Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aladar
Aug 13, 2007

And my eyes bulging means that I'm going to be chattering for a while!

Boten Anna posted:

It's the little things, like that you can't pay in advance to get the veteran rewards that inspire continued confidence :v:

What do you mean by this? I got my 90 day sub yesterday and got all three veteran reward packages in the mail today. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Red87 posted:

There's a ton of payment issues. If you're in America some cards just won't take. You can however purchase Crysta from the SE website using UltimatePay, which will let you bill through PayPal skipping your card. It's pretty hosed, but it works. There are also other situations like if you have a non-standard address tied to your cards (Such as an APO) it is literally impossible to pay because their billing system doesn't support those. You can, however get one of the Ultimate Game Cards from a gamestop or though a legit authorized online dealer of the cards, and then use them to buy Crysta. Or, if you're in Europe, just go to your local electronics store and pick up a FFXIV ARR 60 day card.

I'm gonna try the UltimatePay thing, if I got a time card I'd be paying 10% tax on it here.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'm honestly sort of shocked they didn't revamp their account system totally. MogStation looks to be an attempt to do just that, but their backend must be a nightmarish byzantine hellhole, because it still links right back to the old poo poo SE account page for some things.

I'll never understand how they maintain subs with such a horrible loving account site.

And it's better than it used to be for FFXI once upon a time :psyduck:

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

victrix posted:

I've seen precisely one report of a DF kill on HM Titan.

I have lots of practice on the fight up to p5 at least :shepface:

The really really stupid thing is that many of the groups I've been in have had what it takes. PLD mt, War dpsing, all dps and healers dodging everything correctly, heart dying fast even without charging a lb. But then one wipe to mountain breaker or the final triple row of bomb patterns with landslide that people aren't familiar with and welp, wrap it up kids, time to requeue.

Totally baffling.

I mean there are plenty of groups I've been in that have dps or healers with like 2.8k health and no prayer of getting through p5, but I'll chalk that up to 'hey, it's the next mission, I did Garuda, let's do it!', and that's by no means the majority from what I've seen.

It'll probably be clearable in a few weeks time in DF, partly because by that point everyone queuing will be able to do p1-p4 in their loving sleep, and partly because people will have naturally geared up a bit more over time.

Otherwise, save yourself the trouble and do it with friends, your FC, your linkshells, or a pub group from your server in that order. And don't roll a Warrior :haw:

I had a similarly bizarre experience with a HM Garuda group.

It was 100% DF, and no one said anything, just charged on in. Everything went PERFECT. Like, tank dodging slipstreams, everyone moving to the rock for teleports, adds getting picked up.

Our scholar DC'd with like 15'ish % left, and I couldn't quite keep up on healing the whole group, so we wiped. poo poo, that's an incredible try. Obviously we're going to win next time. By the time the scholar reconnected, like 15 seconds later, half the group was gone. Again, with no one saying a word.

Platypus Farm fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 17, 2013

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

victrix posted:

I'm honestly sort of shocked they didn't revamp their account system totally. MogStation looks to be an attempt to do just that, but their backend must be a nightmarish byzantine hellhole, because it still links right back to the old poo poo SE account page for some things.

I'll never understand how they maintain subs with such a horrible loving account site.

And it's better than it used to be for FFXI once upon a time :psyduck:

Yeah everything involved in playonline was the worst ever. :suicide:

Its a testament to how good this game is that so many people put up with the crap. SE really needs to get their asses in gear.

When does Mog Station Reborn launch? :haw:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Ok UltimatePay worked, sub is going.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Confirming wind up cursor pet best pet, confirming ffxiv best mmo:

Agraya
Dec 15, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Er... internet says you can't cross-class sleep? I didn't think so.

... So what the heck was going on?! :confused:

http://xivdb.com/?skill/128/Repose

Conjurers can do it too.

e: Oh I got beaten by a mile. Forgot to refresh! My apologies. Show how much time flies when you're procrastinating.

Agraya fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 17, 2013

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Yes thankyou, you're only the 10th person to say so. I've even responded to people saying so already on previous pages. Jeeze.

I guess they don't get it till 26 which explains why nobody's used it until now. I'm gonna have to ask CNJ to use it from now on. You can't cross class Sleep or Repose unfortunately, but that makes sense.

