Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
That AI's response was pretty extreme, but if you imitated the AI without an agent card or a set of tools then you basically deserve what you get. It's one crystal to not beacon yourself and 2 minutes to grab a set of tools from an autolathe and stuff them into your internals box. Yeah he probably shouldn't have prosecuted a grudge, but you antagonized the omniscient spirit of the station and didn't expect there to be consequences? Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

backifran
Mar 22, 2009

I love BYOB

Coolguye posted:

That AI's response was pretty extreme, but if you imitated the AI without an agent card or a set of tools then you basically deserve what you get. It's one crystal to not beacon yourself and 2 minutes to grab a set of tools from an autolathe and stuff them into your internals box. Yeah he probably shouldn't have prosecuted a grudge, but you antagonized the omniscient spirit of the station and didn't expect there to be consequences? Please.

I was that AI and almost from the start I was under a 1 human law but with orders not to harm anyone or reveal I was rogue. To protect my human I outed every traitor I saw except the human - the HoP was creating a dangerous situation by impersonating me so I picked on him.

Later on my law got changed by someone else to a cyborgs must suicide one but I was enjoying loving with the HoP for so blatantly having a voice changer :-)

Two sides to every story...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Joined late-ish as a traitor barman, proceeded to the kitchen where I ordered a lovely crate. PDA bombed the chef while trying to work out if I could do anything interesting with my gear, followed him into his fridge to finish him off... then passed out and died of no visible cause within a few seconds.

Whoever has figured out how to do horrible things with the air filters, I beg you to stop already.

edit: oh my god my PDA bomb broke the c02 pipe and created a massive lethal c02 eruption
this single PDA bomb killed five people

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 2, 2013

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Carbon dioxide can drop you ridiculously fast. I didn't even have time to cough before I was staring at a black screen.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Dead at three minutes in from spawning next to a changeling in mining right at the start, and being their first victim. :suicide:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Guy tries to ignite a pack of syndicools, and gets sad when they don't explode. So I show him a real explosion by activating a small bomb and gibbing myself right beside him. :v:

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

YellerBill posted:

Dead at three minutes in from spawning next to a changeling in mining right at the start, and being their first victim. :suicide:

Yeah, mining seems to either be super safe or you die immediately.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

backifran posted:

I was that AI and almost from the start I was under a 1 human law but with orders not to harm anyone or reveal I was rogue. To protect my human I outed every traitor I saw except the human - the HoP was creating a dangerous situation by impersonating me so I picked on him.

Later on my law got changed by someone else to a cyborgs must suicide one but I was enjoying loving with the HoP for so blatantly having a voice changer :-)

Two sides to every story...

Well, that solves that mystery!

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
What the hell just happened in server 1? :v: I love this game!

e: I was in the escape dock lobby picking up lit cigarettes from the floor (LITTER!!!) when all of a sudden everything burns. Someone extinguishes me in the escape shuttle, then POD OF DOOM out of nowhere starts busting down the shuttle's windows. Then someone farts plasma. Then everything burns again. Then everything explodes

e2: the lag is unbearable, is it that bad for everyone else? Menus are stuck open, or I have to click them a dozen times before the click registers, stuff like that

hackbunny fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 3, 2013

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I spent the entire round prepping for a pod of doom, and then when I finally got it working the shuttle was arriving. So I just starting blasting out the windows and blowing up other pods.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009

Felime posted:

Yeah, mining seems to either be super safe or you die immediately.

The first time I tried mining, three miners ganged up on one other miner, knocked him down to the floor, and force-fed him the bacon and eggs that spawn in the mining outpost while yelling something like "EAT YOUR EGGS! EAT YOUR loving EGGS!". After they accomplished that, they gathered their gear and went out to mine normally. They left me completely alone, while I just kind of stared at them, terrified.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sounds about right.

