Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Went to check out battlelog and see that about a third of my friends list is playing this game right now. :golfclap:

Has anyone heard anything about why the Veteran pack isn't showing for everyone that has Veteran status?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Ularg posted:

Spam your use key when you restart the check point and it will go as normal. Happened to me. Either spam it or hold it.

This worked, thanks :)

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005
Nooby question: how is anyone playing right now? I'm still locked.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So why is the sound in multiplayer cutting out so often? It's not making it actually unplayable but it's messing with my senses way too much that I feel like my game is freezing when I have no sound even when it is not frozen.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Anyone else running into an issue where SP progress doesn't show up in battlelog? Should've gotten the shank and the machete already, but BL doesn't even show that I've completed more than the starting mission. :(

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

dinoputz posted:

They moved(their internet) to Korea(using a VPN).

Damone
May 3, 2009

dinoputz posted:

VPN Shenanigans, Immigrating to Korea/china? and wizard magic.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

All this VPN trickery just shows how stupid staggered release dates are.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Im playing the campaign atm, you need it for unlocks.

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Sandweed posted:

All this VPN trickery just shows how stupid staggered release dates are.

The thing that makes it even dumber is the fact that they only do it to keep retailers happy by not directly competing with them and selling a game before it's available in stores. Same reason the game costs the same on Origin as it does in a store even though there's no need to pay for packaging or logistics.

Old, dead business models ruin everything yet again.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Do I have to stay connected to the VPN in order to keep Battlefield to keep running?

*EDIT: Just don't close origin, got it.

Texibus fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 28, 2013

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Has anyone tried the Machete to get a knife kill? Are there special animations or is it just the same stabbing motion(s)?

It'd be cool if it had a tradeoff; with a machete equipped, you have no quick knife button, but can't be counter-knifed on your attempt. You also can't counter-knife people trying to melee you. I think that'd be a decent tradeoff.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
[beep] Eerrm uuuh I'd like to report a sick gameplay experience, over

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Texibus posted:

Do I have to stay connected to the VPN in order to keep Battlefield to keep running?

Untested, anecdotal: VPN/Proxy, activate, right click check bf4 updates, deactivate VPN/Proxy.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Nitevision posted:

[beep] Eerrm uuuh I'd like to report a sick gameplay experience, over

Yeah, poo poo is pretty good. It's too awesome for my computer to handle apparently because after every map session I've played, I get a red screen of death and my computer reboots during the map switchover. Tried to fix it earlier, but to no avail. Anyone else with an AMD card crashing during a map switch in multiplayer?

Laterbase
May 18, 2011

teagone posted:

Anyone else with an AMD card crashing during a map switch in multiplayer?

HD7970 here working fine. Anyone playing online right now getting sniped a lot? Everyone seems to be recon.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Laterbase posted:

HD7970 here working fine. Anyone playing online right now getting sniped a lot? Everyone seems to be recon.

Glad my GPU is going to be up to snuff, though there was little doubt after the beta.

Your sniping problem may be directly related to the fact you are playing a modern military shooter.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Laterbase posted:

The solution is play support. Make good use of that XM-25!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Laterbase posted:

Hmm. I noticed another person with a 7950 elsewhere is having the same problem as me. Maybe it's an issue with xx50 cards or something.

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.
I'm sure this has been answered many times, but what is the best change from BF3 so far?

I'm on the fence about BF4. It seems like it will be fun, but I want some goon opinions before I purchase it.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:

Look mom I'm famous!

Laterbase
May 18, 2011

VeggieSmuggler posted:

I'm sure this has been answered many times, but what is the best change from BF3 so far?

I'm on the fence about BF4. It seems like it will be fun, but I want some goon opinions before I purchase it.

Claymores now shoot out some spiderman style cords into walls and stuff.
EDIT: planting a claymore also seems to break the game. On two separate games after planting one I get my movement speed reduced to about 10%. It persists until I join a new server.

Laterbase fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 28, 2013

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

Smegmatron posted:

The thing that makes it even dumber is the fact that they only do it to keep retailers happy by not directly competing with them and selling a game before it's available in stores. Same reason the game costs the same on Origin as it does in a store even though there's no need to pay for packaging or logistics.

Don't forget the part where Xbox One tried to change this by eliminating used games and Reddit had a collective tantrum about maintaining this awful status quo.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:
Jets have respawn time of 90 seconds. NINETY loving SECONDS gently caress you dise

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Playing MP I get dropped after about 5 min on a server. Is this servers being crap, or is it a prob on my end?

Also, the game runs MUCH better than beta for me, even on ancient hardware.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now

Naturally Selected posted:

Playing MP I get dropped after about 5 min on a server. Is this servers being crap, or is it a prob on my end?

Also, the game runs MUCH better than beta for me, even on ancient hardware.

Update PunkBuster?

VeggieSmuggler posted:

Elevators :colbert:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

peabody624 posted:

What is with the delay on firing the REX? Makes it terrible.

It's because it's double action (pulling the trigger also cocks the hammer) and it's a little touch that gives me such a loving nerd boner. I only wish you could manually cock it to have instant fire, but have it go off in your hand/holster if you mantle over something or get jarred because gun safety :awesome:

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

Laterbase posted:

Claymores now shoot out some spiderman style cords into walls and stuff.

Yes, but do they still disappear immediately after you die?

Also of course everyone is going to snipe, look at how many people played worthless snipers in BF3 despite sniping in that game being awful and not fun, now they've made it fun again and given recon the wizards camera and C4, I would expect to see nothing but snipers.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Smegmatron posted:

I think there are a few console types in here, are you all still buying everything on physical disks? I imagine that's the reason EA can't afford to piss off the big retailers.

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.
Just finished the campaign but I don't have the last assignment done, so no P90 for me I guess? :smith:
Don't really want to go through that again just to unlock guns, can you get them any other way?

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
Bumping this link for folks like me who just got off work and want to do the VPN trick.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1pbx9o/bf4_best_way_to_get_early_access_using_proxy_all/

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

Someguy posted:

Yes, but do they still disappear immediately after you die?

Also of course everyone is going to snipe, look at how many people played worthless snipers in BF3 despite sniping in that game being awful and not fun, now they've made it fun again and given recon the wizards camera and C4, I would expect to see nothing but snipers.

Carbine recons are perfectly fine :colbert:

Jalapeno0
Mar 9, 2013
So is our clan tag going to be CUCK or LLJK? Right now I see a mix of both, seen GOON as well.

peabody624
Dec 12, 2006

You guys weren't kidding when you said the LAW was broken, it eats hot rear end.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Is there no server queue anymore?

edit

quote:

Origin could not get code (-5df70000): Base proxy error. You shouldn't get this error.

Whats up?

I installed SoftEther VPN, connected to Korea, double clicked game, and get this error when trying to join games.

Am I doing something wrong?

ed

Restart seemed to work.

So now that I've authenticated and gotten into a game, I no longer need a VPN connection, right?

Zuhzuhzombie!! fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 28, 2013

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Man when people start getting JDAMS half the maps are going to be unfuckingplayable.

Mustard Plant
Jun 16, 2003

NOBODY DOES GAY LIKE THE COMMONWEALTH OF PA

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Is there no server queue anymore?

There's still a queue, and a premium prioritized queue.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
How long till the game officially releases?

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
Cause daddy needs his poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Midnight EST time I believe if you are a North American goon.

• Locked thread