Now scholar healers are gonna pop up. Do they get any CC? Guess not. Hm.

Seems kinda unbalanced if only BLM/WHM get real CC. That's a huge advantage to having one/both in your party over other healers or damage. Especially since WHM is great at healing, BLM is just fine for damage, right? Is it slightly slower on damage versus archer or dragoon or monk? I could see a tradeoff of less damage but more utility and aoe, but if its equal damage that's just unfair :cheeky: What advantage does a scholar have over a whitemage?

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 17, 2013

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Can we have another round of UI posting so I can steal them?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Ok, I am that idiot apparently, thanks for telling me. I take solace in the fact that the designers of the fight or the duty finder are even bigger idiots than me and clearly incompetent at their jobs.

Did you not notice that without a full premade party every 8-cat duty is two tanks, two healers, and 4 dps? I don't understand what you hope to accomplish by yelling at the second tank that got placed there.

But yes, DF works poorly for Titan (hard) at the moment, it requires coordination and in the last phase, having someone on voice chat calling out attacks helps a lot, as well as having a group that knows each other and knows it might take a couple hours' worth of wipes to get used to the final phase. I made a thing on ffgoons intended as a guide for someone to telegraph the attacks by saying them on mumble, as it seems to help quite a bit.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Aladar posted:

What do you mean by this? I got my 90 day sub yesterday and got all three veteran reward packages in the mail today. :confused:

I bought the ps3 version so I'm still on free time. I can't get the rewards because despite having the crysta on my account for 180 days, I can't actually spend them.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Mr. Neutron posted:

Why does the duty finder assign 2 tanks to that fight?

(purely academical question since it is not likely you will kill it with a random group but still)

Because a full party is just two light parties. It's one of those "this fight isn't the most efficient party make up, but it'll work" type of things. It's just how they balance it, even though a lot of the early 8-mans are all 1-tankable.

Pews posted:

Have my WHM at 50 but thinking about leveling another class this weekend for support abilities. Should I go THM or ACN first? I've heard THM is good for the swiftcast but that's all I've heard about either of the classes abilities. Which would be more useful initially for WHM? I'm guessing ACN but I got mine to 15 and it was terrible to play, much rather do THM if I can justify it.

I've only ever really heard that WHM should get Swiftcast. I have Virus from ARN just for the hell of it, but that's it. I think Swiftcast is the only "big" thing to get.

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm gonna have to ask CNJ to use it from now on.

Why? It's usually inefficient from a kill-speed point of view. Sleep is something you break out when the trash is a problem, not just for your normal runs. Usually on our Midgard groups, there's never any need for it, and if there is, our wonderful BLM does it so I can focus on healing.

Zaphod42 posted:

What advantage does a scholar have over a whitemage?

Doing HM Ifrit at least, I love it when the other healer is a scholar. The two compliment each other really well. Where as white mage and warrior are more straight forward - white mage does big heals, warrior does big hp pools with self healing, paladin and scholar are more prevention based - paladin does a lot of mitigation, scholar does a lot of damage reduction (and the fairy thing).

It's not so much that either is better (despite what people yell about), just they're different playstyles.

Aladar
Aug 13, 2007

And my eyes bulging means that I'm going to be chattering for a while!

Boten Anna posted:

I bought the ps3 version so I'm still on free time. I can't get the rewards because despite having the crysta on my account for 180 days, I can't actually spend them.

That's an incredibly confusing way to do things :raise: I had no issues getting the sub when I was still on free time, but apparently with Crysta you can't?

S-E's account system seems kinda hosed when you're not under ideal circumstances (and still a bit even then).

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

30% skill/spell haste buffs with 50% uptime each (you chain them), tons of damage reduction, an instacast 20% max hp heal. Repose is only single target, it's not THAT big of an advantage. Most of the time the tank can just handle everything anyway.

Also seconding what was said above that in an 8man raid, SCH and WHM complement each other VERY well.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Zaphod42 posted:

Seems kinda unbalanced if only BLM/WHM get real CC. That's a huge advantage to having one/both in your party over other healers or damage. Especially since WHM is great at healing, BLM is just fine for damage, right? Is it slightly slower on damage versus archer or dragoon or monk? I could see a tradeoff of less damage but more utility and aoe, but if its equal damage that's just unfair :cheeky:

From my experience, no one seems to care about Sleepga/Repose once you hit close to end-game, since trash fights become a flurry of AoE abilities on everything from everyone.

