Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Arrath posted:

poo poo, I got a Bad Sport warning for blowing up 2 personal cars at once. The first two I've ever destroyed. I don't wanna be dunced :ohdear:

You'll be fine.

I've blown up hundreds of personal cars and not once been sent to bad boy camp. You just have to lay off it for a while when you get the final warnings, you'll know them when you see them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...
There are good points out there somewhere in this jibbering mess of a thread.

The death penalty in free roam is there to keep some semblance of sanity. Free roam is not helicopter deathmatch, that's what helicopter deathmatch is for. Is it worth randomly griefing the pubbies for a chance at loosing two grand? It better be, otherwise you chose the wrong session. (Because there are session types for literally EVERYTHING).

The only thing (as mentioned earlier) that could be changed outright is some of the bad sports mechanics, if the vehicle is empty and you blow it up, knowing it's some dudes ride, then sure... bad sport. If the dude is chasing you down the street firing a smg at you, then you should most definitely not get BS points.

Random golf partners is lovely too. If me and my well-dressed golf buddies wanted some fuckshit to join us we would invite the public, or not. I hate having some total fuckshit randomly join. You sir are not adequately attired!

Also, I don't know if the return to session stuff works as intended, it should be much more intuitive. Yes, these are my friends... yes we still want to play together, who are these other shits?

The above are examples of constructive thoughts in regards to the state of the game.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Can someone who is Bad Sport'ed create an invite only session and see if they can invite non-Bad Sport friends? No randoms or anything, just friends.

If they remove the ability to play with friends because you blow up some cars then it goes from "shucks no pubbies to troll for 2 days" to "don't play for 2 days"

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Arrath posted:

poo poo, I got a Bad Sport warning for blowing up 2 personal cars at once. The first two I've ever destroyed. I don't wanna be dunced :ohdear:

You will be fine. You have to go out of your way. Blowing up a personal car once in a while is both funny and worth it.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Aurain posted:

This is so dumb.
It wouldn't discourage anything, it's not hard to die, it's not hard to kill someone by mistake, and if you're looking to grief people, it's undoing several hours of work when you kill someone.

Except 2k is nothing, it's the minimum price of a bounty and you can make 2k by robbing a store or 9k by driving a car into a garage. I make between 50k-100k an hour and I'm pretty bad at this game so that means you have to play 1 hour to be able to die 25-50 times and not lose anything.

Also tell me whats the point of paying the 7500$ for mercenaries just to kill some guy

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006

Pleads posted:

Can someone who is Bad Sport'ed create an invite only session and see if they can invite non-Bad Sport friends? No randoms or anything, just friends.

If they remove the ability to play with friends because you blow up some cars then it goes from "shucks no pubbies to troll for 2 days" to "don't play for 2 days"

Hmm, I tried to join AC last night but he was in a bad sport session, and I think it wouldn't let me. For what that is worth.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

RBX posted:

I have not once blown up a car yet while killing people but please continue with the hyperbole.

Well gently caress me. How's the view from your high-horse?

Do free roam: Apparently trying to enjoy that is 'hyperbole'
Group up with your crew: That's what the gently caress I just explained, holy poo poo
Start a war with a rival crew: Yeah good luck getting that to actually work
Climb mountains with your friends: ... really?
Everything gives you xp anyway: Sure, like 10. The XP(RP)'s only purpose is to unlock new things - clothes, missions, etc. So yeah, only gotta sing in the shower 175,000 more times so I can get a totally sweet blue hat!

"People grinding for xp for useless houses are really missing the point."
How loving dare I enjoy something that you don't understand!

Reeoorb posted:

The death penalty in free roam is there to keep some semblance of sanity. Free roam is not helicopter deathmatch, that's what helicopter deathmatch is for. Is it worth randomly griefing the pubbies for a chance at loosing two grand? It better be, otherwise you chose the wrong session. (Because there are session types for literally EVERYTHING).