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.
So many changeling rounds tonight. That's three in a row. Two of the times I was killed, I was only one ingredient away from making grog. :negative:

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
So is there a trick to hotwiring the engine? I tried to make a direct connection from the engine to the power grid several times over the past few days, and with the exception of tonight, have always hosed over the power grid so that no wire is powered. My first (failed) attempt looked something like this:

code:
- Is a normal cable, o is the dot you get when you place cable on a tile

--o-- Top cable is engine, so MWs of power
  |
  |   Middle cable is unpowered
  |
--o-- Bottom cable is SMES output and station grid, so usually around 400kW of power
Apparently this wasn't working. I had the wires connecting directly, and that middle wire would stay unpowered the entire time. I eventually would cut wires here and there, and even after replacing the wires exactly as I had left them, they would remain unpowered for the rest of the round. This was especially true with SMES output wires - messing with them even a little bit would cause them to not output any power for the rest of the round.

Is there some trick to wiring in general that I'm not getting? I haven't found anything on the goonstation wiki that seems relevant. The only time I got the wiring to work was when I pried up all of the floor tiles in engineering some five to seven minutes after wiring everything up. Could that have affected things? I was making connections under the floor tiles in that case, and it was my first night really experimenting with curved wires.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."

Dirk the Average posted:

So is there a trick to hotwiring the engine? I tried to make a direct connection from the engine to the power grid several times over the past few days, and with the exception of tonight, have always hosed over the power grid so that no wire is powered. My first (failed) attempt looked something like this:

code:

|
  |
--o-- Bottom cable is SMES output and station grid, so usually around 400kW of power
Apparently this wasn't working. I had the wires connecting directly, and that middle wire would stay unpowered the entire time. I eventually would cut wires here and there, and even after replacing the wires exactly as I had left them, they would remain unpowered for the rest of the round. This was especially true with SMES output wires - messing with them even a little bit would cause them to not output any power for the rest of the round.

Is there some trick to wiring in general that I'm not getting? I haven't found anything on the goonstation wiki that seems relevant. The only time I got the wiring to work was when I pried up all of the floor tiles in engineering some five to seven minutes after wiring everything up. Could that have affected things? I was making connections under the floor tiles in that case, and it was my first night really experimenting with curved wires.

I think the wiring works in such a way that you need to connect new wires to existing wires that only have one connection. I may be wrong, but I've had the same issues but I did get power flowing by doing it that way.

For reference I think that means your diagram up there should look more like this
code:

/-- Top cable is engine, so MWs of power
  |
  |    Middle cable is unpowered
  |
-/     Bottom cable is SMES output and station grid, so usually around 400kW of power
Edit: Basically I think if you have a "knot" in your wire or a right angle along the line it's doomed to fail.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Not true! I've gotten it to work by cutting the SMES battery wires, then running a wire down through the airlock directly north of the batteries and hooking the system directly to the SMES output line.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Dirk the Average posted:

code:

|
  |

If that setup is what it looks like, then that should work perfectly. Remember to wait a few moments before checking with the scanner, as lag can make powered cables appear unpowered.

lenin
Sep 11, 2001

dear leader
I could be completely wrong but I've always had better results with a curved wire junction than a 90 degree T-junction.

Bad diagram:

code:
----- A
  |
  |  B
  |
----- C
doesn't reliably power B

code:
---<--A
    \
    | B
   /
--<---  C
B is powered. To make the wire curve, after placing it and still standing in the same spot with cable in hand, you click the little "nub" in the middle of the A wire.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
If you just lay wiring down over the two east-west wires, it will not bridge them. Wires can only be bridged through direct connection (including curved splits) or a "node," which is the red nub in the center of the tile when you lay down just one wire.

The correct way to hardwire the engine to the grid is to cut both wires, then lay them both back down as two half-wires connected at the nub. Then run north-south wiring. The trick is to click the tile to lay half-wires and not the existing wire, which will merge them on the tile. You can still bridge them with full wires but you need to use the curving tricks described above.

Any of them will work, the key is whether the wires are actually connected. Wires can lay over one another and not be connected to each other if they're merged wires. Merged wires are cleaner and more intuitive, but leaving wires unmerged makes it easier to branch off an existing electrical system without cutting all the wires and relaying them.

