Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

Goddamnit. More comments from the friend who's doing a project about Muslim Americans. And no, I have no idea why she repeats herself in the middle.

Also, I had no idea you could get "decent pussy" by converting (well, reverting) to Islam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

How do you get a 6 in "become"? The keys aren't exactly close together.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
People in jail are ripe prospects for conversion. The number of Christian "prison ministries" is enormous. How dare those Muslims get in on that sweet sweet prison action?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Kill me.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
My cousin shared that image with the comment "lol so truee!!! XD", as well as the phone+rice=Asians macro. We're Japanese-American. :psyduck: I appreciate self-deprecating humor as much as the next person, but drat, cuz.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Silly Hippie posted:

Also, I had no idea you could get "decent pussy" by converting (well, reverting) to Islam.

Maybe they're suggesting that a woman who knows her place is the best kind of "pussy."

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

I love the frowny face after "beating the hell out of people is illegal." The government won't let me injure and maim other people wahhhh!

Actually the owner of that page should be grateful it's illegal because I'm sure s/he would be the recipient of more than a few beatings otherwise.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Striking Yak posted:

This week on Facebook: an attempt to explain why feminism is still necessary goes horribly wrong!

:negative:

People like green are exactly what gives MRAs any traction at all. I'm surprised they didn't turn green into a massive strawman earlier with that "men only have three modes" quote.

Good on you for trying, but they're not interested in changing their views. :(

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Wizard of Smart posted:

Good on you for trying, but they're not interested in changing their views. :(
I don't think anyone's particularly interested in changing their views. If they were, they'd probably have different views to begin with.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t
One of my "friends" posted this gem recently:

The lines "I just read a post that was so upsetting to me. people are so closed minded and stuck in their own bubble that something so big to society can be so small to one group, community, or person" are interesting to me, because she is someone, who has shared racist memes (one literally from a page titled "racist"). She is also a nurse, who has written a status to the effect of "I'm glad I haven't gotten a flu shot in five years". I tried finding the flu shot status, but I was unable to find it when writing this post, so perhaps she realized it was a stupid thing to write, but I doubt it.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
This sounds believable.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Blind Pineapple posted:

This sounds believable.

Nope, gonna keep voting liberal just for more posts like this.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Here's the link: http://www.examiner.com/article/if-you-are-muslim-you-can-opt-out-of-the-obamacare-health-care-reform-laws-with-no-penalties
"We wonder why these certain groups get a free ride. We also wonder why the largest religious block in North and South America the Christians are discriminated against like this. Very odd indeed."

The irony of complaining about what the next president will inherit. It's good to know that the world is divided into 4-8 year segments, really.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

mng posted:

Here's the link: http://www.examiner.com/article/if-you-are-muslim-you-can-opt-out-of-the-obamacare-health-care-reform-laws-with-no-penalties
"We wonder why these certain groups get a free ride. We also wonder why the largest religious block in North and South America the Christians are discriminated against like this. Very odd indeed."

The irony of complaining about what the next president will inherit. It's good to know that the world is divided into 4-8 year segments, really.

But fundamentalist christians are against insurance to the same degree - and for the same bible verse reason - so surely if it was true then they'd be exempt too

unless they're not christian enough :smug:

e: it provides no such exemption - although the republican amended version did, although it makes no mentions of muslims specifically - the final version had that attempted scuppering removed.

SybilVimes has a new favorite as of 22:36 on Sep 27, 2013

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Oh my god. It... it's beautiful.

Keep in mind she has a newborn child, not having health insurance to begin with is pretty drat stupid. But this is a whole new level. Not even 24 hours between posts.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
Okay, I know everyone was just kidding around about the shipping lines thing earlier, but holy god Maersk just launched a big loving ship. They must be in the "double concept album" phase of their career.

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=1857529

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

obscurer en tut posted:

Okay, I know everyone was just kidding around about the shipping lines thing earlier, but holy god Maersk just launched a big loving ship. They must be in the "double concept album" phase of their career.

They're judge the biggest shipping company in the world, it's what they do. That's not even the first triple E, anyway.

They do have a pretty good social media program though, but really that's outside the scope of this thread.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

obscurer en tut posted:

And that's just the first of the 20 they're building, all to the same spec.

It's a lot of iPhones.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Someone tell me what an investment is - I either literally don't understand what one is or what never heard of the concept before!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

deadwing posted:

Keep in mind she has a newborn child, not having health insurance to begin with is pretty drat stupid. But this is a whole new level. Not even 24 hours between posts.

How did she pay for childbirth or the upcoming PT visits?

Lava Lamp
Sep 18, 2007
banana phone

Maker Of Shoes posted:

How did she pay for childbirth or the upcoming PT visits?

hmm isn't it illegal to not have insurance as a pregnant woman? I think my friend had to get medicare while she was pregnant at least.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Newborn might not be the right word, the baby's 9 months old. I kinda phase out any baby-related things on Facebook.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

deadwing posted:

Along those same lines, this is a woman I am/was friends with. She was always liberal leaning, albeit a bit confused about politics in general. Lately though she's been posting some Rand Paul poo poo and stuff about how it's unfair to tax the working to the breaking point just to give it to people who refuse to work. She is the OP in both pictures.

Pretty ok post from August, nothing too outrageous going on here.

:wtc:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I can't wait for Obamacare so I can actually afford medication and ER visits. I can pay doctor visits out of pocket. I'm more disgusted by the lack of health insurance coverage from jobs. I thought my family was a special case growing up because my father worked freelance. But it's poo poo all over.

