Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Good hustle from pointsofdata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Jozy's performance gets his team a starting berth on match of the day.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Did someone legitimately compare Messi and Altidore

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Spangly A posted:

Good hustle from pointsofdata

Well played, make him mod lol.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

vyelkin posted:

Friendlies don't count.

In competitive fixtures, Jozy has scored a grand total of one (1) goal against a non-poo poo team. Much like his record in the Premier League, in fact.

This isn't fair, he scored a cup goal against PSV during his 2 seasons in Holland.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

loving hell, great puppet mastering from pointsofdata

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Hook, line and sinker, can't even be annoyed at that. Top stuff.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Look at all those eggs on our faces and then go lift and eat it afterwards, it's a great source of protein. Also fish oil.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I would like to eat some Velociraptor eggs.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

pointsofdata take a bow

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Love a good hustle, love the rough and tumble of the posting game.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I feel gaslighted

Spam
Nov 28, 2010
Josmer 'Jozy' Altidore will not score a Barclays Premier League goal before Christmas:toxx:

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
You guys sure have a lot of words to say about a soccer player you don't care about.

VVV I had some stuff written out but decided against it. It really does amuse me to see how much you guys hate him, even if it does make me sad he's bad at his job :(

Crunkjuice fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 6, 2013

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Crunkjuice posted:

You guys sure have a lot of words to say about a soccer player you don't care about.

Nice meltdown

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Crunkjuice posted:

VVV I had some stuff written out but decided against it. It really does amuse me to see how much you guys hate him, even if it does make me sad he's bad at his job :(

Who said we don't care about him? I love Jozy because he shows how poo poo USMNT really are

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Crunkjuice posted:

Actually my posts are concise

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Crunkjuice posted:

I care a ridiculous deal about Jozy Altidore because I find his vast football wealth offensive

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I just watched Match of the Day and Jozy might be the worst striker I've seen in the Premier League in a long time, and that's not even hyperbole. He has no sense of positioning in the box, throws a huff and gives up on moves the minute something goes wrong, is often practically in midfield because he's struggling to get back up field, and doesn't have the technical ability to produce anything when he does get the ball (which isn't often because he's usually busy jogging a mile offside and behind two defenders and then gesturing wildly for the ball).

Here's food for thought imo: the USMNT and Dutch league have ruined him. He's too used to playing against centre-backs who even if they have the technical and physical attributes just don't read the game well enough to cut off strikers in the box, he's put them in time after time, and now he's playing against capable, experienced defenders and they're just a step quicker than him mentally. If Jozy "Big Joze" Altidore wants to succeed, he's gonna have to up the work rate and catch himself back up with centre-backs who aren't converted 100m athletes imo.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Chris de Sperg posted:

I just watched Match of the Day and Jozy might be the worst striker I've seen in the Premier League in a long time,

Eddie Johnson was worse and, funnily, also American.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Spangly A posted:

Eddie Johnson is much, much better than Jozy.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Spangly A posted:

Eddie Johnson has not played a Premier League game for nearly three years, makes you think

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Chris de Sperg posted:

Eddie Johnson has not played a Premier League game for nearly three years, makes you think

corr how time flies

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

vaginal culture posted:

Eddie Johnson is much, much better than Jozy.

I'm not sure about this, though I do think it's really funny how USMNT fans seem to absolutely despise Eddie and forgive every mistake Jozy makes, as if the 2010 World Cup didn't happen, or something.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I'm not sure about this, though I do think it's really funny how USMNT fans seem to absolutely despise Eddie and forgive every mistake Jozy makes, as if the 2010 World Cup didn't happen, or something.

Its true though Eddie knows his limits and plays within them while Jozy prances around like a ballerina on drugs falling over and being bad

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
If anyone ever uses the old "but how can he score when playing for such a bad team???" excuse, simply show them a video compilation of bentekes goals for villa last season.

A good striker will find goals no matter what.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ponce de Le0n posted:

If anyone ever uses the old "but how can he score when playing for such a bad team???" excuse, simply show them a video compilation of bentekes goals for villa last season.

A good striker will find goals no matter what.

Steven Fletcher plays for the same team as Jozy, yet scored 11 league goals last season and 1 already this season in only three appearances. If Jozy was as good as they say, he's certainly be scoring more than Steven Fletcher.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

vyelkin posted:

Steven Fletcher plays for the same team as Jozy, yet scored 11 league goals last season and 1 already this season in only three appearances. If Jozy was as good as they say, he's certainly be scoring more than Steven Fletcher.

so maybe.. he doesnt love scoring after all?!?!!?!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
New rule: as the deputy in town we can't do posting about other people's posting, sorry about that but feel free to continue posting about Jozys horrid form.

For me, I am torn. I want the American team to do well, so a good Jozy would be good for that, but also I don't like Sunderland and furthermore Jozy himself. So ultimately I am torn and will continue to update the JozyChart to keep you all informed.

GOM
Jan 13, 2001

PWM POTM, September 2013

President & Founding Member of Cardiac Crew (x2)

Big Jozy Knew posted:

4) John Obi Mikel

:mind blown:

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

tbp posted:

For me, I am torn. I want the American team to do well, so a good Jozy would be good for that

It doesn't really matter if Jozy plays good or bad or even at all tbh. You only think it does because our fans are terrible.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I have it on good authority that Eddie Johnson has scored 100% more League goals in the English leagues than Jozy.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Jozy Altidore is neck'n'neck with American compatriot Tim Howard in Premier League goals. Intense stuff.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
2 goals in 46 championship games is infinitely more sad than 1 goal in 33 premier league games.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Tony Hibbert would score more goals in Jozy's place.

Jozy is just poo poo and Americans going on about his USMNT form are loving ridiculous since they play competitive matches against such footballing powerhouses as Panama and Guatemala .

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

The Natural posted:

Jozy is just poo poo and Americans going on about his USMNT form are loving ridiculous since they play competitive matches against such footballing powerhouses as Panama and Guatemala .

Did you know that the kid has great USMNT form

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The Natural posted:

Tbf Scotland would lose to both of them.

skirth
Oct 29, 2010
Jozy wouldn't even make the Scotland squad he's that bad

quote:

On Saturday during a second half barrage of chances for Sunderland that saw both Altidore and Fletcher scored disallowed goals, the duo looked at each other just before a corner kick came in. ‘Fletch’ and Jozy embraced and then high-fived one another, the makings of a partnership is already visible. The Scottish and American double act do compliment each other very well. 23-year-old Altidore is the hold up man, with his brute strength and raw pace, he can get in behind defenses and cause problems. Sunderland top scorer last season, Fletcher has the creative nature and ingenuity to produce the passes Altidore needs to thrive.

lmao Jozy fanfic

skirth fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 6, 2013

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

skirth posted:

Jozy wouldn't even make the Scotland squad he's that bad

True

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
imagine how many caps Chris Iwelumo would have if he'd qualified for the USMNT. he's old now but he'd have been a significant upgrade most of the last decade.

• Locked thread