Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010

AndrewP posted:

You know, I buy Frank all these awesome clothes, be nice if he could loving dress himself

He continually takes out the $5000 earrings I bought him. Also, Michael has tons of nice clothing I bought him, but he always dresses like such a slob whenever I switch to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Irsh posted:

He continually takes out the $5000 earrings I bought him. Also, Michael has tons of nice clothing I bought him, but he always dresses like such a slob whenever I switch to him.

"But I gotta wear this busted-rear end wife-beater and these athletic shorts."

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

AndrewP posted:

You know, I buy Frank all these awesome clothes, be nice if he could loving dress himself

It's really weird how Franklin keeps dressing himself like he just fell out of bed, Michael insists on getting rid of his Max Payne beard, yet Trevor hasn't changed out of his Hunter S. Thompson clothes in over a week. T is the only one who stays dressed how I set him.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So yeah, that scene from the trailer where Trevor is stamping on a severed arm in a toilet bowl, when does that happen in-game anyway? I'm finished and haven't seen it.

HackerJoeGuy
Apr 18, 2007

For the stock market is it better to sell right away after assassinations/creatively destroying rival company vehicles, or should you sit on it a while? So far I've only really messed with stocks a handful of times, mostly selling them right away.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know this has been brought up constantly but I haven't seen a definitive answer.

Once I mod a car it can be found in the impound lot right? Even if it is lost in the garage?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
They disappear forever on me if I don't store them in my garage after I'm done driving with them.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Speaking of cars...

Lasted me through several Strangers and Freaks side missions, about three amazing police chases (the last of which I got away by narrowly dodging a train and flying onto the highway, losing two wheels in the process) and got to just outside the Los Santos Custom, where I found some random guy on the street who dared to insult Canadians to Trevor's face, before finally dying on me and being unusable any more.

RIP random awesome car I found on the street. You will be remembered fondly. :patriot:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Combat Pretzel posted:

So yeah, that scene from the trailer where Trevor is stamping on a severed arm in a toilet bowl, when does that happen in-game anyway? I'm finished and haven't seen it.

I think there might be missions that get skipped over. While finishing some missions, I see that Martin appears missing an ear and I get my car back from Jimmy, all tricked out. I don't remember either thing happening

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Took some spooky pictures in the sewers and around LS:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Combat Pretzel posted:

It's a character switch scene.

Frijolero posted:

I know this has been brought up constantly but I haven't seen a definitive answer.

Once I mod a car it can be found in the impound lot right? Even if it is lost in the garage?

If everything is working right whenever it's "lost" it should show up in impound but the garages are hosed right now and being worked on for a patch. So the answer is "probably". I've had a modded car just disappear from both the garage and impound.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Hockles posted:

I think there might be missions that get skipped over. While finishing some missions, I see that Martin appears missing an ear and I get my car back from Jimmy, all tricked out. I don't remember either thing happening

First one: Trevor cut his ear off off-screen when he stole his wife.

Second one: Jimmy takes Micheal's personal car after the family leaves, then eventually gives it back and sends you an email that he tricked it out but it's still a lame old man car

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

kri kri posted:

When did they say this?

I don't think that they quite said that. What was said on the trailer for Online, was that you'd be able to create your own races and deathmatches

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010

Valen posted:

Michael insists on getting rid of his Max Payne beard

Thankfully he never did this to me. He's bald with the grizzliest beard you can give him. Franklin has no facial hair. Trevor must always rock the handle bars.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Final tally after doing all the assassination missions, I am at just over a billion dollars on each character. So, in conclusion, money ain't no thang.

A124!
Jun 28, 2009
Is there any good places to find the vehicles for the Epsilon people?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Do you eventually get a big payday at the end of the game? Thinking of saving the assassination missions for then.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

So I have discovered the magic of random hick downs and really am enjoying the game even if the radio is a bit hard for me to work with- I have trouble hearing it but settings should change that.

I'm just glad that Fame or Shame gave me my Lazlo fix for this game. gently caress, I should really listen to his actual podcast.

Still wish the internet was a bit bigger.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

causticBeet posted:

Do you eventually get a big payday at the end of the game? Thinking of saving the assassination missions for then.
This is exactly what you should do. Again, sitting on a billion dollars on each character from doing this. This should probably go in the OP.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Speedball posted:

I want to say that painted landsculpture in the desert is based off of something in real life. I know large parts of Blaine County resemble Joshua Tree National Park (all it's missing is the cholla cactus) and the mountains resemble Big Bear areas.

It's based on Salvation Mountain.

causticBeet posted:

I'm not familiar with the real landmark but isn't there a purple dinosaur somewhere

Yeah and he's eating a giant hot dog :3:

kri kri posted:

When did they say this?

