Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Holy poo poo I just loaded up the game and and slammed down a cool million meseta for a Humpty mag, I didn't realize how hosed up that thing's face was jesus christ.

Also meet the 4th Naura sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, there's Miku hair and an outfit.

And a Miku mag.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Schubalts posted:

And a Miku mag.

Oh, right right. You don't see many of those around.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=2226

"Under certain circumstances, the trigger action that produces healing items on a Mag may cause the recast time to become instant. We are currently working on a fix for this bug.

Use of this bug may be considered an exploit. Do not attempt to try it, even out of curiosity."

Well, I guess if you didn't read the warning on Sega's website and you're using one of these trigger actions - welp!

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Oh no I'll be able to vendor monomates at 5 meseta a pop and get RICH.

What if I have these triggers, but always starve my mag?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

MR. J posted:

Oh no I'll be able to vendor monomates at 5 meseta a pop and get RICH.

You're part of the problem! You'll crash the economy!

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

What if I were to just feed them to it?

It spits monos out and I shove them back in

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Also, because this is Sega, there's another bug that will reset all your Extreme Quest progress every time you undertake one:
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=2199

To avoid this:
1) After the quest is set by the party lead, EVERYONE has to go talk to the quest counter.
2) To redo the quest, everyone has to leave the campship and talk to the quest counter again.

If you don't, your progress will be erased. Sega~

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual
Hey Next, (or anyone who knows anything about it really) could you drop some knowledge on my rear end about Te/Fi or Fi/Te? I really enjoy wand bonking and zondeel but I'm getting to the point where that's kind of the only thing I'm enjoying about playing a magibot.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Herb Stencil posted:

Hey Next, (or anyone who knows anything about it really) could you drop some knowledge on my rear end about Te/Fi or Fi/Te? I really enjoy wand bonking and zondeel but I'm getting to the point where that's kind of the only thing I'm enjoying about playing a magibot.

As Fi/Te you're not really going to be using the Wand much; even if you have Balmung, your other options (Knuckles, Daggers, Doublesaber) are probably going to be stronger.

AS Te/Fi, you won't have PP Charge Revival (Force fire tree) so you won't gain PP while charging techs. You also won't have damage or status effect boosts to fire, ice, or lightning. This should shift your focus to the Techter elements: wind, light, and dark. Without PP charge revival you're going to be casting as lot less. With Wand Reactor and higher S-Atk, you're going to be wand bonking a lot more. Fortunately, Brave/Wise stance raise the damage of your technics as well! So Zan everything in front of you until you get into melee range, then smash away.

I rely heavily on Zan, Samegid, and Nagrants. Zan is mid-range and cheap, hits everything in front of you mutiple times. Samegid is fast and long-range. Nagrants is crowd control for when you're in the thick of it and need to keep enemies off of you for a few seconds.

Keep in mind that Fighter has Chase Advance and Chase Bind, which deals more damage/binds enemies that have status effects on them. So when you're shotgunning Zan everywhere (and Miraging enemeies), you're also helping yourself deal more damage once you get into melee range.

More than one point into Adrenaline is pretty silly in my opinion, but a single point is great when you have your own Shifta/Deband... which should be boosted because you're a Techter.

So, while Te/Fo or Fo/Te will be focusing on casting far more with melee as an afterthought, if you're really into hitting things with your wand Te/Fi is the choice of champions. Now you just need to find a decent wand... :sweatdrop:

e: speaking of wands, as Te/Fi your T-Atk will be a little lower so you will not be able to equip some wands as easily. A good wand is worth far more than some points in S-Atk, though, so do NOT use a pure S-atk mag.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 16, 2013

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Herb Stencil posted:

Te/Hu is my second favorite class combination and I highly recommend it. Fighter gives less of a benefit to Techer as a result of its lower damage boosts, increased reliance on positioning (which is tough to do on the fly as a techer because of how slow the Force/Techer evade is), and because Chase Advance's buff is almost unnoticeable on a Techer. Chase Bind is also horrible in every way.

