Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Eddain posted:

That Scribblenauts Unmasked game seems pretty limited. I've cleared the first four areas and the objectives are either really obtuse or restrictive in how the game actually wants you to win. If you try to get too creative you tend to fail the mission.

Welcome to Scribblenauts. This is why I've never gotten into the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

njsykora posted:

But it's such a great concept. I wish someone else was in charge of the level design.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/25/visit-malta-kingdom-fight-monsters-world-dragon-quest-monsters-2/ :toot:

More screenshots of a cool game most of you can't play.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Oh god damnit.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

njsykora posted:

In my experience that wasn't the case for Super Scribb and is only a bit more so in Scribb Unlim. In the latter I had to give a geek in prison someone from nerd culture he'd get along with for a roommate and I wrote "atheist" to clown on Reddit and it accepted it!

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!

the US will get it one day... right?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

crazkylo posted:

the US will get it one day... right?

I keep telling myself this when I see Attack on Titan footage. It just makes me so sad realizing it will NEVER be released here.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:

noirstronaut posted:

I keep telling myself this when I see Attack on Titan footage. It just makes me so sad realizing it will NEVER be released here.

SO glad I bought the Japanese 3DS.

If I buy Monster Hunter 4 or Pokemon X/Y in the eShop, can I download and play them now? Or do I have to wait for the official release, which is like October 12 or something?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Arcaeris posted:

SO glad I bought the Japanese 3DS.

If I buy Monster Hunter 4 or Pokemon X/Y in the eShop, can I download and play them now? Or do I have to wait for the official release, which is like October 12 or something?

I would guess it all depends on the JP release date, which is probably on the eShop page (or Google).

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Can't wait for the eventual Japanese 2DS release. Come onnnnnn trademark you gotta pay off!

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Arcaeris posted:

You can buy and play MH4 right now. It was released about two weeks ago.

You can't buy Pokemon yet - the games just got a pages on the store this week, but you can't actually pay for or download them until the release date.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh hey, a Bravely Default trailer in English, FF12 voice acting and all.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Arcaeris posted:

Pokemon is a worldwide release. Usually by now the games are out in Japan and every nook and cranny has been explored. On the 11th at 11am eastern the download will become available since that's midnight in Japan. Just be ready for around 2 hours of download time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Terper posted:

Huh, the music is by the guy who did the openings for Attack on Titan, weird.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

noirstronaut posted:

Dragon Warrior 7.

I'm still holding out hope.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

noirstronaut posted:

If the anime series gets localized, the game might be too. A couple of Fullmetal Alchemist games got localized, so it's not completely impossible.

SkuttyB
Nov 5, 2010

I just got an XL today and I want to transfer my settings over from my old 3DS, but will that screw me over from accessing the Pokémon Dream World with my Black 2 cart? Since its meant to be tied to the system will it be forced to make a new pairing?

Also I didnt have an Animal Crossing code to enter when I registered the XL on Club Nintendo, am I out of luck for getting that now if I happen to get one?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SkuttyB posted:

I just got an XL today and I want to transfer my settings over from my old 3DS, but will that screw me over from accessing the Pokémon Dream World with my Black 2 cart? Since its meant to be tied to the system will it be forced to make a new pairing?

Also I didnt have an Animal Crossing code to enter when I registered the XL on Club Nintendo, am I out of luck for getting that now if I happen to get one?

I didn't have to change anything with my copy of White 2 after transferring. It was the first thing I did when I got my black XL thinking I may as well get the process over with and nothing happened.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Dehry posted:

I didn't have to change anything with my copy of White 2 after transferring. It was the first thing I did when I got my black XL thinking I may as well get the process over with and nothing happened.

Bought the new Limited Edition Pokemon XL today, to finally upgrade my normal 3ds. Is there really any reason to keep my old 3ds these days? With the Pokemon online storage that is coming out, I'm curious on if that will elimate the need for 2 systems.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

^^^ I hated the original 3DS. I sold mine at a yard sale and I purchased an XL the week it came out.

SkuttyB posted:

Tied to system. When you connect to the DW (or try to), you'll be locked out for 24 hours as of the attempt. Your Pal-Pad will also be wiped clean and you'll get a new Friend Code as well.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Solvency posted:

Bought the new Limited Edition Pokemon XL today, to finally upgrade my normal 3ds. Is there really any reason to keep my old 3ds these days? With the Pokemon online storage that is coming out, I'm curious on if that will elimate the need for 2 systems.

