Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Geez. Would it KILL Atlus to just release SMTIV in PAL regions.

Not everyone liked the idea of Nintendo scooping up Atlus, but at least if they had, we wouldn't have to go through this bullshit every time they make a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Some really cool stuff there, can't wait to try out the AA5 demo.

No SMT4 EU release date probably isn't good though. Does that mean we'll be waiting until 2014?

mid83
Oct 15, 2012
Couple questions about today's releases.

1.) Is the new EO a remake of EO1? Is the story mode they talked about in the direct worth it despite the fact I just beat EO1 about six months ago?

2.) Isn't Rune Factory 4 out today? Any word on how this game is yet? I haven't been able to find any reviews yet. This would be my first animal crossing type game. AC sounds boring to me but the dungeon stuff in RF4 makes me interested.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Crawfish posted:

Geez. Would it KILL Atlus to just release SMTIV in PAL regions.

Not everyone liked the idea of Nintendo scooping up Atlus, but at least if they had, we wouldn't have to go through this bullshit every time they make a game.

Considering that Atlus literally doesn't have a European branch, it's out of their hands. They'd need some kind of agreement with someone who does (Nintendo, Sega, NISA, etc) to get the games published outside of NA.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Artix posted:

Considering that Atlus literally doesn't have a European branch, it's out of their hands. They'd need some kind of agreement with someone who does (Nintendo, Sega, NISA, etc) to get the games published outside of NA.

Atlus being eaten up by SEGA is probably going to make this process a lot better in the future I'd imagine, they're pretty good about EU releases right?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hace posted:

Atlus being eaten up by SEGA is probably going to make this process a lot better in the future I'd imagine, they're pretty good about EU releases right?

They are indeed. Same-day releases as the rest of the world most of the time.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Tx2005 posted:

Couple questions about today's releases.

1.) Is the new EO a remake of EO1? Is the story mode they talked about in the direct worth it despite the fact I just beat EO1 about six months ago?

2.) Isn't Rune Factory 4 out today? Any word on how this game is yet? I haven't been able to find any reviews yet. This would be my first animal crossing type game. AC sounds boring to me but the dungeon stuff in RF4 makes me interested.

EOU is a remake of EO1, yes. The story mode is more for traditional JRPG fans and newcomers than hardcore EO fans, I think. They did change the dungeons a lot, added the interface improvements from EO4, etc but I haven't played it so I don't know how essential it is.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!

Tx2005 posted:

Isn't Rune Factory 4 out today? Any word on how this game is yet? I haven't been able to find any reviews yet. This would be my first animal crossing type game. AC sounds boring to me but the dungeon stuff in RF4 makes me interested.

Many game shops haven't opened, coupled with the fact that RF4 is not digitally available until the eShop updates later in the day. Most people probably don't have their hands on it yet. From what I've heard of the original Japanese release, however, the game is fun and a good refinement of the Rune Factory system — I'm not sure how I'd compare it to Animal Crossing because the atmospheres are definitely different. AC is more zen, do whatever you like whenever you like, while RF is more goal-oriented with a story, quests, dungeons, building character relationships, city management and all that good stuff.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Tx2005 posted:

I want DQVII :(

I think at this point it's never going to happen. Oh well, Bravely Default looks great (aside from the terrible VA)

Maybe they're just holding onto the news until it's like 90% translated so it'll be released a month or so after they announce it :unsmith:

The DS versions of the DQ games were my first entry into the series and now I'm hooked. You can't start a habit and then not feed it, Nintendo. Don't Metroid this up!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
While I'm pleased that for PAL-region, Bravely Default is coming in early December (with bonus stuff!), I'm worried about SMT4 and their slipping release date. Dammit, I just want pokemonminions to command.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Tx2005 posted:

One other big change that hasn't been mentioned is that the entire game has been re-balanced, starting with new skill trees for all classes and the addition of the Grimoire system which basically allows you to graft out-of-class and monster skills onto your characters.

(You can't trivialize the entire game with Immunize and Defender now, or so I've heard.)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
From the NOE press release: "Mario Party: Island Tour: Not announced in this latest Nintendo Direct, but in order to deliver the optimum gaming experience for fans, Mario Party: Island Tour will now launch in early 2014."

EDIT: oh, and Europe is finally getting Scribblenauts Unlimited in December. Weird.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I love Kirby games! I want to see the new Kirby game. I'm glad Nintendo is focusing their efforts on the 3DS honestly, I have 0 interest in getting a Wii U.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Dual Destinies demo is up on the EU eShop, downloading now. (804 blocks I think)

E: Also it looks like the game is going to be Ł19.99

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Oct 1, 2013

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I pretty much predicted this back when the LTTP 2 stuff came out. With the unified magic meter and stuff, one item at a time, they all use magic.

quote:

He also revealed that the game will dramatically alter the traditional Zelda formula, allowing players to tackle dungeons in whatever order they choose. This will be possible thanks to a special shop where Link can rent and purchase items that would normally only be found in dungeons, including series staples like the hookshot, boomerang and hammer.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Harlock posted:

I pretty much predicted this back when the LTTP 2 stuff came out. With the unified magic meter and stuff, one item at a time, they all use magic.

