Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
lingering death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-23673421

quote:

Charles Barnett, of BDO, said a large proportion of Scottish Premiership clubs believed they would be profitable in the coming year.

He also said revenues had not been adversely affected by the loss of Rangers.

Attendances up in almost every ground last year, full house at Aberdeen last week for the first time in years, but yeah keep posting the Armageddon pish.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Five of the 12 teams in the Scottish top flight took part in the survey.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Armageddon sick of this bawbag

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

jre posted:

Armageddon Pish.

was that the young Kazakhstani lad who scored the second goal? possible Sunderland January panic buy?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Babby Thatcher posted:

was that the young Kazakhstani lad who scored the second goal? possible Sunderland January panic buy?

Lmao
Celtic are poo poo.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Babby Thatcher posted:

Lol

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

vaginal culture posted:

Lmao
Celtic are poo poo.

Terrible thing.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Babby Thatcher posted:

:drat:

Not worried, we'll turn in round in the second leg :smithicide:

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
Kenny Miller has retired from international football. Funny, I thought he'd retired about four years ago and we'd just been playing with ten men every game.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Scored in our last game bro.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

SuperHunBastard1690 posted:

Five of the 12 teams in the Scottish top flight took part in the survey.

And only three of them say they'd still be profitable :lol:

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

ICHIBAHN posted:

Scored in our last game bro.

Gary Cahill is still looking for him!

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

jre posted:

:drat:

Not worried, we'll turn in round in the second leg :smithicide:

:allears:

Last night was fun.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The BBC have written about five comment-enabled articles on the second leg alone. Whether they're pushing to shed the anti-Scot tag they've acquired, or they just like to incite a bunch of bitter nerds (I know where my money is), either way it's all a bit much. I think one of them stated the match was Celtic's 'Everest', as if Barcelona was Ben Nevis or something.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

HJB posted:

The BBC have written about five comment-enabled articles on the second leg alone. Whether they're pushing to shed the anti-Scot tag they've acquired, or they just like to incite a bunch of bitter nerds (I know where my money is), either way it's all a bit much. I think one of them stated the match was Celtic's 'Everest', as if Barcelona was Ben Nevis or something.

I read the 'Everest' one today, it was a bunch of overblow wank. If we hadn't had a nightmare in the first leg it would have been a routine tie. Not getting hosed 5-0 every game in this group is going to be Everest.

On the other hand the one on why the seeding system in rigged is quite good apart from them wrongly stating rangers dieing has tanked the country ranking, some anorak did the sums and it actually makes gently caress all difference. We'd need St Johnstone and Motherwell to regularly get in to the Europe league group stage to have any impact at all.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...

jre posted:

We'd need St Johnstone and Motherwell to regularly get in to the Europe league group stage to have any impact at all.

Motherwell regularly get two games in Europe a year don't you know!

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

ally_1986 posted:

Motherwell regularly get two games in Europe a year don't you know!

Be nice if you won one of them :iamafag:

Seriously though , we need to move the season start to give the teams in the Europa a vague chance of getting through. I think that the Italian league were offering financial incentives to clubs to get them to take the Europa seriously so they can get the ranking back up.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Well apparently St Johnstone have made a loss of around £190,000 in the year leading up to May 2013. Pretty bad really but hopefully our wee run in Europe plus our high league finish last season kicks us into gear as far as making money goes.

That and if Rangers come in with a multi-million pound deal for Stevie May. We can but dream.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Apparently Saints actually made a loss on the Europa League. The money we got didn't even cover travel costs. That's what I read in the PA a couple months back, at least.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

For Celtic fans, your national coach Trapattoni has just quit.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Ramagamma posted:

Well apparently St Johnstone have made a loss of around £190,000 in the year leading up to May 2013. Pretty bad really but hopefully our wee run in Europe plus our high league finish last season kicks us into gear as far as making money goes.

That and if Rangers come in with a multi-million pound deal for Stevie May. We can but dream.

