Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

bowser posted:

In an episode full of great lines "Twitter Watergate" made me laugh the hardest. I don't even know why, but it had me dying.

This line killed me, too. "..until we come up with a snappier name."

Conquistador posted:

I forgot about her, but was curious where my man Andy was off to.

What is he doing anyway, filming a movie? Or did he leave the series

He was filming Guardians of the Galaxy in London, which is why the season premiere took place there/had him stay for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

codenameFANGIO posted:

This episode proves definitively that no one will miss Ann. :)

I was excited to hear they were getting rid of Ann. I like Rashida Jones but they should have written off Ann a LONG time ago.

bowser posted:

In an episode full of great lines "Twitter Watergate" made me laugh the hardest. I don't even know why, but it had me dying.

Also this, though I wouldn't have been as sold on it without Perd Hapley.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mercaptopropyl posted:

I was excited to hear they were getting rid of Ann. I like Rashida Jones but they should have written off Ann a LONG time ago.

Keeping her around kept being more and more strained. I like her too but it was time.

This is why I was disappointed we didn't see some of the Eagleton folks this time. It's time to bring in some new blood.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Ron's breakfast poster no longer has the smiling brunette in it; it's just the breakfast plate now... is that new?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Metaline posted:

Ron's breakfast poster no longer has the smiling brunette in it; it's just the breakfast plate now... is that new?

Didn't that happen way back in the very first Tammy 2 episode?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

thexerox123 posted:

Yeah, this is when he replaced it.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

thexerox123 posted:

Yes. I saw the episode recently. He gets rid of it after Leslie dumps her for him. What a brave woman.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I still don't understand why Tina Fey has never had a cameo on this show. It's not as though they shy away from high-profile guest stars.

Also I want to see more of Leslie's mother. She and Leslie work fantastically together, and I've always imagined she plays a large role in Leslie's life, given that she's basically the reason Leslie acts like she does.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm sad you're all so stoked for Ann leaving, but infuriated that her absense means Chris Traeger is also going to be gone. His positivity is emblematic of the whole show.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The transformation of Tom's expression at the end from 'This is the worst possible thing to happen!' to 'Oh man did this work' was fantastic. Great episode all around. I am really going to miss Chris though, because no one else could give us such wonderful observations, such as words being like racquetball for your mouth.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
It shouldn't be but seeing Jorma's name pop as director is really weird to me.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

FactsAreUseless posted:

I still don't understand why Tina Fey has never had a cameo on this show. It's not as though they shy away from high-profile guest stars.

Until recently she was busy with 30 Rock. It's possible their schedules just never worked out with P&R in L.A. and 30 Rock in New York.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
I will be surprised (and disappointed, of course) if we don't see a single Tina Fey cameo before the end of the show.

This episode was another good sleeper-hit kind of episode like ep. 3, but it wasn't quite as good as 3 or 4. That said, average or slightly-above-average by P&R standards is an exceptional episode for most other shows.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

thexerox123 posted:

So now we don't get another new episode until November 14th? Friggin' NBC.

We'll apparently get 2 back-to-back episodes on Nov. 14th and 21st, and then another break until January. :(

I like how this means the P&R Halloween episode will air on October 21. I feel like NBC has done this a few times before (bumped P&R so a holiday episode aired way late).

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

I like how this means the P&R Halloween episode will air on October 21. I feel like NBC has done this a few times before (bumped P&R so a holiday episode aired way late).

They sure did it for Community last year. After NBC bumped the premiere from October to February, its Halloween episode aired on Valentine's Day.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Bashez posted:

It shouldn't be but seeing Jorma's name pop as director is really weird to me.

I caught that too. Very... weird.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
That Dr. is incredibly adorable and charming. Her smile is so bright you could use it as a Vitamin D lamp. I think I love her.

Also Tom doesn't deserve her.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

That Dr. is incredibly adorable and charming. Her smile is so bright you could use it as a Vitamin D lamp. I think I love her.

Also Tom doesn't deserve her.
Have you Orphan Black?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Josh Lyman posted:

Have you Orphan Black?

No, though I've seen far too many adverts for it on BBC America.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Relentlessboredomm posted:

No, though I've seen far too many adverts for it on BBC America.

You're missing out. It's a really good show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a good show. I would rather watch 20 other shows before it though.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Amongst all the craziness today, this should be mentioned....

Parks & Rec is mostly on hiatus until the end of the year

quote:

This week's planned episode is being replaced by a repeat of The Voice, next week will feature an SNL Halloween clip show, and November 7 will offer a long-scheduled live episode of The Voice. Parks will then return on November 14, but only for two weeks, with back-to-back episodes airing that night and on November 21. (This means the show's planned Halloween/election episode will now air two weeks after Halloween and a week after Election Day.) After its two-week return, Parks disappears again, this time staying off the air completely until early 2014. NBC will fill the Parks time slot until then with a mix of football, a live broadcast of The Sound of Music, two weeks of The Sing-Off, and the hour-long return of Community on January 2. Unless NBC changes its mind, Parks will be back on January 9 in its new/old 8:30 p.m. time slot.

So when it comes back, it'll be paired with Community it looks like.

After the beating it's taking in the ratings vs. BBT, everyone should probably ready themselves for this being the last season.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Annakie posted:

Amongst all the craziness today, this should be mentioned....

