Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Handen posted:

As a side note, where can I find that 'Get Ready For The Big Shoot-out' track? Apparently it was a crowd favourite.

The base "get ready for the big shootout" loop is from an arcade game from Chicago Coin, but it has been used in a number of goon mixes.
Actually, looking at the screenshots from earlier it might just have been the original base track you're talking about, which has ragtime-ish piano in one channel and the speech loop in the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Handen posted:

As a side note, where can I find that 'Get Ready For The Big Shoot-out' track? Apparently it was a crowd favourite.

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

You can get ready for the big shootout here.

And here's some pretty good shooting, try again.

About the games they're from:

1976 Chicago Coin Shoot Out
1976 Chicago Coin Coney Island Rifle

efb in better fashion

delfin posted:

The Big Shoot Out is one place where we can be of service. The 8-Track Sound Project covers all your needs when it comes to repairing 70's shoot-em-up arcade games.

Reposting these from 3 years ago (Jesus, it's been that long?) since people really want to listen to Big Shoot Out and Coney Island Rifle on their own.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Maybe next time I'll add Bimbo the Clown since they like old arcade stuff so much.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
So do we know yet if this is happening again next week?

...I think my add missed the block and I need another chance to inflict screaming jpop on unsuspecting Canadians. :v:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

spoon0042 posted:

So do we know yet if this is happening again next week?

...I think my add missed the block and I need another chance to inflict screaming jpop on unsuspecting Canadians. :v:

And now saving "Marisa Stole the Precious Thing" for next week.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I'm going to try and squeeze in my all-time favorite 10-minute song next week: Supergirl :sun:

I just knew Sieneke would be in there when I looked at the username. Delfin, of course.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Handen posted:

Hell yes. Is he willing to divulge which station?

CFMU, the McMaster radio station. He's also on Thursdays from 12-2, which means you start right around when he finishes.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
This is glorious. I immediately tuned in to have my musical horizons broadened.

It was a giant a block of Weird Al Yankovic. I'm going to like this station.

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I tuned in. Pretty goony. Will try contributing for a while, see how it works out.

Comatoast fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Sep 25, 2013

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Just wait until the next Anal oval office/Venetian Snares power hour. Some people make it their life's work to troll people with music.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
The last few Venetian Snares EPs are totally listenable* though.

* for values of "listenable"

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib

SumYungGui posted:

Just wait until the next Anal oval office/Venetian Snares power hour. Some people make it their life's work to troll people with music.

You mean goons or Seth Putnam and Aaron Funk?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

You mean goons or Seth Putnam and Aaron Funk?

I don't think Seth is in for life anymore, though.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib

Keru posted:

I don't think Seth is in for life anymore, though.

Well, you can't say it wasn't his life's work.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Grindcore is very terrifying.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Thanks to you, so is Journey.

Epsilon Plus posted:

The last few Venetian Snares EPs are totally listenable* though.

* for values of "listenable"

When I first started listening to Venetian Snares, I thought it was just awful noise.

Now it's actually pretty listenable compared to... other stuff I've heard.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Are we on tonight or is Round 2 being held off for another Thursday?

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

My friend forgot :negative:. I'll keep on reminding him, so hopefully next week.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Fair enough, we haven't put promos or anything together for your station yet. Handen?

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

delfin posted:

Fair enough, we haven't put promos or anything together for your station yet. Handen?

I'll keep you posted. We installed a new internal server yesterday to handle our automated DJ broadcasting stuff and in the process we've had to manually reload most (if not all) of the settings, including the command to launch GBSFM at midnight on Thursdays. Our PD and IT guy are more familiar with that system than I am, so I'll convene with them at a meeting we're having tonight to make sure it was programmed in again, and I'll update this thread in four or five hours about it. :thumbsup:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
It's on. :c00l:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Handen posted:

It's on. :c00l:
I hope so, because your stations's website stream isn't working. :ohdear:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Haifisch posted:

I hope so, because your stations's website stream isn't working. :ohdear:

God dammit, I was told that our stream was fixed. Well, I can confirm that I'm listening to it over my terrestrial radio so all of Lethbridge and area is being bombarded by R. Kelly right now. Success!

