Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Baronjutter posted:

How come people don't go to jail for punching people during a sports game? If someone punched me like that while I was at work I'd certainly call the cops.

Players don't usually punch each other during games. If there's a fight, it's usually just a big shoving match, as it's pretty stupid to punch someone who's wearing a helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baronjutter posted:

How come people don't go to jail for punching people during a sports game? If someone punched me like that while I was at work I'd certainly call the cops.

You're playing a physical game like Football there's some implied consent about getting injured. Plus there are rules/regulations the NCAA/NFL/MLB etc enforce to prevent such behavior.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Players don't usually punch each other during games. If there's a fight, it's usually just a big shoving match, as it's pretty stupid to punch someone who's wearing a helmet.

Well at least he went for the weakest spot on the helmet which is the chin area.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah that kid (Isaiah Battle) is a loving moron and will be punished accordingly. I doubt he'll be on the field for a good while, which sucks because he's a great talent and could really use some more experience.

To put it in perspective, he's a sophomore so likely 20yrs old, tops... Definitely lacking maturity.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

They probably could, but the sports organizations generally have their own internal punishments for on-field behavior so most athletes leave it at that (like the guy above was ejected from the game and will have to sit out the next one, as well). Sports necessarily involve a lot of physical contact and raw emotions, so most players are content to leave it on the field for a one-time event - knowing that next time, they themselves might be the one to lose it momentarily.

Thus athletes usually feel justice has been served by the punishments meted out, and don't feel the need to get the cops involved.

However, I do seem to recall a few instances where on-field violence had off-field motivations, which did end up in court rooms. I can't think of specific cases, though, so I can't link one.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Golden-i posted:

Here we see a felony hit-and-run with the perpetrator fleeing the scene.

Refurb always makes me smile. :allears:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Deteriorata posted:

However, I do seem to recall a few instances where on-field violence had off-field motivations, which did end up in court rooms. I can't think of specific cases, though, so I can't link one.
Marty McSorley was put on trial for hitting Brashear in the head with a hockey stick during a game.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Zapdos
Nov 13, 2010

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Is that Mac's training regiment?

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r63vVOEjhCM

Afro ninja was on Tosh 2.0 a while back for an "internet redemption" segment.
He finally nailed the backflip :woop:

mcbexx has a new favorite as of 19:10 on Sep 20, 2013

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Golden-i posted:

Here we see a felony hit-and-run with the perpetrator fleeing the scene.

I think you mean a feliney :colbert:

Content!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Solaris

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007

From the hilarious short movie Star Drunk were all the actors are drunk.

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Micr0chiP posted:

From the hilarious short movie Star Drunk were all the actors are drunk.

This woman should have had more screen time. Easily the star of the show.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

"hwaaiiiee"

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Hey man if you hit someone in hockey you're pretty likely to have to go sit down for two minutes or maybe even MORE!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Scarf posted:

Few gems from last night's NC State v Clemson game.

Courtesy of TFF:

I am trying to think of a swear word that they are being forced to paint over sullenly that begins with WO and unless it was WOGS and this is england I am completely stumped.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Krinkle posted:

I am trying to think of a swear word that they are being forced to paint over sullenly that begins with WO and unless it was WOGS and this is england I am completely stumped.

They had spelled out "Wolfpack" (the nickname of NC State). The game was nearly over, the paint was dried and flaking off, and NCSU was getting stomped, so they were just generally dejected.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Deteriorata posted:

They had spelled out "Wolfpack" (the nickname of NC State). The game was nearly over, the paint was dried and flaking off, and NCSU was getting stomped, so they were just generally dejected.

I really hope that kid showed up to class today still powdery-white.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I'm a Mog!

Half-human, half-dog.

I'm my own best friend.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Semiotic Ghost
Mar 25, 2006
Dumbass For Rent
"We should go home..... we're drunk."

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Semiotic Ghost posted:

"We should go home..... we're drunk."

The Aldon Smith Story

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Ah, hell. Let's add two more.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Deteriorata posted:

Pfft, working with an office full of NC State grads, he probably didn't even go in to class Friday. Half our office left after lunch on Thursday so they could tailgate before the game.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Whoa, look at those eyes before he strikes.
You can tell he's pissed off.

Ugh, the day before yesterday a zookeeper at the local zoo was mauled and killed by a tiger he missed when he guided the streak into the indoor pen to clean the outdoor enclosure.
At least he went quickly, according to the newspaper.

So watch out, little doggie...

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

So do big cats' pupils not dilate before they attack?

Fridtjof Nansen
Jun 12, 2013

People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner.

hooah posted:

So do big cats' pupils not dilate before they attack?

It looks really snowy and bright there?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I always imagine the paper that ends up on Obama's back saying "kick me"

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
How to be gay

Source
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RTIlVXKfyY

Forti
May 5, 2009

How To basic is getting progressively more sinister with every video.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Searching for a gif of a man eating dollar bills and, if possible, the music video it's from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Good luck with your search.

• Locked thread