Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Calf raise machines just don't have enough weight.

Spermando has a new favorite as of 13:03 on Sep 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

quote:

For a super dose of RMS crazy, check out his tour rider. Green M&M not ok, since the recipe is not free (as in libre).

This is really quite amazing, It nears Metallica levels of anal.

RMS posted:

Above 72 fahrenheit (22 centigrade) I find sleeping quite difficult.
(If the air is dry, I can stand 23 degrees.) A little above that
temperature, a strong electric fan blowing on me enables me to sleep.
More than 3 degrees above that temperature, I need air conditioning to
sleep.

If you can find a host for me that has a friendly parrot, I will be
very very glad. If you can find someone who has a friendly parrot I
can visit with, that will be nice too.

DON'T buy a parrot figuring that it will be a fun surprise for me. To
acquire a parrot is a major decision: it is likely to outlive you. If
you don't know how to treat the parrot, it could be emotionally
scarred and spend many decades feeling frightened and unhappy.

But if you want to cook for me, or invite me to a restaurant that
specializes in just one thing, or invite me to dinner with a preset
menu, you need to know what I dislike:

avocado
eggplant, usually (there are occasional exceptions)
hot pepper
olives
liver (even in trace quantities)
stomach and intestine; other organ meats
cooked tuna
oysters
egg yolk, if the taste is noticeable, except when boiled completely hard
many strong cheeses, especially those with green fungus
desserts that contain fruit or liqueur flavors
sour fruits, such as grapefruit and many oranges
beer
coffee (though weak coffee flavor can be good in desserts)
the taste of alcohol (so I don't drink anything stronger than wine)

Don't ever try to decide what food I should eat without asking me.

A good approach is to ask around *in advance* among your acquaintances
to find people who like good food and are familiar with the area's
restaurants. They will be able to give good recommendations.
Sorry for the wall of text.

Rapman the Cook has a new favorite as of 14:18 on Sep 30, 2013

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

What's funny about this, is one of the places I see a TON of drunk people? Anime cons. Maybe brits just know how to have a good time or something, but drunk British cosplayers are TOTALLY a thing.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Drunk British anyone and anything is a thing, there's a national binge-drinking epidemic donchaknow.

For content, couldn't take a picture but I just saw a tragic sight: A chubby goth girl. Why's that tragic? Picture typical goth girl clothing. Picture really obvious holes in her fishnets where her thighs rub together.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

I always find this one extreme or the other stuff on the internet hilarious. Like, having a few beers with your buddy while some burgers are on the grill isn't a thing, we have to get plastered until we barf on the charcoal.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

My favorite thing about this is that it implies you can't be a drunk beer-bonging bastard while cosplaying.

Everything I have experienced has disproved this.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Zack_Gochuck posted:

I always find this one extreme or the other stuff on the internet hilarious. Like, having a few beers with your buddy while some burgers are on the grill isn't a thing, we have to get plastered until we barf on the charcoal.

Counterpoint, every frat ever.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
So they totally disregard my Chiyo-chan keg cover? gently caress these anime elitists!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Lieutenant Dan posted:

My favorite thing about this is that it implies you can't be a drunk beer-bonging bastard while cosplaying.

Everything I have experienced has disproved this.

A friend of mine,who is a cosplayer and extreme weaboo,posted this on Facebook last year. Acting as she was a complete sober good behaved cosplayer. I called her out because that girls gets wasted at any party like you have no idea :colbert:, she even painted my bathroom with vomit once.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

So apparently gamespot gave GTA V an inhumane and abysmal score of 9/10 and people thought that was pretty terrible. The host is pretty awkward but the comments they read out of people losing their poo poo had me going :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W95xiSksIq0

From the comment section this person was so very angry about gamespot making fun of him he had to respond to the same comment twice within 2 minutes of each other.

The guys youtube is a treasure cove of awkward and ugly too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNeGuGxs9a8

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

NoneSuch posted:

From the comment section this person was so very angry about gamespot making fun of him he had to respond to the same comment twice within 2 minutes of each other.

The guys youtube is a treasure cove of awkward and ugly too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNeGuGxs9a8

Oh dear.

Rapman the Cook has a new favorite as of 06:46 on Oct 2, 2013

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

NoneSuch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB5zZa0-83U

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Girl I went to middle school with that randomly friend requested me on Facebook a couple months ago after not seeing her for 12 years. She's a vet tech now or something.

Yikes.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Oh come on you can do better than that with an It Came From Facebook post. Here's a fuckin' It Came From Facebook post:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

This... person... has decided to make a big fuss over the fact that a comedian that Microsoft hired to MC an Xbox One event couldn't figure out what pronoun to use when referring to them:

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-presenter-humiliated-me-on-stage-says-transge-1421596988

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

zenintrude posted:

This... person... has decided to make a big fuss over the fact that a comedian that Microsoft hired to MC an Xbox One event couldn't figure out what pronoun to use when referring to them:

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-presenter-humiliated-me-on-stage-says-transge-1421596988

That Kotaku article posted:

Laura Kate Dale, who is a transgender woman, says she was called "he," "it," "thing" and "this one," by the presenter, who does not appear to be a Microsoft employee but an entertainer hired for the event.

Nice transphobia there, dude. Totally a SJW complaining about cis scum, and not the target of unfunny jokes regarding her gender. :thumbsup:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

A team of magic the gathering players from my area. From what I've heard about the guy on the left he's as awkward in real life as he is in that photo.

This made me cringe harder than most stuff in this thread. I mean, cosplay? MRA? Bronies? I only encounter that poo poo by people making fun of them on the internet.

But this picture? It's just so real. I'm a meteorologist; we are awkward nerd city. We joke about how the engineers are "the cool guys." I know several of each of these types. The awkward posture, weird head angles, bad poses... like I can imagine their conversations, and nothing about it could ever be described as "cool."

