Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet

Waffles Inc. posted:

This show is so good. We need to start a campaign to get more people watching.

I very rarely laugh out loud at TV shows, but this show has me ugly girl laughing multiple times each episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Coconut Indian posted:

I very rarely laugh out loud at TV shows, but this show has me ugly girl laughing multiple times each episode.

Hahaha me too! It's too bad this thread doesn't move a lot, because this show is super quotable, too

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I enjoy it, but not as much as I hoped I would. Seconding Captain is the best character.

TVbytheNumbers says it's now "likely to be cancelled"

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
According to TVLine, FOX has at least ordered more scripts. It doesn't translate directly to more episode, but it shows they're interested in the show:

http://tvline.com/2013/10/04/brooklyn-nine-nine-script-order-full-season-pickup-next/

Unless this has been disproved somewhere else...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The running gag about being unable to read Holt was the funniest thing the show's done yet.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Waffles Inc. posted:

You speak the truth. Today's episode was amazing.

edit:

The Show has a twitter account that is pretty good. Make sure to tweet at it/

Mooseontheloose fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 9, 2013

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

If only this show didn`t have Dads as a lead in

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I watched all the episodes released on Hulu last week and I always found something to laugh at. This really is the best new comedy of the season, I hope it stays!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The scene with Samberg banging on the 1-sided mirror until it broke was pure comedy gold.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

Terror Sweat posted:

If only this show didn`t have Dads as a lead in

It really is a shame. Dads gives me such vitriolic rage, that I'd rather watch an unending marathon of The Big Bang Theory than sit through another episode of Dads. Dads will probably kill Brooklyn 99 because most people will change channels before Dads ends.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

pentyne posted:

The scene with Samberg banging on the 1-sided mirror until it broke was pure comedy gold.

Yeah, that killed me. Another fantastic episode.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Stabitha posted:

It really is a shame. Dads gives me such vitriolic rage, that I'd rather watch an unending marathon of The Big Bang Theory than sit through another episode of Dads. Dads will probably kill Brooklyn 99 because most people will change channels before Dads ends.

Brooklyn Nine Nine has had more viewers than Dads every episode! :eng101:

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Stabitha posted:

It's really striking how Dads seems to just exude "bad"--I hardly know anything about it, but the DVR always gets the post-credits closing bit and it's just the worst thing ever.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Waffles Inc. posted:

tviv.txt right here.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

BrooklynBruiser posted:

tviv.txt right here.

I need to stop getting invested in critically acclaimed but low rated shows.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
This is an amazing show. Fox please!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Up this week to 1.5.

Pretty much every show on every network on Tuesday is low. I blame baseball.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Does the .10 bump do anything for the show's renewal chances?

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I really hope this doesn't get cancelled, probably my favorite comedy this year.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Best moment was Samberg's "Yes I am!" line right at the end of the opener.

Delivered perfectly, and it speaks miles of how petty and immature Peralta is. Crews continues to kill it, and there were just so many perfect moments in the writing.

Please don't ruin my dreams, goons. :(

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

No Chelsea Peretti this episode :( Still great other than the lack of her though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The energy this show has is very similar to Andy Richter Controls the Universe. Where any scene can take a detour into strange and just go off the rails.

Cadence
Dec 31, 2007
Does watching it on the FOX website help its #s or help it get renewed? Does watching the ads on the FOX website do anything? This show is really funny and I will watch weird Lexus ads if that helps.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

wrong thread

Mooseontheloose fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 10, 2013

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

ARGH WRONG THREAD

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Rarity posted:

The running gag about being unable to read Holt was the funniest thing the show's done yet.

Seriously, the Captain is the best character.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Cadence posted:

Does watching it on the FOX website help its #s or help it get renewed? Does watching the ads on the FOX website do anything? This show is really funny and I will watch weird Lexus ads if that helps.

Similar question, does watching it on Hulu help?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Listen, watching it on Hulu or Fox.com certainly doesn't hurt. So knock yourself out. I mean, it's not gonna help really, but it does show them that there's some interest in the show.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

My family only has two DVR slots at a time - my parents claimed NCIS and I went with Agents of SHIELD. Agents has been stunningly unimpressive, but its the sort of show that benefits from the HD treatment.

I've been watching Brooklyn Nine Nine online every night so far. Its a tough timeslot.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

No Chelsea Peretti this episode :( Still great other than the lack of her though.

I honestly forgot she was a character. I don't love her like the rest of TVIV seems to (where does this come from? I've never seen her before) but she doesn't bother me either.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

myron cope posted:

I honestly forgot she was a character. I don't love her like the rest of TVIV seems to (where does this come from? I've never seen her before) but she doesn't bother me either.

I think most of the love for her comes from her appearances on podcasts and her stand-up comedy. She was also a writer for a while on Parks and Rec.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'd never even heard of her until this show, but she is pretty funny. I too hope this doesn't get cancelled, it is funnier than most other shows on television. My buddy linked me to RT's review of Dads, where it was given a 0%.

E: Was nice to see The Waitress too! Watched the first couple of seasons in New Girl where she makes a couple of appearances in that show and was looking dreadful. Glad to see her looking healthy again

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
It probably doesn't matter but the Live+7 day ratings are always double what the original broadcast ratings are. I think that's the problem with a show that skews 18-34...the target audience doesn't want to/can't watch it at 8:30pm on Tuesday night. I've had to watch every episode on Hulu because I'm usually busy during primetime.

It's a double edged sword that it seems like Netflix is trying to fix.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
This feels like the kind of show that at the very least gets a randomly aired second season that ends on a summer weekend. The combination of cast and talent off screen should at least earn it that.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Well this show is excellent but I'm in the UK so I don't mean poo poo to Fox. Don't gently caress this up, Americans! :argh:

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Just burned through all of the episodes on demand. This show is awesome.

The waitress as the M.E. and the creepy dead guy sex was great.

"Two hours, did you have sex 400 times?"

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I was dieing when they did the flash back to his sexual encounter with The Waitress. I hope more Always Sunny people show up. Artimis and The Waitress were great!

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Deadpool posted:

Listen, watching it on Hulu or Fox.com certainly doesn't hurt. So knock yourself out. I mean, it's not gonna help really, but it does show them that there's some interest in the show.

Ever since Hannibal made it to renewal, I've been wary of Nielsen ratings. Shows are definitely cut slack on the numbers if they make waves on the net.

(Of course Hannibal had the benefit of excellent viewership in the highest income groups, which I'm guessing this doesn't share)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

coffeetable posted:

Ever since Hannibal made it to renewal, I've been wary of Nielsen ratings. Shows are definitely cut slack on the numbers if they make waves on the net.

(Of course Hannibal had the benefit of excellent viewership in the highest income groups, which I'm guessing this doesn't share)

Hannibal also had the benefit of being on NBC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Rarity posted:

Hannibal also had the benefit of being on NBC

Would this show do better or worse on NBC Thursdays?

• Locked thread