Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Lunethex posted:

Isn't that mission at a really high rank?

Yeah, it's a level 75 mission but somehow the whole group was approximately 35 when we started. Not complaining, but it sure makes farming violent duct look like a big joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Lunethex posted:

Isn't that mission at a really high rank?

That one is ranked 75 and is the best grinding one in the game presently I believe.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
offer retracted

Literal Nazi Furry fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Oct 9, 2013

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Whoever's in the PSN crew as Stirlo, sorry I'm a terrible driver (I'm Bheals)... Still, that's Meth'd up done and dusted.

vjee32
Feb 1, 2008
Aww piss, haven't lost any characters but I just logged in and my garage is empty, and I just bought cheetah yesterday. :(

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱
Anyone willing to help me reclaim my lost cash and XP and in the meantime maybe have some fun? Had a character disappear aboutg 4 days ago.

I'm Gunrun247 on Xbox Live, and am in the Euro crew, and have a mic.

DiabloStarCraft fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Oct 9, 2013

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
How do you open up the cargo door on the Titan?

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
I can kind of see why the restart thing has been yanked. Yeah, it's great for likeminded friends, but I just got stuck in a farming session (steal the Titan) with three pubbies where I had no chance of quitting before the mission was restarted. The mission basically consisted of us driving to the airport and two of them trying to ram me and the other guy or the Titan into the ocean repeatedly before vote kicking us (which didn't actually work because at least one of them wasn't voting).

The only upside was that we managed to get the plane before them every time so we could leave them to fight the Merryweather dudes on their own. Had to dashboard to get out of playing it forever.

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Oct 9, 2013

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
That's why I always, always start an invite only game and play with my friends.

So what's the best way to get some solo cash on that mission from Ron where you're blowing up jets? I'm close to a car I've been wanting for a while.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Harmonica posted:

The only upside was that we managed to get the plane before them every time so we could leave them to fight the Merryweather dudes on their own. Had to dashboard to get out of playing it forever.
For future reference, you should be able to quit from your phone, select the jobs option and hit X/Square.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Rapdawg posted:

So the special edition code for super special weapons and poo poo does not apply to Online right? The only reason I ask is I really loving want to have myself a .50 Pistol online, gently caress, I would buy a code for it- I am that loving sappy.

It does work for online too. You can start at level 1 with the .50 cal and the bullpup shotgun.

Croccers posted:

How do you open up the cargo door on the Titan?

Someone here said that you shoot it, haven't tried it myself though.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

Someone also said double tapping Y/Triangle was a thing to get onto weapon placements/other stuff, so maybe that works for the cargo doors?

Aishan posted:

For future reference, you should be able to quit from your phone, select the jobs option and hit X/Square.

As far as I could tell you can only quit during the mission if other players restart the game, which if you're locked in to one with idiots is exactly what they want you to do.

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Oct 9, 2013

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Against my better judgement and after losing my level 24 on sunday I tried making a new character in the second slot last night, went throught the tutorial for the millionth time did a mission or 2 then saved out by going to single player. 10 minutes later it was all gone again.

It hurts a bit to know my friends are all still playing and not getting sticky bombed and sniped constantly by me, but I need to put this game down for a week or until rockstar just come out and say their servers are fixed and nobody will lose characters anymore.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
So now that R* have removed the ability to remove missions, how do they honestly expect people to get to the higher levels?

The pitiful amount if RP you get per mission, and the amount of time it takes to get them started/do I really can't see this surviving part the next few weeks.

With missions paying out 800-1000RP without being able to restart post mission do they honestly expect people to stick around long enough to get to Rank 120 for the mini gun?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Any word on when the 360 is getting the anti-fun patch?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Hamburlgar posted:

So now that R* have removed the ability to remove missions, how do they honestly expect people to get to the higher levels?

The pitiful amount if RP you get per mission, and the amount of time it takes to get them started/do I really can't see this surviving part the next few weeks.

With missions paying out 800-1000RP without being able to restart post mission do they honestly expect people to stick around long enough to get to Rank 120 for the mini gun?

You can still do races with a friend, pays out quite nice. And once you hit level ~35 you'll start seeing missions that give you 2-3000 RP. There's also some missions with infinite spawning enemies that you can just keep killing for a quite nice RP boost. 25 RP per kill adds up fast.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

Hamburlgar posted:

do they honestly expect people to stick around long enough to get to Rank 120 for the mini gun?

Given that GTA IV had a fraction of the missions and stuff to do in Free Roam, and people played it continuously from release til GTA V came out, I don't think this will be any different.