Murder Hats
Nov 16, 2008

"You need to put as much focus on work as you give to getting the perfect reCaptcha phrase!"
/
:backtowork:
Having health care is gonna be so cool.

unrelated:

Ann... what? Ann, you need to calm down.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Murder Hats posted:

unrelated:

Gen mod cocaine is a hell of a cyberpunk drug.

Cool Web Paige
Nov 19, 2006

Murder Hats posted:

unrelated:

But if the coke sells it self then why does it need Miley to push it? It's genmods are obviously substandard.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

It just wouldn't be an MRA discussion about rape without a comparison to petty theft.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

I'm already pretty furious about the idea of having state-funded armed enforcers monitoring our children, but it's worse still to see stupid NRA motherfuckers thinking this is actually a good idea. Because the best way to handle a growing police state is to pay the police to watch your children with loving guns. Because that won't affect learning at all!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
A teacher has never done a bad thing to a student ever. Not ever. Nope. Nuh-uh. Totally okay to add a gun to the equation there.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

Striking Yak posted:

This week on Facebook: an attempt to explain why feminism is still necessary goes horribly wrong!
Green in this image is Red from my previous post.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Vaccines cause autism people!!!!!!! I don't know the commenter, but I'm pretty sure their "research" consisted of reading holistic medicine websites and following Jenny Mccarthy's Twitter.
Doing some research on the article (which is a copy-paste from another ~natural medicine~ website), the author is making some jumps from vaccines to autism. The short of it is that the parents claimed their kid started showing symptoms of encephalitis after receiving the MMR vaccine. Said symptoms occurred within 15 days of receiving the MMR vaccine, which was within the window of time allowed by the court for there to be a correlation. As such, the case was settled in favor of the parents.
The vast majority of the documents related to the hearing and decision are sealed. All we have to go on are what the parents are saying and the information from a few medical exams after the vaccines.
How do people so easily jump to ridiculous conclusions from an obviously biased source?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I'm already pretty furious about the idea of having state-funded armed enforcers monitoring our children, but it's worse still to see stupid NRA motherfuckers thinking this is actually a good idea. Because the best way to handle a growing police state is to pay the police to watch your children with loving guns. Because that won't affect learning at all!

This literally looks like a Kelly comic.

I can't help but laugh at how bad this guy is at drawing children too.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

NESguerilla posted:

This literally looks like a Kelly comic.

I can't help but laugh at how bad this guy is at drawing children too.

Couldn't even be bothered to redraw, either - the top and bottom pictures are identical except the bottom picture has the gun arm tacked on. It's the sort of thing I'd expect to see pop up in the CAD thread.

e: And I think the second arm up until the hand is just the first arm copied and rotated 120 degrees. And the hand looks like poo poo and they clearly copied in the gun from elsewhere.

Lottery of Babylon has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Sep 28, 2013

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It looks like some low effort photoshop. Just gotta place a white box over whatever text was originally there to put in what I wish they would have said so I can destroy them in an argument.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

DaisyDanger posted:

Along those same lines, this is a woman I am/was friends with. She was always liberal leaning, albeit a bit confused about politics in general. Lately though she's been posting some Rand Paul poo poo and stuff about how it's unfair to tax the working to the breaking point just to give it to people who refuse to work. She is the OP in both pictures.

Pretty ok post from August, nothing too outrageous going on here.

:wtc:

I'm pretty sure the insurance agencies are all just raising their rates in preparation for when Obamacare kicks in. They won't get to randomly drop people anymore or refuse to cover people for things related to pre-existing medical conditions.

Healthcare reform for Dummies posted:

Ending of long-standing rate rules: Insurers will no longer be able to base your premiums on your sex or salary. (Females are typically charged higher premiums than men. Also, in some cases, the more you make, the lower your premiums.)

Insurers also won’t be able to charge you more because of your medical history or current health status, genetic information, or because you’ve been the victim of domestic violence.

Insurers will still be able to take into account your age, geographic area, family composition (such as number of people), and tobacco use when deciding how much to charge you for your insurance coverage.

My ex-husbands company was forcing everyone to take some mail-in blood test. Apparently, if you don't send it in, you get charged an extra $50 a month for insurance. I have no clue what they were testing, and we got divorced before I had to send mine in, but it just seemed really loving odd. Granted, I had to have a blood test to try to get life insurance, but at least I knew exactly what that was going towards and what I was being tested for.

The blood test for the health insurance made me :tinfoil:, since it's not like we were going to get a copy of the results of whatever they were testing for, even though it wasn't going to be an anonymous sample. We had to fill in a personal info.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Couldn't even be bothered to redraw, either - the top and bottom pictures are identical except the bottom picture has the gun arm tacked on. It's the sort of thing I'd expect to see pop up in the CAD thread.

e: And I think the second arm up until the hand is just the first arm copied and rotated 120 degrees. And the hand looks like poo poo and they clearly copied in the gun from elsewhere.

Now that I'm looking at it again I think the original was just the top part, and some gun nutter shopped it because he was mad at the original suggesting that teachers don't need 9mm.

loving horrible drawing across the board though.

JayhawkCSC
Sep 18, 2012
So yeah. This...

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
There's at least 12 different things wrong there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

JayhawkCSC posted:

So yeah. This...

The lazily photo-shopped in giant cat makes this.

• Locked thread