I can't find where, but R* definitely said there's going to be a mission editor. They also said it's not going to be available at the launch of GTAO, but the race and deathmatch editors will. I suspect that they're using some sort of beta version to create the 500 or so missions they claim GTAO is going to have.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Irsh posted:

Thankfully he never did this to me. He's bald with the grizzliest beard you can give him. Franklin has no facial hair. Trevor must always rock the handle bars.

I've given everyone the biggest hair and the biggest beard they can have. It's pretty amazing.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

A124! posted:

Google it, every vehicle is located somewhere in LS unlocked and ready for you to collect them, I just can't recall where for each one.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Hatbox Ghost posted:

I can't find where, but R* definitely said there's going to be a mission editor. They also said it's not going to be available at the launch of GTAO, but the race and deathmatch editors will. I suspect that they're using some sort of beta version to create the 500 or so missions they claim GTAO is going to have.

It might have come from the comments page of one of their news posts which is where theyve been hiding GTA:Online info for a while now buried in a sea of white noise

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
wow, why did it post twice. that's twice today

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

cams posted:

This is exactly what you should do. Again, sitting on a billion dollars on each character from doing this. This should probably go in the OP.

Yea it needs to go in the OP with the names of the missions and what exactly you should invest in. I did the first three assassination missions before catching on that they were messing with the stock market, and I haven't done any since because I can wait.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The :siren: BITING SATIRE :siren: is stupidly, self-indulgently smug but the news website makes me laugh like an idiot. The "is a shoot-out over a yacht the sign of difficult financial times, or a sign we're out of difficult financial times" had me laughing for about a solid minute.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

MissileWaster posted:

I've given everyone the biggest hair and the biggest beard they can have. It's pretty amazing.

It probably makes me some kind of dumb hipster but I've done the same thing. I just can't resist those big manly beards. Also everyone must wear aviators, everyone. I also really dig that despite the varying fashions of the player characters, it's possible for me to dress pretty much all of them out of my own personal wardrobe if I choose.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

A124! posted:

You can purchase them online.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm in the process of planning the second heist and various commercial properties are for sale. I noticed that there's various residential properties with realtor signs in front as well, but I can't seem to find an option to purchase them. Does that get unlocked later in the game?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Hockles posted:

While finishing some missions, I see that Martin appears missing an ear

Woah, could this be evidence that there's something happening offscreen that's going to be explained later a la TLAD and BOGT?

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

precision posted:

The whole soundtrack is full of best songs, but this is the best "best song":

No, this is the best song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwaygKjs2fI

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
Just had the best police radio dispatch. "Uuuuuhhhhh, where's Vinewood?"

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

A124! posted:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Is the music that plays during the ending half of "Hood Safari" on the soundtrack? I'm really interested in getting it.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

DrNutt posted:

It probably makes me some kind of dumb hipster but I've done the same thing. I just can't resist those big manly beards. Also everyone must wear aviators, everyone. I also really dig that despite the varying fashions of the player characters, it's possible for me to dress pretty much all of them out of my own personal wardrobe if I choose.

Yeah, they always have sunglasses on.

I got some cool jackets for Michael and Franklin, but for Trevor I bought the suit at the discount store that kinda looks like a plaid version of the one in Napoleon Dynamite. I wanted to get cheap suits for all three of them but it looks like Trevor is the only one with that option.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Hatbox Ghost posted:

Woah, could this be evidence that there's something happening offscreen that's going to be explained later a la TLAD and BOGT?

Not really, because when you see that Trevor tells Martin that if he mistreats his wife, he'll come back for the other ear.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I'm pretty annoyed that the awesome ambient track that plays during the pause menu isn't included as part of the score.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I'm thinking about deleting my save and starting over. I beat story mode lastnight, bought every property and toy I wanted, totally pimped a veyron. I kind of want to play through again using cheaper labor for jobs and stuff. I dunno, I'll think it over while I watch Heat.

e: gently caress I hate trying to lose cops in hick town.

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 25, 2013

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Is there any ambient music when you're just swimming around underwater in free roam? I've been swimming around for hours and haven't heard anything. It feels like a missed opportunity considering that they likely could have produced a great underwater ambient track right up there with Jolly Roger Bay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sartana
Jun 8, 2013

fps_bill posted:

I'm thinking about deleting my save and starting over. I beat story mode lastnight, bought every property and toy I wanted, totally pimped a veyron. I kind of want to play through again using cheaper labor for jobs and stuff. I dunno, I'll think it over while I watch Heat.

Recent Rockstar games have had me immediately wanting to replay the game after I finish, it's kind of awesome. It reminds me of that rare movie that I want to watch it again right after I'm done. I was thinking about trying to replay three times focusing on a different character, doing as many missions as possible from their perspective and only doing the bare minimum with the other characters, but I don't have the time for that. Definitely going to go another run after I wait a while so I don't get burnt out.

• Locked thread