Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Did he reduce the amount golden cookies give? I used to get a trillion cookies without the frenzy buff. Now I'm only getting like 700B or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

New patch seems to have nerfed the Lucky bonus. It's about a third less effective.

EDIT: Beaten.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The Duggler posted:

Is it possible that 28750 chips would require more cookies than the game can handle?

I have no idea how Javascript handles numbers, but that 28750 chips would need 826562500 trillion cookies, so yeah, that might be it.

Of course if you got that far legit, I think you need to seek professional psychiatric help.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Steelion posted:

Did he reduce the amount golden cookies give? I used to get a trillion cookies without the frenzy buff. Now I'm only getting like 700B or so.

Yeah, it now gives the lower of 10% of your cookies on-hand or 20 minutes of cookie production. This now means you only need 84000 x Cps to get the most out of it with Frenzy, instead of 126000 x CpS.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

Color Printer posted:

I have no idea how Javascript handles numbers, but that 28750 chips would need 826562500 trillion cookies, so yeah, that might be it.

Of course if you got that far legit, I think you need to seek professional psychiatric help.

If you got that far legit, please let us all know the secret of immortality. And time travel. (is it cookies)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Do you get prestige chips for hard resetting, or only for resetting?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Presumably hard resetting resets *everything*, including how many cookies you had before resetting.

Perhaps by deleting your cookies :v:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh, never mind, the warning message for hard resetting specifically says you lose your prestige.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Here's some other new stuff I've found in the .js file. FORBIDDEN COOKIE SPOILERS for those that care, obviously.

An achievement for clicking 7,777 golden cookies: Black cat's paw
Lucky Golden Cookies now only give up to 20 minutes worth of cookies, not 30
Seven new cooki-er, biscuits that are more +15% CpS boosters. Unlock the first by buying Snickerdoodles, Stroopwafles, and Macaroons, then buy each one to unlock the next
Engineer achievement for having 800 buildings
Nihilism achievement - reset the game with 1 quadrillion cookies on hand

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 8, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Weird, I didn't get Nihilism and I had over 2 quadrillion total when I reset just now.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Sindai posted:

Weird, I didn't get Nihilism and I had over 2 quadrillion total when I reset just now.

I'm a dumbass and can't read, it's still cookies you have on hand and the others have not changed.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 38 minutes!
Ugh, the worst part about resetting is waiting forever to get golden cookies.

deptstoremook
Jan 12, 2004
my mom got scared and said "you're moving with your Aunt and Uncle in Bel-Air!"
For those planning on resetting, keep in mind that you can sell off all your buildings to count towards your "cookies baked" total AND your on-hand cookies if you're going for the cheev. You might consider that first one cheating, but the second one seems like fair game.

YellowJello
Dec 9, 2008

This game has destroyed my life in 20 minutes.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
If you get 70% back, that means you can triple your total cookies by repeatedly selling and buying

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
I hate you people and I hate this game.

Rene Rancourt
Mar 26, 2007

Was my contract good for you, too?
These biscuits are bullshit. I thought this was a game about cookies

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

deptstoremook posted:

For those planning on resetting, keep in mind that you can sell off all your buildings to count towards your "cookies baked" total AND your on-hand cookies if you're going for the cheev. You might consider that first one cheating, but the second one seems like fair game.

...why didn't I think of this before resetting. Good to keep in mind going forward definitely!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Color Printer posted:

Here's some other new stuff I've found in the .js file. FORBIDDEN COOKIE SPOILERS for those that care, obviously.

Seven new cooki-er, biscuits that are more +15% CpS boosters. Unlock the first by buying Snickerdoodles, Stroopwafles, and Macaroons, then buy each one to unlock the next
Engineer achievement for having 800 buildings

These two definitely already fire, so don't consider this TOO spoilery. I got the latter one just by loading the game.

Also just since it's more likely to come up now/someone vaguely mentioned it earlier: careful trying to turbocheat the cookies just because over a certain point (scientific notation or thereabouts?) it will stop saving entirely and wipe your "Cookies in Bank/Cookies All-Time" stats. Keeps any upgrades you buy with that though.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Rofl. So... having 56 heavenly chips is 280% cps boost. Makes the early game go REAL quick.

weavernaut
Sep 12, 2007

i'm so glad to have made such an interesting new friend
Seriously, am I the only one who can't load the site any more?