Ooof, hopefully the "one item at a time" thing is restricted to your built-in sequence-breaking item. Looks like it is, though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Phoenix Wright demo's up on the NA store, found it by going direct to the Phoenix Wright page.

mid83
Oct 15, 2012
That Rune Factory 4 trailer on the eshop looks pretty neat.

Are the dungeons and action rpg elements of the game a major component? If it's mostly Animal Crossing with a couple dungeons, I'll pass. But if it's got a number of dungeons and that aspect of the game is a primary component I might grab this later when it releases on the eShop.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Usually a bunch of dungeons. The first game had like 10 for example, but the later two have one for each season and an associated boss. Combat is more important because that's how you progress the plot, but there's nothing to stop you from casually farming forever.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Here's the Nintendo Direct footage for Attack on Titan 3DS. It kind of comes across as Monhan + Spider Man 2 + I dunno some kind of Zone of Enders thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOby5_Ph30w

Just tell me when I can buy a Japanese 2DS, Nintendo.

C-BOX
Feb 7, 2010

by Debbie Metallica

Tx2005 posted:

That Rune Factory 4 trailer on the eshop looks pretty neat.

Are the dungeons and action rpg elements of the game a major component? If it's mostly Animal Crossing with a couple dungeons, I'll pass. But if it's got a number of dungeons and that aspect of the game is a primary component I might grab this later when it releases on the eShop.

Well, it's not really like Animal Crossing at all, more Harvest Moon. And from the previous titles I've played, yes, the dungeons are a key part of the game, as you use them to get materials to craft items. In the first Rune Factory there was also an overarching plot involving boss battles in the dungeons, so you needed to get better gear, level up, etc... your standard JRPG stuff.

Not sure if it's carried over into the sequels, but in the first Rune Factory, the dungeons were season based, and had farm patches so you could grow, say Autumn crops, year round.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh dear

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

SHUT DOWN THE INTERNET. THIS IS TOO HEAVY.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Policenaut posted:

Here's the Nintendo Direct footage for Attack on Titan 3DS. It kind of comes across as Monhan + Spider Man 2 + I dunno some kind of Zone of Enders thing?

This looks both incredibly fun and hilariously frustrating, and I want it.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

"Uhh, that's...not for sale."

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Oh my.

Oh my.

It might just be a neat little easter egg..but I doubt it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Death to region locking.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Policenaut posted:

quote:

Eren Yaeger
:getout:

I do like how they didn't actually show actually killing a titan. And how Eren completely whiffed that attack at 0:25 :laugh:

mid83
Oct 15, 2012
When does the eshop usually update?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Tx2005 posted:

When does the eshop usually update?

Thursday.

mid83
Oct 15, 2012

Dunban posted:

Thursday.

I appreciate your contribution

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Dunban posted:

Oh my.

Oh my.

They've been teasing a 3DS Majora all year even if they've been legally bound not to say anything.

If it wasn't Nintendo execs dancing around the question it was Bill Trinen nonchalantly going "Look at my villager in New Leaf he's wearing Majora's Mask IT'S AWESOME AHAHA." during a Comic-Con related video on their YouTube channel.

fattypigfatty
Feb 18, 2007

a walking stereotype of self-indulgence
Fun Shoe
Rune Factory 4 is up on the eshop.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Dunban posted:

Oh my.

Oh my.

Both that and good ol' Dampe from OoT showing up again made me smile.

I mean look at this charming motherfucker.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Policenaut posted:

I really don't get the hype behind this, it just looks clunky and slow every time I see it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hace posted:

I really don't get the hype behind this, it just looks clunky and slow every time I see it.

It's based on a popular thing.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Best secret thing from the direct today was them going "Guess getting one person for each point ain't enough. Alright bump it up to six." after looking at the Streetpass Relay numbers.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Best secret thing from the direct today was them going "Guess getting one person for each point ain't enough. Alright bump it up to six." after looking at the Streetpass Relay numbers.

Whoa really? Sweeet.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Good day/month for my 3DS library. Pokémon was a given, but a Ł20 this month AA5 is a real treat and Dec 6th BD is the icing on the cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Ace Attorney 5 demo dropped out of nowhere. It's beautiful. Capcom, I am ready to surrender my tender to you please.

And there's a "Like a Boss" reference. Good to see the time honored tradition of inserting tired internet memes into the translations hasn't changed!

• Locked thread