Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Shrinkage posted:

This should be spoilered.

now i know no one died at the end

I wouldn't be so sure of that if I were you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
So I might have missed an answer to this but I can't find one (maybe there isn't one yet) - If I create a multiplayer character on my save - does that character become the multiplayer character for all save files or can each xbox live account have multiple online characters?

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007
drat I'm jealous. I've never been able to access BAWSAQ as it says it's always down and I've never seen my socialclub stats on the R* site get updated.

Is this happening for heaps of people or am I just dumb and am doing something dumb?

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

R* needs to get with a GPS company to work on pathfinding.

I'm going from the big highway in the city to the highway taking me north. It should suggest the red line, not the purple one.

edit: The same with city driving. GPS always gives you some weird zig-zag directions. It'll have you turn left/right five times in a row instead of just going down five blocks then over five.

Pivit fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 27, 2013

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Pivit posted:

I'm going from the big highway in the city to the highway taking me north. It should suggest the red line, not the purple one.

edit: The same with city driving. GPS always gives you some weird zig-zag directions. It'll have you turn left/right five times in a row instead of just going down five blocks then over five.

Stupid iFruit maps.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

There's a couple new cheats for the 360:

Slow Mo Y Left Right Right X RT RB <-- enter up to 4 times to increase the effect, fifth time disables

Moon Gravity Left Left LB RB LB Right Left LB Left

I am slow mo chaos dunking sticky bombs onto Prisuses while I MEGA BUNNY HOP a BMX bike around and it owns so loving hard

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pivit posted:

That's a feature, not a bug.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pivit posted:

GTA IV had the same issues, but they show up more in V because there are more freeways and the grid isn't as perfect as Liberty City's (so the navigation system finds routes that cut a corner and are thus shorter by a negligible amount). Another thing I’ve found it likes to do is have you cross a divided highway to exit on the wrong side.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Some type of proof that there is a 32-bit integer limit on cash.

MasonF
Aug 22, 2005

these bitches r kicking me?wow wook wookfuk u

MrFlibble posted:

So I might have missed an answer to this but I can't find one (maybe there isn't one yet) - If I create a multiplayer character on my save - does that character become the multiplayer character for all save files or can each xbox live account have multiple online characters?
I don't think anyone will know the answer to this until the 1st.
GTA Online hasn't launched yet.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Odette posted:

Some type of proof that there is a 32-bit integer limit on cash.

That’s a 31‐bit integer. :colbert:

But seriously, I would expect the limit to be 2 147 483 647 with a signed, 32‐bit integer in two’s complement form. :iiam:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

supermegaultra posted:

drat I'm jealous. I've never been able to access BAWSAQ as it says it's always down and I've never seen my socialclub stats on the R* site get updated.

Drive around or something for 5 minutes, then check, maybe? Tonight I tried accessing BAWSAW right away and it was telling me it was down for maintenance but I hosed around a bit and tried again and it worked. It's gotta get stuff in the background from Social Club, it doesn't seem to do it during load.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

MasonF posted:

I don't think anyone will know the answer to this until the 1st.
GTA Online hasn't launched yet.

Sorry I realise that I was just assuming that it would use a similar system to one of Rockstars other multiplayer games that I have not played. To be honest GTA V is the first video game I have played in years that wasn't on a handheld.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Platystemon posted:

That’s a 31‐bit integer. :colbert:

But seriously, I would expect the limit to be 2 147 483 647 with a signed, 32‐bit integer in two’s complement form. :iiam:

If you look at the amount that the character currently has, it's 2,147,483,647. From that thread that I linked, it seems that anything over that number gets discarded, so it's probably best practice to sell only what you need to reach the max.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I hope this is required by a heist at some point, because it was drat fun to pull off.

RoosterBrewster
Dec 30, 2009

Powershift posted:

I hope this is required by a heist at some point, because it was drat fun to pull off.

drat. I could barely do that skydiving mission to land on a moving truck and that took me like 20 tries.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.
So disappointed you can't hijack trains :(

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
I don't know if it's percentage-based or what, but I just had San Andreas Sightseer pop for me when I still obviously have (a few) patches of fog on the map.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there any way to permanently get access to scuba gear? I want to check out some underwater stuff without dealing with the submersible (which seems to have disappeared anyways :confused: ) I also want to check out the cargo plane that Trevor wrecked into the lake

Intrepid00 posted:

So disappointed you can't hijack trains :(

Pretty sure you can. You do it for at least one mission. I just can never get on the drat things because they are moving too fast. I'd be willing to bet there is a train station somewhere where you could do it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
No, you can't hijack trains. It only seems to be available to do in that mission.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

went up the spout again.

