Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!

Parkingtigers posted:

I can't play yet, drat servers, but my slacker girl Kitty is ready. Yeah, worst creator ever. Can't believe they didn't copy Saints Row and let people sort this out in advance so all the online personas were already stored. I just stopped messing with heritage once I got someone vaguely human looking, and stopped pissing with lifestyle once I got clothes I could put up with for the first hour or so.

That looks surprisingly decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004
I have a good guess where that $800 million made will be going in the next few days, what a glorious goddamn mess this is, not like it's all unexpected.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

The character creation system is rear end, but I managed to make a guy I was happy with anyways. It'd be better if you could see the parents/grandparents clearly. Anyways I can't get online :( you'd think Rockstar would have spent the assload of money they made on more and better servers.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou
The heritage characters aren't from any GTA games tho? They're just random people. Very very ugly random people.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't switch single player characters anymore. Weird. Hope Online works when I get home!

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Wheezle posted:

Yeah it's completely broken on PSN at least. Can't even start a solo game.

Be glad. I got on and won some races, robbed some places, and killed some people. Then I spent some cash upgrading my car and it wouldn't let me leave the garage, so I had to exit to the dashboard. Now if I try to go online I get a message that it can't load "Character 1" and it kicks me back to the regular game.

I was so happy to get in on hour one and start earning some cash, but I fear it's gone down the digital toilet already.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Oct 1, 2013

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24335528

"oh poo poo we sold a lot.. "

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
After playing for a bit, the game dropped out and forced me to drop to dash. Got back in alright, but pretty much immediately gave me a hard lock.

My old-rear end 360 doesn't appreciate hard locks.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
I hope y 'all sold your stocks last night, if Social Club is correct everything's been reset :v:

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

futureproof posted:

I'm stuck waiting for other players on the first mission the game immediately forces you into.

I got this too. Except I'm on an invite-only session so I don't think my chances of getting through this are too good.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

lady blue shanghai posted:

The heritage characters aren't from any GTA games tho? They're just random people. Very very ugly random people.

I was surprised by this too I expected them to have all the characters from rockstar games from the guy from LA noir to Little Jacob from GTA4.

I feel they missed out by putting the boring random characters in

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
In but no first mission marker?

Do I just roll out now?

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

my new dog posted:

I can't switch single player characters anymore. Weird. Hope Online works when I get home!

I'm glad I'm not the only one having the same problem.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!
Lol! After getting hung up on the first mission it's now saying my character slot was corrupted. Oh well. Round 2.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa

Sondlar posted:

Yeah these characters look like absolute rear end. Who the gently caress thought this was passable in 2013? WHO?!

If you spend 30 minutes tooling around with it you can get some decent looking characters (as in: not crack addicts) if that's your thing. The main problem is your grandparents photos are so small.

You can see how the genetics system works but eventually once you've got an idea of how you want your person to look, it does kind of boil down to endlessly flicking between members of your ancestry and tweaking sliders. But still more 'fun' than pages of sliders in other games, probably.

Don't worry though, after that it throws you into an unskippable race with no menu and it's of course totally hammered.

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Oct 1, 2013

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Ausgoons with xbox, add me on XBL - iRend there too.

I don't want to be alone :(

Game's been working fine for me so far, except for 12 year olds yelling at me when I shoot them in the face. Chat was quickly muted.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

Duke Chin posted:

Follow blue marker: Get out of your car.

Is there anyone specific I'm meant to go? I'm walking around in circles here and nothings happening.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

All of the characters that I've randomized look like loving crack addicts with unhealthy skin. This character creation thing is loving terrible.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
So am I being stupid or is there no way to set up a private invite-only free-roam session? I can see how you do it for races, deathmatches, etc. but not for the main running around mayhem deal.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Munion posted:

This happened to me, now I don't seem to have a car... The tutorial moved on(finished now) and I still have no contact in my phone for the insurance company. I think I lost my free car...

Yeah the insurance contact isn't on my phone either :/

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa

Odette posted:

All of the characters that I've randomized look like loving crack addicts with unhealthy skin. This character creation thing is loving terrible.

