Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Stux posted:

Have Rockstar said anything about epsilon mission bugs. I am STILL waiting for the mission after the car collection to show up, its getting annoying now!

If I remember correctly, you have to either donate $10 000 to their website or order the robes in order to trigger the mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Ularg posted:

Chef-chat: He's also pretty cool.
"Hey Trevor, We still going to make that meth?"
"FUCCCKKK YEAH"

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
I just got to do the paleto bay robbery. And once I step outside wearing the full body armor as Trevor with the minigun and kill the first group of cops Michael and Other Guy just stand there and no other cops or anything spawns. This leaves me standing there with nothing to do and no way to complete the mission. This has happened 3 times in a row after retries and I was just wondering if it was a common glitch or if it happened to anyone else.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Harlock posted:

Call Trevor to hang out then switch when you're both in the same area? Does that work?
This worked. It's kind of a pain that there's no joint garages.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Athanatos posted:

Call Trevor to hang out, when you get close to him cancel the man date. Pull the car up to Trevor, get out and run a bit away from the car. Switch to Trevor, get in car and drive away.

If you dont run away a little ways with Frank, he'll run back and pull you out of the car since you are jacking his ride.

I love running into the other guys while I'm out. Heading to a mission as Michael I rear ended a suspicious looking car and Franklin got out and said "Hey dude whats up, I'm just heading to [the mission]."

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Stux posted:

Have Rockstar said anything about epsilon mission bugs. I am STILL waiting for the mission after the car collection to show up, its getting annoying now!

How far are you in the story? There's a few missions towards the middle where Michael and Trevor are hiding out in the desert, and since they aren't really supposed to be in Los Santos none of their stranger missions in that area are available.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Does starting a new save mess with your social club stats or will that show the last save file you have played on? Thinking of starting a new game up but don't necessarily want that to be my file on social club.

\/\/ Thanks

Munion fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 27, 2013

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Munion posted:

Does starting a new save mess with your social club stats or will that show the last save file you have played on? Thinking of starting a new game up but don't necessarily want that to be my file on social club.

The last save you played. It might take 15 minutes to update after you switch saves though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

whoknew posted:

So apparently you can do this...

Now pick up the lead vehicle with the cargo bob. :getin:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Now pick up the lead vehicle with the cargo bob. :getin:

Can you pick up a cargobob with a cargobob?

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Is there a good place to go steal a Fighter Jet? Other than fort Zakudo?

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

whoknew posted:

Would be great if you could attach a trailer on the other end and make your very own truck-boat-truck.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Slayer1597 posted:

Is there a good place to go steal a Fighter Jet? Other than fort Zakudo?

Only Zancudo, but if you have a parachute and knowledge of the hangars they're in, you can steal one with zero effort and get away clean. It's so good at accelerating that you can just hold the R2/T and back and you'll get airborne.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ularg posted:

Can you pick up a cargobob with a cargobob?

If it's anything like the previous GTA games only vehicles with specially modified weights can actually be picked up with the Cargobob.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

whoknew posted:

I would do this in Saints Row 2 with tow trucks. I think you can do 7 or 8 of them before you get too far away to hook anymore up because the game despawns the furthest one. I called it the "truck snake" because of how it would drive.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man this thread moves fast, so I'm just going to skip to the end with my questions.

When you buy property, does the income from it show up in your bank account on its own or do you have to collect it?

I looked around for any solutions, but nothing is helpful, but the iFruit app just won't work. When i try to login it just gives me a generic failure to log in, and the only solution I have found for that one is just to delete and reinstall it on my phone, but that didn't fix anything.

Eriic
Aug 9, 2009

Twisp, is this a truth? Do you do evil?

twistedmentat posted:

When you buy property, does the income from it show up in your bank account on its own or do you have to collect it?

The income goes directly to your account and you get a text message each week notifying you of the payment.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

twistedmentat posted:

Man this thread moves fast, so I'm just going to skip to the end with my questions.

Income is automatically deposited. Note that some properties require you to do stuff in order to earn money.

I wish there was a warehouse/truckyard you could buy so you could get money for stealing those big gas tank trailers at gas stations. Or just from hijacking semi trucks.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

So I'm looking at the user uploaded pictures on the social club site, and apparently there's a ghost on Mt. Gordo? Is that related to that one collection side quest or what?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

The Nozzle posted:

So I'm looking at the user uploaded pictures on the social club site, and apparently there's a ghost on Mt. Gordo? Is that related to that one collection side quest or what?
No, it's an EE that is explained on the "Who Killed Leonora Johnson" website.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
gently caress, after starting a new game I can't connect to the drat Social Club.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Is it at all possible to get all 50 scraps/bridges/knife flights/stunt jumps without resorting to a guide? :smith:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Capsaicin posted:

Is it at all possible to get all 50 scraps/bridges/knife flights/stunt jumps without resorting to a guide? :smith:

Of course it is, it's just incredibly time consuming, tedious and unintuitive.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Capsaicin posted:

I don't think the bridges or knife flights are "collectable", in that you have to fly under every single bridge. You just have to fly under a bridge X number of times. Same with the knife flights.

