Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Choco1980 posted:

My first apartment with my now ex-wife was one of those shoebox ones. I got it sight unseen from a coworker

You rented a place without ever seeing it first? :psyduck:

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Knormal posted:

Two toilet paper rolls!? My immersion! Would not buy.

I guess they made a mistake, and the game was supposed to be entitled Beyond: Two Rolls.

:downsrim:

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Tiggum posted:

I've done this a few times. I basically had to move for work to a distant city and couldn't make earlier trips to check out apartments first. One time I had a family member who lived nearby check it out for me, but I moved into one place unseen because it was literally the only apartment in a small town I could find.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

It's a shame real life isn't like Harry Potter where you could just use a spell to look at far away things using a camera to take a picture of it for you.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
It's a shame real life isn't like La-Di-Da Magical Perfectland where you have friends everywhere in the world who can take a picture for you or you could completely trust a landlord to not do everything in their power to deceive you about the crappy apartment they're trying to dump on you.

I want to live in Perfectland. :sigh:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Decrepus posted:

It's a shame real life isn't like Harry Potter where you could just use a spell to look at far away things using a camera to take a picture of it for you.

Have you seriously never seen a place advertised looking WAAAAAAY better in pictures than it does in real life?

bluetail
Jul 8, 2012

Istari posted:

I'm pretty sure using a mop is cheating. Unless he's enacting a sex act between him, another person, and the mop.

According to that Huffpo article, he wasn't even supposed to be performing. This is just some janitor who went to clean up some spilt beer onstage and then decided to give them a little performance.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Istari posted:

I'm pretty sure using a mop is cheating. Unless he's enacting a sex act between him, another person, and the mop.

I don't like to slut shame but Buckethead Wendy is pretty filthy.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

$800 to live like Harry Potter at the Dursleys'? Good lord. You know, people always want to hate on the Midwest but my husband and I pay $600/month to live in a 2 bedroom house with a yard and a washer/dryer. Can you even live anywhere in Boston/New York/wherever for that kind of money?
Let me tell you about San Francisco, where for a mere $3000 a month you can have the privilege of living in a spacious 2-bedroom 1000 square foot apartment with no laundry.

Unrelated to this derail:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Tiggum posted:

My girlfriend's sister rented an apartment sight unseen. If they had actually taken the time to visit it, it would've been rented and gone already.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I live in a 3 floor 2 bedroom with finished basement "apartment" with a back yard garden and immediate access to every conceivable public service and fast food delivery of every ethnicity just a few minutes outside of Atlanta. For $750 a month.

Coming from jersey, I have no idea how people live in Boston/NYC/Chicago.

80% of my books are on my kindle (I sold/donated everything that wasn't digital) and yet I have a "library" where I smoke a hookah and sit in a cozy wingback chair while reading garbage fiction and tweeting shitposts as I gaze out floor to ceiling windows on autumn's changing colors.

Anyways, face swaps are still kinda funny:

The Anime Liker has a new favorite as of 07:54 on Oct 10, 2013

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Tagichatn posted:

My girlfriend's sister rented an apartment sight unseen. If they had actually taken the time to visit it, it would've been rented and gone already.

The apartment I live in now, I rented sight unseen. I was moving up from Olympia to Seattle and in the time it takes to take the afternoon off work and drive up, places get rented. I put in a bunch of applications that I was too late on and once I got one that looked good in the ad and I was first on, I pulled the trigger sight unseen.

The place is nice, though, so I guess it turned out okay for me.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

I can confirm that the people at the New Orleans Sam's Club are in fact pants on head retarded. Although I would be surprised if they knew what pants were.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
My current place is the upstairs of one half of a duplex in downtown Columbus. I share the upstairs with my girlfriend, and our other friend takes the downstairs since it's his place originally. Thus, he pays one half of the rent and bills, and we split the other half.

I pay $200 a month for my share of rent, gas, and electric.

Then again, no dishwasher, no laundry. On the plus, the laundromat down the street has a bar.

/apartmentchat

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Met posted:

Brought to you by a journalist(?) at Huffpo: Air Sex World Championship

The guy on the back right clearly has his own ideas about non-virtual sex.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Do it Steve, do it for both of us

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Is that at a strip club or is it an optical illusion? Why is a pretty girl sitting on his lap next to his Spongebob purse?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Please tell me this is real and not a photoshop. It wouldn't surprise me, Sesame Street has parodied plenty of not-for-kids TV shows before (I'm fond of the Law & Order: Special Letters Unit bit).

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kakairo posted:

Please tell me this is real and not a photoshop. It wouldn't surprise me, Sesame Street has parodied plenty of not-for-kids TV shows before (I'm fond of the Law & Order: Special Letters Unit bit).