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.
This game keeps reeling me in when I try different jobs, even if I'm totally incompetent initially. Decided to give chem a shot. Got RD, hit the chem lab, immediately my research buddy and I are murdered by a traitor with a laser gun. Next round though, I made meth, space drugs, unstable mutagen (labelled LSD), and actual LSD, leaving each drug in the bar. People just kept downing everything I dropped off, then noticed that stuff like meth addiction doesn't go away. Great fun.

I do wish traitors would be a little more creative than "get gun, bum rush science or med because they will have no weapons". There's so much potential and that's kind of wasting it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Synonymous posted:

I do wish traitors would be a little more creative than "get gun, bum rush science or med because they will have no weapons". There's so much potential and that's kind of wasting it.
You'll probably find there's a lot more of this at the moment particularly because there are so many new players. The novelty of being a murdertraitor doesn't wear off for a while; it took me a couple of months to get good at it then another several months before I went "hold on, this is kind of poo poo and boring, if I want to kill someone I can do it with no real challenge and it's not that fun for either of us" and I started doing more gimmicky stuff. There weren't quite as many murderous rampagers a few weeks ago before the LP started and brought a wave of new blood in.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Speaking from experience, murdertraitors are always quite unpopular and nobody wants to lift a finger to help them, but if you're doing something bizarre or hilarious or mostly nonviolent a lot of times if an admin is on and bored they'll do something to help out or make the round more wacky to cover for you, as will many of the more veteran members of the crew. If people believe they have something to fear from you, they'll get defensive or counter-robust. If they know that your primary goal is not to kill everyone anywhere, they'll be a lot more inclined to assist in the fun (especially if they're not a target).

Also if you really want to kill people, be a little more creative. Get a mindslave and order them to do the really overt murders. Steal some bombs and cause a distraction before blowing them. If your objective is to escape alone, you can do that in other ways than murdering everyone on the station in a laborious 60-minute process which is destined to fail anyway as new players log in. The very best players I've ever seen pull off escaping alone almost invariably did it through a ballsy set of maneuvers that ensured they were alone on the shuttle while a dozen totally-alive crew pound uselessly against the windows during the 10 second countdown. And those are the ones that get congratulated, not bitched at.

You won't be punished for a killing spree (you're a traitor, after all), but everyone will think you're totally lame.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

You'll probably find there's a lot more of this at the moment particularly because there are so many new players. The novelty of being a murdertraitor doesn't wear off for a while; it took me a couple of months to get good at it then another several months before I went "hold on, this is kind of poo poo and boring, if I want to kill someone I can do it with no real challenge and it's not that fun for either of us" and I started doing more gimmicky stuff. There weren't quite as many murderous rampagers a few weeks ago before the LP started and brought a wave of new blood in.

Being really creative can be hard if you are new, though. There's lots of things you don't pick up on, like the deep frier or artifacts lab. One of my favourite traitor rounds involved an artifact I activated in the lab, but the process is just so stupidly laborous it's almost never worth it. Even getting a mining charge hacker and blowing up the station iis not something you can do easily if you're new because it involves actually doing the job for 10 minutes to get the resources to make the big charges.

So everyone just defaults to weapons and go on a rampage, it's too bad.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Nakar posted:

The very best players I've ever seen pull off escaping alone almost invariably did it through a ballsy set of maneuvers that ensured they were alone on the shuttle while a dozen totally-alive crew pound uselessly against the windows during the 10 second countdown. And those are the ones that get congratulated, not bitched at.

One of the best rounds I ever had was as a Captain traitor with the "escape alone" objective. I subverted the AI, disposed of all the thermals, and stole the RCD. I then cloaked up, killed about 5 people, and had the AI lead the entire crew on a merry chase around half of the station to kill the cloaker.

