Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Kilonum posted:

I will be updating my engine mod for it today (actually have the text editor open right now).

EDIT: Due to game engine changes I have to completely overhaul the mod (old versions still work, just need to update some variables and add in new variables)

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Here I am, driving the brand new Volvo with a Flaming Dragon paintjob in the rain while listening to Radio Gothic, this game just got alot more metal. :black101:

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Starhawk64 posted:

Normally i don't buy cosmetic DLC, but those paint jobs are sweet as gently caress.

Me neither, but $1.99 for 7 sweet rear end skins has me pretty tempted.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Steam is the worst for impulse buying. :argh:

Starhawk64 posted:

Here I am, driving the brand new Volvo with a Flaming Dragon paintjob in the rain while listening to Radio Gothic, this game just got alot more metal. :black101:
Truck soulmate!

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I caved. I bought the paints.

I don't feel bad about it.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
You really shouldn't.

Because that would mean that I have a problem, too.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ehhhh, you could've easily made a skin like that yourself, if you found a suitable graphic.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
I'd rather support the devs. They made a great fun game, they update it regularly with cool stuff. I think of it as a tip.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
If you're on the fence about the main game or Going East, it's on sale now on Steam. Might as well throw in the Halloween Paint Jobs as well to make up a bit of the difference. The paint is inexpensive anyways.

And it supports the devs. Skull is the best skin :colbert:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

I may be listening to a baseball game right now

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/full_image.php?id=000000000000A2AA&cdn=1

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yes, to those on the fence, JOIN US... :unsmigghh:

Seriously, it is an amazingly relaxing and oddly fun game. Plus you get to listen to Swiss Disco stations, Russian Punk Rock, and other weirdness on the radio.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Necroneocon posted:

I'd rather support the devs. They made a great fun game, they update it regularly with cool stuff. I think of it as a tip.

They even fully acknowledge this on their blog. They said that they are aware truck skins are no big deal for veteran players who know how to use mods, but this is for either people who are not comfortable with mods or people who want to contribute to continued development. They'd rather put out large things like the new Volvo truck for free and then let people donate via something like the Halloween skins. It lets them offer something of cosmetic value for contributions without just begging for donations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I finally picked this up and spent two hours driving around listening to French orchestra music.

Do you get tickets and poo poo for speeding? I dont think the beginner trucks can even get up to the limits on the highways.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Goetta posted:

Do you get tickets and poo poo for speeding?

Yeah, but it seems to be weirdly inconsistent, at least to me.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
There are speed traps at set points and there's usually a sign telling you where they are. For the places they're not, you get good at spotting them on the road ahead. If you want to go fast, make sure you turn off the speed limiter in the options menu. The headlights tickets are a pain in the rear end, though, because "light enough to see easily" doesn't always mean "light enough to drive without lights."

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Novolin posted:

There are speed traps at set points and there's usually a sign telling you where they are. For the places they're not, you get good at spotting them on the road ahead. If you want to go fast, make sure you turn off the speed limiter in the options menu. The headlights tickets are a pain in the rear end, though, because "light enough to see easily" doesn't always mean "light enough to drive without lights."

Just leave the lights on all the time. There's no penalty for that.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Jizz Festival posted:

Just leave the lights on all the time. There's no penalty for that.

I'm pretty sure I got penalized for doing this at one point but I am not 100% sure.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Really? I've never seen that happen and the first thing I do is turn on the lights even if it's daytime.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Color Printer posted:

I'm pretty sure I got penalized for doing this at one point but I am not 100% sure.

I've never had it happen and I leave the lights on all the time,

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Jizz Festival posted:

Really? I've never seen that happen and the first thing I do is turn on the lights even if it's daytime.

Kilonum posted:

I've never had it happen and I leave the lights on all the time,

Huh. Must be thinking of something else then.

Not that it honestly matters, fines aren't that much of a problem unless you're low on money or you love to break the law all the time constantly get accosted by "enemies". :argh:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Captain Novolin posted:

You should have your lights on all the time anyway. It's more considerate for other drivers. Even though you can see it doesn't mean others can see you all that well.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

You can get tickets in the game for having your lights on but I have absolutely no idea what situation triggers it or if it's just high-beams that trigger it or what. I just turn the lights on when I see the cars around me have them on.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Lights need to be on at night (I want to say that's 5-7 but I could be off, there's some wiggle room there), when it rains, and in tunnels. I think I've been ticketed for having my brights on during the day. but not for normal lights, although I guess I've never run lights on enough during the day to be 100% sure.

Also Czech and Polish drivers always have their lights on, in accordance with laws there, but I've never been ticketed for not having them on during the day there, although they could always change that in a patch.

Also I've been hit for running parking lights only when I was dumb and didn't realize that the actual lights weren't on at night.

(edit): nevermind, answered my own questions about the new truck

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 25, 2013

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I always have my lights on just because. Also the way to tell if you need your lights on, especially if you are either in a city or on a motorway in Belgium is if the street lights are on then turn your lights on.

