Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Those like high waisted shorts and skirts and stuff have been in style, I think it's just one of those like dress to your body-type type things.

It looks like she got fitted for curtains instead of picking a skirt.

VVV E: Sounds like that uppity young lady was suffering from a case of Female hysteria

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_hysteria

quote:

Another cause was thought to be the retention of female semen, thought to mingle with male semen during intercourse. This was believed to be stored in the womb. Hysteria was referred to as "the widow's disease", since the female semen was believed to turn venomous if not released through regular climax or intercourse.

Good ole 19th century.

Megabound has a new favorite as of 03:31 on Oct 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

bitchymcjones posted:

Gross. Can you imagine going straight from that to being pregnant?

I believe I heard somewhere that opponents of corseting sometimes called tight-lacing "the baby-killer" for reasons I'm sure you can imagine.

e. holy poo poo I just found a thing :stare:

Corset controversy

quote:

The next Saturday, "Staylace" offered her experience:[24]

Girl's corset
MADAM, — I think I can give some information to "Corset" that will be useful. Nearly a year ago a niece of mine visited me from the country to have the finishing touches put on her education. I was greatly shocked by her appearance. She was fifteen years of age, and had evidently “run wild”. She had never worn corsets, and her figure was very clumsy, her waist actually measuring 25 inches. I had at once a pair of heavily-boned stays made, in which I laced her down to 22 inches. I made her wear the stays by night as well as by day, so that the figure might not expand during the seven or eight hours of sleep. At the end of the month, when the figure became accustomed to the tightness, I had another pair made much smaller round the waist, but quite easy over the hips and chest. In these I reduced her half an inch a month until I brought her waist down to eighteen inches, which I think is small enough.

A few weeks later, "Staylace" submitted excerpts from her niece's diary from the prior year.[24]

June 5. — Yesterday aunt told me she was going to make me wear stays. Didn't like the idea, I have never worn even a tight-fitting dress. Aunt measured my waist and said I was “horrid clumsy.” She then laced me into a pair of stays. I shall never forget the sensation. I felt as if I was all crushed in. I could not bend, but had to sit up as stiff as a pole, and how my back ached! I longed for bed time, but that was no good. My aunt would not take them off, though I begged her to. What a night! I couldn't sleep. I tossed about, and every moment the pain seemed to increase.

June 9. — My stays hurt me worse than ever last night. I cut the laces. What a jolly night's sleep I had, but I caught it this morning. As soon as my aunt laced me up she punished me severely. I guess I'll think twice before cutting the laces again.

July 7. — I had a smaller pair of stays put on yesterday. They hurt me horribly at night. I cut the laces. My aunt again punished me, this time very severely. She says if I again offend she will make me remember. I guess I'll remember as it is.

April 10. — When I think of what I suffered with my stays, it seems very strange that they don't hurt me now. My waist is only 18 inches, and feels more comfortable than when I was squeezed in only a couple of inches. In fact, I think I enjoy the feeling of tightness. I know when I take off my stays to wash, I don't feel comfortable till I get them on again. And then I do guess my figure is sweet. Why, half the girls I know look like old dowdies. I guess my aunt was right, though I did think she was too horrid cruel.

And other letters to the editor describe whipping and chaining girls up at night so they don't cut their laces :catstare:

platedlizard has a new favorite as of 03:26 on Oct 10, 2013

Hammer And Pickle
Nov 14, 2012

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Megabound posted:

It looks like she got fitted for curtains instead of picking a skirt.

VVV E: Sounds like that uppity young lady was suffering from a case of Female hysteria

Good ole 19th century.

Also when women get "the vapors" it's because of their female semen fermenting or some poo poo and the fumes going into their brains.

Seems legit

*butterfly strokes through the aether*

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Also when women get "the vapors" it's because of their female semen fermenting or some poo poo and the fumes going into their brains.

Seems legit

*butterfly strokes through the aether*

Hippocrates taught that the womb could move out of place and wander around the body. Plato writes:

quote:

In the middle of the flanks of women lies the womb, a female viscus, closely resembling an animal; for it is moved of itself hither and thither in the flanks, also upwards in a direct line to below the cartilage of the thorax, and also obliquely to the right or to the left, either to the liver or the spleen, and it likewise is subject to prolapsus downwards, and in a word, it is altogether erratic. It delights also in fragrant smells, and advances towards them; and it has an aversion to fetid smells, and flees from them; and, on the whole, the womb is like an animal within an animal.

It was thought to casue symptoms of illness by putting pressure on other organs and arteries and led to a wide variety of health problems.

Megabound has a new favorite as of 03:53 on Oct 10, 2013

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Megabound posted:

Good ole 19th century.
I like the idea of male semen and female "semen" mingling. "Hello, what brings you to these parts?"

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Megabound posted:

On the Star Citizen site they're holding a competition in the form of a fan photo contest. Cast your gaze upon this wonderful entry.

:staredog:

There's plenty to post from there, but this drowns out everything else.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13309-Citizen-Gallery-Photo-Contest-Entries

I told you NOT to come down here Mom!

Rambling Robot has a new favorite as of 05:21 on Oct 10, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Megabound posted:

On the Star Citizen site they're holding a competition in the form of a fan photo contest. Cast your gaze upon this wonderful entry.

:staredog:

There's plenty to post from there, but this drowns out everything else.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13309-Citizen-Gallery-Photo-Contest-Entries

For some reason I can't help but see one of the kangaroo dudes from "Tank Girl".