Meanwhile, while everyone was distracted, I R-walled escape about 8 deep, called the shuttle, and laughed the entire time as the crew uselessly cried out for me to let them in.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
When you start an antagonist round, it helps to just lie low for a few minutes, assess your options, and come up with a plan while you listen to the radio to get a feel for what sort of round it's going to be. Your main objective should be to have as much fun with your newfound power as possible, and if that means carrying out the round in an unusual way or even completely disregarding your objectives, go for it.

My absolute best Changeling round (and possibly best antagonist round of any kind) ever was when I spawned as a Changeling Captain, held off on the violence for a bit to decide how to proceed, witnessed the advent and meteoric rise of a weed cult within five minutes of the round starting, and decided to say gently caress it and just do whatever seemed funny in context instead of focusing on my objectives.

The crew was delighted when their Perfectly Normal Human Captain fully endorsed and supported their peaceful cannabis revolution, and they were exceptionally tolerant of his eccentricities; they didn't mind his frequent visits to Genetics or the constant disappearance of monkeyhumans, and they were remarkably earnest in their efforts to accommodate the unfortunate hereditary condition which caused him to occasionally turn into a giant horrible monster. In point of fact, the crew were so fond of their laid-back potsmoking abomination Perfectly Normal Human Captain that they reacted with genuine anguish when he dozed off for a stoner nap outside the escape shuttle and was sucked into a singularity. Rest in peace, Perfectly Normal Human Captain, you were too fun for this world.

Klayboxx
Aug 23, 2013

Please pay attention to me :(
I've been playing this game for nearly three years and I still think murdering everyone on the station is fun. Then again I usually only use a baton or a butchers knife - so maybe that's more fun to fight against for people?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Angry Diplomat posted:

When you start an antagonist round, it helps to just lie low for a few minutes, assess your options, and come up with a plan while you listen to the radio to get a feel for what sort of round it's going to be. Your main objective should be to have as much fun with your newfound power as possible, and if that means carrying out the round in an unusual way or even completely disregarding your objectives, go for it.

My absolute best Changeling round (and possibly best antagonist round of any kind) ever was when I spawned as a Changeling Captain, held off on the violence for a bit to decide how to proceed, witnessed the advent and meteoric rise of a weed cult within five minutes of the round starting, and decided to say gently caress it and just do whatever seemed funny in context instead of focusing on my objectives.

The crew was delighted when their Perfectly Normal Human Captain fully endorsed and supported their peaceful cannabis revolution, and they were exceptionally tolerant of his eccentricities; they didn't mind his frequent visits to Genetics or the constant disappearance of monkeyhumans, and they were remarkably earnest in their efforts to accommodate the unfortunate hereditary condition which caused him to occasionally turn into a giant horrible monster. In point of fact, the crew were so fond of their laid-back potsmoking abomination Perfectly Normal Human Captain that they reacted with genuine anguish when he dozed off for a stoner nap outside the escape shuttle and was sucked into a singularity. Rest in peace, Perfectly Normal Human Captain, you were too fun for this world.

Being a Fun Captain is the best way to play traitor captain. Even if people DO think you're a traitor, they'll often be friendly towards you anyway because you helped them out by giving them the access they want, or helping them mass produce weed, or giving them weapons.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Slime posted:

Being a Fun Captain is the best way to play traitor captain. Even if people DO think you're a traitor, they'll often be friendly towards you anyway because you helped them out by giving them the access they want, or helping them mass produce weed, or giving them weapons.

I suspect it's because once people realize you're a traitor and aren't interested in rampaging, they actually trust you more since they know you aren't going to be a dickhole power-tripping Captain because you don't actually give a gently caress about the station's wellbeing anyway. A friendly traitor Captain is basically an indication that there is temporarily no law and everyone is free to do whatever the gently caress they want to.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

Being really creative can be hard if you are new, though. There's lots of things you don't pick up on, like the deep frier or artifacts lab. One of my favourite traitor rounds involved an artifact I activated in the lab, but the process is just so stupidly laborous it's almost never worth it. Even getting a mining charge hacker and blowing up the station iis not something you can do easily if you're new because it involves actually doing the job for 10 minutes to get the resources to make the big charges.