Also, according to the blog, 1.8 will be an update to the traffic enemy AI. Hopefully this will mean more new enemy models will be included.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
I drive around with my lights on constantly, and I leave my hi-beams and mounted lights on all the time at night. The only thing that has ever happened is I occasionally get flashed by oncoming drivers for having hi-beams on. That's it. I've never, ever gotten a ticket for it.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
I love the flaming skull paintjob.

"Why yes, I am perfectly qualified to take your 20t load of nitroglycerin half way across Europe. Why do you ask?"

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Are you not allowed to make a right turn on red? I get tickets even when I use my turn signal.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Tagichatn posted:

Are you not allowed to make a right turn on red? I get tickets even when I use my turn signal.

Pretty sure it's not allowed in most of Europe.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Tagichatn posted:

Europe is a place of uncivilized drivers, they've never heard of right on red. :911:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Tagichatn posted:

It'll ding you for crossing the stop bar no matter the reason.

If you enter an intersection from the other side of the road you'll never get a ticket. :ssh:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Jagged Jim posted:

It'll ding you for crossing the stop bar no matter the reason.

If you enter an intersection from the other side of the road you'll never get a ticket. :ssh:

or the sidewalk, I believe

Is there a mod or option that turns off the tickets (for running lights, crashes, speeding, etc, all of them)? I realize that this is a game about driving trucks, and it's weird to complain about being bored but all the same, sitting at red lights and driving at the speed limit is kind of boring and I'd love to not be penalized for it.

Too much GTA, I know, but I likes what I likes.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
What are you talking about, I always stopped at the lights in GTA. Even when I had a few stars.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is there a mod or option that turns off the tickets (for running lights, crashes, speeding, etc, all of them)? I realize that this is a game about driving trucks, and it's weird to complain about being bored but all the same, sitting at red lights and driving at the speed limit is kind of boring and I'd love to not be penalized for it.

Remember the title of the previous thread: "speeding tickets are the cost of doing business".

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ainsley McTree posted:

Get some employees, they're there to make sure your tickets are always paid.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

duz posted:

Get some employees, they're there to make sure your tickets are always paid.

Oh I've got them, I just want to make even more money than I already do. Mmmmmoooney

It's a relief to hear that I'm playing the game correctly by ignoring the laws and getting the tickets anyway, though. I thought I was doing something ignoble for a while there.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ainsley McTree posted:

Oh I've got them, I just want to make even more money than I already do. Mmmmmoooney

It's a relief to hear that I'm playing the game correctly by ignoring the laws and getting the tickets anyway, though. I thought I was doing something ignoble for a while there.

I said it in the last thread, but I think one of this game's strengths is that you can play it however you want. I actually enjoy sticking to the speed limits, trying to get there on time with no tickets and no damage, trying to get a perfect run. Other people like to turn off the limiter and drive at a billion miles per hour on the wrong side of the road, weaving through oncoming traffic with their brights on. Both are valid, just do whatever is fun for you, so long as you can keep your company afloat.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I did Gdansk to Swansea the other night. FML.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

I said it in the last thread, but I think one of this game's strengths is that you can play it however you want. I actually enjoy sticking to the speed limits, trying to get there on time with no tickets and no damage, trying to get a perfect run. Other people like to turn off the limiter and drive at a billion miles per hour on the wrong side of the road, weaving through oncoming traffic with their brights on. Both are valid, just do whatever is fun for you, so long as you can keep your company afloat.

I have to say that I'm disturbed at how much I enjoy this game. It's just driving trucks on roads, I feel kind of embarrassed telling my friends that I play it. But gently caress it, I do and I like it.

At least I'm not one of those Train Simulator weirdos

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Ainsley McTree posted:

I have to say that I'm disturbed at how much I enjoy this game. It's just driving trucks on roads, I feel kind of embarrassed telling my friends that I play it. But gently caress it, I do and I like it.

At least I'm not one of those Train Simulator weirdos

Everyone has this same reaction, including me. I guess for me it's like back when I first got a car and would just drive and listen to the radio for the hell of it. Except with this you don't have to pay for gas, the penalty if you get in an accident is minimal, and there's actually a "point" to the driving you're doing (getting to play Pimp My Ride with a million trucks and build a trucking monopoly that rules Europe with an iron fist). But it's mostly still just driving around and listening to the radio. It's very relaxing.

I just love how everyone goes from "I bought this game, how stupid, what a laugh" to "ok, this is actually pretty cool" to "I just spend like 20 hours this weekend trucking and I ordered a TrackIR." There's some sort of low-grade crack built into the game.

Bought the new Volvo and I'm liking it well enough so far. It has a really nice dashboard, lots of info, and like the old Volvo, plenty of power. Only disappointing thing is I don't think you can put driver nameplates on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I like how the distance between locations is just long enough to make it feel like you've achieved something when you've arrived, but not so long that it gives you time to realize what you've chosen to do with your life today. It's quite a precarious balance, the devs should be proud.

• Locked thread