Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

GD_American posted:

Er it said he was taking over as Enforcer, it didn't really say anything about making him a Phase Sixer. Unless I missed something.

Also the green glow from Brainstorm's chest was probably him just smuggling the spark back onboard.

Wait. Doesn't Exposure to a point one percenter's spark at birth basically kill them? I seem to remember back in Last Stand of the Wreckers, some Senate dude telling the ones who found Overlord's spark that they only had like six days to live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah it was implied if you're exposed to the "first flash" you die, but then again that was millions of years ago so maybe they fixed it or something. I assume medical care in underground pits wasn't exactly the best in senate era cybertron.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
It was also six hours.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Point_One_Percenter

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
We see Brainstorm putting the spark in himself in this issue. The prose story just reinforces it. Hes making himself a phase sixer.

Great issue. Great great issue.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Veg posted:

We see Brainstorm putting the spark in himself in this issue. The prose story just reinforces it. Hes making himself a phase sixer.

Great issue. Great great issue.

Brainstorm's been established as having been constructed Cold, right? Because otherwise that theory seems dubious. I think he was, though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

This man (woman?) has it. I was doing the arms like Springer and instead they stay long and relatively loose. Hmm. It's amazing the amount of retooling between the two bots and how much ends up being different.

I got the gun in, it really does just click in, but you have to find the sweet spot. It looks kinda clunky sitting there, until you sit it on a flat surface and that VTOL mode suddenly looks very hefty:

I just don't like that gun, especially the way it's "supposed" to attach. Seems almost an afterthought. Springer seems to have two perfectly good weapons to Sandstorm's shotgun rocket launcher or whatever that thing is.

It turns out that I wasn't shifting the whole top portion forward properly, I was leaving it in dune buggy mode while it was a VTOL. I am SMRT. Now that I know to do it properly, I'm much happier with that mode. I'm just not a fan of floppy veetles I guess. :shobon:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

Brainstorm's been established as having been constructed Cold, right? Because otherwise that theory seems dubious. I think he was, though.
Yes, he was afflicted by the kill switch. Having a green spark does not make you a phase sixer and it's likely he's doing something far weirder. Kinda weird that's what people got out of the whole dumb Overlord flashback thing.

That reminds me, I really appreciated that Roberts really hammered home the point that forged can be just as evil, if not more, than other Autobots. Pharma was/is straight hosed up. Poor First Aid, though.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
The thing that was most heartwrenching / the biggest dick move was that Tailgate was basically 2 weeks old when the comic started.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Spiderdrake posted:

Yes, he was afflicted by the kill switch. Having a green spark does not make you a phase sixer and it's likely he's doing something far weirder. Kinda weird that's what people got out of the whole dumb Overlord flashback thing.

That reminds me, I really appreciated that Roberts really hammered home the point that forged can be just as evil, if not more, than other Autobots. Pharma was/is straight hosed up. Poor First Aid, though.

Well yeah, it doesn't. But aren't point one percenters the only ones who survive the process that turns them into a phase sixer?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Terry van Feleday's CineD thread is back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I've been telling people bout this for MONTHS. I'm so excited.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
BBTS put up Rhinox and Doubledealer for preorder, listing them as expected in November, so it looks like we're not facing a Q4 drought after all.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

SpikeMcclane posted:

The thing that was most heartwrenching / the biggest dick move was that Tailgate was basically 2 weeks old when the comic started.

It certainly explains his holomatter avatar, doesn't it?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RaspberryCommie posted:

Well yeah, it doesn't. But aren't point one percenters the only ones who survive the process that turns them into a phase sixer?
There's a small group of point one percenters that can undertake the procedure, yeah. I think when Magnus defined a difference between load bearer and uh, high impact or something I don't have the issue in front of me, Roberts was hinting at the differences.

It also requires Rossum and the material used to make them and does not technically make phase sixers (though that's just me wishing Roberts would give the enhanced 'cons a better name, since "phase sixers" is a reference to the group that followed the warriors elite). And besides, I don't think you fuse your spark with other sparks to become a different kind of spark. I think we're going to see Brainstorm make something not yet in IDW canon.

Keldroc posted:

BBTS put up Rhinox and Doubledealer for preorder, listing them as expected in November, so it looks like we're not facing a Q4 drought after all.
The pattern of "promise saturation Q1, stuff shows up for the holidays" has repeated every year in some manner or the other.

