Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Mistral has all those arms because she used to run a string puppet theatre cart and needed to keep up with the cyborg string puppet theatre cart competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

The thread may be killed, but the memes will live on!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ratoslov posted:

Mistral gives the best backrubs, and is trained in over a dozen forms of theraputic massage.

She has a bunch of alternative arms. Like heads on a vacuum cleaner.

ScotchDK
Aug 14, 2008

mmmh, smooth...
Okay, I think we can safely say that the dead horse has been beaten 9 feet into the ground by now. Time to let it go. Please.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Yeah, it's getting to be quite the handful, isn't it?

...I'll see myself out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Second-hand puns are the worst

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

This is getting out of hand.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Okay guys really you can stop now.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This is unacceptable for any thread not made by Geop.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
I'm gonna pull out this thread's cyber spine until the first Sam DLC update is up, which should only be a few days from now. Then I will neatly put the spine back in.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Hello. Today I was working on uploading update 16, but it turns out that Youtube is majorly broken, making it pretty much impossible to upload anything at the moment. Videos take hours to process and then it fails to encode them at certain resolutions. I really want to put it up today, so I guess for now all I can do is stream the update later today for people who really want to see it. I'm posting now to let everyone know, and I'll post again in an hour or two when the stream is getting ready. I will be streaming at my twitch.tv account over here.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That is really cool and kind of you to do for us. Thank you.

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

The stream will begin in about 10 minutes or so. This update is three videos long. There will be one more update after this one.

Update 16 Stream

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Are you streaming the videos with cut commentary, or uncut?

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

I'm streaming the uncut versions since that is what the majority of people watch.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Will the videos be uploaded on YouTube at some point? Can't quite make the stream.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Serperoth posted:

Will the videos be uploaded on YouTube at some point? Can't quite make the stream.

Of course they will; the stream is for those who really wanna watch it now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do you guys think it's a coincidence that 3 out of the 5 bosses in the game have the same weapons as the Ninja turtles? Staff, Sai, Sword. The only ones that don't match up are Sundowner and Armstrong.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

RatHat posted:

Do you guys think it's a coincidence that 3 out of the 5 bosses in the game have the same weapons as the Ninja turtles? Staff, Sai, Sword. The only ones that don't match up are Sundowner and Armstrong.

Considering the game has a blatant TMNT reference, probably not.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Of course they will; the stream is for those who really wanna watch it now.

Makes sense.
I'm not even sure why I asked, but oh well. Better be safe or something.
And I guess someone might have asked anyway so there's that.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

RatHat posted:

I think you can argue the scissor blades are just a very very very stupid form of nunchucks to be honest.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

RatHat posted:

Doesn't Splinter fight bare-handed? Armstrong could possibly be analogous to him.

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.
Ahh, that was a good stream. Thanks for sharing it with us Chip! Hard to believe that we're almost done with this game, after having been with it for so long.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Doesn't Splinter fight bare-handed? Armstrong could possibly be analogous to him.

What about the lady turtle from that one series

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
That Ray kind of went out in a lame way.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Boxturret posted:

That Ray kind of went out in a lame way.

That's kind of the theme with Metal Gears in Revengeance.

TCat
Oct 10, 2012

I'll save you the time and call myself a loser

RatHat posted:

I can only imagine the reason Sundowner doesn't use nun-chuck despite being a gigantic weeb, is because he doesn't have the coordination for it even with his enhanced cyborg body powers. Which just leaves the amusing visual image of big burly Sundowner trying to mimic Bruce Lee but just constantly hitting himself in the face with a cyber-chuck.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Tempo 119 posted:

What about the lady turtle from that one series

Shhh. We don't talk about Venus.

That's seriously a hot button issue with some of the writers of TMNT.

Interview posted:

In a 2007 interview director Kevin Munroe elaborated on the instructions Peter Laird gave to him for TMNT. Munroe admitted that among those rules was, "There’s absolutely no mention of Venus de Milo, the female Turtle. You can’t even joke about that with Peter. It’s just one of those things that he hates with a passion."

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You haven't mentioned how Sam can absorb multiple spines, and they show up individually on his sword. That was a nice touch, I think they probably wanted to do that in the main game but didn't have the time to program it in.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

notZaar posted:

You haven't mentioned how Sam can absorb multiple spines, and they show up individually on his sword. That was a nice touch, I think they probably wanted to do that in the main game but didn't have the time to program it in.

You can do that in the game and I'm pretty sure Raiden will be holding multiple spines.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

LAY-ZX posted:

You can do that in the game and I'm pretty sure Raiden will be holding multiple spines.

No, he just does them one at a time.
Well, I'm dumb.

Boxturret fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 21, 2013

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Incorrect. 6:09, this video. You can distinctly see Raiden holding multiple spines. before he crushes them and lets the sweet, sweet Gatorade out.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I think that might be a double spine, not sure. I've sunk countless hours into this game and I'm sure Raiden can only crush one, that's the only animation he's got. In the demo you couldn't even pick up multiple spines in a zandatsu. They changed the final code of the game to let you grab more than one, but the animation didn't change.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I didn't notice the post until now, would you mind setting the stream archive to be viewable?

e:VVV

drat you're quick.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 21, 2013

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

No worries, because the actual update is up for real now.

Metal Gear Rising #16-1: Minuano.....Uncut Commentary
Metal Gear Rising #16-2: Sensei Cat.....Uncut Commentary
Metal Gear Rising #16-3: VR Gauntlet

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I kind of like playing as Sam more than I like playing as Raiden. There should be a weapon style in Rising 2 that gives you Sam's moveset.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
"I do enjoy the video juego!" was the best part of this update. :allears:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
"Why do these sewers seem so familiar?"

SAM, NO! Stop zandatsuing the fourth wall!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Playing catch-up on the updates. Probably late or already done, but:

hackdog.gif

• Locked thread