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Business Gorillas posted:

Can someone explain to me why this is a thing? Its not like the vintage pin-up girls are plus sized by any meaning of the word.

Because like everything the internet latched onto they took it too far.

They took the base idea of "Oh hey pinup girls used to be curvy back in the day" and took it to "SO IF I LOOK LIKE A SPHERE I'M BASICALLY A PINUP GIRL!"

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
http://justlittleneckbeardthings.tumblr.com

I hope this gains popularity. I am beyond fascinated by the lack of self awareness of the "fedora'd gentleman".

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Their use of the word 'fedorable' makes me hate english even more.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Captainsalami posted:

It should be a fedoral crime.

:rimshot:

Meatloaf Albatross
May 18, 2009
This is just really depressing. Hope you like lovely redundant techno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-vlOSY3KpY

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Meatloaf Albatross posted:

This is just really depressing. Hope you like lovely redundant techno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-vlOSY3KpY

Hello 1997 and hello FruityLoops!

Awful, just awful. :ughh:

bitchymcjones
Mar 23, 2006

Okay, your wiener, it's disgusting how it's all gnarled, it's like you stuck it in a hornet's nest!
Since we're still kind of on the topic of awful rockabilly culture, here's a bunch of rockabilly weddings. http://offbeatbride.com/tag/rockabilly

Normally Offbeat Bride has a lot of good ideas, but there's a lot of awkward there too.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Captainsalami posted:

Greetings, female! What a very fedorable disposition you have today, m'lady! :heysexy:

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Greetings, female! What a very fedorable disposition you have today, m'lady! :heysexy:

My womb is literally zipping around my body right now. Or would be if I were a m'lady.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My womb is literally zipping around my body right now. Or would be if I were a m'lady.

Mine shriveled up and died.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Business Gorillas posted:

Can someone explain to me why this is a thing? Its not like the vintage pin-up girls are plus sized by any meaning of the word.

Did you know that Marilyn Monroe was a size 24 by today's standards? Fat erasure has almost completely taken over beauty standards and these brave women are taking a sit.

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

Shamelessly swiped from another (not original source, thank you) forum:

birds
Jun 28, 2008

I need to know what the "other stuff" was.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 22:11 on Apr 2, 2014

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inspector Zenigata posted:

Wow, that second guy in that series of pictures is the most stereotypical neckbeard I've ever laid eyes upon. He's the platonic ideal of the brony. It's amazing.

The platonic ideal of the brony, with non-platonic ideas about a pony.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Macintosh posted:

Wanking eachother off and sobbing uncontrollably.

Edit: Also my ca'ts name is Octavia :ohdear:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Macintosh posted:

Is there any way this didn't end in a hastily swapped blowjobs behind a Burger King next to the dumpsters while their stuffed toys watched?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The MIA has been poisoned. Throw the art away.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Look at his loving title. LOOK AT IT. :gonk:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Some Chinese master artist made that beautiful tapestry and now hundreds of years later some affectedly twee dork is looking at it with an imaginary talking horse he thinks is his girlfriend.

"I want to be remembered," this great artist thought. "I want my life to have meaning and to leave a legacy."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pick posted:

Some Chinese master artist made that beautiful tapestry and right away some balding dork with 100 concubines is looking at it with a real live horse he thinks is his girlfriend.

"I don't want to be buried alive," this great artist thought. "I want my life to have breathing and to leave quietly in the night after I get paid."

C'mon, it's not like people haven't been terrible for thousands of years. Nowadays it's just cheapermore public.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Dalax posted:

I think this is the most depressing thing I've seen in this thread. Leave your god drat pony poo poo at home, you fuckers. Why the hell do bronies have to shoehorn MLP into everything.

e. holy hell I just noticed his title. ahahaha

platedlizard has a new favorite as of 08:41 on Oct 10, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Look at his loving title. LOOK AT IT. :gonk:

Why do you want me to...

Oh gently caress you forever. I will never get that image out of my head.

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!
Ramen with Homemade Seasoning. I don't even want to know what the gently caress is that.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Not ugly, or gross, but certainly awkward. NWS for a naked female model. Tits 'n bits.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/rzXncvh.jpg :nws:

Scathach has a new favorite as of 10:18 on Oct 10, 2013

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dalax posted:

"The mare I love"?!

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

Dalax posted:

I bet he still thinks his pony fan fic art is better

holy poo poo that title hahah

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

vandelay industries posted:

I bet he still thinks his pony fan fic art is better

holy poo poo that title hahah

Octavia is a "donator", and I don't want to know what that means (see custom title). :morning:

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 22:11 on Apr 2, 2014

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

Inspector Zenigata posted:

I hope that means he donated money for server maintenance or something, god drat. I never thought I'd see the day I was hoping somebody paid money to keep a brony forum alive, but it's the lesser of two evils.

Judging by his title, it's obvious that he donated his sperm to "Discord"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Dalax posted:

So these people are legit insane, right?

I mean, surely there is a line between gross confused losers who care too much about a stupid cartoon and these weirdos who think their "mare" plushy dolls are their girlfriends that they bring with them everywhere and talk about as if they were real :psyduck:

They need help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drilled Sausage
Oct 24, 2012
Today on the bus I saw a ~10 year old boy with a fedora :negative: What kind of parent would do that to their kid?

• Locked thread