Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Toffile posted:

They do like to model one or two real maps per game. I think THAW ended up breaking the trend though.

THPS1 had Burnside, 2 had Skate Street and Marseilles, 3 had Skaters Island, 4 had Kona, UG1 had SPoT?

This isn't an exhaustive list, I'm doing g it from memory.

RIP SKaters Island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kgummy posted:

This gull/goal confusion might end up with you in a gaol.

Okay, I know it's not technically pronounced the same, after double checking, but still the visual similarity. And I swear I've heard it pronounced similarly to how it looks.

"Gaol" is literally the same word as "Jail". It's just the traditional spelling.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Tenebrais posted:

"Gaol" is literally the same word as "Jail". It's just the traditional spelling.

Not in Kid Icarus: Uprising, it's not. :colbert:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like that's and end to Sparrow.

He won't be missed.

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?
It's a bit sad, considering how effective a character Sparrow was in THUG1.

I get that THUG 2 is one long humiliation conga line for Sparrow - and THUG1 is what makes that work - but it's a missed opportunity.

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012
Eric Sparrow; the mind of a child in the body of a slightly larger child.

I haven't seen a phone booth outside of train stations in years, I almost forgot what the orange Telstra ones looked like.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
We still haven't gotten up to the sheer level of property destruction Aggressive Inline managed. Maybe that'll be a bit better in future installments?

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Plllllllaydies :heysexy:

Glazius posted:

We still haven't gotten up to the sheer level of property destruction Aggressive Inline managed. Maybe that'll be a bit better in future installments?

Maybe, if I could stop playing FFXIV.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I will have to follow this. Mainly because the WR speedrun at AGDQ somehow made this interesting. I'll be honest, it seems like those "supposed to be stupid fun" games. Kinda like how American Wasteland was... I think.
By the way, will you consider showcasing the entire Pro Skater level after you beat the game?

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Let me tell you about Silent Hill Visual Novels~
Vifs will be running this game at AGDQ next year. Completely naked while I sit in Trihex's lap.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Zackcat posted:

Vifs will be running this game at AGDQ next year. Completely naked while I sit in Trihex's lap.

Will the room also be empty as hell like it was this year. I watched it on youtube and I think dude even got WR and there was only one person watching him.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Good news, FFXIV is down tomorrow for server maintenance, so I guess I should record.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

HoneyBoy posted:

Will the room also be empty as hell like it was this year. I watched it on youtube and I think dude even got WR and there was only one person watching him.

That was probably at like 4 in the morning.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

HoneyBoy posted:

Even though it is pretty obvious I'd like to point out that this video contains spoilers for later levels, not any story stuff, but you know the stages themselves.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Ep 6: Jimmy Big-Wheels Youtube 12M

Oh hey, I'm alive!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Vifs posted:

Ep 6: Jimmy Big-Wheels Youtube 12M

Oh hey, I'm alive!

Jimmy Big-Wheels, NO! Don't do that!

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Here's a little known fact about Jimmy Big-Wheels. He's voiced by Keith David and moonlights as a Disney villain. He would also like to state he has friends on the other side.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So are there any special characters that control well? Or are at least fun to play? Or are funny, or interesting, or not offensively terrible in every way?

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Wanamingo posted:

So are there any special characters that control well? Or are at least fun to play? Or are funny, or interesting, or not offensively terrible in every way?

The next one is pretty great, and it's the only one that behaves like a proper skater.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

Let me put it this way: You know when you play newer games and go back to an older game and everything feels off cause you are missing some features, it's a lot like that, but at break-neck speeds.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, there's nothing like a giant running point total that no matter how hard you try you cannot actually affect, one way or the other.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

After all that trouble to find the arcade machine in the test run I was hoping you'd leave it to the end and ask if Zackcat had scene it. Because that, aside from trying to find the final Spatz was the most frustrating thing.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
Actually, that's a good point. Does completing the full 1000 points in an area (as opposed to hitting the minimum to advance) actually affect anything? Or is it just giving the player some wiggle room?

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Kloro posted:

Actually, that's a good point. Does completing the full 1000 points in an area (as opposed to hitting the minimum to advance) actually affect anything? Or is it just giving the player some wiggle room?

Honestly, I have no idea.

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Kloro posted:

It unlocks a few skaters and a movie. The unlocks are not worth the effort though, for some people, 100% is it's own reward.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Emissary666 posted:

It unlocks a few skaters and a movie. The unlocks are not worth the effort though, for some people, 100% is it's own reward.

For only some people? 100% all the way or nothing! :argh:
But I think this game gets a pass because gently caress getting all the goals.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

widespread posted:

For only some people? 100% all the way or nothing! :argh:
But I think this game gets a pass because gently caress getting all the goals.

I don't mind getting all the gulls, they aren't too bad, but gently caress getting all the gaps.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

SourceElement posted:

Here's a little known fact about Jimmy Big-Wheels. He's voiced by Keith David and moonlights as a Disney villain. He would also like to state he has friends on the other side.

He also spent some time fighting James Bond in 1973!

Also, this level is another one with lots of true-to-life details, such as the bawdy neon signs.

Also also, I'm pretty sure that if you added "is Spider-Man in real life" to Chad Muska's wiki, he'd have no desire to correct you.

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Vifs posted:

I don't mind getting all the gulls, they aren't too bad, but gently caress getting all the gaps.

I should probably note that I meant 100% in Story Mode/Classic Mode. Completing the gaps is bullshit.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Doesn't when you get 100% gaps in THUG1, it actually accuse you of cheating at the game?

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

For people who have never seen jackass, this might clear up the thread title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qof4MmKIb_c

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

I swear the new update is coming, just Zackcat and I are having problems being free at the same time again. Anyways, sense we will be doing the classic/arcade missions next if anyone would like to guest please send me a PM or post in the thread with your skype info, but please make a more meaningful post than just: I would like to guest.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I played every Tony Hawk game up to Project 8, so I'm qualified to talk about ollies and McTwists and whatever you crazy kids are into these days. Skype is t3h_waffleman.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'd like to guest, but I don't have Skype. Ah well.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

:siren:Update:siren:

Ep 7: Chunky The Yeti Youtube 12M

News alert, Zackcat can't stop playing pokemon.

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Let me tell you about Silent Hill Visual Novels~

Vifs posted:

:siren:Update:siren:

Ep 7: Chunky The Yeti Youtube 12M

News alert, Zackcat can't stop playing pokemon.

I've only put in 100 hours. ONLY 100 HOURS ITS NOT A PROBLEM.

0044-2830-3329

Zackcat fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 19, 2013

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

100 hours sounds perfectly normal and healthy to me. On a completely separate note, I'll have to watch this later as I'm too busy training a Scizor for the E4 to do anything else.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
That little kid grew up to have a reality show on MTV when I was in high school. I think he was famous for being one of the youngest professional skaters.

FC: 5429-7940-6993

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Now that I've watched the video, I had forgotten how annoying getting into that stupid hallway with the kid is.

2492-4125-5104

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Man, I totally mis-remembered. For some reason, I was thinking it was Shaun White in the game. When Vifs got there I was like, "Oh right. This kid. Who is he again?". I had no idea who he was when the game came out, so I guess that hasn't changed.

No FC because I don't have a 3DS. No 3DS. No Skype. I'm a bad goon.

• Locked thread