Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Mister Macys posted:

loving thing is hanging at the starting race for me. :(

It did that for me for a while, it eventually times out and just lets you race vs. Lamar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
I've been trying to "launch session" for about 5 minutes now.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Got through the race no problems. No lag too, wonder if it matched me up locally?

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Mister Macys posted:

loving thing is hanging at the starting race for me. :(

Same thing.

Don't know if I should restart or what. I've been sitting here as it's "waiting for other players" for like 5 minutes now.

Oh well. Guess I got optimistic that the launch would go smoothly when the initial download was super smooth and I was put right into the game.

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004
I've been checking the PS3 constantly, ugh why oh why does the PSN have to suck such balls. I guess that's what you get for free online play.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dan Didio posted:

Oh dear, the pop-in. Yikes.

As in, it's worse/different than the campaign?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

This guy in the game with me while we wait for the race to start is literally calling Rockstar support. Over the microphone. Less than an hour after it became available. And getting mad when the support guy told him to be patient.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
Is anyone putting together an online discussion thread right now?

Jacada
Aug 1, 2009

Funkmaster General posted:

This guy in the game with me while we wait for the race to start is literally calling Rockstar support. Over the microphone. Less than an hour after it became available. And getting mad when the support guy told him to be patient.

Eurgh. Are people not self aware at all? Thats just cringe worthy behaviour.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Willing to bet Australian/NZ won't get the update until tomorrow until AusLive bother to push it through?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
It's probably super optimistic of them to put players straight into a matchmaking race right at the start anyway. Can only make launch day (gently caress, launch 15 minutes) issues worse.

I've been F5'ing PSN, decided instead to use the time to get my drinks and snacks ready, take a bathroom break, and charge my headset. There's a lot of stuff to do in Los Santos tonight.

And by a lot of stuff I mean staring at disconnected or lag-filled screens and swearing. But drat it, if these servers are going to break, then by gently caress I'm going to help break them. Rockstar, you are about to learn the true meaning of a stress-test once I get my hands on some explosives.

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004

Jacada posted:

Eurgh. Are people not self aware at all? Thats just cringe worthy behaviour.

I'm pretty sure they're hosing down the servers with a fire extinguisher as we speak.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
A young 'Don' Draper character made. Now for this race to load.... :(

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004
:-)

Croccers posted:

Willing to bet Australian/NZ won't get the update until tomorrow until AusLive bother to push it through?
It's up for us now on xbox at least

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Reminder that R* said to expect crashes and poo poo breaking with GTAO and that traffic is terrible

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Baron FU posted:

It's the Jewel Heist suit. It can be found under the outfits tab.

Thanks. Still doesn't show up under outfits though. Strange.

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating

Croccers posted:

I'm in NZ and been playing for a good 20+ minutes now. Xbox 360!

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004

Parkingtigers posted:

It's probably super optimistic of them to put players straight into a matchmaking race right at the start anyway. Can only make launch day (gently caress, launch 15 minutes) issues worse.

I've been F5'ing PSN, decided instead to use the time to get my drinks and snacks ready, take a bathroom break, and charge my headset. There's a lot of stuff to do in Los Santos tonight.

And by a lot of stuff I mean staring at disconnected or lag-filled screens and swearing. But drat it, if these servers are going to break, then by gently caress I'm going to help break them. Rockstar, you are about to learn the true meaning of a stress-test once I get my hands on some explosives.

Yeah, I thought they'd ease you into the multiplayer stuff, I mean it sounds great on paper to throw people into a race right away to get the adrenaline going but you'd think they would have known their servers would get pounded in the rear end.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Croccers posted:

Nope. Got the update, xbox, Aus.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Yeah maybe forcing you into a match made session first thing wasn't the best idea. I mean, I get it, it's cool, but poo poo.

At least I managed to make a character I'm really happy with!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Some rear end in a top hat just flipped my car over and then sped away laughing as I came out of the intro mission. Prick.

EDIT: Some other rear end in a top hat just crashed a cop car into the clothing store as I tried to buy a jacket.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Oct 1, 2013

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Everyone get online and let's crash this bitch so they delay it another month. :getin:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Park a car blocking the door of the clothing store you have to go into for the intro stuff. It will trap everyone in there inside with no way of getting out.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dan Didio posted:

Some rear end in a top hat just flipped my car over and then sped away laughing as I came out of the intro mission. Prick.

This is distilled GTA, but from a different perspective.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Heh, it booted me out of the mandatory race. I can move around and poo poo, but can't enter cars.

And the trigger doesn't activate.

krupa
Apr 27, 2006
I pressed random and I got a woman that looks like the Kardashian mum. Time for some alternate reality roleplay.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

Feenix posted:

As in, it's worse/different than the campaign?

The intro is similar to the GTA 5 intro showing scenes around the city. It had pretty bad pop-in for me. I'm guessing that's what he's talking about.

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004
You can set-up private games, right? As fun as having some 14 year old call me a human being sounds I kind of want to do this solo for a day or so to get poo poo down. Please tell me yes that it's actually there as an option.

krupa
Apr 27, 2006
Is anyone playing in Australia? Because nothing is happening for me.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

This is awesome. Finished the custom car tutorial and the first thing I did was drive by some poor guy who was just going to do the buy clothes tutorial in my bright orange blista :cool:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Chick3n posted:

The intro is similar to the GTA 5 intro showing scenes around the city. It had pretty bad pop-in for me. I'm guessing that's what he's talking about.

Yeah, it gets non-noticeable as soon as you get in proper.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Apparently I set a world record for the first race. woo?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Let's hope the online doesn't wreck our Pisswasser stocks.

(Still waiting on the PSN here!)

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

krupa posted:

Is anyone playing in Australia? Because nothing is happening for me.

Yep. It's buttery smooth at the moment. Really impressed.

EDIT: haha, it matched me up with the rear end in a top hat in the police car for the first co-op mission. This is really awesome.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Sondlar posted:

You can set-up private games, right? As fun as having some 14 year old call me a human being sounds I kind of want to do this solo for a day or so to get poo poo down. Please tell me yes that it's actually there as an option.

That podcast said yes, and it was in RDR too.

Is there an option for free-aim servers? I've played 89 hours with free-aim and I don't want spastics with automagic aimbot guns ruining my fun.

vjee32
Feb 1, 2008
This is terrifying, I'm new to the whole online thing on xbox and now that I've been waiting for 5 minutes for the first race to start I suddenly hear little kids screaming nonsense from my tv.

Holy poo poo.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

vjee32 posted:

This is terrifying, I'm new to the whole online thing on xbox and now that I've been waiting for 5 minutes for the first race to start I suddenly hear little kids screaming nonsense from my tv.

Holy poo poo.

After four years of Call of Duty, I don't even notice anymore.

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Soooo... I set up my character watched the little intro video and as the camera was dropping down on my character standing on a street corner a sign came up saying 'You were kicked from the session by your crew members' (or something similar) and it dumped be back to single player.

Anything similar happen to anyone else?

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004

Parkingtigers posted:

That podcast said yes, and it was in RDR too.

Is there an option for free-aim servers? I've played 89 hours with free-aim and I don't want spastics with automagic aimbot guns ruining my fun.

Thank loving god, I refuse to play with anyone but friends/goons. Online gaming is pretty detestable 99% of the time for me outside of playing with decent people or MMOs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
I've gotta admit, I have no idea what I'm doing.

• Locked thread