Parks & Rec is mostly on hiatus until the end of the year

So when it comes back, it'll be paired with Community it looks like.

After the beating it's taking in the ratings vs. BBT, everyone should probably ready themselves for this being the last season.

I don't understand, how can The Sound of Music be aired live? Wasn't that movie made in the 60's or something?

Also, R.I.P. Parks & Rec. :911:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 22, 2013

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I forget, was it ever confirmed that this was a full season order?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm totally ready for this to be the last season what with people leaving and being away for movie shoots but please please let them give it an actual proper ending. I'd hate for it to die unceremoniously.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm totally ready for this to be the last season what with people leaving and being away for movie shoots but please please let them give it an actual proper ending. I'd hate for it to die unceremoniously.
I'm trying to think of what the show needs to wrap up to have a satisfying ending, and I think a lot of it can be handled as subplots.

These need to be A-plots
1. Ann and Chris leave.
2. Leslie deals with Ann leaving.
3. Leslie wins the recall election, and reconciles with her hometown.

These can be B-plots
4. April figures out what she wants to do with her life.
5. Tom's business wins out or Tom finds a better venture. Also: Tom finds love? (I'd like to see them bring back Lucy, but that might just be me.)
6. Donna gets some and tweets about it.
7. Gerry wanders through the woods outside Pawnee, no longer certain of his own identity. He gets his own Orphan Black-style suspense spinoff.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm really sad about this. Every show I like is dying - I can't remember having so few shows to watch post-DVR era.

It did seem like it was running out of steam, but still better than almost every sitcom on the air.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

leidend posted:

I'm really sad about this. Every show I like is dying - I can't remember having so few shows to watch post-DVR era.

It did seem like it was running out of steam, but still better than almost every sitcom on the air.

I'm just glad I gave the show a second chance after bailing halfway through the first season. Just based on the ratings we were lucky to get six seasons.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Nate RFB posted:

I forget, was it ever confirmed that this was a full season order?

We're getting 22 Episodes.

I would rather this show end than become another The Office.

I burned through season one of "House of Lies", and Ben Schwartz plays a character a lot like Jean Ralphio. People should check it out if they really crave more of him.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I really doubt this show isn't being renewed at least once more. Sure, it's being pummeled by TBBT, but what show isn't? And NBC has nothing else, all of their other new sitcoms are tanking.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm trying to think of what the show needs to wrap up to have a satisfying ending, and I think a lot of it can be handled as subplots.

These need to be A-plots
3. Leslie wins the recall election, and reconciles with her hometown.

I hope Leslie winning the recall ends up being thanks to a big push from ex-Eagletonians, and she has to come to terms with being actively liked by them.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I hope before the show ends Amy Poehler gets her wish and Bill Murray plays Mayor Gunderson.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

We're getting 22 Episodes.

I would rather this show end than become another The Office.

I burned through season one of "House of Lies", and Ben Schwartz plays a character a lot like Jean Ralphio. People should check it out if they really crave more of him.

Parks' legacy has already been cemented that it won't be another Office. Ending this season would definitely go out on a high note.

My ending involves Leslie losing the recall election. Becomes sad. Then in the final scene gets offered a "State" position.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

leidend posted:

Look at it this way: When this wraps up we could get a Fey/Poehler joint project.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

At least it's already had about 3 proper endings, it just continued on every time.

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

Ask me why I'm not squatting.
It feels like they are developing Leslie so that she doesn't want to be in an elected office. Like how her dealings with Jamm aren't going to be over any time soon. But then again there's been a Leslie versus the public antagonism since the gay penguins episode.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
She's mentioned aspirations of higher political offices before. One thing they could be doing is tempering her love for Pawnee and giving her a greater interest in the wider world, which would allow her to make the transition to bigger things easier. Broadening her views by getting the Eagletonians to be partially responsible for her not getting recalled would be a great way to do that, I think.

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

Ask me why I'm not squatting.
Yeah, that's always been a bit contradictory. "Why do you want to move from the best town in the universe? Also, I'm going to be US President."

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Tesla Insanely Coil posted:

Yeah, that's always been a bit contradictory. "Why do you want to move from the best town in the universe? Also, I'm going to be US President."

I think she mentioned earlier jumping straight over Ron to Chris' job or to mayor and doubling the budget of the Parks Department. I can see her making it to president and still somehow making decisions in a Pawnee-based light. Or hell, having a Pawnee ranch like Bush did in Texas.

If they ever DO get Bill Murray I want to see her run for mayor against him. Maybe we'll find out he's financing the recall vote because he thinks she's a threat. Whoever it is has a lot of money at any rate, because Hitachi Magic Wands aren't cheap.

I swear I didn't used to be this way about TV until I realized there was a whole subforum full of shows that I watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

The Red Queen posted:

I think she mentioned earlier jumping straight over Ron to Chris' job or to mayor and doubling the budget of the Parks Department. I can see her making it to president and still somehow making decisions in a Pawnee-based light. Or hell, having a Pawnee ranch like Bush did in Texas.

Alternatively, she's made the mental gymnastics required to come up with a scenario where she could run the country while still living in Pawnee. The White House would be her weekend home.

• Locked thread