Zaphod42 posted:

Scholar and White Mage compliment each other very well. What one healer lacks, the other makes up for. Ideally having one of each healer is the best for an 8-man group. Having an overlap of two of the same healer job, causes them to occasionally step on the others toes (For example: Double Succor where the shields do not stack, Double Medica when only one was needed).

When it comes to a light party where there is only one healer, both jobs can perform their role equally. WHM and SCH can both dish out damage (both with Cleric Stance), and can keep their party alive, they just have different ways to go about it.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Freakazoid_ posted:

Speaking of MNK/PGL skills, we seem to have gotten the short end of the stick with utility. I find myself never using some of them, or using them in rare and mostly unimportant circumstances.

Arm of the Destroyer, Howling Fist, Perfect Balance, and One Ilm Punch are either not timely to use, don't see much use due to a lack of content built for it, or are generally underwhelming for a skill. I almost want to put Shoulder Tackle here too, but I have found some convenience with it in AK and for muscling out/muscling in on farmers.

One Ilm Punch really doesn't get any opportunities to shine, mostly because enemies either don't buff themselves in the first place, or their buffs are undispellable. (For example, if you could use it on the bravery buff for hydra, maybe that fight wouldn't be such a clusterfuck if the deeps can't handle wyverns properly.)

Howling Fist is off the GCD. Definitely pop it when AoEing (just line yourself up first), and it's got a low enough cooldown that you can just throw it in for free damage even if you don't need to benefit from its multi-target nature.

Arm of the Destroyer is good for claiming and FATEspam, but is woefully ineffective as a silence in the "I really want to silence this one particular ability on demand" regard, due to the stance requirement. It can be handy to throw in rotationally on caster adds/trash though, just for the "welp, I accidentally interrupted that" benefit for your healers.

Perfect Balance is good for starting bosses (NB: do not use in conjunction with undergeared tanks - giving them a chance to get and keep aggro is more important than tooting your own horn with maximizing DPS), but its long cooldown makes it impractical for a "get back up to speed after mechanics make your GL stacks fall off". It would be much more useful with a 1-2 minute cooldown.

On the subject of sleeps - around the time WHM/CNJ can sleep things at all, BLM/THM can AoE sleep things. Also, between WAR/MRD using Overpower, not to mention any more generic notion of people AoEing or attacking the wrong targets, actually getting mileage out of any sleep requires a certain amount of party coordination. Often if a healer does it, it's just a wasted cooldown on something that's immediately woken up again, and the time would've better been spent healing. (This need not apply in a group that can communicate, but for a pug, just assume the worst.)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Also as far as sleep goes, if you can keep the tank standing, it's not needed, and it won't speed anything up - it can even get you chewed on a bit if you sleep and the tank doesn't have Flash. Warrior's can't use Overpower with slept mobs around, and not all of them have/use Flash. That means a slept mob is sitting there building hate while the tank is whacking on the primary target.

I think the first time sleep is important is Stone Vigil, and that dungeon is also one of the first places with nasty sleep immune mobs, go figure. Still a good place to start practicing.

Sleep is dead easy to use if the tank is willing to mark two targets.

It's worth asking if you're going to aoe or sleep stuff, and it doesn't hurt anything at all to sleep a mob that gets loose - I appreciate it when casters do this if something breaks free because it freezes the mob in place, instead of having to play the keystone kops routine chasing them round in circles.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
What kind of gear is required for Hardmode Garuda? 50 GC / Ifrit weapon, a few pieces of darklight?

I'm a healer, but just wondering in general what's expected to make the fight mostly-puggable. Also, any quick guides about the fight would be nice. I think us Midgard guys are getting close to it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I want to buy a copy of the PS3 version for a family member who lives in the US (I live in Canada). I heard that PSN doesn't accept CC from countries that don't match the account address, so using my Canadian card for their American account probably won't work. Is it as simple as me making a new PSN account with my card attached, then buying the game and giving them the login info? Will they be able to use the account even if it was made in Canada?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

xZAOx posted:

What kind of gear is required for Hardmode Garuda? 50 GC / Ifrit weapon, a few pieces of darklight?

