Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

PlantRobot posted:

Pitchfork gives it a solid 4.

I still can't unsee it saying "Nolfordier." I was so confused at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
Pictures taken right before a disaster:

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5BdyIGtYcg

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

I don't know what I just watched, but I'm grateful that you showed me it.

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Gaunab posted:

I don't know what I just watched, but I'm grateful that you showed me it.

That was 3mins, 17secs of my brain saying 'whut?'

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

HULK HOGAN META SHOES

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
That's not the Hulkster brother, whoever that is has knees and hips that still bend.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Hey, it's Heidi from Twin Peaks

Ockhams Crowbar
May 7, 2007
Always the simplest solution.

Huh, that's weird. A radium that gets rid of bugs?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

We need to Start a kickstarter fund to mail these to confirmed bronies.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Ockhams Crowbar posted:

Huh, that's weird. A radium that gets rid of bugs?

:golfclap:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Modern Drunkard Magazine posted:

A very green rookie wrestler named Hulk Hogan toured Japan several times with Andre and witnessed the Giant’s alcohol consumption first hand. According to Hogan, Andre drank, at a minimum, a case of tall boys during each bus ride. When he finished a can Andre would belch, crush the can in his dinner-platter-sized hand, and bounce the empty off the back of Hogan’s head. Hogan learned to count each thunk, so he could anticipate when Andre was running low. Whenever the bus stopped, it was Hogan’s job to scamper off to the nearest store, buy as many cases of beer as he could carry, and make it back before the bus departed, a sight that never failed to make Andre roar his bassoon-like laugh.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Memento1979 posted:

That's not the Hulkster brother, whoever that is has knees and hips that still bend.

My step-grandmother was Hogan's anesthesiologist for one of his knee replacements back in the late 90's-early 00's. She said she wasn't technically supposed to say, but it isn't every day you get to work on a D-list celebrity.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Vorgen posted:

We need to Start a kickstarter fund to mail these to confirmed bronies.

Considering many bronies love "Cupcakes", I'm sure this would have the opposite of the desired effect.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Lawlicaust posted:

Considering many bronies love "Cupcakes", I'm sure this would have the opposite of the desired effect.

I briefly considered finding out why the word Cupcakes is in quotes. Then I decided I'm probably way happier not knowing.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Blistex posted:

Hogan words

It's a nice quote but Hulk Hogan is a huge loving liar so more likely than not Andre couldn't even drink a single beer without tossing.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

FishBulb posted:

It's a nice quote but Hulk Hogan is a huge loving liar so more likely than not Andre couldn't even drink a single beer without tossing.

Well, there's also the story about his alcoholism helping doctors. When he was undergoing an operation, the anesthetist had no idea how to deal with knocking out a man as huge as Andre the Giant. So he asked how much beer it takes for him to get drunk and extrapolated from that, which worked.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

AFewBricksShy posted:

I briefly considered finding out why the word Cupcakes is in quotes. Then I decided I'm probably way happier not knowing.

Honest to god you just dodged the worst bullet in the world, please keep it that way

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

death .cab for qt posted:

Honest to god you just dodged the worst bullet in the world, please keep it that way

I have no self control. :negative:.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FishBulb posted:

Cleretic posted:

Well, there's also the story about his alcoholism helping doctors. When he was undergoing an operation, the anesthetist had no idea how to deal with knocking out a man as huge as Andre the Giant. So he asked how much beer it takes for him to get drunk and extrapolated from that, which worked.

It's true, from various sources other than Hogan

http://www.drunkard.com/issues/10_06/10_06_andre_giant.html

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

When did the Hulkster join the Grove Street Family?

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

particle409 posted:

Looks like the Cowardly Lion's medal didn't work so well after all :(

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Hulk Hogan, neat shoes

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

"Good."

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Scarf posted:

"Good."

"Good."

Zapdos
Nov 13, 2010

"The fan who was struck by the bat (in the green t-shirt)suffered a broken rib."

Wait what? It hit him right in the jaw.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Zapdos posted:

"The fan who was struck by the bat (in the green t-shirt)suffered a broken rib."

Wait what? It hit him right in the jaw.

Looks like the tip of the bat hit the dudes chest, the handle swinging round immediately after impact, hitting him in the jaw. If it says he broke a rib, it's probably because he broke a rib.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Does anyone have a link to the thread where that picture was discussed in detail? I remember laughing my rear end off while reading it, and I'd like to re-experience that (although pictures would probably be broken).

The Jabberwocky
May 31, 2006

At least it worked.

Rhyno posted:

It's true, from various sources other than Hogan

http://www.drunkard.com/issues/10_06/10_06_andre_giant.html

Holy poo poo, that was a really good read. I'm not a wrestling guy, but drat, what a human being that guy was.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

particle409 posted:

The Mariners were playing baseball. This is a picture taken during a disaster. :colbert:

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

I guess sort of nws so I'll timg it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zapdos
Nov 13, 2010

Astrobastard posted:

Looks like the tip of the bat hit the dudes chest, the handle swinging round immediately after impact, hitting him in the jaw. If it says he broke a rib, it's probably because he broke a rib.

Ah ok. Just wondering how it happened.

E: Haha even the baby is diving away from it

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

This is one of my favorite photographs of all time. Every single person's reaction tells a slightly different story, from the happy guy, to the serene baby, to the weird kid who seems to not have noticed anything happened.

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine

Macasaurus posted:

I guess sort of nws so I'll timg it

Haha, "sorta nws". Dudes blowing each other is sorta nws.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bruiser posted:

There's also a triple decker dogchain on the right there. :ssh:
Man, that park is lively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Bruiser posted:

I recall seeing a 4chan screencap of a guy calling that picture a fake because he recognized the gay blowjob from a different picture which was then provided as proof. Alas, I don't have it at hand.

• Locked thread