It's real. Bert's Books.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Years ago, I saw an episode of Bear in the Big Blue House, where there was a stack of books on a table. One of them was called The Brothers Bearamazov. It gave me a good chuckle, and made me wonder what other amazing references I must have missed as a kid.

Fake edit: after googling it right now, I've discovered that Bear in the Big Blue House is co-produced by The Jim Henson Company. So I guess that explains that.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kakairo posted:

Sesame Street was always big on these kinds of relatively-harmless jokes that only adults would get, with I think one of the first ones being Monsterpiece Theater with Alexander Cookie (Cookie Monster), and I think it's at least part of the reason the show had as much staying power as it did. Every other kid's show at the time was just pants-on-head retarded and you'd want to shoot yourself if you were forced to watch it as an adult because you were keeping an eye on your child. It's pretty much the most watchable show that's aimed at 3-year-olds.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

univbee posted:

Sesame Street was always big on these kinds of relatively-harmless jokes that only adults would get, with I think one of the first ones being Monsterpiece Theater with Alexander Cookie (Cookie Monster), and I think it's at least part of the reason the show had as much staying power as it did. Every other kid's show at the time was just pants-on-head retarded and you'd want to shoot yourself if you were forced to watch it as an adult because you were keeping an eye on your child. It's pretty much the most watchable show that's aimed at 3-year-olds.

This is true of all the best shows, really. The whole reason Animaniacs, Adventure Time, and others are so well regarded is that they're watchable to both kids and adults. This has a dark side, of course - this trait is what made a certain fanbase crop up around a certain show about pastel horses. (I had to watch some of it while looking after my little sisters and it was not as bad as I had assumed.)

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Found on a Japanese image board

--------

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Istari posted:

Years ago, I saw an episode of Bear in the Big Blue House, where there was a stack of books on a table. One of them was called The Brothers Bearamazov. It gave me a good chuckle, and made me wonder what other amazing references I must have missed as a kid.

Fake edit: after googling it right now, I've discovered that Bear in the Big Blue House is co-produced by The Jim Henson Company. So I guess that explains that.

Haha, I got to see a lot of little kids shows since I would watch my nephews a lot to free up some time for my sister. There's this one called "Big and Small", I believe it's a Henson production as well and one episode was about thunderstorms...imagine my surprise at this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk_xXK7fsv4
Although in Canada, the voices are different.

Or how about Sesame Street + Sons of Anarchy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmICU1gMAAw

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

His foot's not touching the ground. What a cheater.

crumpuppet
Mar 22, 2007

ROBORT > EVERYTHING

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Anyways, face swaps are still kinda funny:

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

Tempus Fugit posted:

So what you're saying is that the room would be a lot better if it were nothing like that room? Can't argue that.

All this talk of how the poors live is depressing me, have a pug instead :smug:

MRA.jpg

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Ariza posted:

Is that at a strip club or is it an optical illusion? Why is a pretty girl sitting on his lap next to his Spongebob purse?

She's sitting on the lap next to him.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kajeesus posted:

She's sitting on the lap next to him.

Look again, because she's definitely sitting on his lap.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah, he's just sitting kind of slumped but I'm pretty sure those are his legs beneath her.

Proof that even goony-looking guys can get hot girlfriends.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Phlegmish posted:

His foot's not touching the ground. What a cheater.

He's God, he can probably just make his legs grow really long with an extra knee, or something.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

DrBouvenstein posted:

He's God, he can probably just make his legs grow really long with an extra knee, or something.

You're thinking of Mr Fantastic

SquareDog
Feb 8, 2004

silent but deadly

univbee posted:

Case and point, Twin Beaks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vftf8TTve4s

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Ez posted:

You're thinking of Mr Fantastic

Who at one point met God/Jack Kirby:

quote:

Dr. Doom takes over The Thing's body, forcing Mr. Fantastic to kill his old friend, then travel to the afterlife to bring him back. After fighting through a series of surreal metaphysical challenges, the whole team ends up at God's doorstep, and finds that the almighty looks a lot like Jack Kirby. The Kirby-God restores everything to normal, and then, ever the gentleman, tosses off a quick sketch. Amen.

And God's a giant dick because all Ben ever wanted was to NOT be The Thing, and obliviously Kirby-God could send him back as a regular human, but NOPE!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

If I know anything about cars vs. animals, everyone in this .gif is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Let me tell you about San Francisco, where for a mere $3000 a month you can have the privilege of living in a spacious 2-bedroom 1000 square foot apartment with no laundry.

Unrelated to this derail:

This guy lives in my town, the horn plays La Cucaracha.

• Locked thread