Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

AfroSquirrel posted:

The lazily photo-shopped in giant cat makes this.

what did the cat add?

I'm actually just really confused now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

JayhawkCSC posted:

So yeah. This...

I am staring into the void and the void is ho ho horrifying.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Wait why doesn't Santa have an AR-15?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

You mean amazing, right? That's one of the greatest pictures I've ever seen. That loving giant cat. :shobon:

e: I think Santa is holding a gun, but it's covered up by the text. Everything about that picture is awesome.

Curiosity
Sep 12, 2012

A gun?? I thought it was just one of those plastic strips covered in bells...

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I laughed much too hard at this.

Curiosity has a new favorite as of 02:10 on Sep 29, 2013

Blood Magnet
Nov 25, 2010

JayhawkCSC posted:

So yeah. This...

Look at that loving W.

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

Austrian mook posted:

what did the cat add?

I'm actually just really confused now
It's clearly the Yule Cat. It's a monster in Icelandic folklore that kills people who don't receive new clothes for say Christmas like they're supposed to.

Strange Charm has a new favorite as of 06:08 on Sep 29, 2013

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax

:suicide:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I wrote a fanfiction 6 years ago that I abandoned because I'd written myself into a corner. But 6 years later, this morning, it resulted in this pure magic in my hotmail Inbox under the title A new review has been sumbitted to Fanfiction.net:

quote:

YaoiFan-Girl:oh thank god! this is an awesome story! always was bothered by
the fact that jack has no pride and so in the an evil guy can be funny AND
still show some pride! i mean there we have an evil genius boy, who can make
robots (all by himself in a matter of what? an hour?) like WOW! an boy with an
pretty cool style (well for me cuz dunno it's pretty cool) and amazingly
smart! and as what is he presented?! an whiny idiot loser ... man that not
only that but he gets making fun of by the bad guys (hell even megan! his
family!) and the GOOD guys! seriously those guys can be bigger jerks as every
single evil guy there O
actually even as kid i liked jack the most cuz he seemed more like to be the
poor victim i felt so sorry for him! almost like the creator really, REALLY
hated jack! who knows maybe jack spacer was based of an person from the
creators life and he really wants him to i dunno, but it seems like it's not
even funny to see the not real boy being bullied by for me it backfired badly
in making jack like that and i just ended up wanting jack to snap! or give him
some pride! he can still be our funny and evil (and cute) boy, but come on!

however this story made me really no weird drama backstory or anything, just
jack having some thanks and i hope the creator comes across ya story and
learns a bit from

My crappy little story finally drew out something amazing (if a little sad)

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

I wrote a fanfiction 6 years ago that I abandoned because I'd written myself into a corner. But 6 years later, this morning, it resulted in this pure magic in my hotmail Inbox under the title A new review has been sumbitted to Fanfiction.net:

My crappy little story finally drew out something amazing (if a little sad)
I'm not sure who should be made fun of the most here:
1. The girl who wrote that ridiculous review.
2. You, for admitting you wrote fan fic.
3. Me, for managing to realize, even through that disjointed mess, that you were writing a fic for Xiaolin Showdown because I used to watch that show obsessively.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'd say all three of us. We can consider it a package deal.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Awesome, now send me a link to that fic so I can get my trashy fanfic read on :munch:

InequalityGodzilla has a new favorite as of 08:01 on Sep 29, 2013

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

AfroSquirrel posted:

The lazily photo-shopped in giant cat makes this.

Why is it tilted to the right like that?

Why is it just "Happy Holiday"?

WHY DOES THIS EXIST?

:psyduck:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Feeble posted:

Awesome, now send me a link to that fic so I can get my trashy fanfic read on :munch:

I sent you a steam friend invite as I don't have PMs. If you accept I'll send you a link.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Someone just posted this.

While I actually agree with the sentiment, I get the feeling that's not actually something Einstein said.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Because huffing glue in your Flashdance outfit is so much smarter than being on your phone (poo poo, I was a giant-haired teenage girl in the 1980s, it was hardly the Algonquin Round Table).

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:psyboom:

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

/
:byodood:

My ears are still ringing just from reading that.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't think I've ever actually run into a situation in real life where someone is offended when someone else says "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays". I mean most people I know that either are jewish or not religions think Christmas is awesome cause it's still a fun jolly ol' time. And I don't understand getting mad at companies that say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Most companies don't want to be exclusive guys! They want everyone to buy what they're sellin so they include everyone! You are still allowed to say Merry Christmas if you want no one is actually getting mad!

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I like how he's obviously got caps lock on, but still holds shift to type OBAMA out of some sort of reflex.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Eox posted:

I like how he's obviously got caps lock on, but still holds shift to type OBAMA out of some sort of reflex.

Oh my God that's beautiful. I was wondering about that, hahaha.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Macaluso posted:

I don't think I've ever actually run into a situation in real life where someone is offended when someone else says "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays". ... You are still allowed to say Merry Christmas if you want no one is actually getting mad!

Sadly, I have run into and am related to those people. Living in the American South and small town Midwest...it's not that hard to find them.

Like, actual MAD mad when you say it.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

Flyinglemur posted:

Sadly, I have run into and am related to those people. Living in the American South and small town Midwest...it's not that hard to find them.

