Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ActionZero posted:

They play the successful capture theme when Chihiro kisses Keima (why am I spoiler marking this?)

That is the biggest dick move ever and I both hate and love them for it.

That's actually pretty brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

ActionZero posted:

They play the successful capture theme when Chihiro kisses Keima (why am I spoiler marking this?)

That is the biggest dick move ever and I both hate and love them for it.

Agreed. That was messed up because it briefly made me think that Chihiro caught him, then I quickly remembered what was coming up.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chapter 242

Still wondering if this is how things are "supposed to be" or whether we could be seeing some BttF-style repercussions in the future because the timeline is getting messed with. E: Though they could always wipe Tenri's memories afterwards I guess.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 7, 2013

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
No you all don't understand. Tenri's love for Keima spans time and eternity itself. :swoon:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

:3:

And it seems that we're approaching the end of this arc.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I thought that WAS the last chance. Oh well. So Keima is going to get Tenri to play the long con? She knew all along what was going on in the present?

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
makes scene to me. shes the one who told Diana the next step that got her outta her personal funk of having a thing for Keima.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Nate RFB posted:

I thought that WAS the last chance. Oh well. So Keima is going to get Tenri to play the long con? She knew all along what was going on in the present?

The orb started with 4 shapes (lines), first seen in Chapter 197, goes to 3 in Chapter 198, to 2 in Chapter 199, gets upgraded to triangles in the arc, and Chapter 215 is when it got reduced to one shape, eventually upgrading to square. I don't think there's been a restart since.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Hey all. I don't see a thread for the anime so I'll try to ask here and avoid spoilers...

The goddesses anime is almost over and it's pretty great. About how far past that is the manga? And are the parts they skipped worth reading? Thanks!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Skychrono posted:

And are the parts they skipped worth reading? Thanks!

I think so.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Skychrono posted:

Hey all. I don't see a thread for the anime so I'll try to ask here and avoid spoilers...

The goddesses anime is almost over and it's pretty great. About how far past that is the manga? And are the parts they skipped worth reading? Thanks!

The manga looks to be somewhere between three fourths and almost a full arc ahead of the anime. The bits they skipped over are definitely worth reading, it includes arguably one of the best captures in the entire series.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Skychrono posted:

About how far past that is the manga? And are the parts they skipped worth reading? Thanks!

The following was skipped and pretty much all of it is worth reading:

jonjonaug posted:

Everything from the Tsukiyo arc (chapter 43) through the Akari arc (chapter 113).

So about 70 chapters. There are a few bits that were done in OVAs, so its a little less than that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Skychrono posted:

Considering it Skipped the best arc in the Series. Yes.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dexo posted:

Considering it Skipped the best arc in the Series. Yes.

It skipped the best girl (Keima) in the series.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Asking the manga thread whether or not the manga is worth reading seems to elicit a certain specific response. :downs:

But yes, read the manga. The skipped parts are really like the first two seasons of the anime, practically perfected in my opinion.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Asking the manga thread whether or not the manga is worth reading seems to elicit a certain specific response. :downs:

But yes, read the manga. The skipped parts are really like the first two seasons of the anime, practically perfected in my opinion.

Haha, that's a good point, but there's definitely manga out there with boring parts... and maybe the anime keyed on that. But I guess not.

Thanks for the suggestions all.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Skychrono posted:

Haha, that's a good point, but there's definitely manga out there with boring parts... and maybe the anime keyed on that. But I guess not.

Thanks for the suggestions all.

Also make sure not to skip the Goddess arc when you get to it in the manga. The anime has cut significant portions from it (never forgiving them for completely removing Fiore).

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

ActionZero posted:

(never forgiving them for completely removing Fiore).

I couldn't get more than one episode in because of crap like that. Shows can make me frustrated (GAME OF THRONES) but just THINKING about watching another episode of "Season 3" actually makes me angry, so I don't bother. I don't watch anime, or any entertainment really, to make myself angry of all things. Especially as that's certainly not the tone this series is aiming for.

I honestly preferred it more when I was just disappointed that there was no Season 3. At least then I could imagine that maybe, somewhere down the line, it just might get another season somehow! :gbsmith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ActionZero posted:

Also make sure not to skip the Goddess arc when you get to it in the manga. The anime has cut significant portions from it (never forgiving them for completely removing Fiore).