Trade evolutions. The number of Gen V games are slowly going to dwindle, and they'll probably revamp the online service so it can't be spoofed for a long while (especially since they're making you pay 5bux to use it.) Other than that, sentimental value, or maybe having a backup just in case something happens to the XL. Nintendo would still transfer your purchases back to the old unit.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Dehry posted:

Trade evolutions. The number of Gen V games are slowly going to dwindle, and they'll probably revamp the online service so it can't be spoofed for a long while (especially since they're making you pay 5bux to use it.) Other than that, sentimental value, or maybe having a backup just in case something happens to the XL. Nintendo would still transfer your purchases back to the old unit.

With GTS being able to be searched for ANY Pokemon, not just ones in your dex, trade evolutions can be done easily. The tricky ones are just a few of the dumb held items-while-trading like Magmortar.

There's a Pokemon thread here that probably for more info on new gen stuff: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516989

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 27, 2013

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Dehry posted:

Yeah, I have a DS Lite (With the GBA slot) for doing that. We don't know yet if there will be trade evos for Gen V, but I'm sure there will be some work around.

Another note... is the Leather Case mentioned in the OP still the goto Case for the XL or is there something better these days? http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Case-holds-Cartridges-Nintendo-DS/dp/B003QWYX8E

Edit: Now this is annoying... all my progress in the downloaded Streetpass games are gone after transfering... ugh.

Solvency fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 27, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I've come across a really weird glitch on Scribblenauts Unmasked. When I write Hal Jordan(debut) the game crashes and reboots my 3DS. Anyone else has gotten this?

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Solvency posted:

Free and unlimited StreetPasses without router tinkering. :v:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I've come across a really weird glitch on Scribblenauts Unmasked. When I write Hal Jordan(debut) the game crashes and reboots my 3DS. Anyone else has gotten this?

There's a Hal Jordan is the worst Green Lantern joke in here somewhere.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Professor Wayne posted:

There's a Hal Jordan is the worst Green Lantern joke in here somewhere.

Hal Jordan IS the joke. Also you'll notice the coding on that bug being inputed by a G. Gardner.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I'm going to get a 16 GB SD card for my XL so I can download Pokemon X on launch day. What brands should I look out for/avoid? I know that people have had trouble with the Sandisk 32 GB but is the 16 GB fine :ohdear:

Dec 26, 2012

I just put a 16GB Sandisk into my non-XL and it worked fine.

SkuttyB
Nov 5, 2010

I have a 16GB Sandisk and Ive had no problems with it, altho XL-wise its only been a few hours so far

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Somewhat ironically, I have never heard of anyone having trouble with a Sony brand SD card, and they occasionally go on sale for Sandisk prices.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
Now that I know I can buy stuff from the eShop, this is awesome. Importing games is such a time consuming process, but thankfully all the ones I want are for sale on the eShop. Hopefully Bravely Default will be, but so far Tales, Monohan, Millenium Girl, and Pokemon are all there. Even DQ7 and DQM are, but I didn't know so I bought carts.

How big of a card do I need?

krush
Nov 19, 2011

ALL SYSTEMS HAVE BEEN RIPPED!

Arcaeris posted:

Nothing below 16GB if you're going to go all digital. I know one of the largest games is SMT IV, and it's around 2GB.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Arcaeris posted:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Terper posted:

Sounds like Square is doing the voicework... which makes me sad, as they haven't really been on the ball with their recent voice direction. :negative:

Bravely Default English Trailer posted:

Tiz Arrior

But at least they make up for it with these lame fantastic punny names. :allears: It's like they've taken a lesson from Nintendo's localization team, but I think the name is actually as Square intended. This game... :getin:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo UK people, today is officially "National Streetpass Day"! Will that increase your chances of getting a streetpass hit today? Probably not!

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yo UK people, today is officially "National Streetpass Day"! Will that increase your chances of getting a streetpass hit today? Probably not!

It will if you go to one of those two locations Nintendo is at.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What's the Harvest Moon game to pick up for this system? I think I've seen a couple out there, (was there a new one recently?) My girlfriend and I just discovered we both love the series and we wanted to check out some new ventures since we haven't played one since SNES or N64/PS2.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!

Kingtheninja posted:

What's the Harvest Moon game to pick up for this system? I think I've seen a couple out there, (was there a new one recently?) My girlfriend and I just discovered we both love the series and we wanted to check out some new ventures since we haven't played one since SNES or N64/PS2.

You want A New Beginning, not a Tale of Two Towns. Rune Factory 4 also comes out on October 1st, if you would like the dungeon crawling/fantasy elements. RF4 is also the first of that series to have the choice of a female protagonist with male bachelors (New Beginning has the same), which your girlfriend will probably appreciate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
They both sound perfect, near the end of my time playing HM I was starting to just mine ore and stuff like that, so I'll look into RF.

• Locked thread