Wait it sounds like you're describing people who would get mad if you said "happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas," Macaluso was talking about the other way around. Unless the American South and small town Midwest has a bunch of militant atheists that I wasn't aware of.

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard

Are there out of work Doctors? I mean who have their licenses. I've never met a Doctor with a license that couldn't find work somewhere, clinics are always understaffed. Or is Oboobalooba-care the reason 65,000 more people didn't go into med school 7 years ago? Or is this guy advocating that the US taxpayers should fund 65,000 new Oblackguy-care med school scholarships so that we can staff new taxpayer funded OhelpmeImracist-care state of the art hospitals? Holy crap, maybe this guy is actually really progressive.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Lap-Lem posted:

Are there out of work Doctors? I mean who have their licenses. I've never met a Doctor with a license that couldn't find work somewhere, clinics are always understaffed. Or is Oboobalooba-care the reason 65,000 more people didn't go into med school 7 years ago? Or is this guy advocating that the US taxpayers should fund 65,000 new Oblackguy-care med school scholarships so that we can staff new taxpayer funded OhelpmeImracist-care state of the art hospitals? Holy crap, maybe this guy is actually really progressive.

I always just love the economic lessons these posts provide. A huge influx in demand for health services will lead to the market creating a decrease in the supply! :eng101:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Flyinglemur posted:

My former stepsister writes it CHRISTmas, you know, so you don't forget what it's all about.

Some family members get pissed off and post memes about "Happy Holidays" and telling you who to boycott this year. What I don't get is that none of them are particularly religious or devout, and zero of them visit a house of worship regularly, if ever. I'm pretty sure it's just a jab against Muslims and Jews.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Government should not have a say in how doctors treat their patients!

Insurance companies on the other hand always have the shareholders patients interest at heart.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Apparently someone was murdered in my tiny little rural hometown. This is terrible and all but the last time someone was murdered there was several years before I was born. I'm 31 years old. I'm sure the people back home are being reasonable about this.

My favorites are

:byodame: THIS IS WHY I CARRY A GUN!!!!!!

:byodood: I BET IT WAS THEM DAMNED COLLEGE KIDS!!!!

By the way, here are the city data crime rates for this oh-so dangerous town they live in and need guns to protect themselves in.

edit: Oh god drat, I've now seen 6 posts from people in that town asking how to get CCW permits.

Soviet Commubot has a new favorite as of 16:51 on Sep 29, 2013

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Sandweed posted:

Government should not have a say in how doctors treat their patients!

Insurance companies on the other hand always have the shareholders patients interest at heart.

I love people who get angry about people using the word Xmas because they think it's not sufficiently christian. The "X" actually represents the greek letter "Chi", which is the first letter of "Christ" when spelt out in Greek and was a common abbreviation/representation of Christ's name in early christian art, and has been used in English vernacular since at least 1753.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Do the anti-"Happy Holidays" people want everyone to have a lovely New Year?

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Heard it here first folks, anthropology is just lesbians pushing the lesbian agenda.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

RolandTower posted:

Wait it sounds like you're describing people who would get mad if you said "happy holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas," Macaluso was talking about the other way around. Unless the American South and small town Midwest has a bunch of militant atheists that I wasn't aware of.

This is why I shouldn't post before coffee. Sorry. I'm the idiot.

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Take care of the dead and the dead will take care of you

Soviet Commubot posted:

Apparently someone was murdered in my tiny little rural hometown. This is terrible and all but the last time someone was murdered there was several years before I was born. I'm 31 years old. I'm sure the people back home are being reasonable about this.

My favorites are

:byodame: THIS IS WHY I CARRY A GUN!!!!!!

:byodood: I BET IT WAS THEM DAMNED COLLEGE KIDS!!!!

By the way, here are the city data crime rates for this oh-so dangerous town they live in and need guns to protect themselves in.

edit: Oh god drat, I've now seen 6 posts from people in that town asking how to get CCW permits.

2009 was a really rapey year.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm not showing the picture he drew, this is why:

Good thing unfollowing people on twitter is so easy! :stonk:

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
I think not sending the picture of a girl getting raped by an octopus is a good rule to follow in any situation.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
To be fair, girl+octopus has been a classic theme in art: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dream_of_the_Fisherman%27s_Wife

On the other hand, girl+octopus...

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm not showing the picture he drew, this is why:

Good thing unfollowing people on twitter is so easy! :stonk:
Maybe he's just a fan of classical Japanese art?

Edit: poo poo, beaten. Should really refresh the page before posting.

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

totalnewbie posted:

To be fair, girl+octopus has been a classic theme in art: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dream_of_the_Fisherman%27s_Wife

On the other hand, girl+octopus...

I think if this guy is using his octopus rape art as part of a wider representation of the far-reaching and rapid cultural changes of his land, then he can have a pass. Otherwise, he's just a creepy motherfucker.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Hood Ornament posted:

2009 was a really rapey year.

I don't know how to feel about the fact that I wasn't the only one that thought that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Experto Crede posted:

I think if this guy is using his octopus rape art as part of a wider representation of the far-reaching and rapid cultural changes of his land, then he can have a pass. Otherwise, he's just a creepy motherfucker.

I went back and checked his twitter and that wasn't the first time he tweeted the octopus rape art. He tweeted it few days back, with the title "tentacle consent."

• Locked thread