Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
I don't even know whats happening here.

After waiting for the race to load for maybe 15 minutes now finally... something happened where I was at least walking around. But then I couldn't get into any cars and it said there was one other person it the game, but four or five people left one after another. And tt kept telling me to go to the race marker, but nothing would happen.

Then I punched out some dude and the cops showed up who shot me. The greyed out wasted screen appeared but it didn't restart me or anything, just stayed at the screen for over a minute.

Had to restart, and now waiting on other players again :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Currently unemployed and my Gold ran out yesterday. drat you!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Anyone able to patch on a US PS3 yet? I've just opened the game a few times to check, is there a better way to check for patches for specific games?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

vjee32 posted:

This is terrifying, I'm new to the whole online thing on xbox and now that I've been waiting for 5 minutes for the first race to start I suddenly hear little kids screaming nonsense from my tv.

Holy poo poo.

Hahaha, this is part of why I don't use my xbox anymore, less mics on Ps3. Though playing Last of Us online led to my favourite moments on my PS3 so far, listening to 2 Londoners screaming "HE'S OVER THERE BRUV AAAARRGH!" for about 20 minutes during a match. I was laughing so hard and actually stopped playing a few times just to hear them yell.

Anyone tried getting their hair cut yet? I need to know how meaty beards get.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Evil Eagle posted:

Anyone able to patch on a US PS3 yet? I've just opened the game a few times to check, is there a better way to check for patches for specific games?

They're probably waiting for R*'s announced release date, so likely in 39 minutes.

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004

Shoehead posted:

Hahaha, this is part of why I don't use my xbox anymore, less mics on Ps3. Though playing Last of Us online led to my favourite moments on my PS3 so far, listening to 2 Londoners screaming "HE'S OVER THERE BRUV AAAARRGH!" for about 20 minutes during a match. I was laughing so hard and actually stopped playing a few times just to hear them yell.

Anyone tried getting their hair cut yet? I need to know how meaty beards get.

I remember when RDR was released I spent a good 10 minutes laughing my balls off at some idiot teenager who kept yelling at me while I killed him because I was "cheating" aka crouched behind a crate headshotting him while he kept trying to rush in and kill me, it was great until I got bored anyway.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
First experience with another player: spawn in, hop in a car, see another guy spawn. Honk my horn to see if he wants to come along for the ride. Get shot in the head.

Great. Guess I have to be a ruthless psychopath, too.

Also, I kinda doubt I set the WR for that first race, game.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

So I just left an Online session and went back to one of my single player characters. Now stuck in house, can't leave or change character.

e: I am dumb, Trevor was unselectable for whatever reason. Switched to Franklin fine. Michael still trapped in house (sending help)

andyf fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 1, 2013

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So does lock-on targeting work in GTA:O? And are there special skills?

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
God drat these player models are ugly.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

RatHat posted:

So does lock-on targeting work in GTA:O? And are there special skills?

Pressing the special skill activation buttons LS + RS just does your personal gesture in Online.

Mr Fantastisch
Jun 17, 2010
So I take it this early online play is only working for Aussies with PS3s only?

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Mr Fantastisch posted:

Why would it?

It's not up on any PSN yet. It's only up for Xbox players, funny enough not Australian Xbox players.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Holy poo poo when you first die in free room the cutscene is amazing

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Mr Fantastisch posted:

UK + Xbox here

krupa
Apr 27, 2006
Holy poo poo. This is so good. I robbed a store and LordIceheart shot me in the back and ran off with the money. Gonna hunt this motherfucker down.

shrimp fried rice 4-EVA
Feb 2, 2012

Holding my breath and I'm playing for keeps.
Just started patching on an Aussie PS3. Not really sure if this is the patch for online though.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Ugh, been stuck on 'Launching Session' for what feels like ages, it's going to be one of those launches.
On the bright side Soulwax FM is playing.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
This is the longest hour waiting for anything, ever. I'm like an 8-year old kid on Christmas morning all over again. It's ridiculous. And yet, also kind of fantastic that a videogame can still get me this excited.

Time to load up the game again, see if PSN has got it.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

What's the goon crew again?

Siege
Aug 4, 2003
Grimey Drawer
Aussie Xbox here. Online is technically working, but I'm stuck waiting for the intro mission to start.

Mr_Chicken
Mar 23, 2009

UK PS3 here, just downloaded and now loading into Online. I assume it'll be horribly broken but there we go.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

awesome-express posted:

What's the goon crew again?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3569678

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Can't wait for PSN GTAO, wanna get in on some goony online action.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I just woke up; I am connected to gta online but I am stuck at launching session screen.

esit: On xbox in north america.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

UK PS3 patch just hit. Installing now. I can't wait :allears:

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
It says online is up and I made my character but now i am just stuck launching session and nothing is happening.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Create an invite only session if you want to bypass the matchmaking, which currently is broken. You can invite crew that way?

e: Yeah I do like this intro more than the normal GTAV one.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Oh boy, it hard froze my loving PS3. :what:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It looks like you get several slots for characters? (Two right now)

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004

Yardbomb posted:

Oh boy, it hard froze my loving PS3. :what:

I'm sorry but that just sent me into a giggle-fit. I always find it hilarious when online games go tits up at launch I guess.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Did you try to make Matsumoto, because that looks like Matsumoto.
I should play as Matsumoto regardless.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

And now I turn it back on and the update's not going. :shepicide:

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is there something I'm missing or is finding ATMs to deposit your money in a pain in the rear end? I'm riding around with 7k in cash on me and I'm terrified I'm gonna get killed but I can't find a ATM for the life of me.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Aurain posted:

Did you try to make Matsumoto, because that looks like Matsumoto.
I should play as Matsumoto regardless.

Hopefully I can find a pink sparkly cap.

Right now I'm doing an invite only session of GTA:O alone, the introduction is GREAT! Sadly it goes "failed to join job or activity" so something's busted on their end, error joining a session.

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

According to my Xbox I'm suffering from 'strict' NAT settings. Having looked online and tried a few router configurations I can't fix this showing up.

Anyone else had this same problem? Has it impacted your ability to play online? I've personally not had much experience playing online with the 360.

breed to death
Aug 16, 2013

lady blue shanghai posted:

Is anyone putting together an online discussion thread right now?

I wish one of us would have had the wherewithal to think of this yesterday. Now half of us will be cursing the loading screens while the other half spends the next 4 hours or so trying to min/max our neandarthavatars. I need to get a grizzly beard and some "my boyfriend beats me" sunglasses to cover up as much of this thing's face as possible.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Vetitum posted:

According to my Xbox I'm suffering from 'strict' NAT settings. Having looked online and tried a few router configurations I can't fix this showing up.

Anyone else had this same problem? Has it impacted your ability to play online? I've personally not had much experience playing online with the 360.

Some routers are hard-set to have moderate or higher NAT, you might be SOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reive
May 21, 2009

6 minutes waiting for the race, finally got to pick my car, now it's stuck on the loving transition to gameplay.
Yeah I think I'm just going to go invite only for now...

• Locked thread