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery

Handen posted:

God dammit, I was told that our stream was fixed. Well, I can confirm that I'm listening to it over my terrestrial radio so all of Lethbridge and area is being bombarded by R. Kelly right now. Success!*

* For a given value of success

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Looking good, folks. :thumbsup:

http://i.imgur.com/qoOM7E9.png

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
So how long until we can subject innocent canadians to the full horrors of bob pokosy?

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010

Handen posted:

God dammit, I was told that our stream was fixed. Well, I can confirm that I'm listening to it over my terrestrial radio so all of Lethbridge and area is being bombarded by R. Kelly right now. Success!

This former NCRA station Music Director is glad his Coil add wasn't for nought :3

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

fluppet posted:

So how long until we can subject innocent canadians to the full horrors of bob pokosy?
Short of hiring Gilbert Gottfried to DJ it live...there's still a technical issue with Bob Pokosy {extended}. Last time it played in 2011 the station started buffering hard. Pretty sure it's the sheer number of user comments that causes the error. What if we just pruned the comments? Is this something that's been discussed before?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Maybe just copy it to a new dong that has no comments and is not banned? Add one zero to the end to change the md5 checksum if needed.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Peachstapler posted:

Short of hiring Gilbert Gottfried to DJ it live...there's still a technical issue with Bob Pokosy {extended}. Last time it played in 2011 the station started buffering hard. Pretty sure it's the sheer number of user comments that causes the error. What if we just pruned the comments? Is this something that's been discussed before?

Time to check if it's still station-breaking, then! Last time it was played was in 2011.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Keru posted:

Time to check if it's still station-breaking, then! Last time it was played was in 2011.
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability. Bob Pokosy will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
But not harder? :v:

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
Sup GBS-FM folks

My friend turned me onto this station idea telling me that a late night Canadian campus radio show gave up control to the goon masses and I figured "wow that sounds like way less work for me!" so I'm totally down with it.

My show is Paranormal Echoes on CFMU. I'd play it through the AUX input, sometimes shutting it off to do talk breaks. CFMU still gets a couple thousand listeners in the middle of the night according to listener reports, but we're out of SOCAN/CRTC guidelines so go nuts with the music itself. My show broadcasts Thursday nights from midnight to 2AM EST which I'm told is directly before the other Canadian doing this??? Which owns.

How do we get this going?

FutureSushi fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 28, 2013

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

spoon0042 posted:

But not harder? :v:

Harder, Faster, AND Scooter.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

FutureSushi posted:

Sup GBS-FM folks

My friend turned me onto this station idea telling me that a late night Canadian campus radio show gave up control to the goon masses and I figured "wow that sounds like way less work for me!" so I'm totally down with it.

My show is Paranormal Echoes on CFMU. I'd play it through the AUX input, sometimes shutting it off to do talk breaks. CFMU still gets a couple thousand listeners in the middle of the night according to listener reports, but we're out of SOCAN/CRTC guidelines so go nuts with the music itself. My show broadcasts Thursday nights from midnight to 2AM EST which I'm told is directly before the other Canadian doing this??? Which owns.

How do we get this going?

Do you want jingles like handen got, and if so, what should/shouldn't be said in them?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Man, this station is going places. :psyduck: that makes 3 radio stations willing to listen to Bob Pokosy.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Merijn posted:

Man, this station is going places. :psyduck: that makes 3 radio stations willing to listen to Bob Pokosy.

No, CFMU was mentioned twice.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
I guess I'll hear the jingles you made for the other one? Nothing too fancy or elaborate, using the song Paranormal Echoes would be cool. What are the jingles for? For me for the station or to play on GBSFM to promo the specific show?

Also would I be able to do talk breaks outside of just lowering the pot on the feed of GBS-FM and just turning my mic on?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Here's the promo I made for CKXU. Obviously, I would tailor it for McMaster University's crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

FutureSushi posted:

Also would I be able to do talk breaks outside of just lowering the pot on the feed of GBS-FM and just turning my mic on?
GBS-fm is a constant stream, with songs generally having no gap in between them(if there is, it's only a few seconds), so you're going to end up muting it while you talk.

• Locked thread