Yall think these people are normal looking? It's dorks all the way down.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

zenintrude posted:

Your hesitancy to even refer to her as a person in your post is awkward and ugly on a scale that compares with the hosed up trans phobic comments made by the original comedian at the event in case your self awareness is on par with your level of humanity.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Someone had to go (fast).

Shiftless Red
Mar 2, 2009

zenintrude posted:

I know it's been pointed out, but you're being the ugly and awkward (the pony get up is awful, but that's beside the point). Save it for something sensitive.

If this is what sonic fans do I'd hate to see what sonic haters draw.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

TinTower posted:

Nice transphobia there, dude. Totally a SJW complaining about cis scum, and not the target of unfunny jokes regarding her gender. :thumbsup:

PleasantDirge posted:

Your hesitancy to even refer to her as a person in your post is awkward and ugly on a scale that compares with the hosed up trans phobic comments made by the original comedian at the event in case your self awareness is on par with your level of humanity.

Oh man, far be it for me to poke fun at the whole fiasco (which I'd hoped to be quite obvious!) by using the same kind of generic, confused terminology that the now vilified comedian used in his presentation!

However this doesn't have anything to do with the fact that the person pictured purports to be a serious journalist and yet their public image is that of a half-human/half-horse with rainbow hair and goggles.

If you care to read more about this story (and why the person is more awkward/ugly than just their surface appearance) than look no further: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3572586

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

testtubebaby has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Sep 30, 2013

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

zenintrude posted:

Oh man, far be it for me to poke fun at the whole fiasco (which I'd hoped to be quite obvious!) by using the same kind of generic, confused terminology that the now vilified comedian used in his presentation!

However this doesn't have anything to do with the fact that the person pictured purports to be a serious journalist and yet their public image is that of a half-human/half-horse with rainbow hair and goggles.

If you care to read more about this story (and why the person is more awkward/ugly than just their surface appearance) than look no further: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3572586

Nice irony defence, nice gassed thread.

You don't know when to stop, do you?

Dirtbag Diva
May 27, 2005

zenintrude posted:

Here's a tip: "It" is never a proper pronoun.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

Her face looks like a photoshop of "Inside every fat person is a thin person trying to get out"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

Her face looks like a photoshop of "Inside every fat person is a thin person trying to get out"

She lost her brother in the Thunderdome :smith:

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Her face is like that shibe photoshop where the dog's face is really tiny.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

zenintrude posted:

If you were making fun of her for being brony (or "Pegasister" or whatever) I don't think any of us would have objected. But instead you're making it about her gender for some strange reason. Also why do you keep calling her 'this person' when you know she identifies as a woman? That's why people are mocking you instead of her.

I'm amazed at how perfectly round her face is.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Dirtbag Diva posted:

Here's a tip: "It" is never a proper pronoun.

There have been some examples contradicting this in the Tumblr thread. :shrug:

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

PlantRobot posted:

Tumblr posters aren't people.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

The copious rolls don't particularly bother me. The bizarre fat lumpy person with comparatively tiny boobs doesn't even really faze me.

But the loving armpit hair :barf:

(armpit hair is gross on guys too)

Dirtbag Diva
May 27, 2005

PlantRobot posted:

Cordyceps Headache posted:

Tumblr posters aren't people.

Yeah, I volunteer with a LGBT shelter in my town. I sincerely doubt anybody claiming "It" is a proper pronoun have ever met kids who are kicked out of their houses while being referred to as such.

Getting back to awkward:

http://nypost.com/2013/09/24/i-wooed-my-man-with-a-sandwich/

This lady has a blog dedicated to making 300 sandwiches so her super dreamy boyfriend will deign to marry her. She's beautiful, he's ugly, they're both awkward and terrible.

An "Alexander Skarsgård" lookalike, right here:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

New 101 Dalmatians reboot?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

zenintrude posted:

The problem is is your not poking fun at the fiasco you're poking fun at the pain this person felt after being referred to in the most the derogatory and nasty of ways as well as the fact that they were publicly outed and humiliated for being a trans person. You might think its funny but being publicly outed often has deadly results for these people. You may not be actual human garbage, but all of your humor and posting would lead all of us to believe otherwise.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

PleasantDirge posted:

The problem is is your not poking fun at the fiasco you're poking fun at the pain this person felt after being referred to in the most the derogatory and nasty of ways as well as the fact that they were publicly outed and humiliated for being a trans person. You might think its funny but being publicly outed often has deadly results for these people. You may not be actual human garbage, but all of your humor and posting would lead all of us to believe otherwise.

We're going to change the world, one goon at a time.

Great thread, everyone!

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

Fun Shoe
So Gawker, ever so famous for being inflammatory about, well, everything, is hosting a Privilege Showdown of sorts.

Of course, this being the internet, being Fat is obviously much, much worse than being ugly or an amputee. Only time will tell if being fat is worse than being Native American!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I read in a book once that trans-fat is the worst kind of fat. Does that have any bearing to Gawker's privilege scale?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How does this thread just keep getting endlessly getting poo poo up with trans chat and stupid conversations about what shoes/hats are acceptable over and over and over again? It's loving unbelievable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

So Gawker, ever so famous for being inflammatory about, well, everything, is hosting a Privilege Showdown of sorts.

Of course, this being the internet, being Fat is obviously much, much worse than being ugly or an amputee. Only time will tell if being fat is worse than being Native American!

I love that latex is a worse allergy to have than nuts. "Oh no I can't use latex gloves or condom, I guess I'll use the other similarly price items that do basically the same thing!" Compared to "I hope this prepared food doesn't kill me (this happened to a little girl recently)"

• Locked thread