The one thing Techers are really good at alone is mobbing, and that's the only situation in which you will get any sort of benefit out of Chase Advance. You generally will kill trash mobs fast enough that the difference between having Chase Advance and not having it amounts to nothing. Minibosses are fairly tough to dump status effects on, as well, and the bonus damage isn't going to compare to what you'd be doing with Hunter's JA boosts. All bosses are also totally immune to status effects, and things like freezing Vol Dragon and poisoning Quartz Dragon do NOT trigger any status-effect related buffs. As far as I know, Chase Bind doesn't even work on minibosses anymore, and when you're Zondeeling trash mobs and wandbonking them they're not going to be moving anyway. It also doesn't stop movements that are innate to enemies' attacks, which is the primary source of movement for a good chunk of them.

Otherwise, melee Techers are pretty great. They have some pretty horrifying mobbing capabilities and with the right setup they can really ruin a bosses day, too. The bread and butter approach to mobbing is to cast Zan to build wand gear, Zondeel the group, and bonk away. You're going to want to focus on the wind tree, anyway, since that's where all the melee techer skills are. Against bosses, Wand Lovers will give you some serious damage output at the cost of having to resort of *mates to heal any damage you take. You might want to dump points into the dark tree, as well, since Namegid is a great for breaking parts and dealing burst damage when you're not able to solely melee a boss, and poison is great for minibosses who are huge sacks of health like Org Blan, since it does a set percentage of an enemy's health. Don't bother focusing on any PP increases, though, because the benefits aren't really worth the costs for a melee Techer.

Nafoie is also still pretty great even without any Force skills.

For the Hunter side, just focus on the Fury tree, especially the Fury Stance boosts and the final JA boost.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Miijhal posted:

Against bosses, Wand Lovers will give you some serious damage output at the cost of having to resort of *mates to heal any damage you take.

What? All Wand Lovers does is max your Wand Gear. Whether you have 5% of your gear gauge filled or 100%, the damage doesn't change; it just takes longer to empty. Wand Lovers is the most useless skill since you can fill to max with two Zan, and you'll still be able to actually cast things like Resta.

Source: http://pso2wiki.net/%E3%83%86%E3%82%AF%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC#.E3.82.A6.E3.82.A9.E3.83.B3.E3.83.89.E3.82.AE.E3.82.A2

Wand Reactor, on the other hand, is a pretty good passive skill that gets better with stronger wands. It's up to you to decide how many points you want to put into it, though.

e: Org Blan can be frozen or burned, but not poisoned.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Sep 16, 2013

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Casting Zan does far less DPS against bosses than wand smacking, and you're typically not going to get full gear off a single enemy from two casts. Basically, Wand Lovers lets you take full advantage of the benefits of Wand Gear without ever having to stop to charge spells that are weaker than your wandbonk.

This is why Wand Lovers is such a useful skill against bosses:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL_GAiV_iwU
You can easily get it to the point where you have zero downtime.

Against regular mobs, obviously, it's totally worthless.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 17, 2013

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Miijhal posted:

Casting Zan does far less DPS against bosses than wand smacking, and you're typically not going to get full gear off a single enemy from two casts. Basically, Wand Lovers lets you take full advantage of the benefits of Wand Gear without ever having to stop to charge spells that are weaker than your wandbonk.

How do you dodge cancel like that?

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

Nuclearmonkee posted:

How do you dodge cancel like that?

Dodge ends when you hit the ground. If you dodge in the air, but near enough to the ground, the dodge is shortened.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Miijhal posted:

It takes as much time to cast Zan and fill your gauge (that will then take time to empty) as it does to stand there and activate a skill, only Wand Lovers leaves you with no PP for half a minute. Zan charges quickly hits multiple parts of bosses multiple times, giving you plenty of gear time to hit things before you need to cast it again to refill. You don't need to "get full gear off a single enemy" when having a full gear is useless in the first place, and you can add more to your gauge by casting something (anything!) again.