I'm a healer, but just wondering in general what's expected to make the fight mostly-puggable. Also, any quick guides about the fight would be nice. I think us Midgard guys are getting close to it.

I'm actually not sure - I did it with a group that had three tanks in it, so it's not exactly a huge dps check. As long as you have enough healing to keep everyone standing through the add phases, you're pretty much good to go. Everything other than that is execution.

I'd say dive into DF just to see how you feel, if you're really straining, either your healing might be a little low, or the tank/ot are positioning the mobs badly and you're eating overlapped 360 aoe.

Watch a video on the fight, but I'll say you can make things a lot easier during the add phase if all the ranged/healers stand in a tiny pile as far from the mt and ot as they can - avoiding all the 360s helps.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
SCH is cool because, on most trash pulls, you can let the fairies heal the tank while you go full dps. Only switch out of cleric stance and heal once the tank goes below 50%. Make sure it is the yellow faerie out and trash dies pretty quick (yay offensive buffs).

The yellow faerie also has a silence while the green one has an aoe heal and magic resist buff. It feels like the job skills mix with the faeries to allow the SCH to DPS more often than a WHM. Caveat: I have not played WHM.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

xZAOx posted:

I'm a WHM with gc weapon, two lingering piece of AF and the rest of my gear darklight or AK, and healing garuda wasn't hard or a strain on my mana. It is a little harder with a warrior MT, especially during add phases, but still not too bad.

edit: WHM dpsing is totally dependent on the tank. If the tank is dodging aoes and is decently geared, I can spend a good amount of time in cleric stance throwing rocks. Only problem is that in AK and beyond, it's easy to fall behind and due to the GCD, not be able to really catch up without blowing cooldowns or cutting it real close.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
I was curious about that, after playing SCH in a low-level dungeon and finding the fairy did most of the tank maintenance. In general, can you just park the fairy next to the tank and have it do the majority of the tank cures while you DD or patch other people up, or does that fall off in later levels?

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

The Chairman posted:

I was curious about that, after playing SCH in a low-level dungeon and finding the fairy did most of the tank maintenance. In general, can you just park the fairy next to the tank and have it do the majority of the tank cures while you DD or patch other people up, or does that fall off in later levels?

I'd say as a scholar it's similar to Platypus Farm's experience as a WHM, with a reasonably (over)-geared tank who dodges AoEs and a group that stuns/silences appropriately, you can get a lot of DPS in with a fairy healing through basically all normal hits. Undergeared tanks and less capable groups, however, will require more attention, particularly on larger pulls like the ones near the end of Stone Vigil and certain AK pulls.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The Chairman posted:

I have done AK once and WP twice. When there are only two mobs, the faerie alone is good enough to keep the tank above 50%. When there are three mobs, I typically have to throw down some shields and other mitigation buffs before I start DD. In those fights, I typically DD for half of the first mob's lifespan while occasionally healing the tank to the point where he won't die if left unattended for five seconds.

This is probably gear-dependent on the tank and heals and I am not sure if it would hold up in Binding Coil.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

The Chairman posted:

This starts to fall off at later levels, in my experience. At endgame you're going to be having to make use of adlo/physick alongside the faerie heals to keep the tank up. I prefer to manually trigger her heal most of the time so I know she's casting on who I want to and when her heal will be landing.

As other people have said though, if your group is geared well enough you can certainly get away with her auto-healing while you do DPS, at least for 4-man dungeons.

cathead fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 17, 2013

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

cathead posted:

30% skill/spell haste buffs with 50% uptime each (you chain them), tons of damage reduction, an instacast 20% max hp heal. Repose is only single target, it's not THAT big of an advantage. Most of the time the tank can just handle everything anyway.

Also seconding what was said above that in an 8man raid, SCH and WHM complement each other VERY well.

Okay, that sounds balanced. :) Just wanted to make sure scholar had some kinda bonus damage or something to mitigate the lost CC utility.

victrix posted:

Also as far as sleep goes, if you can keep the tank standing, it's not needed, and it won't speed anything up - it can even get you chewed on a bit if you sleep and the tank doesn't have Flash. Warrior's can't use Overpower with slept mobs around, and not all of them have/use Flash. That means a slept mob is sitting there building hate while the tank is whacking on the primary target.