Of course BBTS can say whatever.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

I wish I had a better quality version of this image but someone pointed this conversation out from a previous issue.

Such a hilarious little detail to call back to.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Podges posted:

I wish I had a better quality version of this image but someone pointed this conversation out from a previous issue.

Such a hilarious little detail to call back to.

I did remember that; I think it's also a programming joke even if you don't remember it. Misplace a semicolon and the drat thing just won't compile.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So what ever happened to Drift anyways?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SlothfulCobra posted:

Fell on his sword(s).

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

SlothfulCobra posted:

He just... drifted away...

(I'm so sorry)

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

SlothfulCobra posted:

He died on his way back to his home planet.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

He never leaped home.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

He'll be back. Hes a Decepticon deserter and we are coming back to a story about a gang of thugs who kill deserters.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Holy snap. I was browsing the TVtropes for MTMTE (I kmow, I know, but sometimes they find cool stuff) and they found cool stuff:

Issue 16, when Ultra Magnus died on the Hell's Point, he was smiling. When he died at Clemency, his symbol was crooked and he let someone call him "Mags". And when he died on Simanzi, he was covered in grime.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Phy posted:

Holy snap. I was browsing the TVtropes for MTMTE (I kmow, I know, but sometimes they find cool stuff) and they found cool stuff:

Issue 16, when Ultra Magnus died on the Hell's Point, he was smiling. When he died at Clemency, his symbol was crooked and he let someone call him "Mags". And when he died on Simanzi, he was covered in grime.

And it showed their fists closing.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I also noticed one thing just now. Empyrean Suite is a song that Skids hears in his mind, something revealed in his session with Chromedome, I forget which issue. Then Ratchet reveals in #16 that the Empyrean Suite is Ultra Magnus' favorite. So it's not that hard to put two and two together.

I don't know why the nudge gun didn't erased the memory of the song.

As for the Phase Sixer talk, I'm thinking that Brainstorm's doing the research into that now. He probably knows about the whatever ingredient used to make the Phase Sixers from Chromedome, and given that Brainstorm has probably worked with less, he might be using that point one percenter to make the autobot Phase Sixer that Prowl wants.

So many plot hooks for "Season Two". Rodimus is the one required to find the Knights in order to save Cybertron, at least according to Drift. Pharma's body is stolen by whatever Skids went to. The Spark Skids spoke to spoke of Luna 1, or something that shared Luna 1's pattern on the dark side. Tyrest's up and running, Brainstorm's point one percenter + Prowl wants Phase Sixer. Someone opened Brainstorm's briefcase and Brainstorm has tasked Swerve to find out who did it and probably figure out why he's not missing a head right now. Am I missing anything?

˅˅˅ I got no excuse, sorry.

Iced Cocoa fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 26, 2013

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Thanks for the spoilers, guys!

^^^ Edit: All good! :)

X13Fen fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 26, 2013

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Iced Cocoa posted:

I also noticed one thing just now. Empyrean Suite is a song that Skids hears in his mind, something revealed in his session with Chromedome, I forget which issue. Then Ratchet reveals in #16 that the Empyrean Suite is Ultra Magnus' favorite. So it's not that hard to put two and two together.

I don't know why the nudge gun didn't erased the memory of the song.

As for the Phase Sixer talk, I'm thinking that Brainstorm's doing the research into that now. He probably knows about the whatever ingredient used to make the Phase Sixers from Chromedome, and given that Brainstorm has probably worked with less, he might be using that point one percenter to make the autobot Phase Sixer that Prowl wants.

So many plot hooks for "Season Two". Rodimus is the one required to find the Knights in order to save Cybertron, at least according to Drift. Pharma's body is stolen by whatever Skids went to. The Spark Skids spoke to spoke of Luna 1, or something that shared Luna 1's pattern on the dark side. Tyrest's up and running, Brainstorm's point one percenter + Prowl wants Phase Sixer. Someone opened Brainstorm's briefcase and Brainstorm has tasked Swerve to find out who did it and probably figure out why he's not missing a head right now. Am I missing anything?

˅˅˅ I got no excuse, sorry.

Tarn listens to the song too.

