Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
Just kicked you :10bux:. Hopefully something miraculous happens and the campaign succeeds. If not, you can count on another pledge from me during the next KS. Looks like it could be an awesome game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Thanks. :)

the Gaffe posted:

You should also buy a bunch of ads on SA. Heck when I ran the guild for the vanilla WoW server, we put an ad up for that and we got a bunch of responses and new members.

I did buy one, but I lost my job right after launching the Kickstarter so I ran outta money. Hopefully when I launch the next one I'll have more of a budget for that.

Wittgenstein posted:

^I just found Dropsy through a SA ad.

*hands over $50*

Woo! Thanks.

Some guy made a post about it on Reddit, you guys should totally click the Up arrow on it. ;)
http://www.reddit.com/r/IndieGaming/comments/1iz2vp/dropsy_a_surreal_adventure_game_with_a_bizarre/

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Gaspy Conana posted:

Some guy made a post about it on Reddit, you guys should totally click the Up arrow on it. ;)
http://www.reddit.com/r/IndieGaming/comments/1iz2vp/dropsy_a_surreal_adventure_game_with_a_bizarre/

As much as I'd love to help get the word out about clowngame, I think you're really overestimating the number of goons that also have Reddit accounts. :v:

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Only 19 hours to go! Probably won't reach the goal save for a miracle, but I'll be posting lots of juicy backer updates so back anyway. :)

Lizard Wizard posted:

As much as I'd love to help get the word out about clowngame, I think you're really overestimating the number of goons that also have Reddit accounts. :v:

Yeah, I didn't expect there to be many. That thread (or whatever they call those reddit things) seems to be going pretty well though. :munch:

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Only just found this, sadly!

Have backed and tweeted about it and am now derperately hoping for a lunatic last minute surge.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Your talent deserves more support. It's a shame other goon-related projects get funded while this does not. Is there a thread about it in GBS? There ought to be. Isn't that where the original Dropsy CYA thread started?

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

mr sad posted:

Your talent deserves more support. It's a shame other goon-related projects get funded while this does not. Is there a thread about it in GBS? There ought to be. Isn't that where the original Dropsy CYA thread started?

There is! I'm working on an update right now: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3556365

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dry your tears, Dropsy. Your day will come.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

mr sad posted:

He posted a link in the GBS Dropsy thread but a mod wouldn't let him actually say anything about it in the thread under threat of being banned.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jul 26, 2013

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for this to actually happen, it just looks so drat charming.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Thanks for the music pack I'm digging a lot of it.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So i've been reading the CYOA on your site for the first time and a panel on page 15 is missing. The image in question is

http://jaytholen.net/pan26.gif

Hope that's useful to you.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Could you post the banner ad here when you do another Kickstarter so goons can help out and pay for it if they want?

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Gaspy Conana posted:

I'm so confused. PC Games?
I know this is old, but "weird games with the egg" could be referring to the Dizzy series, the most popular which are puzzle/graphic adventure games but with platforming. Actually, the original creators of it launched a failed Kickstarter too, and there's was also a very-promising Kickstarter for a spiritual sequel (with demo) called Spud's Quest that funded and is actually going to be released very soon.

Basically, all this is to say I have nothing real to contribute but I hope Dropsy makes it next time :shobon:

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I'm working on getting something playable finished before the next Kickstarter attempt. It'll most likely be a chunk of the Dreamworld. I'm shooting for having it finished in ~3 weeks.

BiggerJ posted:

Could you post the banner ad here when you do another Kickstarter so goons can help out and pay for it if they want?

This is a rad idea. I'll definitely do that the next go-round.

Megazver posted:

So i've been reading the CYOA on your site for the first time and a panel on page 15 is missing. The image in question is

http://jaytholen.net/pan26.gif

Hope that's useful to you.

Oh man, I'll have to find it. Thanks for the heads up.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Gaspy Conana posted:

Oh man, I'll have to find it. Thanks for the heads up.

The rest of it was there, by the way. I really enjoyed it.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Streaming some pixel art for the game again:
http://www.twitch.tv/jaytholen

Megazver posted:

The rest of it was there, by the way. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks! :)

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSzoYNimY34

Still working hard on getting a demo ready. Here are a bunch of new (or enhanced) scenes I just pumped out! No gameplay, just pretty visuals. :)

Anoulie
Oct 8, 2013

Gaspy Conana posted:

Here are a bunch of new (or enhanced) scenes I just pumped out! No gameplay, just pretty visuals. :)

That looks so rad. Be sure to link us to the next Kickstarter when you launch.

So is Dropsy human or what is he, exactly? Or are you not giving that away yet? Also, are we gonna get multiple endings or just one? Is there even an ending?

I'm excited to see how it ends up!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
:siren: Early audio test. Here's a video showing the music sort of 'morphing' based on the mood of the area. It's the first part of Dropsy's dreamworld: :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imws7w2mGa4

Anoulie posted:

That looks so rad. Be sure to link us to the next Kickstarter when you launch.

So is Dropsy human or what is he, exactly? Or are you not giving that away yet? Also, are we gonna get multiple endings or just one? Is there even an ending?

I'm excited to see how it ends up!

Haha, trust me, I'll be posting it as much as I'm allowed. :)

No comment regarding Dropsy's humanness.