So everyone just defaults to weapons and go on a rampage, it's too bad.
Oh, definitely, that's a huge part of it and I'm not knocking anyone less familiar with the game who resorts to murder. It's really hard to think on the spot and be creative until you're a lot more comfortable with the game, I had a month or so of coming up with elaborate plans then chickening out and playing it safe as a low-key murderer every time. At least traitors are more common than they were earlier in the year - one thing that made me hold back was the fact that I only got traitor once a week or so, so I felt like I had to make the most of it, whereas now it's every five or six rounds.

To be honest, hardly any of my gimmicks even now involve particularly complicated aspects of gameplay beyond the occasional mad bomber round - I'm just not quite creative/skilled enough with chemistry to not blow myself up when I try anything clever, like the time I ended up stuck in a floor closet for 30 minutes in the middle of a corridor full of eternally burning napalm that didn't claim a single other victim :v:

On the note of traitor Captains, I still want emagged hand teleporters to allow teleportation to prohibited locations. I will not rest until I can construct an elaborate setup where I can knock out my victims, strip them of headsets and send them to the ice moon caverns.

nepereta
Aug 9, 2013

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

On the note of traitor Captains, I still want emagged hand teleporters to allow teleportation to prohibited locations. I will not rest until I can construct an elaborate setup where I can knock out my victims, strip them of headsets and send them to the ice moon caverns.

I am not sure if this works but:

What about injecting an expeditionary with a teleport homer or making them carry a beacon in? Would you then be able to teleport to them via the normal teleporters. You could also disable the guy at the other end by throwing cooked bombs into the teleporter ( be careful not to gib though I think that would destroy the homer implant!).

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
It would be pretty cool if there was juuuust enough broken crap at wherever you sent them with an emag'd teleporter for them to build a way to call the station and pinpoint their location so they could maybe with a bit of luck and a lot of effort come back to get their revenge.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

I once got roped into a Free Republic of Botania while playing chef back on donut. We grew shitloads of weed and food and locked all the doors to keep the cops out. Eventually the cops burst in to seize all the weed, which happened to occur at the same time that I revealed myself to be a traitor with the objective to assassinate the botanist who had become President of Botania. So sec busts in to steal all the weed to find me standing over the fallen president with a bloody knife.

Things didn't go well for anyone involved and it was great.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VanSandman posted:

It would be pretty cool if there was juuuust enough broken crap at wherever you sent them with an emag'd teleporter for them to build a way to call the station and pinpoint their location so they could maybe with a bit of luck and a lot of effort come back to get their revenge.

Someone once stole my Pod while I was at the diner, effectively stranding me. I had cold resist and an emergency O2 tank, so I grabbed a carton of eggs and used it to very carefully make my way to the mining outpost (this was back when the Diner was out on Z3 and not the mining z-level), then back to the station proper via the shuttle. Then I found the fucker responsible and clubbed him in the head with an O2 cylinder.

nepereta
Aug 9, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Someone once stole my Pod while I was at the diner, effectively stranding me. I had cold resist and an emergency O2 tank, so I grabbed a carton of eggs and used it to very carefully make my way to the mining outpost (this was back when the Diner was out on Z3 and not the mining z-level), then back to the station proper via the shuttle. Then I found the fucker responsible and clubbed him in the head with an O2 cylinder.

I started using locking mechanisms however you often get cases of people removing and spacing all the pod modules apart from the lock grrrr!!!!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Yesterday while playing AI, the Captain uploaded a law that read:

4: have a baby with the crew and also i like pie!!

He then renamed me "MOmmy" (capitalization accurate). I immediately called him a creepy fucker and told him to gently caress off. Then he uploaded the "Protect Station" law, and I saw him accidentally hit the AI upload console with something as he went to walk away.

I informed him that he was guilty of damaging station computer equipment as I retracted the AI airbridge around him and left him dumped off in space. The HoS came by, reset me, and saw the Captain floating in space outside EVA. He laughed his rear end off.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
I had an amazing, short, and brutal spy round last night. First time getting spymaster too.