...That you then sit at a menu to get going for several minutes, followed by some jackass loving it up, and several more minutes of menus. I've tried to get into different game modes, and thrown out invites to crew, current sessions, friends, etc., and... after 5 minutes+ of waiting said gently caress it and went back to free roam to find something else to do, where it's just a few people hanging out of the side of a buzzard auto-aiming their way to glory. Everyone fucks around with things like Helicopter Deathmatching in free-roam because the matchmaking poo poo is damned near worthless.

TremorX fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 9, 2013

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Intrepid00 posted:

You will be fine. You have to go out of your way. Blowing up a personal car once in a while is both funny and worth it.

I don't understand the bad sport thing for blowing up personal cars, every time I've done it, I've got a bad sport warning and had the car's value deducted from my bank. Getting stuck in the dunce corner seems like a bit much to go on top of that.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Pleads posted:

I'm 99% positive that you are interned in a poo poo zone where you can only play with others also trapped in there and in no way can you play with anyone outside of it.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

VarXX posted:

Sell a car then. You can make upwards of 30k from selling a single car.

What?! The most I've gotten is 9300.

Edit: Still reading old replies trying to catch up.

A c E fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 9, 2013

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

I'm tired of the PM’s asking if I actually poisoned kittens, instead look at these boobies.

Reeoorb posted:

is empty and you blow it up, knowing it's some dudes ride, then sure... bad sport. If the dude is chasing you down the street firing a smg at you, then you should most definitely not get BS points.

If they didn't bad sport you for blowing up cars occupied higher levels would just non-stop bomb/RPG people. It is best considered a sanity check.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

I'm 99% positive that you are interned in a poo poo zone where you can only play with others also trapped in there and in no way can you play with anyone outside of it.

Is it permanent?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Intrepid00 posted:

You drive off right away after killing someone? I wait for them to get dumped back into the world. Also you can totally camp out Gerald's apartment for lols. It is incredible how you can totally screw someone over and over.

Camping Gerald's apartment is pretty mean, most of the time people don't have any awareness and immediately open their phones to bank the money they just got from a mission without checking the map for hostiles first. I was ganked as soon as I spawned in from the tutorial by somebody who was probably pretty disappointed with his $100 take.

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006

Intrepid00 posted:

If they didn't bad sport you for blowing up cars occupied higher levels would just non-stop bomb/RPG people. It is best considered a sanity check.

Excellent point. I don't really have a problem with it myself. I shoot people, cars don't kill me, drivers do.

Also, BS session is 2 days apparently.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Intrepid00 posted:

Is it permanent?

The first time you get sent in it lasts 2 days. I'm not sure if it increases if you get sent back.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

TremorX posted:

Well gently caress me. How's the view from your high-horse?

Do free roam: Apparently trying to enjoy that is 'hyperbole'
Group up with your crew: That's what the gently caress I just explained, holy poo poo
Start a war with a rival crew: Yeah good luck getting that to actually work
Climb mountains with your friends: ... really?
Everything gives you xp anyway: Sure, like 10. The XP(RP)'s only purpose is to unlock new things - clothes, missions, etc. So yeah, only gotta sing in the shower 175,000 more times so I can get a totally sweet blue hat!

"People grinding for xp for useless houses are really missing the point."
How loving dare I enjoy something that you don't understand!

I thought you had a valid point. Rockstar really doesn't seem like they know how they want this game to play out.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the state of the game is in six months to see if they've figured it out.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Intrepid00 posted:

But they don't bad-sport you for blowing up occupied cars. They bad-sport you for blowing up 'personal' cars, which, unless they're painted in some wildly ridiculous way to indicate "this is a personal car." THAT'S the whole point.

Handsome Ralph posted:

I thought you had a valid point. Rockstar really doesn't seem like they know how they want this game to play out.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the state of the game is in six months to see if they've figured it out.

Thanks. That's what I meant; yes, people are going to find different things to enjoy and that's FINE. Grinders, free-roam players, gently caress-around-ne'er-do-wells, they can and should all be able to get something out of this because it's such an open free world. That's my whole point, that Rockstar can't decide what they want out of online or how they want to steer the community to act. "Be a sociopath, but don't do this ONE thing!" "Enjoy these missions, but don't do them more than once!"