Stunt jumps and scraps/parts are probably tough to find all of them without some kind of guide, but Social Club is free and offers an interactive map of showing where everything is and tracks which ones you've already found.

Edited for coherence.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Capsaicin posted:

In theory yes. But you are gonna waste 200+ hours if not more trying to do that. Use http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist for the scraps/space ship parts.

Keep in mind you only have to do 50% of the bridge/knife flight/stunt jumps for it to count for 100% as well. Just youtube a guide, but even then it's going to take a while. Especially the stunt jumps are painful.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm picking up GTA5 today but I've never played a GTA game before. Anything I need to know about the previous games to get the most out of the story?

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

RatHat posted:

I'm picking up GTA5 today but I've never played a GTA game before. Anything I need to know about the previous games to get the most out of the story?

The only game with connections is GTA 4, everything else is little easter eggs and fan service*. Even then, the connections are "Hey I remember this character."

No you're not missing anything.

*They seperate the games into canons based on the style, 2D, 3D and HD. HD is just GTA4 + episodes and GTA5 right now.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
Torture mission bullshit: Finally got the mission, and from a story standpoint, It makes sense. Makes me like Trevor more and hate that FIB prick even more. Gameplay wise, I don't understand why they made it interactable. People probably wouldn't have half the issue with it if it was just a cutscene. Gotta drum up controversy somehow because "violent video game" isn't hook line and sinker enough anymore, I guess. It's like they made the mission in spite of the speech he makes about torture after the mission. It didn't bother me one bit. What bothers me is not knowing why the torture gameplay was necessary, especially if you give Trevor that dialogue right after.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Capn Beeb posted:

There's a couple new cheats for the 360:

Slow Mo Y Left Right Right X RT RB <-- enter up to 4 times to increase the effect, fifth time disables

Moon Gravity Left Left LB RB LB Right Left LB Left

I am slow mo chaos dunking sticky bombs onto Prisuses while I MEGA BUNNY HOP a BMX bike around and it owns so loving hard

Someone try the second cheat with the gate glitch and post a video.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Why exactly is Trevor's speech after the torture scene catching people's attention like that? Trevor doesn't say torture is bad, just that it's ineffective. He's annoyed that he just tortured someone pointlessly, not that he tortured someone. He's pissed that he wasn't doing it for his own reasons, and that torturing someone for any other reason than you want to torture them yourself is missing the point. Also notice how he treats the guy afterwards. There is absolutely no chance there's actually anyone waiting at the airport. None.

I keep hearing people say it's a self-insert speech to give the author's point of view, but I keep thinking those people didn't listen to the same speech I did.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

whoknew posted:

This reminds me of the 'tractor snakes' we used to make in SA:MP. You could attach several tractors like this. They would snake when you turned, and the game physics would eventually spaz out, flipping the 'tail' tractor around at 500 miles an hour until it detached at crazy speeds.
Hours of fun.
MP can't come fast enough....

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I just beat the game. Does it make any difference which option you choose? I chose C because I didn't want to kill either of the guys. Do you actually kill anyone or does it just end up being "I can't kill him" and then it goes to option C anyway? I figured they couldn't let you kill one of the characters because there are things only certain characters can do. But does it change any outcomes?

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I just beat the game. Does it make any difference which option you choose? I chose C because I didn't want to kill either of the guys. Do you actually kill anyone or does it just end up being "I can't kill him" and then it goes to option C anyway? I figured they couldn't let you kill one of the characters because there are things only certain characters can do. But does it change any outcomes?

Ending spoilers They stay dead and you are locked out of their sidemissions. If you choose Michael you get a choice to save him during the mission. edit: Guess he dies anyway.

Baron FU fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 27, 2013

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baron FU posted:

Ending spoilers They stay dead and you are locked out of their sidemissions. If you choose Michael you get a choice to save him during the mission.

He still dies

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Another fun thing to do, walk around the beach at night until you find a bunch of people around a fire, just hanging out. See how many people you can set on fire by body tackling them into the fire. :getin:

Bonus: Try to make it into the ocean before you burn to death with them.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

Baron FU posted:

Ending spoilers They stay dead and you are locked out of their sidemissions. If you choose Michael you get a choice to save him during the mission.

I thought that Michael headbutts you then falls to his death anyways? Maybe I am misremembering the video I saw on youtube, I picked C.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Baron FU posted:

More ending spoilers The option to save Michael is really pointless, though, and it exists solely to make it not an auto-gold medal. If you choose to save him, he just kills himself anyway because... reasons.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Jumped to Trevor to find him driving his truck behind a bunch of cyclists whilst heckling them. I followed through with the logical chain of events and floored the accelerator :unsmigghh:.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Cool, I'm going to load a previous save and check out the other endings but stick with the one I chose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I stole a lear jet from the main airport and decided to use it to fly around the map to get rid of some of the fog of war. I ended up heading directly west of the army base over the ocean and encountered a Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress a couple miles off shore. My engines mysteriously cut out as I was getting close to it so I had to ditch in the sea, whereupon I was eaten by a shark.

I've been looking around online and haven't seen any mention of the B-17 yet, anyone else able to confirm it? This probably doesn't make a difference but it was a night during a thunderstorm.

• Locked thread