Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

River posted:

Sit on the top floor of C and unload every time the elevator doors open.

Can we not re-arm from our own ammo packs anymore?

The default ammo pack only resupplies bullets. You need to unlock an upgraded ammo pack in order to resupply explosives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

River posted:

Sit on the top floor of C and unload every time the elevator doors open.

Can we not re-arm from our own ammo packs anymore?

Yes you can do this, but only bullets. I think this is because explosives are only replenished by the new larger ammo box that either we've not unlocked or is not available in the beta.

River
Apr 22, 2012
Nothin' but the rain
^^^^^^^^^

Aah I see, thanks.

One more question, what exactly is it that causes the building at C to fall down?

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

River posted:

^^^^^^^^^

Aah I see, thanks.

One more question, what exactly is it that causes the building at C to fall down?

Destroy the (four?) giant pillars on the side of the building that faces the bay. Then run.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

River posted:

^^^^^^^^^

Aah I see, thanks.

The pillars facing the water, there are 4.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Riflen posted:

Yes you can do this, but only bullets. I think this is because explosives are only replenished by the new larger ammo box that either we've not unlocked or is not available in the beta.

I'm going to venture that the upgraded ammo box is part of a battle pack?

Is it me or is this catering less and less to the battlefield crowd?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

^^^ The upgraded ammo pack is actually BF4 premium only.

At first the new ammo packs seem lovely, but one important differences is that your soldier picks them up when he runs over it so you no longer need to stay close to the pack to get ammo. You can just keep going afterwards, this consumes the pack, but the support can throw two at the time and then regen in his inventory just like vehicle ammo does.

The small health packs functions the same way.

To heal/resupply specific people with the packs try to throw it at them and the pack will home in on them in the air.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
So BF4 is pay to win then? You get heaps better unlocks for having premium?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I just unlocked the Ammo box and man oh man does it make the airburst insanely powerful.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Zotix posted:

Destroying C should require some c4 or other explosives placed inside the tower.

You should have to make an engineer coat the pillars with nano-thermite paint first

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

Sandweed posted:

^^^ The upgraded ammo pack is actually BF4 premium only.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

God drat it sandweed!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Riflen posted:

God drat it sandweed!

Really the sad part is that people can't tell whats real and whats sarcasm anymore at this point. Thanks EA.

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

Barnsy posted:

That's going to make this game incredibly uninteresting...

Come full release time, I reckon the commander's job on this map will be roof cleaning.

Doctor Doctor
May 25, 2009

"I'm not a hero, I'm just an old killer"

numptyboy posted:

Come full release time, I reckon the commander's job on this map will be roof cleaning.

I was just in a server where the US had what looked like 3 squads worth of guys on the roof of the tower between D and E :negative:

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

Doctor Doctor posted:

I was just in a server where the US had what looked like 3 squads worth of guys on the roof of the tower between D and E :negative:

This wouldn't be so bad if the attack chopper respawn wasn't about 4 minutes.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

You unlock everything like you would in BF3. Anything you get from battlepacks is similar poo poo with a different look.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Doflamingo posted:

You unlock everything like you would in BF3. Anything you get from battlepacks is similar poo poo with a different look.
Can we put this in the OP with big giant letters?

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

Ravenfood posted:

Can we put this in the OP with big giant letters?

Is it worth it? People will still just jump in at page 20 and ask the same dumb poo poo.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Riflen posted:

God drat it sandweed!

:wink:

People are so mad about Battlepacks™ they are ready to believe anything as long as it feeds the EA hate train.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Please forgive me for being naive and thinking an upstanding goon like Sandweed wouldn't lie to poor, innocent goon like me.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Riflen posted:

Is it worth it? People will still just jump in at page 20 and ask the same dumb poo poo.

I'd say it was. Just have an FAQ section at the bottom, only takes 2 seconds to copy/paste.

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life

Zotix posted:

Destroying C should require some c4 or other explosives placed inside the tower.

They just need to randomize the Levolution "health" crap per round so you don't always play games where it falls right away. Either that or add a director a la Left 4 Dead 2. If one team is dominating the round and holding onto C the whole match, drop the health of building so it falls easily etc.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Jippa posted:

I'd say it was. Just have an FAQ section at the bottom, only takes 2 seconds to copy/paste.

It's hopeless. People still continued buying SimCity when the thread title was almost literally "DO NOT BUY THIS GAME".

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Doflamingo posted:

I got an 8x scope from my first battlepack.

Battlepacks are just turning unlocks into lottery with some XP boosts and camos in between.