NESguerilla posted:

Is there any way to permanently get access to scuba gear? I want to check out some underwater stuff without dealing with the submersible (which seems to have disappeared anyways :confused: )

You get scuba gear with the Dinghy boat

There are a few locations.
In the Port of Los Santos, on the west side of Elysian Island.
By the barge under the Miriam Turner Overpass .
Southwest of the Post Op depository.
South side of the island by the dry docks.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

The Merry Marauder posted:

I don't know if it's percentage-based or what, but I just had San Andreas Sightseer pop for me when I still obviously have (a few) patches of fog on the map.

Yeah, it's probably around 95% of the map, not all of it. I know I still had a little patch left over the military base, and outside the coastline.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Does everyone else make sure to hit every one of those stupid yellow things in the middle of the road when you have to drive up the excruciatingly boring western edge of the map? If you aren't doing that poo poo in a race car it's a long loving drive.

And what's the deal with taking two of my characters and dumping BOTH of them off in the middle of goddamn nowhere after a mission. That poo poo is mean.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

There isn't anyway to retry the (random encounter)Packie encounter, is there? I didn't realize it was him at first and didn't put in much effort and failed it, I think.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

There isn't anyway to retry the (random encounter)Packie encounter, is there? I didn't realize it was him at first and didn't put in much effort and failed it, I think.

There is!

Just wait a few in-game days, and try driving past the encounter area as Franklin or Michael, and the encounter should respawn.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

And what's the deal with taking two of my characters and dumping BOTH of them off in the middle of goddamn nowhere after a mission. That poo poo is mean.

I think it eventually starts dumping you in places you haven't been to yet. Everyone keeps spawning on the tops of mountains for me at this point.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
What's the best way to raise strength? Is there some kinda underground fight club I can use?

along the way
Jan 18, 2009

Tokubetsu posted:

What's the best way to raise strength? Is there some kinda underground fight club I can use?

I think playing golf and tennis.

KILLALLNERDS.EXE
Oct 12, 2009
So all random encounters do respawn eventually if you fail them?

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

went up the spout again.

Tokubetsu posted:

Go punch cows, apparently. They don't call the police and since you have to chase them around the field your stamina goes up too.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Ha, some lady who got jacked called Trevor a "hipster rear end in a top hat". Guess Michael was right.

e: just in case

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

So I just failed the third triathlon. Came up to the beach on a bike, took the turn a little too wide, and experienced death by palm tree. I should be mad, but instead I couldn't stop laughing.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I'm blown away by the movies at the movie theatre. WTF at the loneliest robot though. I'm cracking up at that film.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Chard posted:

Ha, some lady who got jacked called Trevor a "hipster rear end in a top hat". Guess Michael was right.

e: just in case

In one of the transitions into trevor when you're switching characters, he's trying to get into a bar by the beach, and he says "i'm a hipster, it's ironic"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Never gently caress with a man on a golf cart.

I have no idea how I did this.

That ugly loving bike can be redone into something beautiful, and then lost due to a garage fuckup.

Even Trevor is astounded at how sweet this game looks.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Even Trevor is astounded at how sweet this game looks.

Just wanna say that if getting a handlebar mustache on Trevor wasn't the second thing you do as him (the first getting the gently caress COPS tattoo, of course) then you are not playing Trevor correctly.

Biggums
Oct 7, 2012

Who could have Murdered this Terrorist?

Odette posted:

I'm blown away by the movies at the movie theatre. WTF at the loneliest robot though. I'm cracking up at that film.

Wait, there's more than one movie?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Not to be missed. Major proclick.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

When I last saw him, Trevor was diving for nuclear waste. Upon returning to him, he was laying drunk in an alley on the other side of the map. Parked just outside was...

I'm impressed. And kinda terrified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Tokubetsu posted:

I like running around sucker punching people. I should rephrase that. I like sprinting everywhere and punching everyone in your path. You usually drop them in one hit and get their sweet $20. Sure you get a wanted star or two, but it's good practice for evading the cops on foot.

Dominic White posted:

When I last saw him, Trevor was diving for nuclear waste. Upon returning to him, he was laying drunk in an alley on the other side of the map. Parked just outside was...

This kind of stuff is hilarious. Franklin often shows up to my missions wearing a scuba or skydiving suit.

• Locked thread