Don't rely entirely on the random button. And go to the stats screen and adjust those things because they affect your appearance.

And don't worry because you're probably going to have to do it all again later/in a week when the servers cool off.

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004
So they're probably going to eventually overhaul this god awful character creator, right? Why the gently caress did they not just let us do it you know like every other character creator in any other game? My guy looks like a total douchebag.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

So evidently doing any 'Illegal Work' at all means your character has to look like a methhead. Well at least that poo poo doesn't really matter.

Now to keep watching every Michael warp-to scene repeatedly because Rockstar didn't think to put in something as simple as a 'retry' button when it fails to connect or host a game :suicide:

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

Anyone else getting console freezes? 360 died twice on me now, both times while loading between online missions.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Made my first character, started loading and I was expecting an intro, then it randomly dumped me in the air just behind the Vinewood sign, where I got sucker punched by a guy. As messed up as it is it's pretty funny.

I'm not annoyed really that it's not working yet, seeing as how it's the fastest selling game in history it's totally expected. I may try later on today or most likely next week. Really looking forward to it when it works properly though!

Reive
May 21, 2009

Even the social club website is making GBS threads itself right now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Creepy Goat posted:

I hope y 'all sold your stocks last night, if Social Club is correct everything's been reset :v:

Nah, PIS is sitting at 14.1 for me right now. Soon I will have that golf course.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Hopefully these server issues resolve themselves by the time I get home from work today.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

iRend posted:

Ausgoons with xbox, add me on XBL - iRend there too.

I don't want to be alone :(

Game's been working fine for me so far, except for 12 year olds yelling at me when I shoot them in the face. Chat was quickly muted.

Hi, I already have you on my list as angrynaut. Is there an Australian gang thingo set up?

Any other Australians out there, feel free to add me, too.

In ugly-rear end-characters chat, I managed to make a pretty normal looking guy by not mixing races (who knew Rockstar were racial purists?) in my lineage and maxing all resemblance to the male side of the family.

For a good shot of your character, hold the back/select(?) button and scroll down to Player Mood.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Anyone else having trouble signing into PSN? All my saved passwords stopped working.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Creepy Goat posted:

Social Club isn't loading for me, what's it say exactly?

Sondlar
Sep 9, 2004

Reive posted:

Even the social club website is making GBS threads itself right now.

I imagine the Rockstar staff are looking at the flood of people on their servers ala Deep Impact when the comet hits the ocean and all just hugging and looking away from their monitors.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Edit: ^^^ ...or that. Hah

I can just imagine some panicked Scotsman somewhere physically tearing cat5 cables out and replacing old, busted routers somewhere trying to get gta:o working for 15 million people on the first morning.

...poor Seamus MacItguy.

HotCheetoChallenge
Jun 17, 2012

iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou

Harmonica posted:

If you spend 30 minutes tooling around with it you can get some decent looking characters (as in: not crack addicts) if that's your thing. The main problem is your grandparents photos are so small.

I thought it was confirmed there would be GTA characters. I didn't know it was just a rumor :confused:

edit: R* characters I mean. People were talking about making John Marston their granpappy

Virginia Blend
Jan 5, 2010
Wow this is a loving mess...

Reive
May 21, 2009

Can't pratfall online, worst game ever.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Yeah, this is broken as gently caress. Characters got deleted twice now, game won't let me progress or just hard locks. A mess indeed.

Edit: I can't even get a game menu when I press start. Wow.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Aishan posted:

So am I being stupid or is there no way to set up a private invite-only free-roam session? I can see how you do it for races, deathmatches, etc. but not for the main running around mayhem deal.

It's in the online menu chosen from single-player.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

lady blue shanghai posted:

I thought it was confirmed there would be GTA characters. I didn't know it was just a rumor :confused:

edit: R* characters I mean. People were talking about making John Marston their granpappy

You hit the Y button when selecting your Dad and can choose John Marston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virginia Blend
Jan 5, 2010
I have no sympathy for Rockstar on this. They had to know this was gonna be huge and still they dropped the ball.

• Locked thread