The real meat of the game in the heists and user created content is yet to come - plus on top of that I fully expect them to flesh out the activities side of the game with more sports and so on.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Hamburlgar posted:

I know people keep repeating this "It's supposed to be/be like an MMO!" thing, but yeah that's a load of poo poo. If I can't properly have fun until *Arbitrary high level fun things unlocks at* then I'm not gonna slog through a million hours of slow-grinding and pubbie madness. If I wanted to play an MMO and grind, I'd do that, I'm playing GTA though, which is supposed to be fun car smashing and blowing each other up time.

Hopefully it'll be better when heists and all that jazz get added in, but with how GTAO's handled so far who knows when that's even happening.

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007
This bad sport thing is the worst, locked into near empty lobbies and nothing but awful TDM missions for two days, because I blew up a teammates car in a mission. The dunce cap rules though

semper wifi fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Oct 9, 2013

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

semper wifi posted:

This bad sport thing is the worst, locked into near empty lobbies and nothing but awful TDM missions for two days, because I blew up a teammates car in a mission. The dunce cap rules though

I doubt it was because you blew up 1 car. I've blown up many, many cars and I'm not a bad sport.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

TjyvTompa posted:

I doubt it was because you blew up 1 car. I've blown up many, many cars and I'm not a bad sport.

I blew up maybe about eight cars and got it. I was in a tank with a bounty so what did they expect me to do?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Party Plane Jones posted:

I blew up maybe about eight cars and got it. I was in a tank with a bounty so what did they expect me to do?

Yeah, as someone said previously, it seems to only make you a bad sport if you blow up many cars in a short period of time. I must have blown up like 40 cars from accidents in missions and not-so-much-accidents in free roam and I'm still a Nice Guy *tips fedora*

13stitches
Mar 13, 2012

You were born free, you got fucked out of half of it and you wave a flag celebrating it.

Yardbomb posted:

I know people keep repeating this "It's supposed to be/be like an MMO!" thing, but yeah that's a load of poo poo. If I can't properly have fun until *Arbitrary high level fun things unlocks at* then I'm not gonna slog through a million hours of slow-grinding and pubbie madness. If I wanted to play an MMO and grind, I'd do that, I'm playing GTA though, which is supposed to be fun car smashing and blowing each other up time.

Hopefully it'll be better when heists and all that jazz get added in, but with how GTAO's handled so far who knows when that's even happening.

You pretty much wrote the very post I've wanted to write myself. Right now I'm at level 7 and because of level and money barriers some things I'd like to do are locked away and inaccessible. No sticky bombs, no jerrycan or sniper rifles yet but Simeon's rather dull missions. I hate grinding and Rockstar aren't making things easy by making GTA:O very grind heavy so far.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I accepted an invite for a mission where I had to pick up two cars, so me and a pubbie split up to get both of them. The one I went after had goddamn insane rubber-band AI and would speed off into next week the moment I got close, and apparently I was supposed to get closed enough to shoot the driver because no amount of ramming or just bullet spray got them to stop.

This lead to me chasing around this one vehicle for something like 10 minutes to where I tried just taking a pursuing cop car and got killed, losing my one life so I'd have to watch the other guy go all the way over to the other side of the map to chase the car. I just quit because I'm not sitting around watching someone else perform literally one of the most boring mission objectives.

It's amazing how I can go from really liking an online mode to immediately despising it after doing most of the instanced content, which of course you have to do in order to unlock any of the fun stuff. Really bang-up job you did here, Rockstar.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Oh, someone's taken the high-priority vehicle? OK, i'll just get on my kitted out 801 and zoom to the garage. And put 5 sticky bombs there. And drive a long way away before they get close.

*The vehicle simeon requested has been destroyed*
*iRend has killed some guy*

So much better than stealing it...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Party Plane Jones posted:

Where do you get the tank? While we're at it does someone know how to get an RPG or grenade launcher before the unlock legitimately? And keep it of course

Kringy
Dec 31, 2008
Because of THIS GAME I now have a headphone <:mad:> drat YOU game for hinting at the possibility of having even more fun with such a device. I'm probably living on the other side of planet from most of you goons, but add me on PSN: Kringy for mission grinds, pubby hunting, general fun shits!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

ProfessorGroove posted:

Me and a friend just tried to do a job for lester where apparently you have to go to the top of a construction site and retrieve a briefcase. I went into the job driving a helicopter but it wasn't there when we started. I know where all the helicopter spawns are but not a single aircraft was spawning. I'm level 26 and he's lower so couldn't call merriweather for a ride. The ramp to the top of the construction site is blocked by a fence you can't get by. I tried climbing a crane next to the site but that didn't work either. Is this a bug or is there some trick to getting a helicopter in these jobs?

I'm way late on this but me and a mate found a hilariously over complicated way to do this without a helicopter or having to climb the giant deathcrane.

Get a helicopter before you accept the mission and fly to the top of the biggest skyscraper next to the construction site (maze building I think it is?). Now when you start the mission you should spawn up there. One person stays up there with a sniper rifle and picks off the guys on the top floor, while the other parachutes over to kill the rest of the guys and get the briefcase.

