Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

HBNRW posted:

It's more important to control the Mediterranean than dicking with either Emperors. Once we control the spice northern Africa, we can probably push claims on Spain. At that point, conquer Northern Italy and revive the Roman Empire!

Ignoring the fact that we already tried that and got turned into a rump state for the trouble, becoming the Roman Empire precludes actually owning Rome. Still, Africa is far closer to home than any Lombard. (Besides, why do we want to be Italy? This is the SICILIAN Mega-LP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

There be corundium up in them thar asteroids!!!
Africa

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Viva Italia, I say!

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
Africa.

Count Mippi
Nov 7, 2009

Benson's gonna drop his balls when he sees how good we set up these chairs. He's gonna be all like: "Oh no, my gumballs!"

North Italy!

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Guys, we can always pick up the rest of Northern Italy... right now we have a zealous young King who can expand Hauteville land from Tunis to Gibraltar... then D'Hauteville land will dominate or have a major presence near all Mediterranean coastlines! We will be close to the dynastic equivalent of Mare Nostrum!

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 9, 2013

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Go unite Italy.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
If you monsters dismantle Serbia-Lombardy-Nicaea I'm going to be so mad.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Africa all the way!

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Readingaccount posted:

Guys, we can always pick up the rest of Northern Italy... right now we have a zealous young King who can expand Hauteville land from Tunis to Gibraltar... then D'Hauteville land will dominate or have a major presence near all Mediterranean coastlines! We will be close to the dynastic equivalent of Mare Nostrum!

We can't always pick up the rest of northern Italy, though. The current independent states there exist only while the Holy Roman Emperor remains too weak to assert his control, whereas Africa will not be retaken by the most powerful empire in the world any time soon and will be ripe for conquest for centuries to come.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
The Empire has been growing steadily weaker though, and doesn't look like it's about to recover anytime soon... but good point still, especially since we don't know if we'll have some internal issue later. I'll stop agitating for N.A. votes at least, though I think I still support it on account of wanting to hit the muslims (though we'd obviously go for Alexandria first, given our future territories and that screenshot). Still, I'm tempted to change my vote.

King Roberto: Your Majesty, would you elaborate on your planned targets for your African campaign?

Approximate Vote Tally
Italy: 25
Africa: 21
Greece: 4

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 9, 2013

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I'm not sure if I understand: Are we still a vassal of the Latin Empire? Or has the Latin Empire been reduced to its holdings in Greece and Spain?

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Readingaccount posted:

King Roberto: Your Majesty, would you elaborate on your planned targets for your African campaign?

Who said anything about a campaign? The options are not meant to be equal in terms of how militarily-oriented they are. Make sure to take a moment to think about the implications of each option. If your primary goal is a big military campaign you should be voting to invade Greece.

Triskelli posted:

I'm not sure if I understand: Are we still a vassal of the Latin Empire? Or has the Latin Empire been reduced to its holdings in Greece and Spain?

No, we have not been a vassal of the Latin Empire for quite some time - since not long after the death of Emperor Alessandro all those decades ago. The Latin Empire is reduced to what you can see on the recent maps, plus our old Spanish holdings.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Honestly, the juiciest target of a Northern Italian campaign would be the sack of Venice, and all the potential trade it could bring us. The only other objective I can see is "to form Italy" which seems a little metagame-y

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 9, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We should conquer the Iberian peninsula.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We should conquer the world.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

paragon1 posted:

This is much more dull than it sounds, to be honest.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

paragon1 posted:

I'd rather conquer their purses:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk23s4hh8M8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YUiBBltOg4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nrSfC76lLI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtQhMCUbpps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8P80A8vy9I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9OF1TomJlM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amUMBKgdhQ8

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 9, 2013

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Viscardus: Thanks. I'm not interested in Greece at all, or combat for it's own sake, but I think I understand now. This is on what to use as a focus to bind Sicily together, with long-term internal ramifications.

^ Yeah, we shouldn't blob much bigger than this.

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Oct 10, 2013

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
Italy!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm glad this is the kind of thread where people can laugh and not take jokes literally.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

What if we conquered Iceland and renamed it Little Sicily? We need to expand our sphere of influence and establish a base to monitor our true enemies - the English.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
Voting for Africa.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

paragon1 posted:

I'm glad this is the kind of thread where people can laugh and not take jokes literally.

I've given it some heavy consideration, and I think it's about time we had a discussion. A discussion about flags.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

That's one of the downsides of playing as the D'Hautevilles, we don't get the kickass medusa head. The trinacria wasn't adopted until the Sicilian Vespers revolt in 1282.

Edit: Although I suppose a similar flag could be retconned to have been designed after we were vassalized in the Latin Empire by a particularly disgruntled member of the Curia.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 10, 2013

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Voting for Italia :italy:

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Veryslightlymad posted:

I've given it some heavy consideration, and I think it's about time we had a discussion. A discussion about flags.

All in good time. 1444 is just over a century away.

Worst Man in Space
Aug 31, 2011
Africa! Unifying Italy is such an obvious choice, and our adversaries there are just going to get weaker. The time to strike in Africa is now.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The King in the North(ern Italy)!

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
To Africa and beyond!

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
Africa sounds like a fun place to be.

ManicMarine
Oct 9, 2012
Well the count as I see it is:

Italy: 28
Africa: 25
Greece: 4

The votes are close enough that the 4 people who voted Greece could potentially change the outcome of the election if they change their preference.

For those who have been lurking and not voting, now would be the time.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!
Africa.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Fine, I'm changing my vote from Greece to Africa.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Africa because close elections are fun.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Voting for Africa.

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN
Italy

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Please sir, may I have some more?
We should go to Italy.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Given the way the voting petered out I figured I didn't need to set a deadline for it, but if there's going to be a new surge of voting, I'll set one now. If you want to cast a new vote or change your old one, please to do so within the next eight hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Voting for Africa

• Locked thread