Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

mynameisjohn posted:

e2: Constantin Dumitrascu is not a name i've heard before, but he represents so many good players.

Don't trust transfermarkt.de. Constantin Dumitrascu does not represent those players. Sometimes I suspect transfermarkt of being a sort of advertisement for shady companies looking for legitimacy. That Mondial thing is one big scam.

(Cavani's agent is Pierpaolo Triulzi, Varane's agent is Frank Hocquemiller, Ramires's is Giuliano Bertolucci to name a few)

vvv That and he uses his hotmail as a business email

Hegay fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hegav posted:

Don't trust transfermarkt.de. Constantin Dumitrascu does not represent those players. Sometimes I suspect transfermarkt of being a sort of advertisement for shady companies looking for legitimacy.
haha yeah i just did a google image search and he does not appear to be a football agent.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Hegav posted:

Don't trust transfermarkt.de. Constantin Dumitrascu does not represent those players. Sometimes I suspect transfermarkt of being a sort of advertisement for shady companies looking for legitimacy. That Mondial thing is one big scam.

(Cavani's agent is Pierpaolo Triulzi, Varane's agent is Frank Hocquemiller, Ramires's is Giuliano Bertolucci to name a few)

vvv That and he uses his hotmail as a business email

I'm inclined to agree. I got an email from an "agent," that wanted to send players from the US to an amateur club in Germany to help them train for German 4th League (and "up to 1") teams. He's still listed on transfermarkt's website with only 3 of his clients playing in Germany.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

pissy smelliott posted:

Why not just open a shop in Scotland :D

wow. this trolling is against the rules of this subforum. I've posted below a similar joke that is not against the rules of this subforum:

Why not just open a shop in The Republic of Ireland :D

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

pissy smelliott posted:

Why not just open a shop in Scotland :D

hahaha

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

I wonder which agent represents the most players, and also how many players in the top divisions who could afford agents opt to represent themselves

I think it'd be too much hassle to handle all the day-to-day stuff yourself, considering you'd be managing all the commercial stuff as well as contractual negotiation, but there are a fair few that have a family member or close friend to act on their behalf, including Messi.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
http://www.oezil-sportmanagement.com/ :jeb:

e: I think this will answer all further questions regarding player agency:

e2: even deeper http://www.ozilmarketing.com/

Bea Nanner fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 17, 2013

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I think it'd be too much hassle to handle all the day-to-day stuff yourself, considering you'd be managing all the commercial stuff as well as contractual negotiation, but there are a fair few that have a family member or close friend to act on their behalf, including Messi.

Considering that players not knowing how to pay their bills or how to get things fixed in their house is a disturbingly common occurence, I doubt they would want to be their own agent.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

MrBling posted:

Considering that players not knowing how to pay their bills or how to get things fixed in their house is a disturbingly common occurence, I doubt they would want to be their own agent.

Yeah, this is actually pretty common and a direct reason why John Arne Riise somehow ended up in big financial trouble a few years back. He had his "advisor" take care of everything from paying his phone bills to do his shopping because he had so much money that he didn't care up until someone told him he was broke.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I remember Obafemi Martins would pay his agent 15% of his weekly wage and he would call him for things like needing a fridge and to go food shopping.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Then he got taken to court for owing his agent £3m that he hadn't paid

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Doesn't one of the current prem managers take their youth team to tesco so they can learn how to shop and stock up a fridge and cupboard?

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

Total Meatlove posted:

Doesn't one of the current prem managers take their youth team to tesco so they can learn how to shop and stock up a fridge and cupboard?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Aye, Malky MacKay does it.

quote:

When he became manager of Watford in 2009, Mackay used to take young players shopping across the road at Sainsbury’s. At Cardiff, he has taken that philosophy further.
‘We have had youngsters move from other parts of the country and I am asking them to be the future of Cardiff,’ Mackay told Sportsmail. ‘You don’t just dump them and leave them. Can they look after themselves? Can they cook? Not really. So one day a week, in the afternoon, we take about nine of them into Gio’s and the chefs show them how to cook basic dishes. These things are important. These lads are my responsibility.
I left Celtic as a player a long time ago and they had just brought in Stiliyan Petrov. He was a 19-year-old Bulgaria captain. But in the first year he suffered depression. He would train and then at 2pm he would go back to his flat on his own. After six months he didn’t know how to pay a bill or use a bank. They were going to cut his water off, his gas off, his electricity. He wasn’t going out. It was only when the Celtic doorman asked him one day how he was that he broke down in tears. The doorman and his wife took him home and fixed up his house and got his bills sorted. That shows what can happen. In football we buy a product but it’s a human product. It needs looking after. He was 19.’