This is remarkably silly.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Miijhal posted:

Dodge ends when you hit the ground. If you dodge in the air, but near enough to the ground, the dodge is shortened.

So you are saying I need to be ten times less terrible at video games to manage that, because his timing is pretty much perfect.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Nuclearmonkee posted:

So you are saying I need to be ten times less terrible at video games to manage that, because his timing is pretty much perfect.

Practice it in the campship, although it's far easier on uneven ground than on a flat surface. Doing small jumps is key to a lot of esoteric techniques.

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!
Ok so I stayed up to 7 am this morning to hopefully get a Satellite Riser. Sadly this was not the case. However I did manage to get Drill Knuckles, Varda pack (yeah I know it sucks), and a lovely talis called Wonder Collet, all of these were given to me in one drop from Embryo Varda, so that was nice of him. On my last attempt, I was abandoned by my two teammates before I even started it, and was forced to do it alone.

I don't know if beating a VH Varda Soma on your own at level 47 is even worth mentioning, but this made me feel pretty drat proud. Also I thought I would share some screenshots.

Managed to blow off all his parts, and his cannon didn't last long against Namegid (To be fair not much does).

Aaaaaaaaand down he goes!

I loving hate you Varda, at least give me SOMETHING.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
He's harder than a miniboss, for sure, but he's pretty slow and easy to evade, so it's not all that difficult, especially if you have Namegid. I soloed him as GuHu, and the only really tricky part was not locking onto trash mobs by accident.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Protocol 5 posted:

I soloed him as GuHu

Wow! You managed to solo a midboss with a completely overpowered and broken class. Well done. I'd be worried if you couldn't, considering how disgustingly busted Gunner is.

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 17, 2013

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Yeah, I kind of implied that? Chill out dude.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
a dark enemy appeared one time and now im scared to play by myself...

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

animaCartographer posted:

Ok so I stayed up to 7 am this morning to hopefully get a Satellite Riser. Sadly this was not the case. However I did manage to get Drill Knuckles, Varda pack (yeah I know it sucks), and a lovely talis called Wonder Collet, all of these were given to me in one drop from Embryo Varda, so that was nice of him. On my last attempt, I was abandoned by my two teammates before I even started it, and was forced to do it alone.

I don't know if beating a VH Varda Soma on your own at level 47 is even worth mentioning, but this made me feel pretty drat proud. Also I thought I would share some screenshots.

Managed to blow off all his parts, and his cannon didn't last long against Namegid (To be fair not much does).

Aaaaaaaaand down he goes!

I loving hate you Varda, at least give me SOMETHING.

while you can never expect something good to drop (you gotta psych it out that way) I can still say good job soloing a boss! All it takes is one gently caress-up and you wind up dead on the floor and you gotta restart the mission :negative: (at the same time this is why one should Never Play Alonetm)

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
I was trying to solo Dragon Ex on VH for kicks but he oneshots/onecombos me with a couple of his attacks. The downside of fists is lack of Just Guard, I don't have points in Step Advance beyond the requirement for Step Attack. I'm hoping the new level cap will come with the skill refund thing, that'd be great.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
If they're adding in new skills or overhauling stuff when 65 cap and super hard hits, we'll get the point refund tickets. If they don't, we're SoL.

Also, I don't think having more points in the dodge move would help anyone if they screw up the timing on enemy attacks.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Do The Evolution posted:

I was trying to solo Dragon Ex on VH for kicks but he oneshots/onecombos me with a couple of his attacks. The downside of fists is lack of Just Guard, I don't have points in Step Advance beyond the requirement for Step Attack. I'm hoping the new level cap will come with the skill refund thing, that'd be great.