There's only going to be one ending. I'd rather tell one good solid story. Adding multiple endings would make a sequel more difficult to plan (which is the true ending?) and would increase my workload like crazy. I'm allowing for some player choice in Dropsy's dreamworld though. It branches in multiple directions, so you can't possibly see all of it in one playthrough.

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 11, 2013

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So this is a thing on Kickstarter again:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jaytholen/dropsy

If you've got a Reddit account you could help out by upvoting the threads about this and giving Jay more visibility:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1p2pn8/dropsy_a_surreal_open_world_adventure_game/

http://www.reddit.com/r/IndieGaming/comments/1p2n3g/dropsy_a_surreal_adventure_game_starring_a/

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
I put in 25 bux. Might increase it closer to the ending when I know how much money I'll have at the time. We need to get a bunch of banners up on the site!! Last time I was incredibly surprised how late in the KS I actually found out it existed. Goons love the CYOA threads.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

the Gaffe posted:

I put in 25 bux. Might increase it closer to the ending when I know how much money I'll have at the time. We need to get a bunch of banners up on the site!! Last time I was incredibly surprised how late in the KS I actually found out it existed. Goons love the CYOA threads.

I'm working on the banners right now. I should have them up by tonight. I'll post them in the thread too if anyone wants to spread them around. I'm super excited! Ahh!

EDIT: Banners will actually be up today instead. These campaigns keep ya' busy.

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 24, 2013

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
The last time I saw this Kickstarter I didn't have a job and I was sad because it looked like it was running alongside several high-profile kickstarters, so I figured it wouldn't succeed

This time it's running alongside the guys who made MYST making a new point-and-click, but the difference is I have a job and I am happy to give my money to this clown. Also thanks for putting a link to the original CYOA in the Kickstarter!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Geight posted:

The last time I saw this Kickstarter I didn't have a job and I was sad because it looked like it was running alongside several high-profile kickstarters, so I figured it wouldn't succeed

This time it's running alongside the guys who made MYST making a new point-and-click, but the difference is I have a job and I am happy to give my money to this clown. Also thanks for putting a link to the original CYOA in the Kickstarter!

Yup! I need to get the other ones in webpage form. I think they'd make for good updates.

I'm talking to a guy about possibly making a little 16 page coloring book as an add-on. He already did a little preview illustration and it looks beautiful. I'm only gonna go through with it until I can make sure the campaign will meet it's minimum.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Less than a day in and it looks like you already have a couple of high rollers backing you.

I am not one of them. But I did drop you $25 like last time.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
I always wonder what the story is when a kickstarter like this starts up and someone quickly donates something like $700. Is it someone the creator knows? Someone who's just giving people hope only to take it away later? People who actually have a lot of money and peruse through the cesspool that is the recently launched Kickstarters page? I guess there were a couple people who dropped big bux on the last project, so probably just the same people I assume.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

the Gaffe posted:

I always wonder what the story is when a kickstarter like this starts up and someone quickly donates something like $700. Is it someone the creator knows? Someone who's just giving people hope only to take it away later? People who actually have a lot of money and peruse through the cesspool that is the recently launched Kickstarters page? I guess there were a couple people who dropped big bux on the last project, so probably just the same people I assume.

That was awesome. I don't personally know the guy, but you can bet I'm gonna thank the crap out of him once I find some way to contact him. He isn't accepting messages on KS.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Kicked in $10. Maybe don't include that hot dog stand thing ahahaha.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

DannyTanner posted:

Kicked in $10. Maybe don't include that hot dog stand thing ahahaha.

Yeaaaah, I'm putting it somewhere in the far outer reaches of the Dreamworld. I was caught up in Doobie fever and it seemed cute at the time. :shrug:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
You should be awesome pixel-art buddies with Confederate Express and promote one another.

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.
Yay! :dance:
Dropsy is a staff pick!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Here's an ad banner, if anyone wants to help out and link it to either the thread or the KS. I bought one that will go up tomorrow, but that was pretty much the end of my marketing budget. I'm thinking of making a few with different moods too. Spooky, mysterious, etc.

In other news, I'm working on a bunch of new game content to show as the KS progresses.

Megazver posted:

You should be awesome pixel-art buddies with Confederate Express and promote one another.

Sent them a message, but they can't cross-promote due to some kind of contract they signed. :( They did back though! :) Matt from Neverending Nightmares is going to push Dropsy in his next update!

DancingPenguin posted:

Yay! :dance:
Dropsy is a staff pick!

I was so thrilled when I found out we were a pick. Kickstarter even tweeted their love for Dropsy. :allears:

EDIT: We're at 51%! WOOOOO!

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 25, 2013

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
In for $25. I like to support goons.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Thrilled that this is back. Will be screaming about it on FB and Twitter.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

bowmore posted:

I like to support goons.

Ditto. I'm pretty poor right now, but I put in what I could afford.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Could you please start accepting cash via Paypal when you hit 100%? It'd be more convenient for me.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I never followed any of the threads and I have no way to do online transactions at the moment but this looks great and I hope you find success with it, best of luck to you.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Rock Paper Shotgun did an article on you about half an hour ago:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/10/25/dropsy-is-an-adorable-grotesque-open-world-adventure/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
:swoon: I can't believe it! Yayyyy!

And thanks guys! I appreciate the backage!

BiggerJ posted:

Could you please start accepting cash via Paypal when you hit 100%? It'd be more convenient for me.

Definitely! I need to do that to afford throwing this baby up on Greenlight.

• Locked thread