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I wish Malky would show me how to pay bills

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
MacKay should write a book on how to deal with life's everyday problems which gets given to every child after they finish their GCSE's.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
It's ridiculous how common that poo poo seems to be. Ibrahimovic said the same stuff in his book, that when he moved either to Juventus or Ajax I forget which he was underweight cuz he couldn't cook and had no idea what to do.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Zlatan stayed up all night playing video games because Ajax got him an apartment and he had no clue what to do. Until he had this big bonding experience with Maxwell who taught him different stuff around the house. Fascinating.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

euroboy posted:

Zlatan stayed up all night playing video games because Ajax got him an apartment and he had no clue what to do. Until he had this big bonding experience with Maxwell who taught him different stuff around the house. Fascinating.

Probably why he follows him to every club

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Petrov ended up learning English by working in a burger van in Glasgow. There weren't even provisions made for something like that. I don't know how anyone expected him to get his bills etc paid when he had no idea what on earth any letters and/or receipts said, and no idea of who to speak to about it.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Athletes have a tendency to be weird creatures when it comes to doing personal stuff. There was an American guy (I want to say Peyton Manning) who was so clueless when it came do doing stuff on his own at first that he actually thought that when your underwear got dirty you just wore it inside-out so the "clean" side touched your junk.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Crazy Ted posted:

Athletes have a tendency to be weird creatures when it comes to doing personal stuff. There was an American guy (I want to say Peyton Manning) who was so clueless when it came do doing stuff on his own at first that he actually thought that when your underwear got dirty you just wore it inside-out so the "clean" side touched your junk.

Wait that's not what you're supposed to do? :confused:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Wait that's not what you're supposed to do? :confused:
When your drawers got skidmarks it's time to wash that poo poo.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

From Sky Sports:

quote:

Manchester United announce record annual revenue of £363.2m for the year to June 30 #SSN

#MUFC gross debt down to a "mere" £389.2m in full-year accounts. Net finance costs for 2012/13 were £70.8m

That's a lot of money, and they were still to cheap to bid any more than £25m for Fabregas :D

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

drat those glazers!!!

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
That debt is down from well over £400m, glad it's going in the right direction.

I read something earlier about a bunch of shares being sold with some of the young Glazers looking to sell. Interesting.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Going back to players doing weird things. John Arne Riise has sold exclusive rights to his wedding (his third one iirc) to.. Betsson. Not a magazine or media agency, but a betting site.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

euroboy posted:

Going back to players doing weird things. John Arne Riise has sold exclusive rights to his wedding (his third one iirc) to.. Betsson. Not a magazine or media agency, but a betting site.

Thought that said Beeston then and was wondering why he was going to be holding his wedding at Elland Road

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

TelekineticBear! posted:

drat those glazers!!!

Well about that... they're about to pocket £240m if their newest scheme works out.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3873749.ece

Begall
Jul 28, 2008

euroboy posted:

Well about that... they're about to pocket £240m if their newest scheme works out.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3873749.ece

Selling shares that you own is a scheme?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Begall posted:

Yes because its makes them sound more evil.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

euroboy posted:

He's the Ric Flair of footballers (wøøø)

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Begall posted:

It is when you bought these shares with loans secured against the club's assets.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24333604

The lawyer who represented Jean-Marc Bosman is leading the effort to overrule the main plank of UEFA's FFP policy by arguing that it violates EU Competition Law. Proceedings start on Thursday in Brussels.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Newco Rangers lost £14.4 million last year and all they got for it was the Scottish Division 3 title.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Some highlights:

Almost all of the £22million IPO money has gone in 6 months
Wages to turnover ratio of 93%
Charles Green trousered £933,000 in wages & bonuses
"Rangers Legend" Ally McCoist was paid £825,000

Forecast trading loss in IPO prospectus: 500,000
Actual trading loss 6 months later 14,400,000

At current rate of cash burn won't survive till end of season without further injection of funds.

Chief executive Craig Mather, who was tripping balls said

quote:

"In the last year, key milestones have been passed successfully," "The first team squad has strengthened considerably. The club enjoys a healthy bank balance. The cost base has been reduced significantly. Business performance is improving and, most importantly, the club continues to benefit enormously from the unwavering commitment of our fans.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
When you appoint a director who was convicted of tax evasion you should hope he's learned his mistakes and will do a better job next time

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Scott Bakula posted:

When you appoint a director who was convicted of tax evasion you should hope he's learned his mistakes and will do a better job next time

The accounts predate the Easedales buying all Charles Green's shares, the current dire state is all down to Green, Mather and Stockbridge.

Ally McCoist with the Easedale Brothers.

For fun put "Easedale brothers" into google and see what the suggested searches are.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
They look like right cunts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Tim Nice But Dim at the back there.

• Locked thread