Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Can you store meat instead of sauce in the secret reservoir?

Stupid, obviously this is for use in conjunction with the Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes!

Have you never heard of vertical integration?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

Ez posted:

A little bit of steak sauce on a good steak can be delightful, but not when you smother it.

By "steak sauce" you mean some kind of reduction, right?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

drat MRAs, all talk and no dying.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Bad Sneakers posted:

I like how in the bottom corner, you see what he wishes he looks like.

Also, is that a Hot Topic shirt he's wearing?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Who do they even imagine fighting against? I guess it's some sort of lesbian nazi who won't have sex with them :cry:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

The double chin and the children's plastic playground makes this wonderful. :allears: I wish I could see the rest of his awkward friends.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Nothing says class like not removing the manufacturer's label from your coat sleeve.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

Nothing says class like not removing the manufacturer's label from your coat sleeve.

Or being weapons to a children playground. Or wearing your feather backwards. Or threatening people who disagree with you.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
"I need MRA because men are constantly accused of rape for no apparent reason."

*hangs out in children's playground, armed, and dressed like a sex offender*

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Desperado Bones posted:

The double chin and the children's plastic playground makes this wonderful. :allears: I wish I could see the rest of his awkward friends.

He's an MRA, he probably just happened to be passing the playground with a camera anyway.

I like the smug-looking chap with the gun peeking in at the bottom-right. He really wants to be included in this, God knows why.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So many of these dudes act like they are in some sort of masculinity cargo cult, where they sort of recognize the traditional signifiers of manhood but are unable to fully grasp or comprehend them so basically the strut around on a fake airstrip with bamboo fedoras hoping that one day Don Draper will be drawn back to their remote island and bestow upon them the secret of sex moves.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
E: hurr I'm dumb

pants in my pants has a new favorite as of 19:00 on Sep 19, 2013

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

two forty posted:

What's that on his sleeve? Is it sewn-on tag that he didn't realize you're supposed to take off?

But it's on there with thread! Thread things stay on the clothes! *tries to put knife in jacket pocket that's still sewn shut*

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

How do these guys not realize they look ridiculous? I mean, feathered fedora and a graphic T?

There are certain points in everyone's life when you start seeing people in your age group behave differently as they mature. You can either see the value in some of these changes, or search for people who still act like they are in Jr.High as adults and latch on to them because they will never judge you or encourage you to change. I really want to believe these 23 year old guys who shop at hot-topic and don't brush their teeth simply don't have quality friends/family around to give them advice.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Baldbeard posted:

as they mature.

And there's where you reasoning falls apart.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Stottie Kyek posted:

He's an MRA, he probably just happened to be passing the playground with a camera anyway.

I like the smug-looking chap with the gun peeking in at the bottom-right. He really wants to be included in this, God knows why.

Playgrounds are usually a place that teenagers hang out at night. It's strange but it is a easy place for everyone to hang out without parents around.

It better than the alternative. My city's park is a haven for unprotected gay sex :v:

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

zoux posted:

And there's where you reasoning falls apart.

When you move from Jr. High to Highschool, most people start using deodorant. When you start your first job, you will notice your co-workers's various habits at work. I'm just saying, as you age, you see how your collective age-group acts, and you can either try to find some good changes and pick them up or just reject it altogether.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Baldbeard posted:

When you move from Jr. High to Highschool, most people start using deodorant. When you start your first job, you will notice your co-workers's various habits at work. I'm just saying, as you age, you see how your collective age-group acts, and you can either try to find some good changes and pick them up or just reject it altogether.

The assumption you made was that they have jobs.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

zoux posted:

So many of these dudes act like they are in some sort of masculinity cargo cult, where they sort of recognize the traditional signifiers of manhood but are unable to fully grasp or comprehend them so basically the strut around on a fake airstrip with bamboo fedoras hoping that one day Don Draper will be drawn back to their remote island and bestow upon them the secret of sex moves.

This is the best summary of MRA idiots I've ever read.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Bad Sneakers posted:

This MRA said yes.

Supposedly might have screwed up his stunt and didn't actually mean to commit suicide but hey, he did it. v:v:v

Those loving misandrist music videos. :argh:

Octavion
Apr 5, 2009

Would you carry weapons in a kids play park for men's rights?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Octavion posted:

Would you carry weapons in a kids play park for men's rights?

Misandry can strike at any time!

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 22:08 on Apr 2, 2014

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I was only vaguely aware of what a cargo cult was. Upon reading the Wikipedia page for it, that's a fantastic description of MRAs.