Oh I know, exactly. I'm a WAR and at first I was like "hey you jerks, stop sleeping! I gotta use overpower or this is going to be a nightmare"

But... they did a REALLY good job of sleeping. As soon as I gave up fighting them, they managed to keep everything permalocked except 1 target, so I didn't even need overpower. :v:

Definitely its not hard for me to stay alive with all targets on me, and at higher levels with more AOE I could see sleep being less useful. Still, I think its being woefully underutilized in the mid levels, that poo poo is pretty effective if you can communicate. And as a tank I always mark targets.

victrix posted:

I think the first time sleep is important is Stone Vigil, and that dungeon is also one of the first places with nasty sleep immune mobs, go figure. Still a good place to start practicing.

Sleep is dead easy to use if the tank is willing to mark two targets.

It's worth asking if you're going to aoe or sleep stuff, and it doesn't hurt anything at all to sleep a mob that gets loose - I appreciate it when casters do this if something breaks free because it freezes the mob in place, instead of having to play the keystone kops routine chasing them round in circles.
Hah, go figure. Yeah, as long as you're marking targets it works surprisingly well. And there's no reason not to mark targets, that's how poo poo gets hosed up. It makes damage's job easier.

Yes, I also love as a WAR when somebody sleeps a mob that breaks agro, makes it that much easier to pull it back, gives me a second if I'm currently waiting on GCD so the mob can't even get a single hit on the healer. :)

I usually hate it when they use the knockback bind though, because it has a tendency to push the mob way far away from me and make it that much harder to grab some more aggro. That said, I was partied with a white mage the other day who managed to always line it up and knock the mob back into me, which was just perfect. You just gotta be really careful with that one. Sleep is better than knockback for groups. Knockback is more for solo.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 17, 2013

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

xZAOx posted:

I'd say HM Garuda is at least 50% on the tanks, though your DPS wants to be up to snuff to kill plumes and adds fast enough. It's not a particularly difficult fight for healers so long as people execute mechanics correctly. (HM Titan is much more of a healer check, while the tank can kinda snooze through the whole thing.)

I'd spam Ifrit with your group until you've all got your weapons, if you can. You shouldn't really be tackling Garuda until you can safely go "psh, Ifrit's easy". I'd say a mix of WP/AK/Darklight gear would be fine for Garuda, though the more the better.

General guide:

1. First half, LoS her with pillars when she disappears (you'll learn her location pattern quickly enough), kill plumes when they spawn. Basically same as normal mode.

2. After big attack (she'll say something about reckoning), tank moves her to the northwest, and everyone else should follow. You should all be in this whirlwind-free section if you do it right, spread out by role (= healers/ranged stand back) as usual but stay in that section.

3. Shortly after that, she'll spawn two adds (these will politely come to you, no need to run into whirlwinds to grab them). Kill the green-line one first (which heals Garuda), then the red-line one. Which add name goes with which color line will vary. Main tank or a melee DPS can tank the green-line add (away from healers/ranged). Off tank grabs the red-line add and parks (and aims - these have Slipstream too) it somewhere that's both away from healers/ranged and away from main tank and melee DPS (who are killing green-line add), because the red-line add is super spammy with painful AoE.

4. After the adds, there'll be another plume phase, and the whirlwinds will start rotating clockwise around the arena. Move the group gradually clockwise with them, around to the south, and kill the Satin Plume. Ignore the other plumes and focus DPS on Garuda. (e: If the Satin Plume is not killed fast enough, it'll put everyone to sleep for a really long time, in a movement-centric fight.)

5. When Garuda blows up the other plumes, the group moves to the center for the eye of the storm. Staying on the outside will quickly get someone killed. Another set of adds will spawn - handle them in the same way (split them up, only off-tank near red-line add until green-line add is dead). Then another set of plumes (again, just kill Satin), and eye of the storm will end.

She does not do her directional charging attack in the eye of the storm that she does in normal.

6. Move Garuda back to northwest again and repeat the process from step 2, for as many cycles as it takes to kill her (in my experience, she usually dies shortly after the third set of adds). NW -> adds -> rotate clockwise to S while killing Satin Plume -> other plumes dying is cue to move to middle soon -> adds -> kill Satin Plume -> other plumes dying is cue to move to NW soon.

