Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He's certainly following through, but it's in the same way that a plane crash is 'following through' its flight plan.

Well I really don't doubt he'll get it up and running eventually, but I'm not so sunny on its chances of actually surviving and not propelling his family into financial ruin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Upside, "I ruined my family for your hot dogs" is a sweet slogan.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Novo posted:

You forgot: It's racist to make fun of and be disgusted by morbidly obese people by implying that they eat a lot of fried foods if they also happen to be black.

Hahaha this guy right here is acting indignant about someone making jokes about fat black people eating too much fried chicken and it's not for the reason you'd expect!!!

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Novo posted:

You forgot: It's racist to make fun of and be disgusted by morbidly obese people by implying that they eat a lot of fried foods if they also happen to be black.

Jesus loving Christ.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Novo posted:

You have got to be making GBS threads me.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Had such bad credit he couldn't get the loan he was banking on, which meant he put no planning into this before hinging a major part of his future on it.

Wait, wasn't the whole point of the goonrush thing that we'd be giving him a chance at his dream without staking his family's future on it?

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Dave Chappelle said black people are genetically predisposed to like fried chicken, not just because it's delicious. I don't have an opinion one way or the other, since I don't go to fried chicken places a lot or eat much of fried chicken. I'm just saying he did say that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TOOT BOOT posted:

Wait, wasn't the whole point of the goonrush thing that we'd be giving him a chance at his dream without staking his family's future on it?

No apparently in the KS he always said the goal was to get him money plus a loan from the bank for some reason. Considering he shattered his goal I'm not sure why he still needed the bank loan but apparently that was always the plan. So basically he asked for money, got the money, THEN did the risky part of applying for a loan.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Box of Trial posted:

Well I really don't doubt he'll get it up and running eventually

Really? You don't doubt it even a little bit?

I admire your blind faith. Wait, just kidding. That's most of what's wrong with this world.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Oct 24, 2013

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Michael Scott posted:

Really? You don't doubt it even a little bit?

I admire your blind faith. Wait, just kidding. That's most of what's wrong with this world.

I think there's a decent chance he'll open the restaurant, but the mistakes he's made thus far make me very skeptical about his ability to be profitable in the long term.

vvvvvvvvv I don't think he's out of money yet, as far as I can tell. vvvvvvv

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

So he's running this close to the wire with getting the business set up, where's his operating cash going to come from? I hope he doesn't think he's going to pay the second month's bills with the first month's profits.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

clammy posted:

Dave Chappelle said black people are genetically predisposed to like fried chicken, not just because it's delicious. I don't have an opinion one way or the other, since I don't go to fried chicken places a lot or eat much of fried chicken. I'm just saying he did say that.

No he didn't, he said everyone likes fried chicken. Except for you apparently.

What happened clammy? Did your parents beat you with a drumstick?

Thanksgiving must have been hell.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
In fact his literal joke was that everyone liked fried chicken, but he's afraid to eat it in public because he gets overly paranoid of racists being justified by it.

Beetlejuice v.o
Jul 12, 2008

Novo posted:

You're an idiot

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Novo posted:

Wait a second, are you SERIOUSLY trying to turn this into a "look who the real racist people are" type of argument?

Man I'd really like to move on but at the same time you are not really helping yourself with a dumb rear end post like that

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

I mean I'd ask what is wrong with people but I know the answer. You guys ate too many boiled hot dogs. OK. Well, that tears it.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
This thread is taking a vacation in Paranormal and Conspiracy.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
the ghost of hot dog christmas still haunts this thread

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what if this was some sort of scam and he was some sort of minor racist? Really makes you think its some sort of paranormal conspiracy

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

have u ever boiled a hotdog in the pale moonlight

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Smokey posted:

rename this bozo christmas with the franks

If this happened somehow it would be extremely creepy and in the spirit of the new forum imo.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

https://www.facebook.com/doobies.doghouse/posts/1467100176849386

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

This thread is like Doobie's Dream: limping along, won't quite die, gets closed down for a while but for no good reason moves forward again.

You watch. Loan officers have not yet felt the power of the MicroBloggoSphere

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Hot dogs are a loving ghost

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012
14,000 dollars have disappeared. ghosts?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Did you know Wayne reported a UFO over a year ago? From nuforc.org:

Doobies Dogs posted:

Sighting Report
Occurred : 3/26/2012 10:40 (Entered as : 3/26/2012 10:40)
Reported: 6/15/2012 2:41:10 AM 02:41
Posted: 6/20/2012
Shape: Rectangle
Duration:night
Rectangle shape one bright light with no sound at all

One night at work a co worker and i was standing out side talking and a large dark object was moving over the trees cross the parking lot very slow. As we look in amazment it had no sound and a bright light came on it was less than fifth feet off the ground. It turn very slowly toward the right like it was about to run into the plant it pause for about ten seconds and than moved on over the plant and it was gone.

My co-worker ask me what was that i told him it was a UFO while my heart was beating 200 mph.

The next day i figuer out why it showed up there and why. We both work in maintenance ad we install some eltronic device on the roof i'm not going to say what but one off the three malfunction and was stuck on sending out a constant pluse and the red light on the device was constantly flashing.

I been looking every nite sence and i have not seen it any more.
http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/089/S89594.html

Miracle Max
May 26, 2005

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
Doobie dawg eating goasts are racist? Get Mulder Fox on the horn!

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Some Other Guy posted:

Did you know Wayne reported a UFO over a year ago? From nuforc.org:

http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/089/S89594.html

Holy poo poo I wish this was actually him.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Yeah, it's better if you try reading it out loud.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Some Other Guy posted:

Yeah, it's better if you try reading it out loud.

That's how I read it and also pictured a guy in an ill-fitting baseball cap pointing incredulously at the sky while a toothpick falls from his mouth.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Here is Doobie's more recent siting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IACPcSDQlRM

edit: Duration:night

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 25, 2013

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
the ufos are more real than his hot dog stand.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

There's not much I wouldn't buy from a place that looked like that.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

is this the ghost thread?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

COBRARocky posted:

is this the ghost thread?

It's about the Ghost of Christmas Future for at least one rear end in a top hat.

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

ghost dogs

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008

Shine posted:

It's about the Ghost of Christmas Future for at least one rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

As it was foretold ITYOOL 1999

• Locked thread