Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Pretty sure I could make the Scotland squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I can't see a new manager coming in and playing jozy. He stinks of fail. He will be riding the pine before you can say Richter scale.

Stick him in the reserves and offload him in January.

And put him on a diet.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

The Natural posted:

Tony Hibbert would score more goals in Jozy's place.

Jozy is just poo poo and Americans going on about his USMNT form are loving ridiculous since they play competitive matches against such footballing powerhouses as Panama and Guatemala .

Don't forget El Salvador, that team Jozy scored 2 goals against. The same team that just had loads of players banned for life for match fixing

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I wonder if jozy has ever scored a goal against a decent side in a competitive match?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Which team was it that Jozy scored his 1 (one) premier league goal against?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Haha it was Manchester City

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The goal was probably Joe Hart's fault.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The USMNT beat Scotland 5-1 last year and Jozy never scored.

That's how bad he is.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
I wonder how jozy would fare if he spent time playing for the USWNT

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I haven't seen too much of Jozy tbh, but I had a look at him while I watching that terrible match yesterday and I was surprised that he's so terrible in the air for such a big lad. He barely won any headers and those he did was completely wasted. He was constantly losing the ball just by being easily muscled away too.

There's little to say about him aside from that, he was barely involved. Rarely in the right place and when he was his teammates knew better than to pass it to him. He's completely out of his depth in the premier league.

That's my analysis of Jozy Altidore, thanks.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Ponce de Le0n posted:

I wonder how jozy would fare if he spent time playing for the USWNT

He wouldn't score :xd:

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
what if Leo Fortune-West had been American? would they be double World Cup champions by now? all the evidence points to yes

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

Pissflaps posted:

I wonder if jozy has ever scored a goal against a decent side in a competitive match?

He has too scored, it was in Guatemala, at camp, you wouldn't know her

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

euroboy posted:

I was surprised that he's so terrible in the air for such a big lad.

He's too fat to jump properly.

Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009

euroboy posted:

I haven't seen too much of Jozy tbh, but I had a look at him while I watching that terrible match yesterday and I was surprised that he's so terrible in the air for such a big lad. He barely won any headers and those he did was completely wasted. He was constantly losing the ball just by being easily muscled away too.

He's basically an American Shola Ameobi.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Jozy is more of a cup player. His competitive nature keeps fighting for trophies where he knows he can get them, like the League Cup, where in two different seasons he has scored two goals. He really is a master of the ball-power kick-shooting in the goal-sector.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

tetsman posted:

Jozy is more of a cup player. His competitive nature keeps fighting for trophies where he knows he can get them, like the League Cup, where in two different seasons he has scored two goals. He really is a master of the ball-power kick-shooting in the goal-sector.

he's at least a c-cup

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
When the NBA season starts I'm gonna post repeatedly in the basketball thread about how the Blazers aren't using Joel Freeland to his strengths and American basketball is beneath him

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Monday Bandele posted:

When the NBA season starts I'm gonna post repeatedly in the basketball thread about how the Blazers aren't using Joel Freeland to his strengths and American basketball is beneath him

I think we should make this a team effort.

Part of me thinks the Jozy love-in is a massive team trolling from another sub forum.

Then I remember Americans are idiots

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Monday Bandele posted:

This, but about the shameful absence of Pops Mensah-Bonsu from a NBA roster. Disgusting anti-British sentiment among NBA managers imo

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

The Natural posted:

Then I remember Americans are idiots

You need to relax a bit maybe this lovely goal will calm you down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hp2E6DdIvk

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

80085 posted:

You need to relax a bit maybe this lovely goal will calm you down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hp2E6DdIvk

No one cares about friendlies

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Hegav posted:

No one cares about friendlies except Jozy fans

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

A lot of people in this thread should start caring about being friendly, a lot of rude trolls in here

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I think Jozy has a friendly and kind face but he's lazy and almost doesn't run at all.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

tetsman posted:

I think Jozy has a friendly and kind face but he's lazy and almost doesn't run at all.

I think you'll find he can run a good 5-10 steps before falling down inexplicably

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Pissflaps posted:

He wouldn't score :xd:

But would he pass?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Pissflaps posted:

Is spain a decent team?

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

Jota posted:

But would he pass?

Jozy never passes (on a good meal)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Crunkjuice posted:

Is spain a decent team?

That was a friendly

Dickail Bulgeakov
Jan 15, 2012

Is SPAIN a decent team? *scratches head, licks window lengthways, shits himself*

GOM
Jan 13, 2001

PWM POTM, September 2013

President & Founding Member of Cardiac Crew (x2)

80085 posted:

But Jozy didn't score this goal?!?!?!

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

vaginal culture posted:

That was a friendly

Oh get off it. It was the confed cup semis against casillas, pique, puyol, david villa, xavi, torres, fabregas, capdevila, xabi alonso, ramos, reira. Cazorla and Mata were subs. Not exactly a poo poo squad there.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Crunkjuice posted:

Oh get off it. It was the confed cup semis against casillas, pique, puyol, david villa, xavi, torres, fabregas, capdevila, xabi alonso, ramos, reira. Cazorla and Mata were subs. Not exactly a poo poo squad there.

Confederations Cup counts as friendlies

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The Spain match was a competitive fixture. Every ungainly lumbering clown has his day, let's be fair.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Well Jozy is half as good as Katlego Mphela then.

Dickail Bulgeakov
Jan 15, 2012

Flayer posted:

The Spain match was a competitive fixture. Every ungainly lumbering clown has his day, let's be fair.

The relationship between Confeds and the World Cup is like the league cup to the champions league. it's JUST about competitive but basically you don't count the goals if you have any self-respect as a player.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Crunkjuice posted:

It was.

Spain aren't gonna break out the blood bags for a kickabout vs. USA.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

vaginal culture posted:

It was.

Spain aren't gonna break out the blood bags for a kickabout vs. USA.

Yeah this. Remember when they lost in the confeds to the USA? Spain sure do give some cares about the Confederations Cup!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Crunkjuice posted:

You're absolutely right, he scored a goal once, 4 and a half years ago.

• Locked thread