Now since the person with the briefcase has used their parachute and I don't think there's a way down (I couldn't find it anyway) they just jump off the building to their death. Then the other dude who was sniping parachutes down to the street, grabs the briefcase and books it back to the drop off point. Totally not worth it for the payout and XP, but we were determined to finish it.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

While we're at it does someone know how to get an RPG or grenade launcher before the unlock legitimately? And keep it of course
You wont keep them permenantly, but if you pick up weapons in Survival mode (notable ones being the RPG, Grenade Launcher and Minigun), you will take them back into Free Roam until you switch sessions.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I'm way late on this but me and a mate found a hilariously over complicated way to do this without a helicopter or having to climb the giant deathcrane.

Get a helicopter before you accept the mission and fly to the top of the biggest skyscraper next to the construction site (maze building I think it is?). Now when you start the mission you should spawn up there. One person stays up there with a sniper rifle and picks off the guys on the top floor, while the other parachutes over to kill the rest of the guys and get the briefcase.

Now since the person with the briefcase has used their parachute and I don't think there's a way down (I couldn't find it anyway) they just jump off the building to their death. Then the other dude who was sniping parachutes down to the street, grabs the briefcase and books it back to the drop off point. Totally not worth it for the payout and XP, but we were determined to finish it.

You can climb up/down the yellow construction crane.

BillyandCloneasaur
Aug 10, 2010
Being labeled a bad sport for using grenades on a guy and his car for repeatedly ramming and shooting at me is bad to me.

Also is there a way to decease the volume of people on mics or only mute? The rude teens, French people, and screaming background children seem to be a lot louder than the game stuff.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

BillyandCloneasaur posted:

Also is there a way to decease the volume of people on mics or only mute? The rude teens, French people, and screaming background children seem to be a lot louder than the game stuff.

Go into your character menu thing with select and near the bottom of the list is some option to limit who you can hear, switch that over to Friends+Crew and you're pretty much set.

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."
Rockstars website and every other website is a clusterfuck of no information. So anyone have a link to the info as to the new 1.03 patch that nerfs missions?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Reb posted:

Rockstars website and every other website is a clusterfuck of no information. So anyone have a link to the info as to the new 1.03 patch that nerfs missions?

The missions are nerfed by their cloud-based server so it happens in real time. The patch just gets rid of the Replay/Restart options so you can never replay missions quickly anymore when you win at them.

Rockstar Programming.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
This is what I honestly don't understand.

How can/do they expect people to reach the higher levels without the means to replay missions?

Free play is a total waste of time as you earn no RP and can't even have fun greifing pubbies as you get labeled a 'bad sport'.

Levelling by even 1 level once you hit mid-20's will take a solid few days of phoning mission givers over and over until something worthwhile comes up.

I know this sounds like a goontears post, but I don't see any feasible way of reaching even lvl 40.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BillyandCloneasaur posted:

Being labeled a bad sport for using grenades on a guy and his car for repeatedly ramming and shooting at me is bad to me.

Maybe all the good goon players will end up getting bad sported and all the actual poo poo players stay in the poo poo normal server.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Reb posted:

The new patch also adds a consumable item to convenience stores. You can now buy milk cartons, each uniquely branded with a different missing character on the side.

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

"...But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."

Hamburlgar posted:

Free play is a total waste of time as you earn no RP and can't even have fun greifing pubbies as you get labeled a 'bad sport'.

No to mention that going to the hospital still eats money out of your bank and no one still knows if that is suppose to happen or not?!

I'm kind of stuck at the moment, as I don't have gold, and don't know if to bother with getting it now since last weekend already ate my one character. I don't mind having to start one more time. But I'll be damned if I go and do that and lose another one because they haven't figured out what the gently caress causes their "cloud severs" to eat peoples characters up.

Reb
Sep 13, 2002

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

The new patch also adds a consumable item to convenience stores. You can now buy milk cartons, each uniquely branded with a different missing character on the side.

Is there a reward if you happen to find one roaming around????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Hamburlgar posted:

This is what I honestly don't understand.

How can/do they expect people to reach the higher levels without the means to replay missions?

Levelling by even 1 level once you hit mid-20's will take a solid few days of phoning mission givers over and over until something worthwhile comes up.

I know this sounds like a goontears post, but I don't see any feasible way of reaching even lvl 40.

Races and Deathmatches give RP too, you know. Don't be fooled by the end-of-round tally in DM also, as you get extra RP for every kill.

Hell, you even get RP for the side-activities like Golf, Tennis and Darts -- golf alone gives ~2500 for a full round.

There's plenty of ways to get RP without replaying the same mission over and over, ad infinitum.

• Locked thread