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
From the 4chan thread (spoilers if you don't want to know about future upgrades):

quote:

type='cookie';power=15;
new Game.Upgrade('Empire biscuits','Cookie production multiplier <b>+15%</b>.',99999999999999,[5,4]);
new Game.Upgrade('British tea biscuits','Cookie production multiplier <b>+15%</b>.',99999999999999,[6,4]);
new Game.Upgrade('Chocolate british tea biscuits','Cookie production multiplier <b>+15%</b>.',99999999999999,[7,4]);
new Game.Upgrade('Round british tea biscuits','Cookie production multiplier <b>+15%</b>.',99999999999999,[8,4]);
new Game.Upgrade('Round chocolate british tea biscuits','Cookie production multiplier <b>+15%</b>.',99999999999999,[9,4]);
new Game.Upgrade('Round british tea biscuits with heart motif','Cookie production multiplier <b>+15%</b>.',99999999999999,[10,4]);
new Game.Upgrade('Round chocolate british tea biscuits with heart motif','Cookie production multiplier <b>+15%</b>.<q>Quite.</q>',99999999999999,[11,4]);
type='';power=0;

Those appear to be the new the new upgrades
Upgrades that change milk and background are still commented out
The first one unlocks after buying the three 99 Trillion cookies, and each one after that unlocks after buying the previous.

E: And now there's this.

memy fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Sep 8, 2013

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

deptstoremook posted:

Welp. This breaks the game wide open. Now up to 1345 prestige chips (6725%)

First curser gives 6.8 cookies. lol

Doctor Doodler
Feb 14, 2012
It's not GRANDmatriarchs you goofs, it's GRANmatriarchs.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Doctor Doodler posted:

It's not GRANDmatriarchs you goofs, it's GRANmatriarchs.

:colbert:

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude

Mordiceius posted:

You could've broken it even harder and sold/rebought/resold them as many times as your money allowed.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I got impatient and reset because I wanted those sweet prestige chips, but hosed up my math and ended up with an UNEVEN amount of them, which is gonna bother my OCD rear end forever. I think I'm just gonna get True Neverclick this run, get a single trillion then reset again so I have an even 30 chips for a for-reals continuing play.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
So I'm on 200 cursors, 160 grandmas, 100 of everything else except time machine, all milk-producing achievements except for the one you get for 100 time machines, and all upgrades except for the new cookie types.

I'm thinking my gameplan should be buy time machines 'till 100, then reset to get prestige, waiting until I have 1 quadrillion cookies in the bank.

Thoughts?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
The prestige amount is based on your cookies baked and RESET total all time.

So say you reset with 1 quadrillion baked, you will get 31 chips

Get up to 1 quad again and reset, you will get 13 chips

You've reset 2 quadrillion cookies total, it's sqrt of 2000 to give you 44 chips total.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
If you want to go for a True Neverclick after a reset, make sure you wait until a cookie appears before resetting. You can still click on it after resetting, so you'll be able to get things rolling that much quicker.

EDIT: A cookie appeared. It was a Frenzy... at 0 cps. :negative:

Blattdorf fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Sep 8, 2013

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
Oh no i'm going to have to go for the new Nihilism achievement... How much prestige do you get for 3 quadrillion cookies?

edit: answered

deptstoremook
Jan 12, 2004
my mom got scared and said "you're moving with your Aunt and Uncle in Bel-Air!"

Mordiceius posted:

1.8 quintillion cookies reset? Is there something you'd like to tell us? :colbert:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Slickdrac posted:

The prestige amount is based on your cookies baked and RESET total all time.

So say you reset with 1 quadrillion baked, you will get 31 chips

Get up to 1 quad again and reset, you will get 13 chips

You've reset 2 quadrillion cookies total, it's sqrt of 2000 to give you 44 chips total.

Hm. And because resetting with xTrillion all-time cookies will give me enough chips for a +150% multiplier, it's almost better to reset then and build back up to, say, 3xTrillion cookies rather than simply waiting to amass more due to diminishing returns?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Welp.... 176823 prestige chips gives an 884115% multiplier. The first cursor I bought gave 884.2 cps.

I think I've broke myself.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Mordiceius posted:

Welp.... 176823 prestige chips gives an 884115% multiplier. The first cursor I bought gave 884.2 cps.

I'm so glad it's not me loving with this hardcore, hahaha.

Protip: recall how I mentioned turbocheating too much breaks the "all time" counter? Well it seems to get around the whole "all resets" thing too. Pretty crazy!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mordiceius posted:

Buy only cursors and upgrades; get a time machine. The game is much prettier and you don't enslave/pollute the planet.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I baked some real cookies to kill some time, but when I took them out of the oven the chocolate chips had simply vanished. Can't be a good sign.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Hellsau posted:

Buy only cursors and upgrades; get a time machine. The game is much prettier and you don't enslave/pollute the planet.

Went 1 cursor, 1 shipment, 1 lab, 1 portal and then cookies were flying so fast it took seconds to get time machines. I was getting cookies faster than I could click time machines until I got to about my 40th machine.

Less than 5 minutes overall to get to 85 machines. Producing... 1.6 trillion cps.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73817062/cookies/cookies.html

gently caress me that was fast...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
went ahead and reset for prestige....
I regret what I did almost instantly

• Locked thread