I spawned as captain and a spymaster! Neat! So I pop over to security and slave both existing officers. One of the (named Yap something-or-other) says he wants to see if he can get superpowers which sounds like a great idea to me. So the three of us make our merry way down to genetics...where...there are no geneticists. Well drat. At this point there's a general commotion in medbay and we decide to get out of there before poo poo goes down. We wander by the AI upload and I briefly consider subverting it but I have a hunch the AI would do it's best to be a jerk about it. Back to security to brainstorm then! Finish off my implanter with the detective and janitor who were just sort of chilling in there.

Me and the janitor cruise back down towards medbay and stop for a moment by the airbridge when I'm hit by a flying dagger. I start bleeding and scream to the janitor for help. Then I'm implanted. Welp. Now I'm loyal to this new guy. Good. Great. Janitor gets slaved by him too. Kind of a waste considering. Then Yap runs out of the AI upload after what sounds like a minor fracas with the AI. Now he's implanted as well. Two of my slaves reslaved and I have just enough time to shout "GOD loving DAMNIT BOSS" before I'm implanted again. YOU RESIST THE IMPLANT! Well time to eliminate one of the other spymasters for my boss I guess. Whip out my gun. Laser him to death...aaaand we all explode. The guy was loaded with microbombs. Three god damned spymasters in the blast.

At this point I am completely agog at the trainwreck that has just taken place, but hey at least someone is dragging me to medbay. Good, one of my slaves must have been nearby. YOU RESIST THE IMPLANT! God damnit. I'm pretty hosed up though and I bleed out on the floor. My would be boss and his doctor pal recover my implant and clone me. I'm woken up halfway through the cloning process. He implants me again and this time it takes. They toss me in cryo so I don't die again. I wake up my boss and his helper are nowhere to be seen, I'm wearing nothing but my armor, and I'm retarded as all hell. Good, at least I'm alive. The detective busts in and I'm about to explain to her that we have a new boss when she draws her revolver muttering something about not being under my rear end in a top hat influence anymore and proceeds to shoot me to death. Turns out she found an implanter and implanted herself. Huh. The shuttle is almost to the station and the round ends with the detective shooting the hell out of the last remaining spymaster. Technically he was still alive when the shuttle left but that wasn't going to last much longer.

Anyways that's the story of how Ann Thraxx the self made spymaster got her new position as Syndicate Head of the Cafeteria. Sorry for my probably really lovely writing but I felt that needed to be shared.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I got captain spymaster once. I implanted three dudes in security who then went on a rampage beating any and all persons to death with their stun batons, one poor sucker at a time. I don't actually recall what else happened that round since I was very new and didn't know what I was doing but I did get a thanks for the fun compliment from one of the sec guys next round :3:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

So I was poking around in the artlab, and I noticed one device I never managed to use: the gas top/gas chamber/gas thingie. Where is that?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

So I was poking around in the artlab, and I noticed one device I never managed to use: the gas top/gas chamber/gas thingie. Where is that?

gas_top, gas_bottom, and gas_mix_cha are sensors in toxins. You can use the DWAINE terminals in the toxins lab to get detailed information for the gas in those chambers.

Keep in mind: Since temperature and pressure are directly correlated, hot gas in the chamber will become even hotter when pumped into the comparatively tiny canisters.

Segmentation Fault fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I asked the players if anyone knew who Harald Hardrada was and wanted to become him to go along with Emperor Constantine IX. This guy won.

quote:

HELP: Duncan Frost/(Eireann Teach)(X): Harald Hardrada was a viking whose greatest achievement was fighting off the Radical Jazz Tiger Men of the north pole on their last incursion into Norso-Dane Dance Territory. After defeating their leader in an exhausting seven hour dance off (during which many of the women in the local area became pregnant) he decapitated the Tigerman's leader with a moonwalk "so sharp it could cut", according to the sole remaining witness, a fisherman watching the jam-off from a distant fishing boat. There were no survivors.

• Locked thread