Woah, they removed Fiore? Awesome, I hated her on the manga since she was just another big bad wannabe and an awful character. That being said, the another Vintage gal isn't better but at least she has more personality.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Woah, they removed Fiore? Awesome, I hated her on the manga since she was just another big bad wannabe and an awful character. That being said, the another Vintage gal isn't better but at least she has more personality.

Fiore is kind of pointless on her own, but without her to react to both Haqua and Nora are less interesting.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I wonder if Fiore was removed in part because of the naked-in-a-jar thing. Probably not. Really good point made about needing her to observe Nora being :smug: and Haqua being :shepface: though.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I don't even remember who Fiore is but I'm sad that they cut out a season's worth of conquests.
Honestly I liked the formula, the anime was really good. Oh well.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

The_Frag_Man posted:

I don't even remember who Fiore is but I'm sad that they cut out a season's worth of conquests.
Honestly I liked the formula, the anime was really good. Oh well.
The first two seasons (24 episodes) covered less material than just the chapters they skipped over. Those alone were probably worth another 3-4 seasons of that formula (That's including a non-rush job of the Tenri arc.) And the Goddess arc was longer than all of the skipped material, so that's another 3-4 seasons we could have had.

Does anyone know anything about DVD Brand Loyalty in Japan? A friend told me the reason this poo poo happened is because the Japanese largely said "Eww, Manglobe? I'm not buying ANYTHING from THEM, I'm a Nintendo Sega Kyoani* supporter!" (*For example.) Although after this stunt I can sort of understand at least the first part of that sentiment.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Keima's back! :dance:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Website under excessive load!

Alt:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/195859/the-world-god-only-knows_ch244_by_red-hawk-scans

edit: I was wondering how they'd one-up that "white knight on white horse out of rear end-nowhere" thing and welp

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 20, 2013

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Oh boy, it's the Hamlet gambit!

Disguising the truth as fiction, very clever. I predict that not one word he's about to say will be a lie. I wonder if he'll also use it to strike at Kaori somehow.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I once again have no idea what Keima is planning and boy howdy do I love it.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

No doubt he's back, and in such an amazing manner... :allears:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Thank god he's got his groove back. Mopey Keima was awful. :smith:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Keima what are you doing just :psyduck: :psyduck:

Looks like he's back in prime form again.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Every time Wakaki reaches for the science fiction, you know poo poo's about to go down. :unsmigghh:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I marathoned through the third season this weekend and gotta say that's pretty great. Is still a drat shame that we skipped the summer arcs but the recap at the first episode does a good work of bringing everyone to speed.

Outside of minor details like Flonne and streaming certain plot points, is a fantastic adaptation of the Goddness arc, the music is wonderful (specially the full opening, twelve minutes of awesomeness) but goddamn if isn't a loving punch to the gut at the end, Chihiro :qq:

Hopefully we'll see anything more animated on the future. Now I'm off to watch the Magi-Kanon OVA :v:

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

ActionZero posted:

The worst part is that if this anime does well then they'll probably be like "Knew it was a good decision to skip to here!" and if it does badly then it'll be "I guess TWGOK doesn't sell any more!" and I'll lose either way. I can see the ending and it is a BAD END.

Looks like the latter so far.

It may be premature to say so since it's not released until the end of the month, but if the site linked in the Watamote thread is any indication, there will be no further encores. Blu-ray could be worse, but DVD sales are rock bottom (Compared to other anime at least.)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Never change Keima :allears:

And I guess we know now what Tenri told Diana during the Goddess' arc.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

New Chapter

Never change Keima :allears:

And I guess we know now what Tenri told Diana during the Goddess' arc.

BGM for this chapter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcNXq5DUZnk

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This is the greatest chapter :allears:

Holy crap Kaori's face on page 17 :stare:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh hey, a new chapter already: 246

I definitely feel like this arc has picked up a lot of steam.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Oh hey, a new chapter already: 246

I definitely feel like this arc has picked up a lot of steam.

The pacing has been really inconsistent.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

pinegala posted:

The pacing has been really inconsistent.

I feel like we'd have a better frame of reference for it if we knew how long this arc was going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Oh Kaori, you magnificent bastard.

• Locked thread