Hibs (are shite) actually made a profit despite being terrible and buying lots of players. How the hell did they do that ?

quote:

Hibernian say they have returned to profit after two years of losses.
The club announced a £100,000 pre-tax profit for the year ending 31 July 2013, compared to a £1m loss the previous year.
Finishing seventh last season compared to 11th in the previous campaign has been identified as the biggest factor in the change.
Net debt fell from £6.4m to £5.5m, while the club's wages to turnover ratio is 49%.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

£100,000 profits but? There's small businesses that make more.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

The Natural posted:

£100,000 profits but? There's small businesses that make more.

Well yeah, but most football clubs are a yawning money pit , so its weird to see any of them break even particularly hibs.

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like
:love:moray cup:love:
:love:sheep:love:

:love:haim:love:

jre posted:

Well yeah, but most football clubs are a yawning money pit , so its weird to see any of them break even particularly hibs.

It's because they sold all of their players and bought no new ones. They're in a right mess now

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lets be realistic here.

northward posted:

It's because they sold all of their players and bought all St Johnstones best ones. They're in a right mess now

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Ian Black gets a 10 game ban, with 7 suspended and a £7500 fine for his betting exploits.

Effectively a 3 game ban then.

Borogrove
Apr 12, 2008

They felt that playing for Sevco was punishment enough.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

quote:

Hearts: MacDonald, McGowan, McKay, Wilson, McHattie, Holt, Robinson, Hamill, Walker, Billy King, Paterson. Subs: Ridgers, Smith, Carrick, Tapping, Nicholson, Oliver, McGhee.

Celtic: Forster, Lustig, Ambrose, van Dijk, Izaguirre, Matthews, Brown, Ledley, Boerrigter, Commons, Stokes. Subs: Pukki, Samaras, Balde, Rogic, Mulgrew, Zaluska, Atajic.

Referee: William Collum

Strong team for today.

DJ Ramshackle
Nov 26, 2009

Not really a DJ

not quite a ramshackle

jre posted:

Strong team for today.

Collum on form with his assist for the first goal.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
Top 5 are gonna make it an interesting league this year. Butcher needs to be given some respect, I'm almost surprised that I'm surprised how well ICT are doing. 2nd place will be good this year and Hearts look good enough to stay up!

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

ally_1986 posted:

Top 5 are gonna make it an interesting league this year. Butcher needs to be given some respect, I'm almost surprised that I'm surprised how well ICT are doing.

He's been annoyingly constantly good. I wonder how long they can hold on to him before he's offered a decent Championship club.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I've never wanted to win the Ramsdens Cup more than today

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Looking forward to destroying plucky young world war winners hertz in their last ever attempt at winning a trophy.

Strange we are making a profit of £100k while shaving a million of our debt. I've been reliably informed by the poppy stealers we were losing £1m a year.

Also, our new signings are bearing fruit with a run of 6 games unbeaten.

It's good to support such a well run club.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

radge posted:

I love being a Hibs fan.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

radge posted:

Looking forward to destroying plucky young world war winners hertz in their last ever attempt at winning a trophy.

Strange we are making a profit of £100k while shaving a million of our debt. I've been reliably informed by the poppy stealers we were losing £1m a year.

Also, our new signings are bearing fruit with a run of 6 games unbeaten.

Some tasty matches in that draw. You think you'll actually be able to beat hearts this time?

Inverness v Dundee Utd
Morton v St Johnstone
Hibernian v Hearts
Motherwell v Aberdeen

Dougie Imrie is a prick

radge
Jan 21, 2005

jre posted:

Some tasty matches in that draw. You think you'll actually be able to beat hearts this time?

Inverness v Dundee Utd
Morton v St Johnstone
Hibernian v Hearts
Motherwell v Aberdeen

Dougie Imrie is a prick

Think it will be a destruction on par with the 81-19 derby. Aberdeen seem to be touted as the favourites but after horsing them out of the last two Scottish Cups, I can't say they're a massive concern.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Hibs are poo poo for sure.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

radge posted:

Think it will be a destruction on par with the 81-19 derby. Aberdeen seem to be touted as the favourites but after horsing them out of the last two Scottish Cups, I can't say they're a massive concern.

Did you watch us thrash Falkirk? Aberdeen look better than we have in nearly two decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Motherwell will beat Aberdeen. I'm almost certain of that.

• Locked thread