I've neglected to shave for the past two weeks or so. The scraggly beards in this thread inspired me to break out the razor.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Speaking of MRAs, I keep seeing their posters everywhere in my city. Including this one.

(which was a response to this campaign: http://www.theviolencestopshere.ca/dbtg.php )

It looks like this one guy might be the entire 'organization' from skimming their gallery.

e: at least he's not wearing a fedora?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Grrl Anachronism posted:

It looks like this one guy might be the entire 'organization' from skimming their gallery.

e: at least he's not wearing a fedora?

But he has a neckbeard, and compensates for his lack of a silly hat by wearing a normal hat in a very silly way.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
I hope you tear them down whenever you see them. That is literally the very least you could do.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

I hope you tear them down whenever you see them. That is literally the very least you could do.

I do when I see them, but I'm almost afraid I'll end up on their website. They've taken pictures of women removing their signs before and posted both pics/video of them with messages like "MR-E would like to know the names of these two women so that charges of destruction of property can be laid against them. Also, the world should know the identities of those who seek to silence and censor messages advocating for human rights." BONUS: the title for that particular blog post is "MR-E confronts fascists."

Basically, right now they're just creepy, but I sure as hell don't want any one-on-one contact with them.

on a lighter, less morally reprehensible note:

uranium grass has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Sep 19, 2013

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Yep, charges of "destruction of property" for signs they put on lampposts. Oh, MRAs, you are always showing your intellectual superiority!

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

Shwqa posted:

Playgrounds are usually a place that teenagers hang out at night. It's strange but it is a easy place for everyone to hang out without parents around.

It better than the alternative. My city's park is a haven for unprotected gay sex :v:

I'd rather have the unprotected gay sex than the MRAs or the punk teenagers hanging out with no parents around.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

I actually met this guy in person last night (in a social setting, not a date). He was a loud jackass and smelled terrible.

And yes, there was a fedora.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Semisponge posted:

I actually met this guy in person last night (in a social setting, not a date). He was a loud jackass and smelled terrible.

I never know what to say in the first message either, but a rambling, insecure paragraph probably isn't the best option.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Semisponge posted:

I work with an engineer who wears a fedora every goddamn day, and he actually has some rank at the company somehow, and that has made him a smug rear end in a top hat. I want to smash his face in with his TI-89 sometimes.

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.
I love Facebook for allowing me to 'keep in touch' with losers from way back when. Here's a selection from my rogues gallery.

I bet this guy smells like peanut oil all day every day. All he does is post updates about how autistic and lonely he is.

This is an 'After' picture of an Ultimate Transformation. Guy lost over 100lbs on a crash diet and now looks like this. Also claims to be autistic and will not shut the gently caress up about American Football statistics (he is Dutch and has never touched a football in his life).

Guy on the left is currently a legit burger flipper for the local Maccy D's. On the right we have a raging alcoholic who is part of a movement called the 'Turbo Jugend', which I'm sure is kosher and up to wholesome family-friendly stuff.

Last but now least, I present every man's wet dream. Goodnight.

Rujo King
Jun 28, 2007

I say old chap have you any of the good sort of catnip if you know what I mean... harrumphaarmaammhhhmm

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Speaking of MRAs, I keep seeing their posters everywhere in my city. Including this one.

(which was a response to this campaign: http://www.theviolencestopshere.ca/dbtg.php )

That's probably the most infuriating sign I've ever seen, and my college town once got hit by a wave of "aborted fetus" posters.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Stoatbringer posted:

Misandry can strike at any time!

Zerglingminor, the early years

(RIP)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Palpatine MD posted:

Guy on the left is currently a legit burger flipper for the local Maccy D's. On the right we have a raging alcoholic who is part of a movement called the 'Turbo Jugend', which I'm sure is kosher and up to wholesome family-friendly stuff.

Is it wise to have a twisted firestarter operating a grill?

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Palpatine MD posted:

Turbojugend is what the fan club of the band Turbonegro calls themselves. Nothing Hitler-y about it.

Kinda old and kinda ugly photo of the singer before he found Jesus

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

my new dog posted:

Kinda old and kinda ugly photo of the singer before he found Jesus Xenu.

And there were the bottle rockets from the butt thing he had going on.

NSFW for butts, fireworks, and butt/firework interaction.
:nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEJGk8qfAgI:nws:

Sinister_Beekeeper has a new favorite as of 01:27 on Sep 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

my new dog posted:

Turbojugend is what the fan club of the band Turbonegro calls themselves. Nothing Hitler-y about it.

Kinda old and kinda ugly photo of the singer before he found Jesus

Turbojugend: We Are The Juggalos Of Europe.

• Locked thread