If you're using Knuckles, you could just Weave instead of trying to Step out of the way... works for everything besides Ex Dragons' big beam attack, which has enough advance warning to get well out of the way ahead of time. The main worry would be getting mobbed by smallfry, but those don't pop up in solo.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Personally, I'd go daggers if I was going to solo Dragon EX as FiHu. Bloody Saraband has a good combo of range and damage, and Knuckles are kind of at a disadvantage with how much he moves around. The dagger spin is basically a JG that covers 360 degrees, and since most of his attacks have a fairly short window for doing damage, you'll be fine if you don't spin too early. You could also try the old Deadly Archer spam, but I find that I end up blowing a lot of shots because I have to step out of a charge up to evade or he flies across the arena before I can let go.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
My real problem with him is that once he rages, it becomes very dangerous to linger in front of him for any period of time and his head movement means I can't reliably backhand him until it's still (ie. about to launch into an attack). I think I'll just switch to Wise Stance when he rages, seems like the only danger from hitting him in the rear end would be eating an ITTOU HADAN. Less damage, but a hell of a lot safer. Also yes, I agree that daggers are much safer (based on my experience soloing Ragne with them, not that he's difficult) but sadly I don't have any +10 10* daggers lying around like I have rogbelt knuckles.

I just saw psublog, guess it's time to make my friends hop on the AQ/XQ train.

e:
:downs:

Do The Evolution fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 18, 2013

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

AQs have seemed a bit dead lately, probably due to how easy it is to grind up element on just store bought 10* weapons. Hopefully a new trio will bring back some interest. I'm still a bit concerned about the lack of any mention of new rare Braver PAs, lack of which is one of the biggest problems facing the class for high-end content.

Also, congratulations on downing Ex. I've done it as HuFi just spamming Wild Round and Stepping like a madman. The ability to guard cancel anytime you want is really handy.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Protocol 5 posted:

AQs have seemed a bit dead lately, probably due to how easy it is to grind up element on just store bought 10* weapons. Hopefully a new trio will bring back some interest. I'm still a bit concerned about the lack of any mention of new rare Braver PAs, lack of which is one of the biggest problems facing the class for high-end content.

Also, congratulations on downing Ex. I've done it as HuFi just spamming Wild Round and Stepping like a madman. The ability to guard cancel anytime you want is really handy.

I personally am pretty much always up for running AQs whenever I'm on. Even if we don't need the stones quite as badly as before, they're still great exp with the side benefit of occasionally giving you a piece of equipment that sells for a decent chunk of change on the player shops. There's also the prospect of other rare drops.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

Protocol 5 posted:

I've done it as HuFi just spamming Wild Round and Stepping like a madman.

Ha, I was manually knuckle dashing to the right the entire time (going left might get you hit by the lance). Dashed in to get a couple of backhands on his legs when he roared and then dashed away again. Pitiful damage, but it worked.
As for AQs, I kinda want an Aurava Core but I'm not sure I want to bother getting Shock III on it and +10ing it. Maybe I'll just use it to level my rog knuckles' element if it fails the affix. I guess exp is a worthwhile reason to do them, though. Still only 52/52.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Protocol 5 posted:

I'm still a bit concerned about the lack of any mention of new rare Braver PAs, lack of which is one of the biggest problems facing the class for high-end content.

I'm guessing they might be waiting for Seabed's two rare bosses and maybe another rare normal enemy if they don't count Barbalilipans, so that they can release all 3 of both braver weapon's discs between that and Quarry. All of the new PAs have been in pretty big patches.

Also looks like they sent out a +100% grind booster for what I assume is their continued apology for the wiping thing, wooo.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Speaking of Seabed, are they going to bring back the wide variety of enemies who loving destroy you with near impunity?

If I can't get every status ailment before being insta-killed it's not the true seabed experience.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Freeze breaking if you take too much damage probably mean we will not be having a true Abyssal Ball in PSO2. Also this Seabed is ruins instead of a laboratory. I really hope the Black Photon Institute that is loving things up in the story ends up with a science-gone-wrong field at some point.

Does anybody have any advice for a Ra/Hu gunslash build? It's the only thing I can do with a pure ranged mag besides mechguns that wouldn't make me vomit blood. I mostly need to know what the Ranger skill tree would look like and if it's worth getting Step Attack as a shooty gunslash type.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Devour or Fire posted:

Freeze breaking if you take too much damage probably mean we will not be having a true Abyssal Ball in PSO2. Also this Seabed is ruins instead of a laboratory. I really hope the Black Photon Institute that is loving things up in the story ends up with a science-gone-wrong field at some point.

