Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Neraren posted:

It depends on the card. The Ancestor Spirits only cost 1 and give you a card draw when played, so you aren't losing out on the card you would have drawn without it.
I could be very wrong but it looks like its adding 2 spirits every turn. "So now it's creating and shuffling 4 into my deck every turn, that's why I think this resilient deck will be good."

At the start of your turn, create two [Ancestral Specters](just a bear at 2/2) and shuffle them into your deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Korak posted:

One guy streaming and apparently only 4-20 people on the server right now. Interesting Blood/Sapphire deck.

Any MTG people that are knowledgeable about deck numbers want to go over the strategy of using a card that adds 2+ cards a turn to your deck, completely screwing with your deck draws? Seems like it'd be a really bad card in magic(unless said cards it adds are really loving good), and probably a bad card in Hex.

Yeah, you don't actually lose a draw, you just get a 2/2 flyer for 1. It's fantastic.

If the spirits didn't have the draw attached, yes, you'd be right.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Go RV! posted:

Yeah, you don't actually lose a draw, you just get a 2/2 flyer for 1. It's fantastic.

If the spirits didn't have the draw attached, yes, you'd be right.
Ah you're right I was missing that part. Interesting card and he's using two token creators right now to good effect.

Game seems smooth. Biggest issue I see is misclicking priority will be common if it stays where it is. Probably needs to be moved to right or left hand side completely out of the way of clicking on it by accident going for a card.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Still downloading. Just finished Warmachine Wednesday, so here's hoping that the DL will resume from 85% instead of starting over when I get home. I asked my wife to start the install on my desktop 4 hours ago, so hopefully when I get home at midnight, that will be done.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Karnegal posted:

Still downloading. Just finished Warmachine Wednesday, so here's hoping that the DL will resume from 85% instead of starting over when I get home. I asked my wife to start the install on my desktop 4 hours ago, so hopefully when I get home at midnight, that will be done.

Mine has been going for a little over 4 hours and I'm at 44.8%.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

7-ish hours in and I'm at like 95%.

Yay.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
All my installer downloads contain invalid data.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Mikujin posted:

7-ish hours in and I'm at like 95%.

Yay.
Are you streaming?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Korak posted:

Are you streaming?
An hour later and I'm at 96%!

And I hadn't planned on streaming, but I could look into it. For what it's worth, I'll only be playing tonight and tomorrow. :(

E: 96.7%, to be fair.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yea at this rate it'll be done by about 10am tomorrow Sydney time (so I'll be at work again :cry:)

It's gonna be worth it though, even with crashes and bugs and poo poo I'm gonna have a ton of fun just messing around with what we have

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Finally finished the download and was getting crashes immediately when trying to launch the game. Did the repair thing and it downloaded another 250 files, but now it just loads up a planet spinning and sits there.

Welcome to alpha!

The first 70% took me like 20 minutes to download and then someone posted the dl link here and presumably everywhere and the last 30% took me like 4 hours so that was great.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Planned on streaming, but stuck at 99.3%.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Just got home to download and gently caress everyone who is ruining this for me with no benefit to themselves. After 5 minutes I'm downloading 7 of 3376 files which appear to be individual card texts.

But most importantly gently caress Cryptzoic for not planning around this.

I'll stop being salty when I can play and am just venting, but I'm hoping they show more foresight into the realities of internet game communities and don't continue to rely on the good intentions of their userbase. It would be kinda terrifying if they took the same "eh they probably will respect the privacy of this e-mail and not share the unprotected link with every website on earth" naivety to their game security.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
While it was pretty bad idea to release the download to everyone instead of just to those with access, it does seem Crypto's announced they're going to try and have the poor download speeds fixed by tomorrow's update I believe. What I'm worried about is that without enough people on to do the proper server stress tests quite yet, it'll slow down the releases for the next wave of entries.

But I really can't complain that much. This is an alpha which we're lucky to have access to in the first place and having a full set to fool around with is worth the wait. Plus I'm at the DC tier so I should be in the next wave but curious how long for all the King backers to fully get in.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
gently caress these assholes who are delaying their own access to the alpha. I just got home and I'm at 71% here. Thankfully my wife was good enough to start this download 7 hours ago for me.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Karnegal posted:

gently caress these assholes who are delaying their own access to the alpha. I just got home and I'm at 71% here. Thankfully my wife was good enough to start this download 7 hours ago for me.

Honestly, the people doing it are not the people are worried about testing an alpha product, but the snivelling sperglords who are expecting a polished gem as soon as they can download a client. I have a group of friends who all backed Hex (though none at GK like me), and despite them knowing I have a DL link [which I wouldn't pass on], they're not asking because they know they'll get their turn and that delays in testing mean delays in them getting to test.