TremorX fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 9, 2013

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure if 5 or 10 more people complain about their measly $2000 loss from dying Rockstar will patch it out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
They could easily fix that by changing a players white dot into a car icon or something on the minimap when in their personal one.

RCarr posted:

I'm pretty sure if 5 or 10 more people complain about their measly $2000 loss from dying Rockstar will patch it out.

All evidence to the contrary, since they've specifically targeted money-making as things to bring the hammer down on. Which is cool since they have so much free time not unfucking everyone's lost poo poo, but hey yeah, better fix this money thing.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Wait, hang on, hold the loving phone.

That sick fuckin' dunce cap is something you can only get by being a Bad Sport?

Alright, now I think that particular system is bullshit.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Bad Sport points should make you a more lucrative target to kill, like multiplying bounty reward on your head if collected and also extracting the award from your own bank account.

Not this banned from game (it's not quite that, but pretty close) for 2 days stuff.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Spent a while in a survival match that got kind of political and devolved into a black guy telling us that he makes more money than we do in a week and we are all dumb rear end loving n words for not realizing that Obama ruined the country, a Canadian who was telling the black guy he is mentally handicapped, me laughing, and a Brit asking us to take turns talking and please be nice to each other and just enjoy the game.

We won, then the black guy left. We played two more rounds then decided we had enough and went back to free roam. The three of us each have $3,000 bounties on our heads and five people are swarming down on us in the desert. We take them all out, then a sixth, seventh, and eighth player show up in a helicopter. I take the chopper out with my last rocket and get on a Sanchez and honk for the Brit to get on. We drive east to the mountains as an SUV is chasing us and eventually get away. I think the Canadian died. The Brit and I deposit our $50k+ from the survival matches in our savings accounts, then I kill him and send him half the bounty.

Then my internet drops as I am texting him to let him know I have him half the bounty. Comcast says the internet will probably gone until the evening. I'm going out of town for a few days and probably won't get to tell the guy that I didn't screw him over.

I load up social club to make sure my character wasn't deleted and I see that the game didn't save after I deposited all of my cash, so next time I log in I will have to deposit ASAP before people come to collect my bounty.

Awesome game.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Do you get to keep the dunce cap to wear whenever you want once they let you out of jail? If they do I might have to blow up some personal cars.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

the truth posted:

I load up social club to make sure my character wasn't deleted and I see that the game didn't save after I deposited all of my cash, so next time I log in I will have to deposit ASAP before people come to collect my bounty.

Awesome game.

The game dumps you into your apartment at login.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

There's a lot of ragequitting going on here. Christ.

If any of you "that's it, I'm done" folks are in the goon crews on ps3, let me know so I can take your place.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!
Just did a game of Top Fun where the team in Jets actually won!

Nice job, cosbonaut. He killed all 4 guys by himself. :v:

BobKnob
Jul 23, 2002

Vikings are pirates only cooler. Oh yeah not a furry.
How do you get your collectors edition cars like the Hotknife in Online?

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

Speaking of griefing, a lot of goon-on-goon griefing has been taking place in game the bigger the crews have gotten. I know that loving around is all in hilarious fun and there's nothing at all wrong with having a laugh, but if you're actively screwing some other goon brethren in free roam that are annoying by it/asking you to stop, I'm going to start removing you from AWCO. gently caress with pubbies instead please.

This reminds me of an unfortunate incident I had last night. Was driving around and saw someone coming out of a store, didn't really look at the minimap and just started firing. Got the kill, started to drive off, then noticed a goon blip on the radar (two goons actually). I hang a U-turn, come back and honk, then realize it's the same guys I had just shot. I (rightfully) got taken out and ended up texting and apologizing for it. Sometimes things happen so fast, mistakes can occur. Whoops!

Also killed ExZippo at one point because I was just flinging sticky bombs everywhere and didn't realize he was riding behind us. That made me sad because we'd met up and rode the train tracks in that ridiculously beat-up car he posted earlier.

Oh, and if any goons are in a freeroam session with me and see that I've put a bounty on a pubbie, go after it! It makes for great television viewing.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

BobKnob posted:

How do you get your collectors edition cars like the Hotknife in Online?