Does anybody have any advice for a Ra/Hu gunslash build? It's the only thing I can do with a pure ranged mag besides mechguns that wouldn't make me vomit blood. I mostly need to know what the Ranger skill tree would look like and if it's worth getting Step Attack as a shooty gunslash type.

You could always try the slightly more novel Bra/Ra (or Ra/Bra I suppose). Weak Stance + Weak Hit Advance + Weak Bullet is pretty goddamn cruel (if you're any good at positioning/aiming), and it's my favorite Gunslash class combo. Plus you can always switch to Bows for big damage when you need to.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've though about using Braver instead of Hunter mostly because of the extra perks in their Step tree but Fury Stance is too disgusting to ignore.

I really wanted to like bows but I can't stand using them because of a combination of expensive PAs, charging stopping PP recovery, crap PP recovery from normal attacks, and normal attacks being so inaccurate. Projectiles that you have to take gravity into account for should not have variance that is serious bullshit, loving up a headshot on a monkey from like 10 meters.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Bow-focused Bra/Ra is what I play, and it's a heck of a lot of fun and does pretty good damage when you get headshots down pat (ie, plinking for 1k, charged normal shots doing 3-4k, etc). Master Shot is great on weakpoints, Penetrating Arrow is good for breaking boss parts and AOE if you can line up enough enemies for it. Kamikaze Arrow can do hefty damage, though it is super risky, Gravity Point is a weaker Zondeel that fails if the enemy its on dies before it goes off, but it's funny to do things like suck two Org Blans into each other, and you can pair it up with Penetrating Arrow well enough. Definately main Braver instead of Ranger if you were going to do it, though. As dire as the Ranger all-class weapons are, Braver's are worse. The best AC bow is only a few points better than the crappy AC bow you get from ARKS Road and the best AC katana is a 10* rare drop from a rare enemy that scarcely ever shows up. On the other hand at least there's the Falz Stone stuff for Ranger, or the Lamda Schwann if you wanna put out a bit of money.

Edit: Oh, hah, guess you posted while I was writing that up. Disregard!

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

RaHu Gunslash build generally just dumps as many points as possible into percentile damage skills, WB, etc. Having Step Attack can be useful if you're mainly using Gunslash, since it lets you cancel a step into a JA'd Addition Bullet, and you can use the knockback off the kick to both get breathing room and disrupt particularly dangerous enemies. Some people consider it not worth the points, since moving loses you the Standing Snipe bonus, but I like being able to evade and punish immediately, even if I'm not doing the maximum possible damage. Also, if you're planning on being in melee range all the time, you could drop a few points into Killing Bonus once you've maxed out all the damage skills. You really have to be on top of dudes for it to work, but that's where you want to be most of the time as a Gunslash build.

It's worth noting that a build optimized for Gunslash use will still be just as powerful with a Launcher and Rifle. The Launcher specific skills aren't all that great to begin with, and you're not missing out on damage by ignoring them. JA'd Flame Bullet does surprising DPS against a WB'd weak point, and Cluster Bullet is good at longer ranges, against dudes with weak points that are hard to hit with Addition Bullets, and dudes with shields. Honorable mentions to Divine Launcher for good long range AoE crowd control, and Crazy Smash for close range clobbering and unresistable knockdown against everything but bosses. With Rifles, there's the Homing Emission trick, and Parallel Slider is actually pretty good if you leap to the side instead of straight back. So at the very least try to get a good Launcher.

Also, RE: Braver step tree, I really wanted to like the health recovery on Just Reversal, but gently caress it, just don't get knocked down. One point is fine, I guess, but there's no shortage of other interesting skills you could be raising instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The game heard me badmouthing bullet bows and gave me all three of the new sub-10* ones from the Quarry.

• Locked thread