Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
"Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable right now. Please try again later."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

breed to death posted:

I wish one of us would have had the wherewithal to think of this yesterday. Now half of us will be cursing the loading screens while the other half spends the next 4 hours or so trying to min/max our neandarthavatars. I need to get a grizzly beard and some "my boyfriend beats me" sunglasses to cover up as much of this thing's face as possible.

I read on the Rockstar newswire that you like, input how much your character parties, or something like that? And such inputs affect how the character looks? Is this accurate at all? If so, I think I'm going to make mine a goody-goody so they don't look beat to poo poo.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
edit: gently caress too many tabs open and not enough coffee

Stanko-Prussian fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Oct 1, 2013

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

Dan Didio posted:

Pressing the special skill activation buttons LS + RS just does your personal gesture in Online.

Where do you set your personal gesture? Was it when you choose your car in that first mission? There was a countdown timer so I rushed through that :ohdear:.

edit: Answered my own question. Hold Back and choose it from there.

PriorMarcus posted:

Currently unemployed and my Gold ran out yesterday. drat you!

I have a 14 day trial that came from Halo 4 if you want it.

Ronald Duck fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 1, 2013

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Reive posted:

6 minutes waiting for the race, finally got to pick my car, now it's stuck on the loving transition to gameplay.
Yeah I think I'm just going to go invite only for now...

how do you start that? I am still waiting for the race.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

breed to death posted:

Now half of us will be cursing the loading screens while the other half spends the next 4 hours or so trying to min/max our neandarthavatars.

I made a girl, and she came out a lot better ingame than what it looks like in the character creation screen.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

MrLonghair posted:

"Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable right now. Please try again later."

Same thing for me i really hope i have not lost my character now

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Vetitum posted:

According to my Xbox I'm suffering from 'strict' NAT settings. Having looked online and tried a few router configurations I can't fix this showing up.

Anyone else had this same problem? Has it impacted your ability to play online? I've personally not had much experience playing online with the 360.

I used to get that randomly, and I'm on a router that I can't mess with due to it requiring a login on a screen with no English text. I solved it by restarting my router once in a while, seemed to make it start up with looser NAT settings, which would randomly tighten up at some point. The classic turning it off and turning it on again solves many woes.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Looks like North America PS3 is the last to get the online patch :(

And I was hoping to get an hour or two in before work!

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Is the update purely GTA Online, or does it fix some offline bugs?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
No patch for GTAO yet at 7:08 EST on PSN, but it looks like BAWSAQ is down for maintenance, they might be resetting our Pisswasser stocks :v:

Reive
May 21, 2009

SuperHunBastard1690 posted:

how do you start that? I am still waiting for the race.

No idea, I'm in the Online section of the story mode's start menu right now and there doesn't seem to be an option to create a private game.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Just staring at a blank screen after trying to swap to the fourth character.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Is there something I'm missing or is finding ATMs to deposit your money in a pain in the rear end? I'm riding around with 7k in cash on me and I'm terrified I'm gonna get killed but I can't find a ATM for the life of me.

Holding down back opens a Quick GPS. Select ATM :).

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Played a bit and the hand wave on your character's silence is funny. My first shared mission seemed a little janky. I had to rob a store with some dude and he just waited in my badass FUTO(!) I had jacked minutes earlier outside the store. After we escaped the cops we kind of split up and not sure what happened but it said I was a bad sport and I should be careful in the future. I was the one who got the cash bag for holding up the gas station so I'm not sure if it doesn't automatically split it or what.

Overall once I think once I figure out the quirks and how to login to my Social Club to join a goon squad this will be seriously bangin'.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Reive posted:

No idea, I'm in the Online section of the story mode's start menu right now and there doesn't seem to be an option to create a private game.

