Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Chakan posted:

People have posted about this before, it's just kinda there though. I imagine your first reset or two it matters, but once you have even 500 chips, the early game goes by very fast.

I spend most of the time after I've gotten my first 2-3 farms trying to click on the most efficient building fast enough to keep up with my ever swelling cps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varjon
Oct 9, 2012

Comrades, I am discover LSD!

Sindai posted:

That is what it does. I just checked and after resetting all the building buttons gray out instantly for me. He found a lucky bug.

I had this same bug with a recent reset as well, only I actually started the game with around 500 billion cookies, it never reached zero. It might have to do with clicking the cookie while the number is spinning down.

I reset again to wipe the bank the rest of the way without thinking because I'm such a goody twoshoes :(

Gentleman
Aug 19, 2006

Would you let me see your panties?
Did cookie monster break? It won't load for me via bookmark or console.

Varjon
Oct 9, 2012

Gentleman posted:

Did cookie monster break? It won't load for me via bookmark or console.

Pastebin seems to be down right now, that's where the cookiemonster script pulls its code from.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I accidentally refreshed my Cookie Clicker tab, and now Cookie Monster refuses to load. It says that it is enabled in Tampermonkey, but restarted Chrome and even the computer does nothing to make it come back. Weird.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
Same here. Looks like it's down.

Hiilai
Jun 13, 2009
Yeah, Pastebin seems to be having some issues right now.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
Getting 10.8 trillion CPS while frenzied. :getin:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Hiilai posted:

Yeah, Pastebin seems to be having some issues right now.

I know it's a stretch because only the Cookie Monster script is hosted there, but I am still going to assume the fire was cookie related.

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
466 Quadrillion up from about 60 today, all from 66Q cookie chains :q:
When am I going to start seeing 666Q chains?

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Is Elder Frenzy bugged? It doesn't increase the displayed CPS like normal Frenzy does, it also seems to be pretty underwhelming now that I have over half a billion CPS natively. A Clicking Frenzy gives me more cookies than an Elder Frenzy now.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
Cookie Monster seems to be up and running again.

Jadaris
May 9, 2003

I am Leto, Lion of Atreides
I wish Orteil would put out updates faster, the game really loses its appeal when the only way you can improve is to click every golden cookie and reset every few days.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I'M FREEEEEEEE :toot:

man when is the dungeons update coming

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Merijn posted:

I'M FREEEEEEEE :toot:

man when is the dungeons update coming

With that measly chip count? I think not.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I just cared about unlocking everything. I'm just playing whack-a-mole now with whichever upgrade is coloured green by Cookie Monster, until the dungeons upgrade.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

I guess nothing is sacred to Japan :saddowns:

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Oh right I still have to get 240 cursors, got all achievements last night.

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked
Ahhh, my computer updated last night and when I turned it on I had lost a days worth of cookies. What the hell happened?

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Greybone posted:

466 Quadrillion up from about 60 today, all from 66Q cookie chains :q:
When am I going to start seeing 666Q chains?

Never as far as I know, as 66Q is for now the last possible cookie in the chain. If it weren't 266Q in bank would be enough for 666Q chains.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Whelp reset for the first time last night. You guys weren't kidding when you said those chips really sped things up. I restarted with enough cookies to get like 56 chips and it took my a grand total of 90 minutes to get back to roughly the same level of production I was at before reseting. A level that took me 5 days to get to. I need more golden chips. A thousand will be enough, right? I'll stop wanting more when I have a thousand golden chips...

...right?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Feeble posted:

Whelp reset for the first time last night. You guys weren't kidding when you said those chips really sped things up. I restarted with enough cookies to get like 56 chips and it took my a grand total of 90 minutes to get back to roughly the same level of production I was at before reseting. A level that took me 5 days to get to. I need more golden chips. A thousand will be enough, right? I'll stop wanting more when I have a thousand golden chips...

...right?

Since I am over that already and still barreling toward 2000, I would say no.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
99 Antimatter Condensers. 99. Aaaaaargh. Why is the last one so expensive? :(

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Patter Song posted:

99 Antimatter Condensers. 99. Aaaaaargh. Why is the last one so expensive? :(

My condensers just hit 18 digits in price, it is very sad. :smith:

Greybone
May 25, 2003

Not the red cross.
6 minutes from start to first antimatter condenser on my second reset.
Heavenly chips oh my :q:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Antimatter Condensers in the Quadrillions and I'm not even in the 90s. Will I get to double my heavenly chips or the 100th condenser first? Who knows?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Since I am over that already and still barreling toward 2000, I would say no.

This loving game, man. It's like it's gently tickling that overdeveloped part of my gamer mind that just loving loves to see my numbers going up. It's like a Skinner box except I don't even get any food pellets. I'm sitting here on campus, wondering about what I should do because I have 2 hours before my next class and I didn't bring a book or my laptop and I seriously considered starting a whole nother temporary game of cookie clicker. What is wrong with me?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
In the final upcoming dungeon (that takes depraved amounts of grinding to even reach) you must defeat the game itself, which wipes your save and leaves a big flashing "GO OUTSIDE" sign on your screen.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

And then I would shrug and start clicking again because I am a good little cookie whore.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'm on a laptop. I can click cookies outside, at least until my pale skin and delicate lungs burn under the harsh conditions of fresh air and sunlight.

Edit: VVV Nah, 25ish chips away. I think I'll be resetting a fair way before 100 condensers. Next time though...

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 10, 2013

Varjon
Oct 9, 2012

MooCowlian posted:

Antimatter Condensers in the Quadrillions and I'm not even in the 90s. Will I get to double my heavenly chips or the 100th condenser first? Who knows?

If you're really close you could try selling all your other buildings to get the 100th before resetting.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

ok, 118/118 and 94/94...

let's play again!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kraps posted:

ok, 118/118 and 94/94...

let's play again!

94? But... there are 98...

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Eldercain posted:

94? But... there are 98...

97? And the Shadow achievements.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Karnegal posted:

97? And the Shadow achievements.

The achievement counter goes up by 1 on both sides (current and total) whenever you get a Shadow Achievement.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

Color Printer posted:

The achievement counter goes up by 1 on both sides (current and total) whenever you get a Shadow Achievement.

Ohhh, I also have 2 speed baking achievements.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Color Printer posted:

Yeah ok that's a confusing way to do it. Disregard my befuddlement.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Color Printer posted:

Ah, I guess I'm stuck until I get black cat's paw

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Kraps posted:

Ohhh, I also have 2 speed baking achievements.

There's a third. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

Karnegal posted:

Ah, I guess I'm stuck until I get black cat's paw

Including black cat's paw there should be 99 achievements?

• Locked thread