Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Reportedly at the time we tried to get him AND Callum Wilson before the window closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Captain Cancer posted:

What more, you'll overtake Gills when you beat us on Sunday.

Can't believe how well you're doing to be quite honest. I feel rather foolish that the thought of one less relegation spot to worry about ran through my mind during your troubles

Agreed with all this. I hope we will win a game soon.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

Lionel Richie posted:

Reportedly at the time we tried to get him AND Callum Wilson before the window closed.

This would make me do a sad. Do you want me to do a sad?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Noone else gets to do a sad ITT as long as I am still here and still a Notts County supporter

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Popehoist posted:

Noone else gets to do a sad ITT as long as I am still here and still a Notts County supporter

Cheer up, you'll piss League Two.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
second bottom

only way is up now

kinda

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Cheerful optimism, that's the spirit. Even if the Northampton Sky Blues destroy Gillingham, as is their wont, Colchester are still a massive five points clear of the drop zone.

starksfergie
Jul 24, 2007

I'm just content to relax and drown within myself
Went to my first League 1 game last night at Brisbane Road and it was a cracker (tbh, Orient pushed Notts County around all night and the Magpies goal was very much against the run of play and a let off by Orient after going up 3-0 a few minutes earlier)... since they are my local team (just moved over from the US), I feel like this may become a habit (and 7 wins out of 7 is a great start, though I've already been told to wait for the inevitable fall)

and sorry Popehoist, your team was dire last night, I truly felt bad for them by the end (I think you'll see the wrong side of 5-1 more than once this season)

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Oh it must be getting desperate, we've signed Marlon King. Now just to get Ched Evans back when he's released and we'll have the sex offender dream team :twisted:

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Losing to a team managed by Mickey Adams, with Chris Birchall scoring the winner :negative:

Dekko
May 23, 2007
Hey Notts County guy how is Jack Grealish doing?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
He's going to need to see a chiropractor soon after carrying the entire team on his back every week.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24174433

Good for Wimbledon if they can pull it off.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Popehoist posted:

He's going to need to see a chiropractor soon after carrying the entire team on his back every week.

I note that our only striker capable of scoring League One goals did in fact score a League One goal, playing for you, on Saturday.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Blinking heckers lads we've lost six games in a row.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
Well worth it for the fans that traveled lads, well done

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

we just smashed the gently caress out of the 2008 FA Cup winners 4-2. get in.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

britishbornandbread posted:

we just smashed the gently caress out of the 2008 FA Cup winners 4-2. get in.

NO YOU DIDN'T SHUT UP

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Lionel Richie posted:

Blinking heckers lads we've lost six games in a row.

Saudi Prince has ruined everything.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Saudi billionaire who turned up the day after the transfer window closed. Load of bollocks that is.

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

feels good to win a game again, exciting and invigorating I think.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Timbers Jim posted:

NO YOU DIDN'T SHUT UP

are you going to be at the return fixture at Fratton Park in March? I'll buy you a pint and we can talk about wrestling and internet forum in jokes.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

are you going to be at the return fixture at Fratton Park in March? I'll buy you a pint and we can talk about wrestling and internet forum in jokes.

Sounds like a lip smacking time, we'll be relegated by then so the pressure will be off

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I don't know much about League 1 and below, but Men in Blazers did an entertaining and somewhat informative podcast with Leyton Orient's (1st place in league 1, 25 pts out of a possible 27) chairman Barry Hearn.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=9760136

His part starts about 40 minutes into it.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Hey, local York City fan(s)! It looks like Puri has fallen out of the starting 11, why? I thought he'd been doing quite well.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

jyrka posted:

Hey, local York City fan(s)! It looks like Puri has fallen out of the starting 11, why? I thought he'd been doing quite well.

hello!

he had an injury recently. before that he was doing very well for himself as a wide midfielder role. Since then he has been displaced by a loanee winger but he has looked good and is getting some pitch time. he's very popular at the club and settled well.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Looks like David Weir's been sacked. I really thought he'd be a good manager, I don't think anyone could've predicted just how awful it turned out to be. On to the next one :effort:

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

I hope everyone is ready for today's BIG MATCH. Two lower middle table teams serving up football. Can the mighty portsmouth *mumbles off to silence*

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Lionel Richie posted:

Looks like David Weir's been sacked. I really thought he'd be a good manager, I don't think anyone could've predicted just how awful it turned out to be. On to the next one :effort:

can you do me a massive favour and not recall Elliot Whitehouse? Ta mate.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

oh he's good is he. Don't worry we'll end up giving him to you for free.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Win the Devon derby, climb up to 3rd, punt off 3-0 to loving Hartlepool at home. Exeter City Football Club

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

Oh no Mad Dog has been sacked.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

hahahaha gently caress off Mad Dog you weird oval office.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Akinfenwa player manager?

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

hahahaha gently caress off Mad Dog you weird oval office.

lol as much as he is a bit of a prick it seems a bit harsh after winning the League 2 title and now sitting at 17th. Maybe something behind the scenes

Blue Screen Error posted:

Akinfenwa player manager?

I can get behind this.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

maybe he talked the directors to death with that boring tone he adopts gently caress me he's odd

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Glad for another win, but GOD that defence needs sorting out sharpish. Fleck finally looked decent, but mostly I'm worried about how much our fortunes rest on both Wilson and Clarke not leaving (they're totally leaving you guys) or getting injured.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Goddamn is it tight up the top of League 2.

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up
Got monumentally drenched in the way back from the abandoned game at Fratton Park tonight, and I only live a few minutes walk from the ground.

Water on some pavements was ankle deep!

Took this at half time just before the decision to abandon it was made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xejwQrROTM8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Rusty! posted:

Got monumentally drenched in the way back from the abandoned game at Fratton Park tonight, and I only live a few minutes walk from the ground.

Water on some pavements was ankle deep!

Took this at half time just before the decision to abandon it was made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xejwQrROTM8

Was hoping Wycombe would pummel your boys too tonight. Next time old pal, next time. Sucks it had to be abandoned.

• Locked thread