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life

jisforjosh posted:

SSD (had huge load times till I moved those .zip files in the DirectX folder posted earlier)

Do you mean the .cab files in Origin Games/Battlefield 4 Beta/_Installer/directx/redist/ ?

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Riflen posted:

This wouldn't be so bad if the attack chopper respawn wasn't about 4 minutes.

Solution - Play shooting mans bowling with the huey. I get 10-15 kills in a round alone from playing HUEYHAMMER.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The passenger seats on the Huey let you turn almost completely around. You can easily place an ammo box for everyone to resupply from. Just fly around with airbursters on both sides along with gunners and just destroy everything.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

SaucyLoggins posted:

Do you mean the .cab files in Origin Games/Battlefield 4 Beta/_Installer/directx/redist/ ?

Yeah, sorry. Just create a new folder inside that folder, and move them in there.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Oh hey, according to BF4 central some Galil ACE guns will be in the full release. That's cool. BUT WHERE'S MY MTAR

EDIT: Are DMRs semi-auto only despite their real-life counter parts being select-fire, along the same lines as the M417 in BF3?

Also what the hell is the RFB doing in this game? It's cool to see it in a video game, but funny at the same time since it's basically an available-to-rich-Americans-only gun (with a spotty reputation at that) made by a relatively small operation out of Florida. It's like the DICE gun team just somehow happened upon it as was like "sure, that one too." Ain't complainin', though.

DrPop fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Oct 2, 2013

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I haven't paid too much attention when my game did work, and can't get back in now...what's the vehicle ammo mechanic everyone loves?

edit: I can't even update punkbuster because:
ERROR: The update attempt failed because the file "http://websec.evenbalance.com:6080/downloads/pbgame.htm" is missing on the update servers. Please try again later.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Elendil004 posted:

I haven't paid too much attention when my game did work, and can't get back in now...what's the vehicle ammo mechanic everyone loves?

edit: I can't even update punkbuster because:
ERROR: The update attempt failed because the file "http://websec.evenbalance.com:6080/downloads/pbgame.htm" is missing on the update servers. Please try again later.

You basically can't just spam fire. You have a reserve of ammo. Once thats depleted you have to wait a while before your next reserve of ammo resupplies.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

DrPop posted:

Also what the hell is the RFB doing in this game? It's cool to see it in a video game, but funny at the same time since it's basically an available-to-rich-Americans-only gun (with a spotty reputation at that) made by a relatively small operation out of Florida. It's like the DICE gun team just somehow happened upon it as was like "sure, that one too." Ain't complainin', though.

Dice loves weird guns that are to weird to live.

See: PDW-R, MK3A1 ect.

KatMan911
Jan 21, 2002
CHEAP FUCKASS. I HAVE NO COMPASSION. IGNORE ME. I AM WORTHLESS.
One new thing I really, really, really like is that, while you are in a tank, it shows the direction you are being locked on from. I REALLY like it.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Would somebody kindly tell me what a 'rangefinder' is as well as what 'zeroing' your scope means and how to do it?

tarehart
May 9, 2002
Hey dudes, I really hate push to talk, so I wrote a program. I'm probably a dumbass and this is already solved by something else, but whatever.
https://github.com/tarehart/alter/releases/tag/v0.1

It listens to the mic and sends the left Alt key when you're talking. The experience is a lot like mumble / other 3rd party voice chat programs.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Would somebody kindly tell me what a 'rangefinder' is as well as what 'zeroing' your scope means and how to do it?

It's the SOFLAM thingy from my understanding. You point it at something and hit the button and you'll get the range between your guy and the object and then the scope will adjust to hit things at that distance. No more looking up into the sky to get that 300 meter headshot.

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

Goddamn I want floodzone. But Shanghai is pretty drat good. I never realized how big the map was, the scale is great. At the same time it's pretty easy to get around or go behind lines.

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

Lazyfire posted:

It's the SOFLAM thingy from my understanding. You point it at something and hit the button and you'll get the range between your guy and the object and then the scope will adjust to hit things at that distance. No more looking up into the sky to get that 300 meter headshot.

I believe the rangefinder is attached to the rifle. You can see it on the M98B in the Paracel Storm trailer. Distance to target is shown in the scope view.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Lazyfire posted:

Does this work with all the sniper scopes? It just automatically zeroes at the last location that you lased with the rangefinder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Has anyone had any luck getting battle screen to work on their devices? I saw someone apparently had it working with a second monitor, so maybe it's PC only at the moment? I can't find any information about this online and I wanna try it :smith:

• Locked thread