Interesting that DJD has an Autobot infiltrator and one of the previous Magnus liked listening to the song too.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

MP Soundwave has been removed from TRU's site. If you didn't get one yet...might not be looking good.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
MTME #21 Cyclonus and Tailgate are completely adorbs, which is something I never thought I'd say about a scowly robot and a robot with no face. Tailgate made him a new horn! :kimchi:

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Uber Kosh posted:

Thanks for the spoilers, guys!

^^^ Edit: All good! :)

To be fair, this is BSS. If the book has been released, then spoilers are fair game.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MB13 posted:

To be fair, this is BSS. If the book has been released, then spoilers are fair game.
The BSS spoiler rule is (I presume) set the way it is because most threads follow the comics exclusively and day of. Here, you have a fair number of posters who only read trades and want to read the thread for other reasons in the meantime. So using spoiler tags here is a way to be polite to that group of trade readers. So yeah, it isn't against the rules, but no reason to not be nice. We're all buddies here, right?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Seconding this, I only read trades, and I don't mind at all if this thread looks like an NSA redacted document for a while as people post about new issues, but I'm really trying to steer clear of spoilers. :kiddo:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I have only read trades for over 15 years now, but I admit that I have picked up individual issues of MTMTE and RiD from time to time just to follow the arcs that people really flip out about. Only individual comic issues of anything I've bought since the late '90s.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The next wave of Generations Deluxes (Skids, Waspinator, Goldbug, Dreadwing) now has a November release date on BBTS, so I guess start looking in stores at the tail end of October?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

It amazes me that they're actually going to finish putting out Classics(ish) versions of all the G1 Autobot Cars. Never thought they'd get that far.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
As a grown-rear end man who enjoys transforming robot children's toys and video games, I saw those spoilers, went "oh well" and didn't change my plans to read and enjoy the comic book that was just spoiled at all.

(I understand it's polite and I try not to spoil things myself, but it's always struck me as odd how some people can get bent out of shap over such a trivial thing.)

\/\/\/ Yeah man I've been here for years, I just can't wrap my head around how anyone could care also much about it. I'm not looking to upset anyone or spoil anything.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 28, 2013

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

As a grown-rear end man who enjoys transforming robot children's toys and video games, I saw those spoilers, went "oh well" and didn't change my plans to read and enjoy the comic book that was just spoiled at all.

(I understand it's polite and I try not to spoil things myself, but it's always struck me as odd how some people can get bent out of shap over such a trivial thing.)

Have you not been to the Internet at all? People get livid over stupid trivial things all the time. The Transformers fandom is horrible regarding this, and I'd say gamers are even worse. Nerds treat their nerd poo poo like its the most important thing in the world and if somebody releases a video game from a series they like that sucks or something its like they squashed a bag full of puppies under a tank.

I'm pretty terrible regarding spoilers though and I often can't help myself and will click the black text. I used to read up all the spoilers of movies before they even came out. I don't really do that anymore, because I sorta stopped getting that excited for movies and caring all that much.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'm not a big spoiler guy either but someone complaining about spoilers of a comic book released two days ago probably doesn't deserve to be compared to some of the dumb poo poo this fandom does and says.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

GD_American posted:

I'm not a big spoiler guy either but someone complaining about spoilers of a comic book released two days ago probably doesn't deserve to be compared to some of the dumb poo poo this fandom does and says.

Yeah, you're right. Although I'm not really pointing fingers at anybody in the thread, I'm just saying fandoms do dumb poo poo sometimes. Now that I go back and look at my post it really does come across that way.

I do think you should at least be courteous and use spoiler tags as its just being considerate of others, but sometimes people get CRAZY ANGRY over spoilers. Nobody here did, but it happens sometimes. Usually they're Harry Potter fans. I'm just noting that it's really weird that people get mad when they find out Snape killed Dumbledore. I mean you were gonna find out later, anyway!

I'm sort of going off on a tangent.

But yeah MTMTE21 was a good fuckin' book. I totally expected Roberts to kill everybody, but everybody lived happily ever after, pretty much. Pleasantly surprised! And Ultra Magnus didn't die!

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
How about we set a statute of limitations on marking spoilers? Maybe a week or two after release? Or until the next issue is out?

Over in the Doctor Who thread there are some absolute shitfits thrown over spoilers. So much so, we have a separate thread just for spoilers. We don't need that here, but an acceptable limit would be nice, to allow people to catch up. For example, comics don't come out in the UK till Thursday, so that extra 24 hours can be a terrible wait.