A solo GTAO option appeared for me at the Nth time I was booted back to single player. Those sessions still time out on creation though.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Let Gustav race already.

bulbous nub
Jul 29, 2007

It's ok; I'm taking it back.
Lipstick Apathy

Gordong Dongbay posted:

Is there something I'm missing or is finding ATMs to deposit your money in a pain in the rear end? I'm riding around with 7k in cash on me and I'm terrified I'm gonna get killed but I can't find a ATM for the life of me.

I'm still waiting on the patch on the PS3, but a thread on Reddit says that you can deposit cash straight from your phone on the Maze Bank website. Might make things a little easier.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Well that's great, it loaded up where the tutorial race was supposed to be and the marker was missing so my character walked through it and now I have control and can move around with no objective.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I have never used the PS3 to do anything before I started playing GTA5, how do I get the patch for online?

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Downloading now in NA PSN!

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Yeah, as expected really, servers are taking a battering and everything is slow as gently caress.

Restarted my console and when it reconnected I had a completely different character. Who was nowhere near as cool as mine, so I hope that hasn't saved.

I'll give a few hours till I try again.

tehgrif
Apr 3, 2009

Just got the PS3 patch in NA.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

After we escaped the cops we kind of split up and not sure what happened but it said I was a bad sport and I should be careful in the future.

Apparently there's some kind of system you can use to downrate or report people for being a ~*bad sport*~ if you're not happy with your money or something? Gee, I'm sure that'll only be used for legitimate reasons.

RamrodMC
Mar 2, 2011

midget astronaut
Patched on PS3 in Europe about 30 minutes ago. Managed to create a character but keep failing to join session.

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
Live US EST on PSN!

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Flameingblack posted:

I have never used the PS3 to do anything before I started playing GTA5, how do I get the patch for online?

To get the patch on PS3, restart playstation, then start up GTAV and you will receive a prompt to patch.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

If you buy a GTAO property that'll be your spawn, scuse me while I RMT.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Bohemian Nights posted:

I made a girl, and she came out a lot better ingame than what it looks like in the character creation screen.

Same here, must be the first time a character creator was dishonest in a good way.

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004
No sooner did it go live on the NA PSN when I hear police sirens off in the distance while I have my window open.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Mitt Romney posted:

To get the patch on PS3, restart playstation, then start up GTAV and you will receive a prompt to patch.

It's a shockingly small patch, too, just 39mb.

Zaran
Mar 26, 2010

I got as far as entering into the "mandatory driving mission" before I failed to connect to a valid session.

Try starting a invite only game from the start menu, seems to help a bit at least.

Mr Fantastisch
Jun 17, 2010
Looks like the world is smashing the servers so hard, we took down social club. Again

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004
I wonder if they'll slip anything into single player like UFO junk or whatever, or was that all just a giant cocktease anyway?

Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art
Switching the character to the online one on the 360 just gives me a black screen and a softlock. :(

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

Played a bit and the hand wave on your character's silence is funny. My first shared mission seemed a little janky. I had to rob a store with some dude and he just waited in my badass FUTO(!) I had jacked minutes earlier outside the store. After we escaped the cops we kind of split up and not sure what happened but it said I was a bad sport and I should be careful in the future. I was the one who got the cash bag for holding up the gas station so I'm not sure if it doesn't automatically split it or what.

Overall once I think once I figure out the quirks and how to login to my Social Club to join a goon squad this will be seriously bangin'.

You have to split the money via an awkward and unintuitive menu but the game does tell you how to do it, or at least it did for me.

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004
I can't even save a character thanks to the servers having melted down. Surprise surprise!

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!
This is the worst character creation system I've ever seen.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

futureproof posted:

This is the worst character creation system I've ever seen.

Amen. I am playing on an hd monitor and I can't really tell what the grandparents look like. It's some serious 2002 Sims 1 portrait bullass. Let me make my own dudes dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinal Pap
Jun 24, 2007

uh-

Mike Cartwright posted:

Switching the character to the online one on the 360 just gives me a black screen and a softlock. :(
I get the same problem on PS3.

• Locked thread