As far as limit goes, either healer limit for emergencies (though if you have to rely on that regularly, you're probably hosed anyway) or in a more experienced group, caster limit to drop a meteor on the third set of adds. If there's no caster, a melee limit on the green-line add is also acceptable.

Vil fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 17, 2013

Visteri
Apr 2, 2011
If anyone's considering buying Ultimate Game Cards, I'd recommend against it.

I had two of them, and when I scratched them I found out that the numbers were exactly the same apart from the last digit. So unless that was an incredibly unlucky fluke, it looks like they just increase the numbers rather than using random ones.

Which would explain how someone was able to steal both of them.

And I couldn't get it looked into either, because I didn't have the receipt, because they were gifts. :smith:

Maybe other people have had different experiences, but there's mine.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Visteri posted:

If anyone's considering buying Ultimate Game Cards, I'd recommend against it.

I had two of them, and when I scratched them I found out that the numbers were exactly the same apart from the last digit. So unless that was an incredibly unlucky fluke, it looks like they just increase the numbers rather than using random ones.

Which would explain how someone was able to steal both of them.

And I couldn't get it looked into either, because I didn't have the receipt, because they were gifts. :smith:

Maybe other people have had different experiences, but there's mine.

Uh oh. :stare: that's.... bad.

Maybe they were counterfeit? :ohdear:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

victrix posted:

Otherwise, save yourself the trouble and do it with friends, your FC, your linkshells, or a pub group from your server in that order. And don't roll a Warrior :haw:

I've already had a couple WP df groups whine at me for being a Warrior :smith:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Manslaughter posted:

People whining in dungeons can suck a fat cock and gently caress right off

People not inviting you period on your server are sadly not far off the mark, for various reasons

Thankfully only for the last few top end fights in the game

Unfortunately only for the last few top end fights in the game :eng99:

We're apparently pretty crap in Coil. Part of that is probably that everyone is, essentially, doing Coil in a tier of gear too early due to the lack of Crystal Tower, but even accounting for that, I've read some fairly grim reports from Warriors who are gearing up IN Coil and still having issues.

Anyway, barring my personal frustration with the situation (I want my Relic :qq:), I really love the Warrior playstyle, and I'm confident they'll tinker with any issues one way or another.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

victrix posted:

People whining in anything before Coil Turn 5 can suck a fat cock and gently caress right off

More like that.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Vil posted:

HM Garuda

Awesome, saving the post! Thanks man.

We're already at the "Pfft, HM Ifrit is easy" stage, but that's just because it's nothing but a dance test. That's what I've thought with just AF gear and nothing else, heh.

Manslaughter posted:

Being a healer, yes, paladin is usually easier / calmer to heal. Warriors have self-healing that balances out, but usually it's saved for an oh-poo poo button. Which is fine, even without them self-healing, it's fine to keep them up on typical content (just prass botan moarz). Toss in voice chat and it's really easy "Hey, gotta get the group up, you're on your own for a few". It's just a bit of a shock to see warrior health bouncing around so much.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I prefer healing Warriors because it just looks cooler from my point of view.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

victrix posted:

Anyway, barring my personal frustration with the situation (I want my Relic :qq:), I really love the Warrior playstyle, and I'm confident they'll tinker with any issues one way or another.

Maybe the fun of Warrior is the balancing point. Make us as good as Paladins and nobody will play them!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Or just make Gladiators more fun. Maybe improve Riot Blade to make it worth using; a small damage buff (or vulnerability debuff on the target), or something.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
So my subscription time from legacy is up and both of my debit cards through an error when I try to pay. Sent a message to SE support last night and just got an email back asking for information I included in the ticket, replied to email with the details they asked for but got nothing yet (I sent this email 9 hours ago) and European support is closed for the day now.

I cannot play. This loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ActionZero posted:

So my subscription time from legacy is up and both of my debit cards through an error when I try to pay. Sent a message to SE support last night and just got an email back asking for information I included in the ticket, replied to email with the details they asked for but got nothing yet (I sent this email 9 hours ago) and European support is closed for the day now.

I cannot play. This loving sucks.

Other people in the thread are having the exact same issue. It sucks but they're probably working on it. You can be patient or if you want to play now you can try using paypal as described earlier in the thread.

• Locked thread