There's folks out there who aren't assholes, but we've got an over-abundance of the opposite when it comes to stuff like this. And I know this comes across a little pious, but it's because I recognize that every delay in testing has a downstream effect. Delays today, mean delays tomorrow, and so forth, and it just annoys me that a little patience would go a long way. :sigh:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I had to restart my computer and now it's just been stuck at retrying filelist.txt :negative:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Grim posted:

I had to restart my computer and now it's just been stuck at retrying filelist.txt :negative:
I had this problem arise when I went to do my first install repairs. Closing the patcher and re-opening it managed to purge the problem. If it continues to be a hassle, check the alpha forums. Amid the mass of complaints similar to the ones you'll see here, there's some actual useful advice in a few threads, if you're willing to wade through the muck.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
At least tomorrow is a day off, so I can get up early and play/crash all day!

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I was trying to confirm the game is actually running and I found someone streaming, he was trying to find someone to play and apparently there are only 3 people online total :). Meanwhile being stuck on this spinning planet screen taunts my soul.

My only consolation for alpha not working for me is I did get a hearthstone invite a few hours ago so I guess I'll play that until things get sorted out.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

thiswayliesmadness posted:

how long for all the King backers to fully get in.

I wasn't expecting to get in before the weekend. At this point, if I get in before next Thursday, I'll be very surprised.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Some Numbers posted:

I wasn't expecting to get in before the weekend. At this point, if I get in before next Thursday, I'll be very surprised.

I would assume it's a ways out. Right now the 1200 people or so who are in right now can't play. I imagine the $250 tiers are going to go in in 1-2 chunks unless they figure out how to get way more people in. King is coming after all of that. A couple weeks wouldn't surprise me. Hopefully it's not to long because a lot of my friends are at king, but I'm dubious.

EDIT: 84%

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 10, 2013

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Well, while everyone's waiting, there's a deck in the alpha client just called "Alpha Collection", and, well...

It contains 4 of every single alpha card and 40 of every resource.

It might make for a pretty hilarious mirror match.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I wish I were able to complain about the download speed, but the installers messed up my DSL installation at our new place yesterday and I can't get a repair until tomorrow... :negative:

(Not that I'll have time today, I just want my precious precious internet!)

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
On my fourth running of the repair install. Each time I get a little further in before everything goes all pink. Still haven't managed to actually sign into the game.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I finally got in, just one problem:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Wow the download has sped up a ton! I'm almost finished... just in time for bed :negative:

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

I started my download at 6:30pm last night and have woken up to find the downloader is at 98.7%. I'm mostly impressed.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
Until you get to 100% and find out you have to redownload 1-2k files.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Uploaded the game folder to Mega NZ. I manually downloaded all the large files that kept getting dropped, so according to the repair tool it's 100%.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Captain Capitalism posted:

I finally got in, just one problem:

I take it there is no play against the computer mode available?

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
:lol: One of the streamers is talking about his download folder was only about 100mb up to 80% and then the next 1.9gb+ was done in the last 20%.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Livingtrope posted:

I take it there is no play against the computer mode available?

There is but the A.I is really basic now.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

Yeah, I created a mono wild deck and played against AI, but it's not really smart. On one hand, I have already found a couple of bugs (Crossposting from bug forum)

1) Crash of Beasts does not create a rhino, but it does escalate!
2) Lifedrain doesn't work, seemingly at all.

On the other hand, the following does work (and is awesome)

1) The 3/3 speed for 2 creature that shuffles back into your deck does become a 6/6 speed for 2 when you redraw it
2) Crazed Squirrel Titan is a cool card.
3) The ramp you can put out is pretty insane. You can go T2 Chloroblast or whatever and have 5 W threshold and 5 resources at the start of turn 3. This is not that difficult to do.

FunkyToe
Mar 29, 2010

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

Uploaded the game folder to Mega NZ. I manually downloaded all the large files that kept getting dropped, so according to the repair tool it's 100%.

Thanks! This works. You rock. I'm finally in the game.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

FunkyToe posted:

Whoa, it's this accounts first post eh? Not suspicious at all.

e: now there's an account on reddit that's 2 hours old pushing the same torrent. Hahaha, totally legit.

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 10, 2013

FunkyToe
Mar 29, 2010

Blazing Zero posted:

Whoa, it's this accounts first post eh? Not suspicious at all.

Had to stop lurking some time and he deserved thanking. The patcher was taking 30+ seconds per text file to dl. They seem pretty lax on the keep name policy. I've seen spaces in names and a name with just one letter.

Looks like the server is down now. Can't get in.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Sacrificial Toast posted:

Well, while everyone's waiting, there's a deck in the alpha client just called "Alpha Collection", and, well...

It contains 4 of every single alpha card and 40 of every resource.

It might make for a pretty hilarious mirror match.

At first I just saw the 1246 card library and thought that was pretty funny. Then I realized I had somehow missed the three foot stack of cards right behind it. :v:

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

I'm trying to figure out a deck based around the 5 cost BB 3/3 that destroys all of your resources when he enters play, but my deckbuilding skills are pretty bad. Would he make more sense in an aggro deck to make sure you hit gas, or in a control deck? If control, I assume we'd need a good amount of ramp. Luckily, there is artifact ramp and Wild ramp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

FunkyToe posted:

Cheers :)

Bobbin Threadbear fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 10, 2013

• Locked thread