no Cookie Chains or Elder Frenzies. This morning I had a full cookie chain and 2 frenzies, now I only need 5 cursors to 200! And then I just have to save up 50 trillion! And then 77? And 3 times 99?

I'm nearly there guys, I can see the end!

nimby fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Sep 6, 2013

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!
I wanted to get neverclick and true neverclick so I did a hard reset :unsmigghh:. If I'm starting over it might as well me totally fresh right? Like the best cookies.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

nimby posted:

I'm nearly there guys, I can see the end!
There is no end yet.*

You merely begin a new grind- in this case, crafting gear for your army of grandmas before you march on the dungeons.

And soon enough the 3D cookie client+ will be released so that we may click cookies ina glorious 3 dimensional environ, and kill skeletons.

* I don't know why I said yet there will never be an end.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Been playing this on and off for a week or so.

Today while browsing something on my xbox 360 (yes, I'm the one that does that) and decided to show my girlfriend the game that has been infecting into peoples lives.

It started off with her wondering why the hell someone would play something like this, now she is clicking away while I write this.

Also, you have to love the irony of playing this on a console with so many other games available.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I inputted then code for the Golden autoclicker and thought bad for a moment as it was cheating.

Then I realized it would still take me days to get anything meaningful. Also I'm not idling at work or school, because I'm an environmentalist :colbert:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Cameron posted:

This game makes me want to go to Costco and get their cookies. The golden cookie is obviously a Heath bar Cookie from Costco. Ugh I'm a loving goon.

The golden cookie is HANDMADE, you heathen.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Erm, where exactly do I plug the script into to make it work?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
The console of your browser. Scroll down to browser-specific console instruction from this page.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Alabaster White posted:

Erm, where exactly do I plug the script into to make it work?

Most browsers should have a console that pop up when you press CTRL-I or CTRL-J.

E;fb

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I wanted to get the cheating achievement and cheated in one cookie. Now I had NaN cookies and welp that means the game is borked.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
The proper way to get the cheating achievement is obviously to cheat in the achievement itself.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
So do the percent boost cookies not apply separately? I just dropped a cool 100 trillion on a sweet snickerdoodle and my production only went from 677m cps to 720m cps. That's not even 10%. :(

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Yeah, it looks like it's applied additively instead of multiplicatively.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo

The best way to click cookies: a 55" plasma tv!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I finally made it to 1 billion CPS and it's still not enough... :shobon:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Now I know how the bitcoin people feel like. Just watching numbers go up, making numbers here go low and other areas high, While Grandma gazes at me disappointingly...

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dizz posted:

Now I know how the bitcoin people feel like. Just watching numbers go up, making numbers here go low and other areas high, While Grandma gazes at me disappointingly...

If grandmas have enough time to feel emotion, you're not working them hard enough.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I hate the new cursors that don't constantly move slightly and just move once every 10 seconds. I miss my pulsating mass of cursors, now I've got these stupid rings that circle around nice and harmoniously.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Man, things really do become a slog once you've got some time machines under your belt. Hopefully dungeons next week will fix that.

In the mean time. Cookies. Chips Ahoy Reese Cup cookies. Mmm.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Oh..., oh no.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Just refresh for a few minutes, you'll get in eventually

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
A new server is being set up, so there's that.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
"Get Lucky" Upgrade:

I'm up all night to bake cookies :shepface:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I tried to click the cookie in his picture.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Does Elder Covenant count as an upgrade? I have one upgrade left to finish them all. :ohdear:

The Battle Axe
Mar 30, 2011

D34THROW posted:

Does Elder Covenant count as an upgrade? I have one upgrade left to finish them all. :ohdear:

Yes, it does. You can switch it off right afterwards though.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!
Is there a console command to finish the current research? I can't wait 25 more minutes for this poo poo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sunblood posted:

Is there a console command to finish the current research? I can't wait 25 more minutes for this poo poo

The command is to click more cookies.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

euphronius posted:

The command is to click more cookies.

WANTED: Real life time machine
OFFER: Enough cookies to fill the universe with cookies

Sunblood fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 6, 2013

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

D34THROW posted:

I don't think it does, it doesn't show up in the list.

You're probably missing the 200 cursors one.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The worst part about the hard drive failure I had last Friday is that I lost my Cookie Clicker save file :negative:

But it's okay. I'm here now. I'm here to click the cookies. Everything will be alright.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Now that I have all the cookie types I can say with great confidence that snickerdoodles are good, and so are some of the other ones.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've been too much into reading/writing SCP Foundation stories to ever click One Mind. No, I will not allow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Gotta say, when Get Lucky causes gold-cookie overlap, it's the greatest thing.

• Locked thread