Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

T. Finninho posted:

lol someone please go back and find the highest serious prediction posted itt, I may have to give that person a custom title reflecting their incredible stupidity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Pissflaps posted:

Um it's a long season and we don't have all the entries in yet.

Actually new submissions haven't been allowed for quite some time? If any absentee ballots from are brave men fighting overseas happen to show up I may honor them, but otherwise new entries will be denied

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Shoren posted:

Jozy's gonna go 1 in 2 and score 19 goals.

you cant search for 20 cause of the year which has 20 in it, and will for the next few years i think, so I think this person (that i quoted) should be banned for sure

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Well that

T. Finninho posted:

There is no deadline, vote away

will disappoint some people but it's ok because I don't really consider this thread anything more than an opportunity to take the piss out of a USMNT player :D

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

T. Finninho posted:

Actually new submissions haven't been allowed for quite some time? If any absentee ballots from are brave men fighting overseas happen to show up I may honor them, but otherwise new entries will be denied

Jozy or Dempsey don't have an account here Finn, I don't they'll vote on this here.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Lets check the Jozycam

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Pissflaps posted:

Well that

will disappoint some people but it's ok because I don't really consider this thread anything more than an opportunity to take the piss out of a USMNT player :D

That was more for that specific user, but yes I have been lax with rules in the past, I will admit to that. However I think we're good now on entries, and it's all meaningless anyway, he's not going to score if I allowed voting until matchday 38

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I'm really hoping he'll get that own goal though.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Hit Man posted:

He will score 24 and get that Gareth Bale :10bux::10bux::10bux:

Seems like a poor prediction this.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I think Jozy's time in Holland qualifies as Gaslighting. He Gaslit Sunderland into spending 12 million lbs. on him. Lol.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

vaginal culture posted:

I think Jozy's time in Holland qualifies as Gaslighting. He Gaslit Sunderland into spending 12 million lbs. on him. Lol.

paid a pound for each of his

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Jota posted:

paid a pound for each of his

Pound for pound, he's one of the worst signings.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

He belongs in the pound, he's dog poo poo.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
If he was a dog he would have been put down already.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

If he was a dog he would have been put down already.

Or a racehorse.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

vaginal culture posted:

He belongs in the pound, he's dog poo poo.

someone make a sarah mclachlan vid to get jozy adopted by a good manager so he can score goals

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I think a lot of USMNT posters who so avidly defended Jozy have some explaining to do. A real come to Jesus moment is necessary imo. The cognitive dissonance can't last much longer, we have HD footage of how bad he is.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
I just rewatched Snatch and the scene with Tyrone running away from the thugs reminded me a lot of Jozy trying to get away from defenders, with a perfect allegory of the dogs/rabbit thrown in there too. Guy Ritchie is a bit of a football visionary I think, he also did the Nike ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exNvf8uZ6lk

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

vaginal culture posted:

I think a lot of USMNT posters who so avidly defended Jozy have some explaining to do. A real come to Jesus moment is necessary imo. The cognitive dissonance can't last much longer, we have HD footage of how bad he is.

Us fans will continue to support him as long as he keeps scoring for the national team.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
If only TinyfuckingislandMNT played in the premier league.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

If only TinyfuckingislandMNT played in the premier league.

Uhh, Chris wondowlowski is the minnow slayer thank you very much:colbert:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Crunkjuice posted:

Us fans will continue to support him as long as he keeps scoring for the national team.

He is awful for the national team as well, which makes me think they aren't sport likers/knowers.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
He just needs time to adjust to the league imo.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
he should sign for the Timbers imo, I would welcome that

Carrier
May 12, 2009

I said 8 goals im real dumb wtf 8 i must have been high as hell

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

vaginal culture posted:

He is awful for the national team as well, which makes me think they aren't sport likers/knowers.

Jozy "represented" his country in the last World Cup, and probably will in the next one too, for reasons that are beyond my ability to comprehend. I'd think we could get a #17 shirt taped to a training cone or something more useful. World class.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Antares posted:

for reasons that are beyond my ability to comprehend.

The USMNT is a bad team

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
reminder that at the last World Cup Jozy was objectively worse in a similar role than Rory Fallon of New Zealand (so had far worse service than Jozy from midfield) who at the time was 'starring' for Plymouth Argyle Reserves

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

The USMNT is a bad team

Someone has to be king of poo poo mountain. Might as well be jozy.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Crunkjuice posted:

Someone has to be king of poo poo mountain. Might as well be jozy.

