Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hessian mercenaries controlled by the devil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Rough Beast
Apr 5, 2006
One day at a time...
want the Hessians to have a bumper sticker that reads: "The head of mein conspiracy is the demon Moloch."

ComicsandSlushies
Feb 22, 2013
So now we have a name for the demon, Mol-something.

Wasn't that the name of the ex-villain from Watchmen?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yes, Moloch the mystic.

However both he and our horned demon are named after something else.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ComicsandSlushies posted:

So now we have a name for the demon, Mol-something.

Wasn't that the name of the ex-villain from Watchmen?

Moloch basically an ancient god.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I can't watch "takes cyanide pills" scenes anymore without thinking of Skyfall... :stare:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We Hessians could be anywhere, your German friend, your German boss. The next door neighbor, who is German.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

muscles like this? posted:

We Hessians could be anywhere, your German friend, your German boss. The next door neighbor, who is German.

No one who speaks German could possibly be evil. :colbert:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dammit George Washington, you couldn't put any other kind of protection on this thing or maybe destroy it? Really dropping the ball here.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
When I said Crane should be racist with Germans I didn't mean give him a reason to be.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
SO IT BEGINS

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This show is loving great. Evil Germans summoning demons with an evil book at an evil altar under the behest of Moloch, what more could you ask for?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nice hellmouth there.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Regy Rusty posted:

Dammit George Washington, you couldn't put any other kind of protection on this thing or maybe destroy it? Really dropping the ball here.

They had to store it away in a warehouse, as they did with the ark of the covenant and all other things pursued by occult Germans.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Haven't seen this kind of good of' fashioned cult action since Buffy ended.

Ooh those demons are freaky. Good creature design on this show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The whole demon effect makes up for how crappy the Boston Tea Party scene.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Looks like they summoned some assets from a PS1 cut scene.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

Looks like they summoned some assets from a PS1 cut scene.

I thought the FX were pretty good.

ComicsandSlushies
Feb 22, 2013
Thats why when you tell someone to "Drop it" you have to specify where to drop said object, or it gets tossed into the hellmouth and destroyed.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Jenny looks a bit like Morena Baccarin.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

God sure loves his vengeance.

Also how did burning the book work? That seems kind of backwards.

megamanX4
Jul 1, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

I thought the FX were pretty good.

Seconded. A series in its third episode, come on, what do you expect?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Kwyndig posted:

God sure loves his vengeance.

Also how did burning the book work? That seems kind of backwards.
Magic, obviously. :science:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The Red Dragon!

Hannibal crossover!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uh, excuse me Ichabod, that's William Blake's The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in Sun, not Moloch. Although it is a beast of Revelation.

quote:

And behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth.

ComicsandSlushies
Feb 22, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

The Red Dragon!

Hannibal crossover!

I thought that picture looked familiar!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Here's that painting and the others in the series: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Red_Dragon_Paintings

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Ooh, so Jenny joins the fun party. Ichanny or Jennabod coming at ya.(Sorry)

Really good episode. Loved the physical chemistry in the first half and the whole PapaIchabod to Abbie and Jenny was great. Plus the whole totally not Hannibal guy was great. Good to know we've got some great human monsters too.

Also, first time I've seen Ichabod so surprised. He was pretty much :stare: throughout the whole episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess it would make sense for Ichabod not to recognize the painting though, since it was after his time.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
God wasn't very fond of this Moloch guy...

Leviticus 20:2–5 posted:

Again, you shall say to the Sons of Israel: Whoever he be of the Sons of Israel or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that gives any of his seed l'Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones. And I will set my face against that man and will cut him off from among his people; because he has given of his seed l'Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name. And if the people of the land do at all hide their eyes from that man, when he gives of his seed l'Molech, and do not kill him, then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go astray after him, whoring l'Molech from among the people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, he was a rival god in the North Africa region so it makes sense that the Bible would have a lot of "hey, your god sucks" parts.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Zero One posted:

God wasn't very fond of this Moloch guy...

Giving of his seed literally meant sacrificing your children (though historians aren't clear on how often this actually happened or if Moloch was even a specific deity).

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I had to pause the TV during the opening because I was laughing so hard I couldn't see straight. This might be my favorite so far.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Y'know what? This show is all right.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Man, you can get a lot done in 12 hours. These guys make fighting off Hessians and preventing the summoning of 72 demons look like a breeze! :haw:

The last episode was fun, but this one was another wonderful train of crazy. It makes me wonder what the season finale will be like...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Somebody at Sleepy Hollow PD should put out an all points bulletin on Francis Dolarhyde.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Best episode since the premiere, although I was totally expecting to see the Headless Horseman this week and was disappointed in that regard.

But the evil Germans and the church scene almost made up for that.

Do we know how far into the season John Noble's episode(s) are? I'm patiently waiting for my favorite acid dropping wizard to show up in Sleepy Hollow.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

NeuroticLich posted:

Best episode since the premiere, although I was totally expecting to see the Headless Horseman this week and was disappointed in that regard.

But the evil Germans and the church scene almost made up for that.

Do we know how far into the season John Noble's episode(s) are? I'm patiently waiting for my favorite acid dropping wizard to show up in Sleepy Hollow.

Fairly soon, I would imagine. FOX traded a "back 9" pick up for an instant second season renewal, so we're on episode 4 of 13. Hopefully having a short season means they can keep up this level of quality too. That OnStar gag was the Best Thing Ever :allears:.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

They really shouldn't have used the Red Dragon painting when Blake had already done a pretty kickass Moloch one. I think they should've used this one too as it fit the bodies in the fire at the altar.

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Oct 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Compendium posted:

The last episode was fun, but this one was another wonderful train of crazy. It makes me wonder what the season finale will be like...

The finale should be the trio hanging out at an amusement park or trick or treating while the demons bitch about having their yearly plan ruined.

• Locked thread