Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

mrkillboy posted:

It's from The Onion

Eh, this is just a rip off of Starbucks:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Facebook ads, i've missed you.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

Thievery posted:

What's that brown thing, a turd?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Thievery posted:

They hired the witchdoctor from Beetlejuice.

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
I've got an imgur album of all my good poo poo. Is there a way to get all the images to post in here; or should I just give 'yall the link so you can look at it amongst yourselves.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bruiser posted:

I've got an imgur album of all my good poo poo. Is there a way to get all the images to post in here; or should I just give 'yall the link so you can look at it amongst yourselves.

Click on each image in your imgur album and copy/paste the link with the [img] tags. If they're insanely large, change the tags to [timg]url[/timg].

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thievery posted:

Nothing beats ads solely targeted to people with body dysmorphic disorder.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

dead parents is true!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Huh, I didn't know that the service academies started spelling things phonetically.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

MichiganCubbie posted:

Huh, I didn't know that the service academies started spelling things phonetically.

It's better to keep things simple, those guys get hit in the head a lot.

leethasbro
Apr 11, 2005

Rat Enthusiast

Aww, and I already wasted "I Rike it."

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

teen witch has a new favorite as of 03:40 on Sep 8, 2013

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Thievery posted:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

The true cost of budget cuts at the zoo :(

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Indian Voltron never quite gained the popularity of the original.

Edit: oh poo poo, there's a bunch of youtube videos of Pulikali tiger dudes in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMh5DPIaLZk
:iia:

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 09:59 on Sep 8, 2013

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

I have seen this picture so goddamn often but I've never seen the original. Does anyone have it?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Porkchop sandwiches? Are we now posting things from the Early Internet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI

Because that video was so massively popular in 2004. Looking back, I have no idea why.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

cheerfullydrab posted:

Because that video was so massively popular in 2004. Looking back, I have no idea why.

Yeah, although purple monkey dishwasher randomness was the height of internet popularity back then this particular video just went nuts. Weebl's channel has 200 million hits spread out over 233 videos but the badger video accounts for almost 10% of his traffic. Know Your Meme reports that he even got a TV deal because of its popularity.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

"Badger" is an inherently funny word, but beyond that I have absolutely no idea.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I am now kind of upset because I don't get it, either. I watched that video dozens of times. I spent time with people who also did that, and we made jokes about the thing. I was 18. But I really don't get why any of that happened. I'm not being sarcastic, I just don't see the awesomeness after rewatching it. I don't know how many years have passed since the last time I saw it before today.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I laughed at the "Mr. T ate my balls" webring.

It was funny at the time.

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

cheerfullydrab posted:

Context. Remember, there wan't a Youtube back then, and Flash animations hosted on sites like Newgrounds were still about the peak of video entertainment. You had to find them on sites like SA. Plus, so many of them were loops that the Weebls stuff was impressive for being infinitely loopable. For any other qualities, the songs like Badger or Magical Trevor are earworms, whose catchiness was hammered in by the looping, and the animation was distinctive.

It's kind of like asking how anyone could have been impressed with the graphics of Quake I.

Meanwhile, in Funny Pictures, something that was also once funny: The Ham and Cheese Pita

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Quidam Viator posted:

Context. Remember, there wan't a Youtube back then, and Flash animations hosted on sites like Newgrounds were still about the peak of video entertainment. You had to find them on sites like SA. Plus, so many of them were loops that the Weebls stuff was impressive for being infinitely loopable. For any other qualities, the songs like Badger or Magical Trevor are earworms, whose catchiness was hammered in by the looping, and the animation was distinctive.

Wasn't the audio also slightly out of sync so that, after a few repetitions of the video, the "ahh Snake" would be over the top of the badgers. For some reason people loved that.

KILLALLNERDS.EXE
Oct 12, 2009
The "Honey badger don't give a gently caress" video is the only funny badger related media.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

KILLALLNERDS.EXE posted:

The "Honey badger don't give a gently caress" video is the only funny badger related media.

Incorrect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EllYgcWmcAY

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

:allears:

Imagine trying to explain that to your (grand)kids 20 years from now.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

KozmoNaut posted:

:allears:

Imagine trying to explain that to your (grand)kids 20 years from now.

It's sort of self explanatory.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

KILLALLNERDS.EXE posted:

For some reason I get a kick out of the fact that Devin Townsend did his own version of Badgers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0apsOhWV2M

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Oh Devin :allears:

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I was one of those people who thought Badgers was amazing back in college, and I'd never seen this before. Thank you for bringing this joy into my life.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

cheerfullydrab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI

It seems wrong to post a youtube of that: it should really be the Flash version:

http://weebls-stuff.com/songs/badgers/

MichiganCubbie posted:

I was one of those people who thought Badgers was amazing back in college, and I'd never seen this before. Thank you for bringing this joy into my life.

It really is Brian and Brian in there!

spog has a new favorite as of 20:00 on Sep 8, 2013

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

spog posted:

It really is Brian and Brian in there!

If I believed in God, he would be Brian Blessed. He truly is larger than life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It's sort of self explanatory.
I don't know about that; the Flash Gordon reference seems like it would be pretty obscure for people born after 1970 or so.

• Locked thread