Jozy is maybe the 3rd best forward on a bad team. Eddie Johnson is in fact tremendously superior.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Hegav posted:

Seems like a poor prediction this.

Jozy Altiscore might not reach my lofty prediction of 24 (twenty four) goals in his first year at Sunderland A.F.C. But Jozy Altidore is currently the hopes and dreams of the USMNT. I'm rooting for him along with all of the fans of Jozy Altidore. Be it the Barclay's Premier League or janitorial duties.

https://medium.com/sports-page/46c5c30cd313

quote:

Upon meeting Altidore, two things are immediately apparent: 1. He has the upper body strength of Bruce Banner gone mad, one reason why it’s so difficult to take him down in the box, and 2. He’s the soccer star America has dreamed of. Powerful, quick and with a supernatural fire in his belly to score. A man with a plan.

The United States could have done a lot worse than find a superstar in Altidore. A well-spoken young man with a smile that could melt any girl’s heart and a hearty laugh that you could pick out of a crowd, Altidore makes money off his physical skills, but has won fans with his charisma and character.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Carrier posted:

I said 8 goals im real dumb wtf 8 i must have been high as hell

Much like your prediction.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

quote:

The United States could have done a lot worse than find a superstar in Altidore

idk they could have found a competent footballer

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Jozy loves his Nandos

https://twitter.com/jozyaltidore/status/382198759935188992

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
well if he's going to be sitting down for around 90 minutes or so on the weekend he might as well do it in an environment where he can eat some nice spicy chicken with friends or family in place of some lucozade with Phil Bardsley and Robbie Stockdale

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Yeah he does have a supernatural belly.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Jozy should be sent off every time he comes on the pitch for DOGSO to an actual striker

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Babby Thatcher posted:

idk they could have found a competent footballer

Really, there must be dozens of shitcloggers in the MLS who are worth a shot. One of them must be worth seeing if he's able to run in a straight line without falling over.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
I hope you are all reading jozy's weekly blog

quote:

SUNDERLAND, England -- Good morning, everyone. I just sat down for a little breakfast as I start my day and decided to break out the laptop to work on my latest blog entry.

I might as well start things off by addressing what everyone else has been discussing following Saturday's tough loss against Arsenal at the Stadium of Light. Yes, that would be the goal that wasn't a goal.

Honestly, there isn't much more that I can say that I've already said since the match. It was a situation where Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna and I were battling for the ball, I was able to fight him off, gain possession and finish the scoring opportunity. Unfortunately, the official didn't allow play to continue.

Of course, not getting my first Premier League goal of the season and helping my team pull even with Arsenal at the time was disappointing. But sometimes those things happen. It's part of the game. I've been in similar situations where I and/or my team have been the benefactor.

Unfortunately, that was one of those times a particular ruling didn't work in my team's favor. As a firm believer that all things even out in the long run, I am sure a similar situation will work in our favor at some point during the campaign. Until then, I will keep working hard and remain confident in myself, knowing the goals will come.

Moving on, I did get to witness something pretty amazing this past weekend. My mother, who was visiting from Florida with my brother, Janak, and my niece, Aaliyah, and I got up early Sunday and decided to go watch the BUPA Great North Run.

Being new to the region, I had never heard of the race but was immediately blown away by the mass of people partaking in it. The road race is actually the second-largest half marathon in the world, with somewhere in the neighborhood of 54,000 people competing in the annual event in the northeast of England.

That's like selling out a match at the Stadium of Light and having 5,000 others stuck outside not being able to get in the venue. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that's a whole lot of people! To say what my mom and I were able to witness was cool would be an understatement. It was beyond impressive to see firsthand so many people from around the world competing in such a massive race.

On that note, it's time for me to sign off and get ready for a training session in preparation for Saturday's match on the road at West Bromwich Albion. Obviously, our goal for this match is the same one we carry into every contest -- get a win and three points. So hopefully we're able to put together a strong performance and accomplish the task in front of us.

Until next week, my friends ...

jozy knows goals will come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Antares posted:

Really, there must be dozens of shitcloggers in the MLS who are worth a shot. One of them must be worth seeing if he's able to run in a straight line without falling over.

They could get a mediocre striker from MLS...Robbie Keane and Thierry Henry cost too much though.

• Locked thread