I could be wrong but I think they show up as free on the car dealership website.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Intrepid00 posted:

The game dumps you into your apartment at login.

Only if you tell it to.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

RCarr posted:

Boohoo I lose 2k for dying and I cannot spare 30 loving seconds to rob a store or sell a car to get my money back this game is terrible! :qq:
Please rename the thread to: GTA Online - :qq:
I have to be the only person who doesn't give a poo poo about a $2000 penalty for dying. You can rob a store in less than 30 seconds and you get between $1000-2000. Survival missions routinely pay 15-20k. What's the problem?
I just assume anyone crying about losing $2000 is terrible at this game. Seems like a safe bet.

You complain more than anyone in this thread.

El Hefe posted:

You can take cop cars to Los Santos Custom?

You can only take the sheriff SUV into it. Have to get 4 stars in Blaine county to spawn it. The one with guys riding on it.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

nasboat posted:

This reminds me of an unfortunate incident I had last night. Was driving around and saw someone coming out of a store, didn't really look at the minimap and just started firing. Got the kill, started to drive off, then noticed a goon blip on the radar (two goons actually). I hang a U-turn, come back and honk, then realize it's the same guys I had just shot. I (rightfully) got taken out and ended up texting and apologizing for it. Sometimes things happen so fast, mistakes can occur. Whoops!

Yeah sometimes poo poo happens. I forget who it was, but a mission dumped a goon and I near each other and he got in his car and sped off I think before I appeared fully in his game, and he ran me down. He instantly slammed on the brakes because he was about to get out and apologize, but his reverse lights came on from the brake button and I thought he was reversing to finish the job! So I shot him in his car. Cue both of us frantically trying to apologize to each other.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mitt Romney posted:

You complain more than anyone in this thread.

You keep using this word... I do not think it means what you think it means.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Only if you tell it to.

Maybe if you turn it off if possible but it always dumps you there.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Once you purchase an apartment it changes the default to spawn you there, you have to tell it not to.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Slim Killington posted:

Yeah sometimes poo poo happens. I forget who it was, but a mission dumped a goon and I near each other and he got in his car and sped off I think before I appeared fully in his game, and he ran me down. He instantly slammed on the brakes because he was about to get out and apologize, but his reverse lights came on from the brake button and I thought he was reversing to finish the job! So I shot him in his car. Cue both of us frantically trying to apologize to each other.

yeah that was me haha

you just appeared out of nowhere, like a deer trying to cross a road at night

redcandle
Dec 27, 2012

Stiggs posted:

Just did a game of Top Fun where the team in Jets actually won!

Nice job, cosbonaut. He killed all 4 guys by himself. :v:

I played Top Fun for the first time last night. It was also the first time I had ever flown a jet.

A couple minutes in I crashed into a hill so smoothly that I opened up the landing gear, taxied towards the road and took off again (with a slightly smokey engine).

Then I flew into the only group of trees in the area and exploded because I had my eyes on my minimap.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

Speaking of griefing, a lot of goon-on-goon griefing has been taking place in game the bigger the crews have gotten. I know that loving around is all in hilarious fun and there's nothing at all wrong with having a laugh, but if you're actively screwing some other goon brethren in free roam that are annoying by it/asking you to stop, I'm going to start removing you from AWCO. gently caress with pubbies instead please.

yeah, I was actually kinda shocked when some goon killed me just for a lovely 1k bounty. I immediately blocked him, because hey, gently caress you for team killing.

Intrepid00
Nov 10, 2003

ruddiger posted:

yeah, I was actually kinda shocked when some goon killed me just for a lovely 1k bounty. I immediately blocked him, because hey, gently caress you for team killing.

Goon loving a crew member is a real dick move that should get you kicked from the crew :colbert: Crew is suppose to be the people you roll with, not against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Intrepid00 posted:

Maybe if you turn it off if possible but it always dumps you there.

There's an option in the Online menu under Settings where you specify where you want to spawn. Default is Property once you buy a house.

• Locked thread